Thargoid Data Gathering Effort: We need your help!

I've got annoyed & fed up with fighting the Thargoids for now, so I'm going to investigate these far out hyperdictions instead.
Looking at the galmap last night, the higher ones above Blu Thua IR-N d6-65 are unplottable for my conda with a ~63 LY jump range, in fact some of those systems looked very isolated! e.g Ushott ES-S d4-0

Last edited:
I've got annoyed & fed up with fighting the Thargoids for now, so I'm going to investigate these far out hyperdictions instead.
Looking at the galmap last night, the higher ones above Blu Thua IR-N d6-65 are unplottable for my conda with a ~63 LY jump range, in fact some of those systems looked very isolated! e.g Ushott ES-S d4-0

This hyperdiction sheet is based off the encounter stats and therefore does not contain false positives

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...4_J3Limf9OS/pubhtml?gid=372184256&single=true

We should be changing the hyperdictions map to run off this in future

Cool, thanks for that [up].

Looks like all the far out hyperdictions are indeed false positives.
Just for the record, I've already jumped & scanned about 40 systems in the Blu Thua area, & no hyperdictions ;).

I can't speak about all aspects of the EDMC patrol plugin, but the part about hunting for new Thargoid structures is going to be in previously explored systems (at least partially), as (bar 1 site) they are in the Pleiades area (within 150 LYs of Merope). But the fact they have been at least partially explored is irrelevant, as they either haven't been searched for new Thargoid structures, or at least it's not been reported they have been (bearing in mind that the surface probes are a recent addition).
Also, for the wanted screenshots of known Thargoid structures, yes they'll of course be explored too ;).

I don't know it if it's still in the patrol system, but IIRC at one point their were patrols for other more basic alien life, which could be anywhere, sounds like that's more up your street :).

This is my first time posting on the forums but I feel compelled to share my data. Ever since the first time I was hyperdicted I've become obsessed with the Thargoids. I've begun an expedition to try and track Thargoid signal sources, following them from one star to another, each jump hopefully yielding more and more signal sources. I am keeping a journal about this trek so that I have accurate records.

In Aries Dark Region it's typical 2 non-human sources to about 9 non-human sources per system. In the 2 Epsilon stars next to the Aries Dark Region (galactic map reference point) I hit 12 and 10. Pleiades Sector stars yielded much of the same. Until I hit Pleiades Sector XP-O B6-0, 44nhs. Another Pleiades system had similar results. Pleiades Sector OD-S B4-2 was the first time I encountered rapid NHS rapid entry and fading in a system. Lowest count there was 30nhs, highest was 52nhs. Maia is where the ammonia hit the fan, I couldn't keep count of the constantly fading in and out of thargoid NHS. Asterope is where I'm taking a break. The FSS scanner counted 244 signal sources, I am not sure how many were emissions and how many were NHS. The volume of signals was dropping my game's frame rate down to about 10-15. I've sort of hit a wall here as the signals come from every direction, jumping here from Maia was a luck (I had a black box mission). Before I could get a general sense of direction based on their signals, usually clustered around one side of a red dwarf. I'm not sure what can be concluded from such data, all I've noticed is that they seem to like red dwarf stars.

I'm willing to share my journal, and I recorded 2 videos if anyone wants to observe. 1 of the Thargoids hopping in and out rapidly, and another of the NHS in Asterope wrecking my frame rate. I'm also ready to carry out any leg work needed, I'm obsessed with these guys and want to learn more.

Last edited:
This is my first time posting on the forums but I feel compelled to share my data. Ever since the first time I was hyperdicted I've become obsessed with the Thargoids. I've begun an expedition to try and track Thargoid signal sources, following them from one star to another, each jump hopefully yielding more and more signal sources. I am keeping a journal about this trek so that I have accurate records.

In Aries Dark Region it's typical 2 non-human sources to about 9 non-human sources per system. In the 2 Epsilon stars next to the Aries Dark Region (galactic map reference point) I hit 12 and 10. Pleiades Sector stars yielded much of the same. Until I hit Pleiades Sector XP-O B6-O, 44nhs. Another Pleiades system had similar results. Pleiades Sector OD-S B4-2 was the first time I encountered rapid NHS rapid entry and fading in a system. Lowest count there was 30nhs, highest was 52nhs. Maia is where the ammonia hit the fan, I couldn't keep count of the constantly fading in and out of thargoid NHS. Asterope is where I'm taking a break. The FSS scanner counted 244 signal sources, I am not sure how many were emissions and how many were NHS. The volume of signals was dropping my game's frame rate down to about 10-15. I've sort of hit a wall here as the signals come from every direction, jumping here from Maia was a luck (I had a black box mission). Before I could get a general sense of direction based on their signals, usually clustered around one side of a red dwarf. I'm not sure what can be concluded from such data, all I've noticed is that they seem to like red dwarf stars.

I'm willing to share my journal, and I recorded 2 videos if anyone wants to observe. 1 of the Thargoids hopping in and out rapidly, and another of the NHS in Asterope wrecking my frame rate. I'm also ready to carry out any leg work needed, I'm obsessed with these guys and want to learn more.

Yeah, I've seen this, and someone else reported it elsewhere. My two theories on it:
  • It's a bug (Less likely every day)
  • The concentration of Thargoids is either around Merope (Because that's where the Sensor/Probe points to), or HIP 22460 (Where Overlook + Thargoid Structure, permit lock is)
I'm down there... but honestly haven't thought to check.

EDIT: A cursory look around the place seems to suggest Asterope is probably the highest concentration.

EDIT 2: BTW, I think you mean Pleiades Sector XP-O B6-0 not Pleiades Sector XP-O B6-O, i.e B6-Zero, rather than B6-Oh. The latter doesn't exist.

Last edited:
After 3.5 years I’m still playing this game....
But after 3.5 years of playing this game we STILL have absolutely no idea WHY UA/TS point to Merope, and WHY in particular TP point to Merope5c. After many searches and now sensor scans.

WHY FD???? For sanity’s sake WHY???
😢

Be warned this may be the result of some sort of bug, but the similarity to the 'Thargoid Device' spectrogram picture made me want to post this as i am not very good with using audactiy:

Got Hyperdicted by a pair of Basilisks in Merope on a jump to Maia on a very fresh alt that is still mostly harmless. 20 min prior i had been in Delphi activating the structure (both with guardian stuff [ Orb, Relic, UA] and thargoid stuff)
One stayed just inside 500m the other just outside 500m regardless of how i tried to move. They never scanned me at all. There was a bit of strange audio sort of a set of beeps happening around every 2 seconds with maybe 3 distinct variants. This went on for like 20 minutes. When i jumped my main account in it could not hear the audio at all.
Any suggestions on how to process this into something sensible or easily confirm if it is periodic or not? Is there a good way to remove 'bacground space noise' ?

rVz2lk2.jpg

Source: https://imgur.com/a/LiwbIsg

Again the audio may be some sort of bug. I have had another audio bug when the thargoid swarm some how gets stuck with only one thargon left deployed, and sort of frozen. That audio is much more rapid, and does not vary at all.

Pictures of the other bug:(thargon stuck/frozen)
Source: https://imgur.com/a/7otRfJV

From the lack of response it looks like all the Canonn sound engineering experts are busy elsewhere, possibly they’ve moved to the Canonn discord. I’m definitely no expert! But found this that I saved ages ago, it’s important for sound analysis to get a high quality recording; can’t quote the source, but presumably from one of the old forum threads, possibly related to UA/TS/guardian site sound signals etc:

“Hi guys - if you are exploring, using both visual & audio - or if you are curious how the audio comes in to play when getting close to the ruins, I've made a quick training video.
It should show you how you can hear it over engines, F/A Off/On as well as distance.

Trainingvideo:
Source: https://youtu.be/XCqTgqo-NHE

There are a few tricks to assist your audio detection rate:
  • If you can change "Windows Sounds, Playback-devices" the you device and the tab for "Advanced". Select 24Bit 48000HZ or better. I use this selection myself.
  • In Elite, Audio options: Select "Night Time" mode. And you can safely disable music. (Screenshot provided at the end of the video).
  • Fly as silent as you possibly can. F/A Off will turn off the engines. Periodical turn F/A on if you need to adjust your course.
In night-time mode the sound-engine in ED will amplify others sounds, but this means you should have as silent engines as possible.”

Last edited:
I saw a post on r/space where someone tracked the radio progression of a supernova, whatever that means, and was reminded of the thargoid markings. Did anyone end up finding anything about those or was that investigation abandonded?

Most probably no big news. NHSS found 113.37 ly from Merope in SYNUEFE UZ-M D8-25. Whole range from 4 to 7, lot's of.

@Crimson Echo one way of getting a good recording is to switch to your external camera and move as close to the source of the noise as you can.

In audacity you can switch the track to spectogram mode which makes it a bit easier to see if there is something interesting embedded.

On the track next to the x is a drop down menu usually labelled "Audio Track" in the menu you can select spectogram mode

In the same menu is "Spectogram Settings"

Algorithm: Frequencies
Window Size: 4096
Window Type: Guassian (a=3.5)

You might find changing max frequency to 5000 or so might make something pop out. If you see anything that looks like an image you might want to have a fiddle with settings to tray and get a better image.

Audicity Manual Spectogram View

@CMDR Maylor Rom The Canonn plugin can only send you to system where we have information generally this means that the locations are already explored but in some cases we may ask people to go somewhere and map of fss the system where EDSM does not have data.

However even sites with EDSM data may already have been mapped by commanders not running plugins so no guarentee of getting your name on a body. That said despite the Thargoid systems having been extensively visited I was able to find a few unmapped bodies and systems that hadn't had the surface sites fully scanned. I also made a number of first dioscoveries of barnacle sites and other biologicals

We don't have any mysteries currently but I'm hoping that with the latest CG there may be a gold rush for new barnacle sites in which case we may be able to add a list of candidate search locations elsewhere in the Galaxy.

If you have an idea for a patrol I would be happy to get it included in the patrol system. but its usually no trivial matter to build up a list of patrol locations depending on what you are searching for.

Top Bottom