Thargoid Attacks: Where, When and What you can do about it

Most likely it lies in one of the regions of galaxy currently locked with a permit of unobtainium.
This one.

We know there's a "high concentration of Thargoids in the Cone Sector". https://community.elitedangerous.com/galnet/uid/5b86af3f5efed618853e99c3

"In response to this development, the Pilots Federation has sealed off the Cone Sector FN-J B9-0 system, which is believed to contain high concentrations of Hydra Interceptors. Despite this, it is understood that the Gnosis, flagship of the Canonn Interstellar Research Group, will attempt to complete its scheduled jump into the now permit-locked system "

There's also col 70 sector FY-N C21-3, which the Probe and Link use for triangulations, and the fact Barnacle/Thargoid Markings look like the Barnard's Loop, so that's also a suspect. They're all locked (mostly) though.

That was the warning that if you were going to go with the Gnosis, DON'T TAKE A UNARMED EXPLORER VESSEL!!

It was amazing how many people ignored it. Really enjoyed that event myself, flying around the mega-ship, taking out thargoid scouts.

It w
That was the warning that if you were going to go with the Gnosis, DON'T TAKE A UNARMED EXPLORER VESSEL!!

It was amazing how many people ignored it. Really enjoyed that event myself, flying around the mega-ship, taking out thargoid scouts.

One of my fave Elite events. Loads of explorers complaining people were bringing combat ships, then it went up and all the shieldless DBX's etc couldn't even get to SC!
I had a whale of a time jetting about in an AX Krait Mk2, distracting the scouts so people could launch, saw my first Hydra, took some selfies and that sort of carry on.

Fun fun fun, more please FD!

o7

👀😞
I felt for sure this would be the week the attacks started again...

Mother in law staying at the house till Friday, check.
Loads of in laws turning up over next couple of days, check.
Forest v Derby on Saturday lunch, check.
Mrs Z's big birthday party Sat evening, check.

I have to say i am disappointed and relieved in equal measure. Maybe next week sighs

o7

I took an unarmed explorer and RPed a rat leaving the sinking ship. It was great fun boosting like mad out of mass lock and then wondering how many jumps before I was safe from hyperdiction. After that I wandered around the Orion nebula pretending I was lost before "getting a star catalogue fix" and heading home.

👀😞
I felt for sure this would be the week the attacks started again...

Mother in law staying at the house till Friday, check.
Loads of in laws turning up over next couple of days, check.
Forest v Derby on Saturday lunch, check.
Mrs Z's big birthday party Sat evening, check.

I have to say i am disappointed and relieved in equal measure. Maybe next week sighs

o7

Looks like an Incursion to me.

I took an unarmed explorer and RPed a rat leaving the sinking ship. It was great fun boosting like mad out of mass lock and then wondering how many jumps before I was safe from hyperdiction. After that I wandered around the Orion nebula pretending I was lost before "getting a star catalogue fix" and heading home.

Sanctimonious at the Genosis - A short story based on the event. Mind you it's been quite a while since I've done one of those. I'll have to get back into writing these.

Just checked rumors of Thargoid attack in Deciat. Is this new?
There is a science vessel which is damaged and asks for repair help and a bit farther a bulk cargo vessel which asks for evacuation help. No NHSS, no gankers so far. You can see the green smear on both of the ships.

Just received the message that it is old stuff: https://community.elitedangerous.com/en/galnet/uid/5b34b13246fe331e2f6ca222

Edit: I am still in this system near the cargo vessel. Suddenly a Thargoid appeared and came over to fire at the ship at all the cargo bay doors. He was searching for something. Many high explosive rockets were fired at him from the vessel but they simply repelled and were redirected to the vessel where they exploded. I recorded all this. - Is this really the same stuff from June this year?

Last edited:
I am in full agreement with you! I was getting close(ish) to soloing one, then they stopped😡 finished a couple in a wing of two, which was nice😀
Every week i look with baited breath 😔

o7
I was winging up with randoms to complete AXCZs when they were still around, they were such good fun because you didn't need an interceptor solo - capable ship to be useful, and they paid quite well too.

I guess all I can do now is as much engineering as possible to take on Cyclops solo

I was winging up with randoms to complete AXCZs when they were still around, they were such good fun because you didn't need an interceptor solo - capable ship to be useful, and they paid quite well too.

I guess all I can do now is as much engineering as possible to take on Cyclops solo

If you are on PS i am happy to wing up mate😀

Top Bottom