Roadmap leaked??

Not saying you should. I am saying the franchise reveals will be interesting though. Because they're a decent acid test for the claims.

Ruling the 'leak' out completely prior to that seems a bit excessive ¯\(ツ)

Nope, I've seen the same attempt at least twice before even the sentence structure was the same. Grab a quick list of popular buzzwords work them into a lazy roadmap and then post it at gullible types just for giggles.

I called out the last two as fake and was right. They were both in the SC thread IIRC.

I'll drop you 100 mil in void opals if I'm wrong, no need for a counter offer.

Not saying you should. I am saying the franchise reveals will be interesting though. Because they're a decent acid test for the claims.

Ruling the 'leak' out completely prior to that seems a bit excessive ¯\(ツ)

Trust me, without atmo planets both space legs nor your own buildings have absolutely no purpose to fill (where else outside our ships we could use "space legs" but at atmo-planets, and we can already "adopt" npc faction with outposts, stations, cities, depots etc. or ask/make our own faction, without need to build anything), at worst just more bugs..

On the scope of what is easiest to develop, would it be alien ecosystems within atmosperic environments or modular subterranean bases? Walking about ships, hangars, base modules would be much, much easier - and have vastly greater opportunities for monetization. Customization of build spaces, doodads for bases and hangars. It is absolutely the lowest hanging most profitable fruit to go for.

On the scope of what is easiest to develop, would it be alien ecosystems within atmosperic environments or modular subterranean bases? Walking about ships, hangars, base modules would be much, much easier - and have vastly greater opportunities for monetization. Customization of build spaces, doodads for bases and hangars. It is absolutely the lowest hanging most profitable fruit to go for.

I would be happy to see both, but just still need to say that I have no understanding on programming, but actually developing based on this (P2P) engine multipple constantly changing modular bases might actually be much more complicated than design and code with PG (procedural generation, that will produce unlimited amount of alternatives after put in enough variables).

Actually some algorithms on code like simple planetary formations, trees/weed/plants/desert and even animals from smaller area and replicate it on different forms on different planets might require much less work than nursing what and where ever players deside to put their base in (and if choices are possible, in what form?).

Last edited:
Nope, I've seen the same attempt at least twice before even the sentence structure was the same. Grab a quick list of popular buzzwords work them into a lazy roadmap and then post it at gullible types just for giggles.

I called out the last two as fake and was right. They were both in the SC thread IIRC.

I'll drop you 100 mil in void opals if I'm wrong, no need for a counter offer.

Ok Watson ;)

(PS would be interested in seeing the debunked leaks if you can find them easy enough. Would be interesting to compare the styles. I only remember one in recent times, posted here in DD, but that one had a different cadence & was super transparent off the bat).

Trust me, without atmo planets both space legs nor your own buildings have absolutely no purpose to fill (where else outside our ships we could use "space legs" but at atmo-planets, and we can already "adopt" npc faction with outposts, stations, cities, depots etc. or ask/make our own faction, without need to build anything), at worst just more bugs..

Did a technical artist tell you this?!!?!!

Sounds legit ;)

Did a technical artist tell you this?!!?!!

Sounds legit ;)

Nope, but just logic, quoting my other post on player bases vs. atmo-planets_

I would be happy to see both, but just still need to say that I have no understanding on programming, but actually developing based on this (P2P) engine multipple constantly changing modular bases might actually be much more complicated than design and code with PG (procedural generation, that will produce unlimited amount of alternatives after put in enough variables).

Actually some algorithms on code like simple planetary formations, trees/weed/plants/desert and even animals from smaller area and replicate it on different forms on different planets might require much less work than nursing what and where ever players deside to put their base in (and if choices are possible, in what form?).

Ok Watson ;)

(PS would be interested in seeing the debunked leaks if you can find them easy enough. Would be interesting to compare the styles. I only remember one in recent times, posted here in DD, but that one had a different cadence & was super transparent off the bat).

I've been defeated by forum search unfortunately.

Im genuinely curious as to what people who want legs expect it to be.

Are they looking for a fps or just more of the same with legs.
I'm not bothered by first person, but I do think the real advantage is the scale of the game and the object within it are not obvious, this becomes much clearer in first person. Or VR. I think it's worth it potentially for that reason alone, but guns etc? Couldnt care less.

I bought NMS recently as it is having a VR update allegedly...
Base building, not using creator mode, is tedious grind, importing even more faffing around for materials into ED would surely 'raise the roof', even if for something new! As for the idea of turning Space Legs out to make a FPS, well - that would convince me to go somewhere else immediately :)

I think the 'leak' is likely complete moopoo and will wait to see what FD brings to the table next year, I'm more tempted to believe atmospheric planets, but won't be holding my breath.

The entire "leak" sounded like an anti-Frontier Troll to me. The word "Maintenance Mode" is exclusively used by Frontier Haters, so it was easy to pick it as a fake. FPS game-play & base building? Sheesh, maybe I should warn you all that the word gullible has been taken out of the dictionary.

The entire "leak" sounded like an anti-Frontier Troll to me. The word "Maintenance Mode" is exclusively used by Frontier Haters, so it was easy to pick it as a fake. FPS game-play & base building? Sheesh, maybe I should warn you all that the word gullible has been taken out of the dictionary.

Spot on. They also seem mad about dinosaurs and say they are scrapping JWE to make a sequel because the first is so broken, other favorites of the games angry ex-boyfriends.

Have you considered that it could be an intentional leak filled with true and false information?
Just to see the players reaction and make further choices for the future... They should've realized now that we prefer atmospheric planets to spacelegs 🤣

Top Bottom