Thargoid Attacks: Where, When and What you can do about it

Has there been any updates on Cannons attempt at finding other ways of interacting with the thargoids? Other than shooting at them, I mean. @BDelacroix : yes the bubble is mostly intact(if you ignore the thargoid infested systems, and the burning/repairing stations). However, I am heading to the Veil Nebula atm, so you might want to ask AX pilot commander how to help.

Has there been any updates on Cannons attempt at finding other ways of interacting with the thargoids? Other than shooting at them, I mean. @BDelacroix : yes the bubble is mostly intact(if you ignore the thargoid infested systems, and the burning/repairing stations). However, I am heading to the Veil Nebula atm, so you might want to ask AX pilot commander how to help.
This thread might be more relevant: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/thargoid-interactions.380566/
However, there's nothing new beyond what's already known:
  • They seem to "like[1]" you for carrying meta-alloys and will scoop them up[2], and won't attack you for carrying them
  • They seem "unhappy[1]" for carrying Thargoid items (Probe/sensor/link/tissue samples/hearts/resin/tech comp/bio matter) and will scoop them up[2], and will attack you if you don't drop them.
  • They seem "angry[1]" for carrying Guardian items and flash red (any Guardian tech), will destroy any jettisoned items, and will attack you if you don't drop them.
  • They seem "uninterested[1]" in any other cargo, but will scoop up any humanoid cargo (escape pods, slaves, political prisoners, master chefs etc).

[1] Determined by the sound they make on discovery of said items in your cargo
[2] For items marked with this (Meta Alloys/Thargoid items) they will jump in another interceptor if you drop six or more items.

Soooo, with the Thargs taking a fair old pasting recently, whats the odds they change tactics and “do a Gnosis” on the guardian taxi(s)?
I know a hell of a lot of explorers were pretty gutted with the whole Gnosis episode, but i had a great time!
Saw my first Hydra, took some selfies etc etc. I guess an AX Krait Mk2 was much better than say, a shieldless DBX in that particular case.

Fingers/talons crossed.

o7

Targets this week

Incursions (AX CZ) : Just check galnet 2nd post ;)

Infestations (NHSS):
As per Eagle Eye (below)
this week found by CMDR Robbie

Eagle Eye
EE1: HIP 13173 (No NHSS)
EE2: Gciriko (Low NHSS)
EE3: Uodigaenta (Low NHSS)
EE4: Pemepatung (Low NHSS)
EE5: HR 1257 (Low NHSS)
EE6: Kagutsuchi (Low NHSS)

Warning: Try and not be in the Infested / Incursion systems on Thargsday for the server restart - CMDRs have reported CtD issues otherwise.

Notes:
  • Incursions are listed in the 2nd Galnet article (in-game only) and dynamically update through the week (they start at 'massive thargoid presence' and are beaten when we reach 'no thargoid presence'.)
  • Thargoids first Infest a system (this has now been hidden), if the Infection is not fought then they begin an Incursion, and we lose stations until the incursion is repelled.
  • Incursed systems can be seen in the Galmap left panel. Sometimes the system also switches allegiance to the Thargoids (not always). It's worth checking a system is still Incursed before travel (in the 2nd Galnet post), as they change through the week. Sometimes the Galmap does not show the correct states, but systems targeted by Eagle Eye should still be targets. Unless that is broken ...
  • There is a galmap filter to help find Incursion systems
  • Incursion systems : fight in the AX CZ until they are listed in Galnet as 'No Thargoid Presence' :)
  • Thargoids can only attack space stations with 'L' landing pads, if a system has none of these then it is a lower priority.
  • Infested Systems : are saved by kills in the target systems- each kill counts the same, so a Scout is as useful as an Interceptor. Bonds do not matter. They only update state once a day, just after the BGS tick.
  • You can also find NHSS all over the Pleiades - within about 126 Ly of Merope, but it won't help save any systems.
  • And you can get (bugged) missions from the Aegis megaships to kill Thargoids, but they also don't count to save systems unless the destination system for the mission is also a target this week.
  • Infested Targets are found by decoding the aegis Eagle Eye system https://canonn.science/codex/eagle-eye-installations/
  • Decoding Eagle Eye is now simpler - use this decoder and type in the phonetic letters called out by the eagle eye unregistered comms beacons - this gives the target system
(Thread title courtesy of Zaratan)

Targets this week

Infestations (NHSS):
As per Eagle Eye (below)

Eagle Eye
EE1: HIP 13173 (No NHSS)
EE2: Gciriko (Low NHSS)
EE3: Uodigaenta (Low NHSS)
EE4: Pemepatung (Low NHSS)
EE5: HR 1257 (Low NHSS)
EE6: Kagutsuchi (Low NHSS)

Warning: Try and not be in the Infested / Incursion systems on Thargsday for the server restart - CMDRs have reported CtD issues otherwise.

Notes:
  • Incursions are listed in the 2nd Galnet article (in-game only) and dynamically update through the week (they start at 'massive thargoid presence' and are beaten when we reach 'no thargoid presence'.)
  • Thargoids first Infest a system (this has now been hidden), if the Infection is not fought then they begin an Incursion, and we lose stations until the incursion is repelled.
  • Incursed systems can be seen in the Galmap left panel. Sometimes the system also switches allegiance to the Thargoids (not always). It's worth checking a system is still Incursed before travel (in the 2nd Galnet post), as they change through the week. Sometimes the Galmap does not show the correct states, but systems targeted by Eagle Eye should still be targets. Unless that is broken ...
  • Incursion systems : fight in the AX CZ until they are listed in Galnet as 'No Thargoid Presence' :)
  • Thargoids can only attack space stations with 'L' landing pads, if a system has none of these then it is a lower priority.
  • Infested Systems : are saved by kills in the target systems- each kill counts the same, so a Scout is as useful as an Interceptor. Bonds do not matter. They only update state once a day, just after the BGS tick.
  • You can also find NHSS all over the Pleiades - within about 126 Ly of Merope, but it won't help save any systems.
  • And you can get (bugged) missions from the Aegis megaships to kill Thargoids, but they also don't count to save systems unless the destination system for the mission is also a target this week.
  • Infested Targets are found by decoding the aegis Eagle Eye system https://canonn.science/codex/eagle-eye-installations/
  • Decoding Eagle Eye is now simpler - use this decoder and type in the phonetic letters called out by the eagle eye unregistered comms beacons - this gives the target system
Kagutsuchi... my original UA dump point.

なつかしい!

Targets this week

Infestations (NHSS):
As per Eagle Eye (below)

Eagle Eye
EE1: Shoki Yine (Low NHSS)
EE2: Apoya (No NHSS)
EE3: Khruttones (No NHSS)
EE4: Phrygiang (No NHSS)
EE5: Lokipi (Low NHSS)
EE6: Gabia (Low NHSS)

NHSS are often delays, you may find them if you check even the No-NHSS systems

Notes:
  • You can also find NHSS all over the Pleiades - within about 23 Ly of Merope, but it won't help save any systems.

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
Been awhile since I've been xeno hunting so I decided to try my luck at taking down some scouts. Barely got back to port with just under 40% hull!

But, I did make it back home, which is more than I can say for the scouts I tangled with. ;)

Targets this week

Infestations (NHSS):
As per Eagle Eye (below)

Eagle Eye
EE1: Dan (NHSS confirmed)
EE2: Opetes (NHSS not confirmed)
EE3: Obassi Osaw (NHSS confirmed)
EE4: HIP 30045 (NHSS confirmed)
EE5: Farowalan (NHSS confirmed)
EE6: Tamit (NHSS confirmed)

NHSS are often delayed, you may find them if you check even the No-NHSS systems

Notes:
  • You can also find NHSS all over the Pleiades - within about 201.3 Ly of Merope, but it won't help save any systems.

Last edited:

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
Since scouts are no longer much of threat I figured it might be time for me to move on up to AX combat zones and see if I could take down an interceptor.

Yeah, not a good idea. :)

Krait mk2 with boosted prismatics, hull and module reinforcements, ax multi and guardian gauss cannons.
Hmm, sounds like a reasonable built, but the only Cyclops kill I could manage was in a fully gimped Conda or Cutter.
Solo interceptors are easier, too because you can scan them before they aggro and you can aim for the hearts better then.

If you get it right in an AXCZ and also get lucky, its actually easier to take down a cyclops imo. If you can take out a heart then fly past npc’s a lot of the time they distract them and take out the shield and you are free to get your shields recharged an stuff.
Using this method, coupled with a highly friendly interceptor spawn (3x cyclops) i managed to kill all 3.
The bar was close to the top, but there was no chance my utterly ruined krait could finish it. Best i have ever done solo.

o7

Top Bottom