Thargoid Attacks: Where, When and What you can do about it

I don't have "proof" as in an email or a definitive post but rather just circumstantial evidence over say the last 3 months or so. Fdev has been asked to provide this info many times in many threads over the last 3 months and not only have the not provided any information, they actually have further limited the information we get. The only logical conclusions are A) they are intentionally withholding critical information from the players to force a narrative that has multiple stations burning or B) they are completely incompetent and there isn't anyone over there with an IQ over room temperature. Take your pick. It wouldn't even take 10 minutes to post everything the players need to know, so given that, the possible reasons for the info blackout are pretty limited.

Lol, IQ over room temperature, but no it isn't that, we wouldn't have the game at all if that was the case.

Their is a 3rd possibility you didn't think of, they are too busy with something else, either ED related or not, I'm not saying that's ok btw!
A few days ago I looked at the bug forum 1st page & noticed just 2 had been replied to by staff (might not be the case right now though), thinking back to the last beta test, nearly every thread had a staff reply. Just coincidence of when I looked? Or something else?....

I suppose that's true as well. I guess that falls into the "they don't give crap" category which might actually be the worst of the 3. As we know from the heat bug, someone from Fdev saying they are looking into it means nothing.

AX CZs don't complete?

On completing an AX CZ: I am observing that whenever I complete an AX CZ solo (=in Open, but alone), the bar fills up but then stays at 100% without ticking over.

In a Wing, it took ages for the bar to tick over and complete the zone (resulting in Hydra spawn and 2 mil bounty vouchers), but at least it did.

Did I miss something or is it a bug?

EDIT For clarity, scouts continue to spawn happily even after the bar is full.

Last edited:
On completing an AX CZ: I am observing that whenever I complete an AX CZ solo (=in Open, but alone), the bar fills up but then stays at 100% without ticking over.

In a Wing, it took ages for the bar to tick over and complete the zone (resulting in Hydra spawn and 2 mil bounty vouchers), but at least it did.

Did I miss something or is it a bug?

You might have missed few Scouts or might be a bug. Though CZ’s are more stable lately.

I suppose that's true as well. I guess that falls into the "they don't give crap" category which might actually be the worst of the 3. As we know from the heat bug, someone from Fdev saying they are looking into it means nothing.

Well, I'd prefer to think that they are working on ED related stuff, in which case they give some crap ;).

Targets this week :

Incursions (AX CZ)

(just check galnet 2nd post ;) )

Infestations (NHSS)

hip 12779, hip 8830, turbacobo, agartha have NHSS

61 virginis & ross 490 have no NHSS

Eagle Eye:

ee1 hip 12779
ee2 hip 8830
ee3 turbacobo (same as last week)
ee4 agartha
ee5 61 virginis (same as last week - but has already been attacked!)
ee6 ross 490 (same as last week)

Warning: Try and not be in the Infested / Incursion systems on Thargsday for the server restart - CMDRs have reported CtD issues otherwise.

Notes:
  • Incursions are listed in the 2nd Galnet article and dynamically update through the week (they start at 'massive thargoid presence' and are beaten when we reach 'no thargoid presence'.
  • Thargoids first Infest a system (this has now been hidden), if the Infection is not fought then they begin an Incursion, and we lose stations until the incursion is repelled.
  • Incursed systems can be seen in the Galmap left panel. Sometimes the system also switches allegiance to the Thargoids (not always). It's worth checking a system is still Incursed before travel (in the 2nd Galnet post), as they change through the week. Sometimes the Galmap does not show the correct states, but systems targeted by Eagle Eye should still be targets. Unless that is broken ...
  • There is a galmap filter to help find Incursion systems
  • Incursion systems : fight in the AX CZ until they are no longer listed in Galnet :)
  • Thargoids can only attack space stations with 'L' landing pads, if a system has none of these then ot is a lower priority.
  • Infested Systems : are saved by kills in the target systems- each kill counts the same, so a Scout is as useful as an Interceptor. Bonds do not matter. They only update state once a day, just after the BGS tick.
  • You can also find NHSS all over the Pleiades - within about 166 Ly of Merope, but it won't help save any systems.
  • And you can get (bugged) missions from the Aegis megaships to kill Thargoids, but they also don't count to save systems unless the destination system for the mission is also a target this week.
  • Infested Targets are found by decoding the aegis Eagle Eye system https://canonn.science/codex/eagle-eye-installations/
  • Decoding Eagle Eye is now simpler - use this decoder and type in the phonetic letters called out by the eagle eye unregistered comms beacons - this gives the target system

Last edited:
Well, I'd prefer to think that they are working on ED related stuff, in which case they give some crap ;).

no doubt some of them are, but you aren't suppose to have the same people who are in change of bug fixing also creating content. They can't do both. If frontier doesn't know this, they are in the wrong business and every investor should be running for the door.

Looks like even the most dedicated CMDRs are getting burned out by now.

Maybe FD should sticky an official thread: "Thargoid Attacks: What? Who? And why you should care about it."

Last edited:
This Thargoid war, feels more like any other content in the game, there's no story to it, it doesnt feel like something we can beat so the story moves in one direction, or we fail and the story moves in another direction. It's just like Galnet stories, fluff!
We dont even know if Infestations are either bugged or intended to be the way they are. In fact we dont have a clue if some of this stuff is either bugged or intended. So personally i decided to take a leave from this and try other stuff in the game. Unless the Pleiades get attacked again. Then I will help those folks at IDA. They deserve for all their hard work.

Looks like fdev fixed the broken Eagle Eye messages:

Targets this week :

Incursions (AX CZ)

Infestations (NHSS)

hip 12779, hip 8830, LP 734-32, agartha, Coriccha, Priviatem - all have NHSS

Eagle Eye:

ee1 hip 12779
ee2 hip 8830
ee3 priviatem
ee4 agartha
ee5 LP 734-32
ee6 Coriccha

Warning: Try and not be in the Infested / Incursion systems on Thargsday for the server restart - CMDRs have reported CtD issues otherwise.

Notes:
  • Incursions are listed in the 2nd Galnet article and dynamically update through the week (they start at 'massive thargoid presence' and are beaten when we reach 'no thargoid presence'.
  • Thargoids first Infest a system (this has now been hidden), if the Infection is not fought then they begin an Incursion, and we lose stations until the incursion is repelled.
  • Incursed systems can be seen in the Galmap left panel. Sometimes the system also switches allegiance to the Thargoids (not always). It's worth checking a system is still Incursed before travel (in the 2nd Galnet post), as they change through the week. Sometimes the Galmap does not show the correct states, but systems targeted by Eagle Eye should still be targets. Unless that is broken ...
  • Incursion systems : fight in the AX CZ until they are no longer listed in Galnet :)
  • Thargoids can only attack space stations with 'L' landing pads, if a system has none of these then ot is a lower priority.
  • Infested Systems : are saved by kills in the target systems- each kill counts the same, so a Scout is as useful as an Interceptor. Bonds do not matter. They only update state once a day, just after the BGS tick.
  • You can also find NHSS all over the Pleiades - within about 166 Ly of Merope, but it won't help save any systems.
  • And you can get (bugged) missions from the Aegis megaships to kill Thargoids, but they also don't count to save systems unless the destination system for the mission is also a target this week.
  • Infested Targets are found by decoding the aegis Eagle Eye system https://canonn.science/codex/eagle-eye-installations/
  • Decoding Eagle Eye is now simpler - use this decoder and type in the phonetic letters called out by the eagle eye unregistered comms beacons - this gives the target system

Last edited:
Targets this week :

Incursions (AX CZ)

Infestations (NHSS)

Devane, Mike, Ngun, Witou, Aulin, Wyrd

Please avoid taking on NHSS in Witou, Operation Indi-Croft is attempting to save this system by selling Guardian Relics to Sugano Ring (https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/saving-the-galaxy-experiment-with-relics.480947/#post7477659) - join in the effort!

Eagle Eye:

ee1 Witou
ee2 Devane
ee3 Mike
ee4 Ngun
ee5 Aulin
ee6 Wyrd

Notes:

Last edited:
Top Bottom