Please reconsider fleet carriers for solo players.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Considering that Fleet Carriers are meant for Squadrons in the currently planned implementation it's certainly more like an aircraft carrier than your personal car trailer.

In case you missed it, just a short recap of the discussion:

A: 'Fleet Carriers should be balanced around Solo players because they have fleets as well.'
B: 'They are more like car collections than fleets.'
A: 'But the term fleet is used for car collections as well.'
B: 'But that's probably not what Frontier meant when they called them Fleet Carriers.'

I went back and read the discussion, but thanks very much for the recap.

I agree that they're more like aircraft carriers than say a mobile garage, but I don't think they will be as combat-oriented as an aircraft carrier is. I see these things more like a C-130 or a bulk carrier.

I went back and read the discussion, but thanks very much for the recap.

I agree that they're more like aircraft carriers than say a mobile garage, but I don't think they will be as combat-oriented as an aircraft carrier is. I see these things more like a C-130 or a bulk carrier.
True, I guess they will probably have a few turrets similar to the current mega ships but not with the same firepower like a starport.

@babelfisch
What I meant was that we don't know whether these old concepts are still valid. That was more than a year ago, a lot of stuff can change in that time.

How many players normally get assigned to one instance? I vaguely recall someone mentioning around 30.

So for combat between two carrier-based squadrons, that's a maximum of 15 per Carrier.

Not that big.

dxm55

Banned
How intolerant and narrow-minded. It’s 2019. Don’t you realize that competition is outdated, and damaging to our little snowflakes. No one bothered to ask any of these children if they wanted to be conceived in the first place, and since they were created without their express written consent they are OWED everything.

Sheesh, get with the times.

[/satire]

You mean the little children who ended up playing ED and asking for stuff not intended for them?

dxm55

Banned
Sure.

But consider that the game has no story mode. The game play is player driven, emergent, so to give the players all and many tools to come up with their own trail to blaze (blaze your own trail, was the slogan once for this game) should be encouraged. The whole Elite game play is based on "Because I want to..." That's how open world and sandbox games are played.

Then want it within the mechanics or rules of the game. Or find an exploit.

If a carrier can't be owned by a lone wolf, get around it. Go find some friends and, God Forbid... form a squadron.
Or use your alts to form one just to fulfill the requirements.

Sandbox.

I don't think its based around PvP, much like most of the game.

Thank goodness.

I've said it, I don't know how many times, I don't have anything against PvP. I get that this is the only reason some people can get on with their lives. I'm just not one of them. It's fun for like 1 or 2 rounds, and then it's old and boring, and well, Elite, for a much time and effort has gone into it, really isn't much of a combat simulator. It's great for simulating a galaxy. Acceptable for simulating flying a ship around. Reasonable decent at simulating galactic trade, and that's really it. It's a Multi-Role Game - absolutely perfect at being perfectly alright at everything, and not spectacular at anything.

Yeah seems that way. Max Factor is just being max (and bless again for getting us to 50 pages), but the rest of the white knights have been unusually quiet.. maybe they might want a go too.
What makes me a white knight. Do you even know what that means?

As soon as you descend to name calling you already diminish your argument especially when it is blatantly not true.

There is plenty I am not happy about in the game.

Last edited:
In life, there are often prerequisites to getting something.

You need a license to drive a car. Then you need insurance in order to drive that car.
You need a degree in a related field to get a particular job.
A car club needs actual members to be considered one. LOL.

Even in ED. You need Fed/Imperial ranks to get at some ships.
Likewise a Squadron for a fleet carrier.

I'm not sure why all these lone wolves don't understand prerequisites.

I'm sure that these guys don't just get behind the wheel and onto the highway without a license do they?
Or maybe it's because they think that because this is a game, rules or prerequisites don't mean a thing.

If you have a license you could drive a motorhome and tow your compact behind it?

What makes me a white knight. Do you even know what that means?

As soon as you descend to name calling you already diminish your argument especially when it is blatantly not true.

There is plenty I am not happy about in the game.

Im not arguing anything, perhaps only in response to you naysaying. The point was to provide feedback to frontier.

Chivalrous individuals are people too, and of course welcome. They just have a mantle of a certain uniform color and a particular persuasion in discussion.

dxm55

Banned
If you have a license you could drive a motorhome and tow your compact behind it?

That is correct. However you would need that license first.
Just like you would need a squadron to own a fleet carrier.

It's kinda a little inconvenient detail. But it's there nonetheless.

Someones coming off as a little child all right.

Yeah. Someones ... with the s. So many of them here asking or stuff that were not meant for them.
Why?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom