Star Citizen Discussion Thread v11

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
The question is, in the year 2525, if man is still alive, if woman has survived... will the 30k errors exist at launch?

Official poll is now, we except Yes, No, and Buy and Idris as acceptable answers.
A more disturbing and pertinent issue is that the likes of me as a concierge level backer have all of our ships covered by LTI insurance included in the larger game packages along with 20,000 UEC starting credits...as well as the standalone ships all with LTI too, usually CCU upgraded from base $45 LTI token ships. I can even upgrade the individual ships contained in the package with standalone upgrades which then adopt the LTI from the package (screenshot below) These game packages (and we're not talking Legatus level here but the lower level $500+ packages) aren't even visible or available to someone buying in with a base package, nor is LTI except in warbond, new money only standalone ship purchases which means you can't use store credit to buy it or upgrade to it from an already owned ship. Doesn't make any odds now...but assuming the game releases, I won't be paying a compulsory insurance premium to get any of my ships back after 3 or 6 months when the initial insurance premium runs out on the base starter packages.

My upgraded Entrepeneur package...

My Hangar - Roberts Space Industries _ Follow the development of Star Citizen and Squadron 42 ...png

And standard Entrepeneur package..

My Hangar - Roberts Space Industries _ Follow the development of Star Citizen and Squadron 42 ...png

Last edited:
lets assume for a moment the people who fear this huge P2W mess are correct............ the amount of bad press it is going to generate will hit CIG hard imo..... if when the game launches it is as good as most of us want it to be, then - much like ED and their early high level backers - those players will soon become minority numbers, and besides CIG already have milked them possibly dry.

No amount of bad press has bothered their core whales/payers as it stands.. not sure why it'd be a launch concern. Also, SC is at the end of the day a niche title. You really think the number of current pledged players will not outnumber non-space sim fans and fans who haven't already bought in at a low level?

No amount of bad press has bothered their core whales/payers as it stands.. not sure why it'd be a launch concern. Also, SC is at the end of the day a niche title. You really think the number of current pledged players will not outnumber non-space sim fans and fans who haven't already bought in at a low level?
what is it at at the moment..... 2.2 million accounts give or take (from memory) ?

IF SC is a good game i could easily see it topping 5 million sales, absolutely, esp if it comes out on console, and it would not surprise me if it does (on PS5 / Xbox Next) and may even support cross platform.

but you just kind of reinforced my point in a way...... already bought in at a low level........ many of those players (including those like myself) wont be wanting to get hammered by P2W either........ if the game is so horribly unbalanced for entry level gear the only choice is to buy expensive stuff, sure one or 2 will likely jump in, but the majority will walk away imo thus giving CIG nothing. SC is gonna have to cater to low level players be it day 1 steam players OR low level backers like myself.

My point is once the game is out Whales will no longer be CIGs primary concern, their money will likely be spent already.

but time will tell and i am repeating myself now :)

Could be the case, but the money already spent has already been spent on better stuff than you, I, and 5 million potential new players have. CIG have no plans to include a PVP flag, and there are currently no private servers nor solo mode. One should assume, always, that what's in the game is what the game will launch with until shown otherwise. Not told, shown.

Last edited:
... with only 100 systems (and dare i say looking like a lot less on current rate of development) ...

Here's a rule of thumb from my business days - ' the surest sign of future performance is previous performance'.

So, I wonder if anyone still genuinely believes that there will be 100 systems at any point. Given the rate of progress we will either be long dead by that point or well beyond caring.

"If you pursue the claim that is your decision but please be advised that you will lose. Your agreed to a settlement (as evidenced by this very email thread) which overrules all previous agreements. We fulfilled our part of the agreement while the charges of your bank are your problem.Only as an additional gesture of good faith we transfer another GBP 30. If you do not withdraw the law suit we will enforce the refund of the costs of our lawyers against you. Our patience is not endless"

No way in hell a real attorney wrote that 😂
Stay a little bit serious guys.

Agreed. No way would a real attorney write things like "our patience is not endless" or "Crytek should not be allowed to aim its car at CIG’s storefront window, stomp the accelerator, smash through, do doughnuts for years, then back out and drive away to maybe circle around and crash CIG again another day" in legal communications 😂

and everything else aside that is exactly the kind of post which gives me hope as it is kind of how i play...... a few bounty hunts here, a few trade runs there, a quick mission, maybe do an hrs mining....................

DB / Frontier in general were (rightly imo) accused of being rather naive at how players would act in a game where mechanically they could do what they want........ DB expected largely huge cooperation etc........ I think the same could be said of Star Citizen only unlike ED (I am assuming for now the private network guide is nonsence and we are all going to be in the same pot) there will be no where to get away from it.

lets assume for a moment the people who fear this huge P2W mess are correct............ the amount of bad press it is going to generate will hit CIG hard imo..... if when the game launches it is as good as most of us want it to be, then - much like ED and their early high level backers - those players will soon become minority numbers, and besides CIG already have milked them possibly dry.

if they want to get money from the new blood, they wont be able to have all new players moaning about being ganked by huge ships on day 1 with no chance to escape...... Perhaps my head is in the sand (or some other dark place) but ultimately I think CIG are going to have to cater to the "carebears" or "dirty casuals" (I dont mean the term badly) because in terms of numbers I think they will soon become the majority post release and they will be the ones CIG will be hoping to sell credits to - but i am not talking 1000s to buy megaships here, imo once the game hits steam or what ever they will be looking at player spending much less money per head, the whales are already in the game now.......

I may be talking crap, we shall see.... I certainly am biased.......

I'm not so sure. While space games do in general tend to attract a lot of relaxed players, there are quite a few PvPers out there who want a spaceship (or space leg) MMO. Should SC ever release, it will be flooded with those who want this sort of game and didn't get what they wanted from ED. I suspect they will fight tooth and nail on the forums to push CIG from ever implementing anything like the PvP/PvE slider or modes or safe spaces (outside station no fire zones).

They will sit there joking about how ED is rubbish for catering to the carebears and how SC shouldn't go down the same road and that SC should be "dangerous" (often what they mean is it should be dangerous for other people).

I fully support this as well. Firstly (again, assuming SC ever releases) it will remove a lot of toxicty from the ED forums and in game and secondly, it will be funny as hell to read the SC forums with people calling for CIG to implement the promised PvP slider and other mechanics that will enable them to fly their thousand dollar chariots without harassment.

what is it at at the moment..... 2.2 million accounts give or take (from memory) ?

IF SC is a good game i could easily see it topping 5 million sales, absolutely, esp if it comes out on console, and it would not surprise me if it does (on PS5 / Xbox Next) and may even support cross platform.

but you just kind of reinforced my point in a way...... already bought in at a low level........ many of those players (including those like myself) wont be wanting to get hammered by P2W either........ if the game is so horribly unbalanced for entry level gear the only choice is to buy expensive stuff, sure one or 2 will likely jump in, but the majority will walk away imo thus giving CIG nothing. SC is gonna have to cater to low level players be it day 1 steam players OR low level backers like myself.

My point is once the game is out Whales will no longer be CIGs primary concern, their money will likely be spent already.

but time will tell and i am repeating myself now :)

2.2 million accounts != 2.2 million players. I'm one of those accounts after trying out a free fly. Never gave CIG a penny. Plus there will be more than a few alt accounts.

Agreed. No way would a real attorney write things like "our patience is not endless" or "Crytek should not be allowed to aim its car at CIG’s storefront window, stomp the accelerator, smash through, do doughnuts for years, then back out and drive away to maybe circle around and crash CIG again another day" in legal communications 😂
You're confusing legal communication with a plea here.

No way in hell a real attorney wrote that 😂
Stay a little bit serious guys.

Indeed, but one would expect a real legal person to be reviewing any sorts of communications involving refunds.

This leads us to two possible conclusions. a) the poster is lying, which is i presume the opinion held by some backers or b) CIG don't vet their communications regarding refunds, which would imply a level of incompetence on their part.

Yeah, considering CIG's history and Sandi's famous emails with Beer, and while maintaining some level of skepticism over the poster's post, i'll suspect it is B.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom