No more patch updates before Fleet Carriers?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Or:

Bugfix Update 1 - Jan
Bugfix Update 2 - April
FC Update - End of June

Still within the timetable and now it's a "series" of bugfixes, as announced.

I remember "end of first quarter of 2020" for FC release, it's too long, all my guys (squadron) begun to slide in other games...

Hey @StuartGT,

There are no plans on returning Galnet News Articles, Community Goals, and Interstellar Initiatives at this time. If this does change we will let you know.
Colour me not at all bothered:
Galnet was just confusing fluff
CG were just a weekly grind bonus
II were a long winded railroad that ended with exactly what FD wanted in beige, or a slightly different colour beige.

Are there plans on returning Galnet News Articles, Community Goals, and Interstellar Initiatives at another time? Please let me know.

;)
@Stephen Benedetti yeah, sorry to do a Jeremy Paxman on this one but, "at this time" is wording FD normally reserve for statements like "we have no plans to make Powerplay be Open Mode only at this time" - which I tend to read as "we have no plans to do that whatsoever unless we have a fairly serious change of direction further down the line". So are you saying that you currently have no future plans to bring back Galnet, CG's or Interstellar Initiatives?

@Stephen Benedetti yeah, sorry to do a Jeremy Paxman on this one but, "at this time" is wording FD normally reserve for statements like "we have no plans to make Powerplay be Open Mode only at this time" - which I tend to read as "we have no plans to do that whatsoever unless we have a fairly serious change of direction further down the line". So are you saying that you currently have no future plans to bring back Galnet, CG's or Interstellar Initiatives?
Even optimistic me is beginning to wonder over what the future brings for ED 🤷‍♂️

I've plenty to do until Q4 2020 (assuming I live that long - wrong age group :) ) in the game, but if 'New Era' is executed with the panache currently given to the game, who knows?

I may be making a mahoosive baseless stab in the dark, but I would not be surprised if they will be totally replaced by ArxNet and Missions with stupid numbers that anyone can join. (+ associated bugs)

Excellent news! (y)
And if they come back anytime in the future, hopefully with more content connected to the game and not just that pointless fluff it was before which only wasted developer time.

While community goals might not have been top notch gameplay, it still was the only group content the game had. While I can understand that for a solo player CGs might be absolutely worthless, I'm a bit sad to see it go, as several of the best moments in the game were during some CGs cooperating with other players.

Hopefully the new era will bring improved versions (or something else entirely) to fill this gap, or even better ways for players to interact between themselves and the game world so they can create their own group activities, but at the moment this feels more like the game is being slowly dismantled a small bit at a time than "the entirety of the dev team even the guy who writes the CGs micro-story is focused exclusively on the new era".

Colour me not at all bothered:
Galnet was just confusing fluff
CG were just a weekly grind bonus
II were a long winded railroad that ended with exactly what FD wanted in beige, or a slightly different colour beige.
And all were COMPLETELY OPTIONAL. Considering that thousands of players enjoyed these things every week, bringing them back for us is not what I would consider a "waste of developer resources". By the logic of some, 3/4 of the ships in this game should be removed because _ I _ don't like them.

As you can see, these two statements support each other.
Hi friend, Chanté and myself don't work on Elite - sorry! The Elite CM team is working hard (and growing too, so there'll be more people who can help you further) and they read everything, so they'll reply when they can. I'm sure they'll be back with fun activities soon, so bear with them <3!

8 days ago, Paige said during the lunchtime livestream that two new Community Managers had already been recruited and would be introduced to us soon.

Hmm .... might be something different from Interstellar Initiatives and CGs :unsure:

While community goals might not have been top notch gameplay, it still was the only group content the game had. .

As far as trucking goes, never saw the point in those CG's, with the exception of building new starports. Personally it feels way more immersive working with Ida, doing long and short haul, actually seeing my home ports (and many other ports) come back online. And all that protect the traders nonsense, it was just a way for bored PvP'ers to start ganking freighters.

As you can see, these two statements support each other.

Hmm .... might be something different from Interstellar Initiatives and CGs :unsure:

Not sure about that. Imho the fun activities Bo mentioned are whatever they decide to do on the regular Monday/Thursday streams. Not necessarily something new.

Not sure about that. Imho the fun activities Bo mentioned are whatever they decide to do on the regular Monday/Thursday streams. Not necessarily something new.
Not wanting to pick over words from Bo, who isn't part of the Elite team, but "being back" implies something additional to the livestreams which are a regular thing.

It's easy to get into "worst case scenario mode." After all, some were suggesting Galnet and IIs had ended ... which of course is ridiculous appears to be true. 🤷‍♂️

As far as trucking goes, never saw the point in those CG's, with the exception of building new starports. Personally it feels way more immersive working with Ida, doing long and short haul, actually seeing my home ports (and many other ports) come back online. And all that protect the traders nonsense, it was just a way for bored PvP'ers to start ganking freighters.

I personally never cared for the PvP in CGs either (or any PvP whatsoever, most of the time it feels out of place and detrimental to the game's feel), but I do have great memories from CGs like Hutton Orbital, the construction of Obsidian Orbital, one which required to pickup toxic waste canisters and bring them to port whilemthe ship was melting, and a bunch of others. They were a nice way for starters to make some cash, and pretty much the only way to regularly see other people in the game.

I do agree that Operation Ida is a great initiative, not only the purpose is awesome and it fits great in the game world, it's kind of a mega-CG in itself, but it's a player group initiative organized out-of-game, if the organizers decide to sudddenly quit then it's gone, while CGs there was always something going on.

It's definitively not the end of the world, but the game will feel a little less "alive" without CGs (or something similar).

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
While community goals might not have been top notch gameplay, it still was the only group content the game had.

That's not entirely true, as we also have wing missions. And while the following is not "gameplay" in its own right, the game also allows for a Squadron to adopt a Minor Faction and work its BGS as a group.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom