Stored Modules Sorting and Bookmarks

Can we please have a way to sort stored modules by size instead of price?
price, for me at least, is irrelevant when swapping loadouts.
Option to sort by Price, Size, or Type.

Also, why is there a limit on bookmarks in the galaxy map?

And sort by location/distance too!

At the moment, all the modules at your current location are at the top of the list, and any modules in transit are at the bottom, but in between is a complete mess. After the modules at my current station, I want to see ALL the modules at the nearest station, then ALL the modules at the next-nearest, and so on. Presently, the modules at a particular location are often together, but not always, so you have to search the whole list for the stragglers if you want to relocate a group of modules.

And then sort by size, as the OP has suggested. When picking modules to slot into my ship, size makes a lot more sense than price. Price could be the third sorting factor, after location and size.

And give us folders for bookmarks, I'd like to have an "Engineers" folder. At present, I edit each Engineer to put "Eng" at the front, so at least they appear together in alphabetical order. I suppose I could change that to "ZEng" to send them all to the bottom.

Plus, 120 limit is terrible.
I have so many engineered modules, I can't keep things like cargo racks because then I can't offload to change loadouts.
coming by the mats to engineer anything takes so much time, I don't want to sell any of them. A bump to 200 would be a welcome change.

Last edited:
A bump to 200 would be a welcome change.

I think the game (stations) should charge you storage if you want all that many myself. 120 is already one heck of a collection.

I wouldn't be against other ways to sort them but as modules are already arranged by class, once I realised that, I don't find it a bad system for finding things that suit whatever ship I'm in.

It's also worth considering - imo- a little module storage mini-game with yourself. Try travelling light and, obviously keeping your favourite modules, some might be so nearly the same it's not really worth having both.

There might be an argument for a bit more space - now some modules can be hot and others not - but the only thing better than having a ship that's max-Q for each situation you tightly control encountering every day is imo having the game take you by surprise and do the best you can with what you've got equipped at the time.

There's adventure in that - I think - and while module collecting can be a thing too it's probably not a focus of the game, so I say ditch all modules you can buy anywhere and try to enjoy the constraint rather than endure it?

Go to Outfitting/Stored Modules.
They are currently arranged by Price not class.

Well, I guess that's a coincidence they fall more or less that way, presumably as Class 6 is more expensive than Class 2 as a general rule anyway. Arrangement by type does make sense but at least for now, knowing how they arrange, helps to zero in on them. If you're optimising loads of ship classes for loads of roles, I get it but definitely don't increase storage space until a sorting mechanism exists and I think there still is an argument for keeping a limit. The trouble is, you up from 120 to 200 and someone will always want 220?

Yes and.... many bookmarks, could use folders too. And a collection of assignable icons/shapes/colors rather than all the same blue flag.

120 modules in storage is enough to sort through, buy extra ships to store the best modules you have in storage and then just have the ship delivered to where you are.

I have 13 ships.
and they all have their purpose.
Your comment=
if you have 2 buckets and both of them are full... Pour 1 bucket into the other one and then pour some back into the other one and it's all good.
These forums are dumb.
There should be a way to submit suggestions directly to FDev without commentary from people who enjoy limits or, like the guy up there who makes comments and has no idea what he's talking about.
modules used to be sorted by size and now it's by Price.
now this guy says buy more ships...
If storage is full, you can not remove things from your ship, no matter where you are.
If you trolls don't like someone's suggestion, keep it to yourself. This is why suggestions are never taken seriously. Instead you get a bunch of half wits telling you that you should just do something else that isn't even relevant.

Youtube search "Obtaining I.Q. and aptitude tests (Idiocracy, short scene)", that's these forums.
If you have one bucket that holds 2 gallons, and another bucket that holds 5 gallons, how many buckets do you have?

Top Bottom