Plea for Miners to move to Jaques Station start a new society

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Its really tempting to dive into this latest turn of events after recent disappointments. Putting in the monumental effort to get Jaques' faction to expand and see some planetary outposts pop up around his current location would be a fantastic tangent to this story - but can we trust FD to let it evolve and be truly player driven?

I'm sure there are a lot of cool things that frontier needs to get down. and a lot of things they need to sort out right now. They'll be prioritising those, I'm sure so we shouldn't expect too much.

BGS expansion ... i don't know if it's feasible, for now i'm much more focused on getting the darn thing operational. turning facilities on and off should be relatively easy to do.

I'm sure there are a lot of cool things that frontier needs to get down. and a lot of things they need to sort out right now. They'll be prioritising those, I'm sure so we shouldn't expect too much.

BGS expansion ... i don't know if it's feasible, for now i'm much more focused on getting the darn thing operational. turning facilities on and off should be relatively easy to do.

Fair points. Ok I'm in.

Will have to juggle supporting SEPP in the dangerous games and running missions out to Jaques... somehow!

Michael Brookes

Game Director
But there's a good opportunity here to let this pan out without FD invoking invisible barriers and keeping to their script. Players have been asking for distant colonies for ages.... here's a golden opportunity for one to spring up 'organically' purely by a player finding the missing starport, and the playerbase rallying together to make this into an epic event with a tangible reward at the end of it. What worries me is the effort this will take could be for nothing. A word of encouragement or discouragement from FD at this point will save them a tonne of flak if it turns out to be another wild goose chase at the end of it all.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Of course, #2 could be the script all along ;)

We would still need to intervene as bases are not automatically created, but we will be keeping an eye on what players do there - after all it was players who caused him to end up where he is!

Michael

We would still need to intervene as bases are not automatically created, but we will be keeping an eye on what players do there - after all it was players who caused him to end up where he is!

Michael
Aw, come on. We did try to get him enough hydrogen fuel. 7 million tonnes certainly made that station move!

Just as a point of interest for explorers, In an almost straight line between Shinrarta and Jaques and at a near perfect plot of 996 Ly is Mammon. A lovely B-type with a nebula.

It appears I will be stopping for a look around after just one set of jumps... oh well,this could take a while. :)

F093790BD46E82E8E44723C22F18355E048B41ED

Aw, come on. We did try to get him enough hydrogen fuel. 7 million tonnes certainly made that station move!

Well, there was that one time, when I was shipping hydrogen bottles to Jaques Station.

And I was caught short in the cargo hold after drinking too much from the Quinentian Still.

And I really had to go. But the turbolift to A deck was broken.

And surely there was MORE than enough hydrogen in those bottles to dilute anything... else... that might have ended up in there.

You don't think...

Michael

Is there a ratio you could share? How many tons of meta alloys fix how many tons of UA bombing?

Well, there was that one time, when I was shipping hydrogen bottles to Jaques Station.

And I was caught short in the cargo hold after drinking too much from the Quinentian Still.

And I really had to go. But the turbolift to A deck was broken.

And surely there was MORE than enough hydrogen in those bottles to dilute anything... else... that might have ended up in there.

You don't think...

I think that if you had made use of a hydrogen bottle in that way (and hydrogen was behaving as it normally does when in liquid form) you might have felt a little bit chilly down below!

Last edited:

Michael

Thank you! That is all I needed. Goes a long way to know that. I am definitly in now.

Ready to depart. The final inventory...

14 tonnes of Meta Alloys, 8 limpets, and 42 tonnes of coffee, tea, meat, medicines, domestic appliances, fish, water purifers, generators, and stuff like that.

6 decent weapons mounted, 6A shields, PDT, chaff, heat sinks, and a wake scanner (you just never know, lol).

2 mining lasers, refinery, collector limpet controller, interdictor, 2 scarabs, 2 AFMU.

...and 40 LY jump range! Special thanks to Felicity Farseer for your top work on this ship. :)

The Quantum of Sothis is go for launch, on a marvellous mission of mercy, mining and maintenance.

I think that if you had made use of a hydrogen bottle in that way (and hydrogen was behaving as it normally does when in liquid form) you might have felt a little bit chilly down below!

And all this time I thought the clouds of vapour were just because of the spicy wings I'd had that same evening!

Ready to depart. The final inventory...

14 tonnes of Meta Alloys, 8 limpets, and 42 tonnes of coffee, tea, meat, medicines, domestic appliances, fish, water purifers, generators, and stuff like that.

6 decent weapons mounted, 6A shields, PDT, chaff, heat sinks, and a wake scanner (you just never know, lol).

2 mining lasers, refinery, collector limpet controller, interdictor, 2 scarabs, 2 AFMU.

...and 40 LY jump range! Special thanks to Felicity Farseer for your top work on this ship. :)

The Quantum of Sothis is go for launch, on a marvellous mission of mercy, mining and maintenance.

And all this time I thought the clouds of vapour were just because of the spicy wings I'd had that same evening!
You forgot the Centauri Mega Gin, Bast Snake Gin, Indi Bourbon, Eranin Pearl Whisky and Lavian Brandy. Jaques is a barman, remember.

Ha, I just asked FleetComm admin to do the same. Oh well :)

Aw snap. we can, but... you know what fleetcomm and EDEX we need a merger. One day... maybe not today but we gotta talk about what we're doing and work together because fleetcomm and EDEX have been so instrumental in how exploration has boomed.

We gotta be better than the powerplayers. we can work together.

Last edited:
Aw snap. we can, but... you know what fleetcomm and EDEX we need a merger. One day... maybe not today but we gotta talk about what we're doing and work together because fleetcomm and EDEX have been so instrumental in how exploration has boomed.

We gotta be better than the powerplayers. we can work together.

You could call it Fed Ex....

No... wait....

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom