No more patch updates before Fleet Carriers?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Haaaang on for just one moment there. Who are you and where's the REAL Agony Aunt? He would never be surprised at that!

May I have your attention, please?
May I have your attention, please?
Will the real Agony Aunt please stand up?
I repeat, will the real Agony Aunt please stand up?

See I just don't understand this entire 'FD MUST TELL US EVERYTHING' mentality some have here. Why, what will telling everyone what will happen in 12 months time going to achieve. If FD made an announcement tomorrow on what is in New Era, how would that effect the player base?:
  1. Some will say they are rage quitting (but we can never tell because the refuse to leave the forums lol). Not a great loss to FD as they would rage quit when the DLC drops anyway.
  2. Some will declare that they won't buy the DLC because of 'x' either being included or being excluded (or both with some here). Again, nothing FD can do about that, they had to make a business decision and know that they can't please everyone all the time and no one player is more important than any other player.
  3. The majority will continue playing, either whining about what is about to happen or excited about it. But they are smart enough to know these big changes to the game are outside of their control and they have to either accept FD's decisions or they can vote with their feet and leave.
  4. The worst that can happen is FD state they are planning on added 'ABC' to the game but down track find out they can't for some legitimate reason whether it be some engineering problem with either one of the platforms or Windows. Basically something outside of their control and they admit that. What happens then is the forum will erupt with cries of YOU PROMISED, totally ignoring the bit that ABC can't be done for some valid reason.
So I will ask again, why should FD be forced to tell us what their long and short term plans are and what would it achieve (apart from generating more salt)?
I don’t want everything, just a little something. Specifically release dates of new features so I can request time off from work ;)

I never thought GalNet sucked. It was Lo-Fi but that doesn't mean it sucked. At least it was incorporated better than the lit sections of some other modern games. Some other games just have their lit dumped in this spot and it's just so obviously bolted on to the game and it doesn't really synergize in any way.

The two biggest wants I have in this game would be more and better music, possibly even really regionally differentiated music, and something to make the doldrums of SC less intense.

I tried playing this game with some of Roberts' music and man what a difference it made. I kept specific tracks to specific system types and it was great! The ED music feels more impressive and dynamic in some ways but the fresh music was such a bump to the atmosphere.

I also wish SC wasn't like it was. I wish it was more interesting to look at or took skill to do somehow. Like in Andromeda maybe where you have to actually navigate through it or it can destroy the ship. Maybe the faster you go the more intense it is and at base speed it requires no input; we do this as a courtesy to screenshots or to give people a moment if needed or maybe to get up from the helm for when space legs comes in. Perhaps Interdictions could simply be a game of chicken. The more suicidal the freighter pilot the more risk the interdictor must take.

Anyway. I just hope some new music comes in with space legs, and some tweak to SC, whatever that is, or at least something good to do on the ship while you're waiting.

Perhaps there could be both. Perhaps SC 2.0 is something you could choose to kick on or not if you wanted to do something with your legs on the ship along the way, and just let regular SC get you there the slow way.

Anyway. Part of me wonders if they're insistent on launching FC before New Era because FC wasn't developed by A-Team working on New Era and they want testing. I don't readily see how FC sets up New Era, but I can see how it would exist alongside it, what with base building.

Stephen Benedetti

Community Manager
Thanks Stephen :)

Can you answer yet whether some or all of Galnet News Articles, Community Goals, and Interstellar Initiatives, are (not) returning alongside Fleet Carriers?
Hey @StuartGT,

There are no plans on returning Galnet News Articles, Community Goals, and Interstellar Initiatives at this time. If this does change we will let you know.

Perhaps there could be both. Perhaps SC 2.0 is something you could choose to kick on or not if you wanted to do something with your legs on the ship along the way, and just let regular SC get you there the slow way.

Anyway. Part of me wonders if they're insistent on launching FC before New Era because FC wasn't developed by A-Team working on New Era and they want testing. I don't readily see how FC sets up New Era, but I can see how it would exist alongside it, what with base building.
Fleet Carriers is certainly not part of the "New Era". The 2 being close to one another is due to the delay of FC but there is a chance that FC was delayed to accommodate some changes to handle whatever is coming in the "New Era".

There are no plans on returning Galnet News Articles, Community Goals, and Interstellar Initiatives at this time.
iu

Hey @StuartGT,

There are no plans on returning Galnet News Articles, Community Goals, and Interstellar Initiatives at this time. If this does change we will let you know.
Thank you for letting us know.

I am of course somewhat disappointed about the CGs and IIs not coming back in the near future and hope you will be able to bring us happier news on that in the next few months. As for Galnet I am using that as much now as I ever did but even so it would be nice if it came back eventually.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom