Thargoid Attacks: Where, When and What you can do about it

Badbadzist according to AXI and its already down to marginal presence.

Yes, 2 wings from my squadron and at leat 6 more commanders from several squadron have been all the evening in that system, we habe been involved in the destruction of 2 hydras today, just after Ou Geminorum was cleaned

That way, the reset Zone only generates scouts, until you run out of ammo, fighters or hull points. A good way to rack up scout kills and train your NPC pilot.

Apparently, that bug was fixed? I get more and more instances, where Interceptors jump in on the second or further drop-ins. Well, one can always use the drop-in reset until the Interceptors are two Cyclops versions.

Yes, 2 wings from my squadron and at leat 6 more commanders from several squadron have been all the evening in that system, we habe been involved in the destruction of 2 hydras today

Count me in, already killed 4 Cyclops and quite a bit of scouts.

But I really hate the NPC pilot bug, where he refuses to take orders. Effectively, I only have one working hangar slot of two and think about dropping the hangar until the bug is fixed.

But I really hate the NPC pilot bug, where he refuses to take orders. Effectively, I only have one working hangar slot of two and think about dropping the hangar until the bug is fixed.

I have not used npc pilots since at least 6 months ago because of that, currently for xenohunt I am a shieldless challenger withe good results

Swap to your fighter, and you'll find the guns deactivated. Reactivate them and swap back and everything will be fine. I've had that bug a lot, but strangely enough it didn't happen at all last night.

Swap to your fighter, and you'll find the guns deactivated. Reactivate them and swap back and everything will be fine. I've had that bug a lot, but strangely enough it didn't happen at all last night.

Well refitting the fighter bay resolved the issue for me. I will probably try your fix next time.

Did my duty today in HIP 9141, as Badbadzist is clear now.

Good morning, I asked for help from the German speaking communitiy to fight against Thargs in HIP 16348. This system is infested. I could motivate some Cmdr to join this fight. It is known that we don't know if our fight in an infested system was successful. Beside this, are there any other clues that show the retreat of Thargs in an infested system empirically? Fading of higher NHSS? Increasing aggressiveness of the remaining scouts? Fading of number of NHSS? Anything?

It is known that we don't know if our fight in an infested system was successful. Beside this, are there any other clues that show the retreat of Thargs in an infested system empirically? Fading of higher NHSS? Increasing aggressiveness of the remaining scouts? Fading of number of NHSS? Anything?

Basically, you cannot measure the progress, but achieving the target: Once an infestation is cleansed, all NHSS stop to appear. As long, as there are NHSS, the infestation has not been cleansed.
Also, AXI waits for multiple pilots to reports no NHSS in a system, as they sometimes do not appear for single CMDRs to due other reasons.

Edit: One issue, if the system is too close to the Pleiades, it will generate NHSS independent of the infestation state and there is no way to confirm it as cleansed.

Last edited:
Apparently, we managed to safe Liu Xingga from an infestation, as several reports exist from no more NHSS spawns. None of the three large stations have to burn.

Last edited:
Targets this week :

Incursions (AX CZ)

(just check galnet 2nd post ;) )

Infestations (NHSS)

hip 16607, hr 826, opet, exigus, telin - NHSS confirmed

No NHSS in hip 17272

Eagle Eye:
ee1: hip 17272
ee2: hip 16607
ee3: hr 826
ee4: opet
ee5: exigus
ee6: telin

Warning: Try and not be in the Infested / Incursion systems on Thargsday for the server restart - CMDRs have reported CtD issues otherwise.

Notes:
  • Incursions are listed in the 2nd Galnet article and dynamically update through the week (they start at 'massive thargoid presence' and are beaten when we reach 'no thargoid presence'.
  • Thargoids first Infest a system (this has now been hidden), if the Infection is not fought then they begin an Incursion, and we lose stations until the incursion is repelled.
  • Incursed systems can be seen in the Galmap left panel. Sometimes the system also switches allegiance to the Thargoids (not always). It's worth checking a system is still Incursed before travel (in the 2nd Galnet post), as they change through the week. Sometimes the Galmap does not show the correct states, but systems targeted by Eagle Eye should still be targets. Unless that is broken ...
  • There is a galmap filter to help find Incursion systems
  • Incursion systems : fight in the AX CZ until they are no longer listed in Galnet :)
  • Thargoids can only attack space stations with 'L' landing pads, if a system has none of these then ot is a lower priority.
  • Infested Systems : are saved by kills in the target systems- each kill counts the same, so a Scout is as useful as an Interceptor. Bonds do not matter. They only update state once a day, just after the BGS tick.
  • You can also find NHSS all over the Pleiades - within about 156 Ly of Merope, but it won't help save any systems.
  • And you can get (bugged) missions from the Aegis megaships to kill Thargoids, but they also don't count to save systems unless the destination system for the mission is also a target this week.
  • Infested Targets are found by decoding the aegis Eagle Eye system https://canonn.science/codex/eagle-eye-installations/
  • Decoding Eagle Eye is now simpler - use this decoder and type in the phonetic letters called out by the eagle eye unregistered comms beacons - this gives the target system

Guys, maybe I am mistaken... but I think for the first time in about 10 months we are cleaning systems faster than they are infested or incursed.

Am I wrong?

Regards and good hunt

XBOX CMDR would like to coordinate with other CMDRs in xeno defense of systems of higher priority.

Now working AX CZ in Domoth. Each session a cyclops and several scouts are destroyed.

If there was a posted priority list, I could work from that.

Also can wing up with other XBOX CMDRs for xeno defense. Add CMDR AstroExplorer67 to your XBOX friends list so I know where you are when online.

Top Bottom