Thargoid Attacks: Where, When and What you can do about it

Just spent about 1.5 Hours in hip 16607 , only one NHSS showed up right after I started, Threat 4...State is showing as "Boom" now.
Not sure if this means we are "successful" or if the game has issues.

Last edited:
Just spent about 1.5 Hours in hip 16607 , only one NHSS showed up right after I started, Threat 4...State is showing as "Boom" now.

I was in that system at 15:00 UTC and I had - like you - exactly one NHSS. But I don't think we're successful yet, I've had it more than once that after about an hour a full set of NHSS had respawned.

AXI and friends are really churning through incursion systems last and this week. Already 5 systems cleared since Thursday. It might be, that the powers that be (FDev) lowered the kill count requirements. Or, many explorers came home after Distant Worlds 2 and picked up the fight again...

AXI and friends are really churning through incursion systems last and this week. Already 5 systems cleared since Thursday. It might be, that the powers that be (FDev) lowered the kill count requirements. Or, many explorers came home after Distant Worlds 2 and picked up the fight again...
Neither, with some of the major bugs got fixed, we're just encouraged to wing up and hunt :p

6 more systems cleansed by condensed fire. Only three incursions remain. We might finally do it this week.

On the other hand, the infestations are very harder to clear than necessary. NHSS appearing rarely or sometimes not at all. Not very engaging gameplay supercruising from NHSS to NHSS.
It would be better and much more fun to have a low level AXCZ in every infested system, spawning only scouts and maybe a Cyclops.

Last edited:
My first AX CZ "'completion'' today. Usually get my butt kicked by thargon or caustic or Interceptors (or heat...thanks 4xGauss...). I changed to a 3xGauss and 1xAX turret for some cruise mode Scout hunting but managed to take out a few Cyclops. Before I knew it, the AX CZ bar was all the way filled up and a Hydra showed up. Never having seen one before, i wander over to take a look. And BAM, dead. Thargon swarm just sneezed through the shield and hull (which was low, and i didn't realise).
Ate the rebuy (running a Krait MKII so wasn't too bad) but then things got worse. My crew member died :'(

Last edited:
My first AX CZ "'completion'' today. Usually get my butt kicked thargon or caustic or Interceptors (or heat...thanks 4xGauss...). I changed to a 3xGauss and 1xAX turret for some cruise mode Scout hunting but managed to take out a few Cyclops. Before I knew it, the AX CZ bar was all the way to the filled up and a Hydra showed up. Never having seen one before, i wander over to take a look. And BAM, dead. Thargon swarm just sneezed through the shield and hull (which was low, and i didn't realise).
Ate the rebuy (running a Krait MKII so wasn't too bad) but then things got worse. My crew member died :'(
Commiserations Cmdr :(
Perhaps you can name your next ship after them?

Got 25M Cr for less than 5 minutes work last night in Matchaunpronounceable. Jumped in to find AXI fighting a Hydra that they already had down to 50% so lent a hand. How the hell they hit the hearts I do not know but very impressive to watch. I just tried to help out without running into anyone!

Targets this week

Incursions (AX CZ) : Just check galnet 2nd post ;)

Infestations (NHSS):
Ngobe, Nu Kuang, Judumlia, Er Longs, LDS 883, Obamumbo NHSS confirmed

Eagle Eye
ee1: Ngobe
ee2: Nu Kuang
ee3: Judumlia
ee4: Er Longs
ee5: LDS 883
ee6: Obamumbo

this week found by CMDR Robbie

Warning: Try and not be in the Infested / Incursion systems on Thargsday for the server restart - CMDRs have reported CtD issues otherwise.

Notes:
  • Incursions are listed in the 2nd Galnet article (in-game only) and dynamically update through the week (they start at 'massive thargoid presence' and are beaten when we reach 'no thargoid presence'.)
  • Thargoids first Infest a system (this has now been hidden), if the Infection is not fought then they begin an Incursion, and we lose stations until the incursion is repelled.
  • Incursed systems can be seen in the Galmap left panel. Sometimes the system also switches allegiance to the Thargoids (not always). It's worth checking a system is still Incursed before travel (in the 2nd Galnet post), as they change through the week. Sometimes the Galmap does not show the correct states, but systems targeted by Eagle Eye should still be targets. Unless that is broken ...
  • There is a galmap filter to help find Incursion systems
  • Incursion systems : fight in the AX CZ until they are listed in Galnet as 'No Thargoid Presence' :)
  • Thargoids can only attack space stations with 'L' landing pads, if a system has none of these then it is a lower priority.
  • Infested Systems : are saved by kills in the target systems- each kill counts the same, so a Scout is as useful as an Interceptor. Bonds do not matter. They only update state once a day, just after the BGS tick.
  • You can also find NHSS all over the Pleiades - within about 138 Ly of Merope, but it won't help save any systems.
  • And you can get (bugged) missions from the Aegis megaships to kill Thargoids, but they also don't count to save systems unless the destination system for the mission is also a target this week.
  • Infested Targets are found by decoding the aegis Eagle Eye system https://canonn.science/codex/eagle-eye-installations/
  • Decoding Eagle Eye is now simpler - use this decoder and type in the phonetic letters called out by the eagle eye unregistered comms beacons - this gives the target system

Last edited:
Have the Thargoid Massacre Missions been removed from the game or are they still available somewhere? (I vaguely remember finding some on the medical / evacuation frigates).

I was about to ask if the crossed out part was because the missions aren't bugged anymore or just not around anymore. I suspect the latter.

I was about to ask if the crossed out part was because the missions aren't bugged anymore or just not around anymore. I suspect the latter.

The Massacre the scouts missions used to work OK (And were an excellent way to recoop losses made during defending an infested system). However, the kill an inteceptor missions always seemed to be bugged. Personally, I'd drop in the Mission Signal Source and never see an Inteceptor (And they should have been marked as a wing mission).

The Massacre the scouts missions used to work OK (And were an excellent way to recoop losses made during defending an infested system). However, the kill an inteceptor missions always seemed to be bugged. Personally, I'd drop in the Mission Signal Source and never see an Inteceptor (And they should have been marked as a wing mission).
I've had the same experiences.
Kind of eager to get back at it, but I'm still returning from Distant Worlds. You all did leave some bubble to fight over right?

Top Bottom