SRV Updates and Guardian Tech

Something I have enjoyed since I first picked up the game about a year ago, is driving around in the SRV. Just navigating the surface of a planet-or I'm the process of looking for something specific.
Personally, I would like to see some customization to the SRV, these being small upgrades, nothing to break the Scarab down into several modules with each their own part to upgrade.

Rather, an overall upgrade, or specification that can be applied to the SRV. Such as, a Gyroscopic Weight. Something that will help players keep level on the wheels in light gravity, but will also counteract the thrust by adding weight. Or, even one that upgrades the carrying capacity of the Scarab from 2 slots, to 3 slots, but makes your Scarab prone to tipping with the extra tip weight.

A repair tool perhaps? Which would expand the reason for going to other surfaces of planets that may not be profitable, the ability to use an SRV to repair other peoples ships, or your own while on the ground, when landed would be an invaluable tool. (i.e. missions). The Repair tool can also be limited by repairing what you see

Something else I had thought about was Guardian In-Laid Circuitry. These upgrades can also come from parts or materials from Guardian Sites, and also employ a real opportunity to expand known history of the Guardians. The Circuitry can give small minor bonuses (as small as 1-3%), such as module support against Thargoid Caustic damage, power use reduction, or Heat reduction buildup.

The most important thing would be weapons or improve the helmet and shields, not cool when a Thargoid or Guardian comes up embedded against your car.

I find the trick to not losing control in light gravity at top speed is to hop with the boosters and only use the wheels when I am making course corrections. Even a little twitch will throw you into a spin otherwise.

I dislike that quite a bit, and I find the thruster to be a completely effective tool to pulling apart from objects in front of you. I do also find that somehow I'll end up underneath a piece of sheet metal, say...left over from Guardian skimmers. It does seem ridiculous that I can jump 200 meters in the air, but I can't flip myself the right side around because of one scrap of metal.

The most important thing would be weapons or improve the helmet and shields, not cool when a Thargoid or Guardian comes up embedded against your car.

I agree. The vehicle does get stuck way to easily on random scrap from the Guardian skimmers. I've never taken the time with Thargoids though.

Top Bottom