Star Citizen Discussion Thread v11

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
1585950299524.png

Source: https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/1245453181812977669

Any truth in it? Or just an April Fool's joke from Mr S?

It’s probably like all Derek’s ‘Breaking News’. Unverifiable, probably unverified, and unlikely ever to be spoken of again ;)

It’s fun to note that the Crytek settlement and the share option could fit that narrative though, if you wanted them to:

Of course, it fits a ‘Oo, the Crytek case is going away, time to buy in!’ narrative as well. So pick your poison ;)

LOL

Can’t imbed due to swears, but word from the evocati is...

Yeah, it crashed pretty ing hard in testing. Server just couldn't take players, their ships and an ai crewed idris in the same place.

Double F...

LOL

Because fleshing out secondary stuff obviously takes priority. Lots of pixels need recoloring hehehe.

Is the Shell-of-an-Idris Battle still a Once-Per-Account event?

How do they expect repeatibility testing?

Look at the armchair developer knowing better then CIG how to get stuff done /scoff

- I m sure they have a strategy and an answer. You simply are not "worthy" to receive one.

(once they arrive at the point you describe)

- Nobody could ve known, CIG tried their best but they are in uncharted waters, doing gamebreaking stuff nobody else did ever before.

It’s probably like all Derek’s ‘Breaking News’. Unverifiable, probably unverified, and unlikely ever to be spoken of again ;)

It’s fun to note that the Crytek settlement and the share option could fit that narrative though, if you wanted them to:

Of course, it fits a ‘Oo, the Crytek case is going away, time to buy in!’ narrative as well. So pick your poison ;)
I thought it was interesting that both sides paid their own legal costs.
Smells very much like to avoid public win/lose analysis in event of payout...

I thought it was interesting that both sides paid their own legal costs.
Smells very much like to avoid public win/lose analysis in event of payout...
Of course in CIG's case "paying their own legal costs" means "giving another fat chunk of backer money to CIG co-founder Ortwin Freyermuth."

As for "avoiding public win/lose analysis", I'm not saying I'm a modern day Nostradamus, but:

Some of my predictions:
  • CIG somehow shrugs off the court case, probably through some private settlement that will be hailed by both sides as a win.

nostradamus.jpg

They didnt need any lawsuit for that, they are doing it fine by themselves.

Also unless DS can exhibit somehow leaked settlement documents he's just pulled that claim out of where the sun doesnt shine.

As for the cancelled Idris battle in 3.9 patch all i can say is
300px-Surprised_Pikachu_HD.jpg
Yeah, haven't played for weeks. Mainly due to the bugs in 3.8.2 plus no signs of 3.9 PTU appearing anytime soon... but also due to watching the Mandalorian on Disney+...as well as Toy Story 3 and 4 ...and some of the Marvel stuff I don't already own.

My wife even watched the CGi remake of The Lion King...surprising as that was to me... since we already knew the script of the damned thing off by heart from watching the first one several thousand times when our kids were young. Hakuna Matata and all that :D

Per LegacyKilla at 6:50, Covid-19 has now gifted CRobbers the perfect excuse to slip SQ42 & PU to fall quarter of next year :LOL:

Which isn't a bad thing from a MVP perspective come to think of it....

Per LegacyKilla at 6:50, Covid-19 has now gifted CRobbers the perfect excuse to slip SQ42 & PU to fall quarter of next year :LOL:

I would be amazed if CIG's begging donation business model survives the financial crisis created by covid-19. It was already wobbling before. Of course the funding chart goes on unperturbed. :sneaky:

Last edited:

Why? They have excused slipping for 6 years without any sort of pandemic and backers celebrated by giving them more money.

Why? They have excused slipping for 6 years without any sort of pandemic and backers celebrated by giving them more money.

... and when you consider that CIG drops a new quarter pre-alpha "patch" that supposed to have cost $10M, I ask myself: what are doing the other 499 dev? The glacial progression of the last years may not be impacted by the pandemic.

Actually the pandemic could have good effects on CIG: wfh means no Chris over your shoulder, no Hobo Lando and his cams interrupting your work for his show, no crunch times for one-use works for a citcon.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
I would be amazed if CIG's begging donation business model survives the financial crisis created by covid-19. It was already wobbling before. Of course the funding chart goes on unperturbed. :sneaky:

Not only unperturbed so far but in the opposite direction to the rest of the world´s economic meltdown.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom