General / Off-Topic The Covid vaccine must be mandatory ?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Realistically there's two ways it can go for people who are not immunocompromised and refuse once a vaccines properly tested and available.

Blanket banned from a swathe of professions, travel and locations.

Rubber stamped as not competent and vaccinated anyway.
I wonder how it will be in the United States when a vaccine is available.

There are many people who refuse barrier gestures by evoking freedom of choice.

So for the vaccine ?

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

Deleted member 257907

D

So for the vaccine ?

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷
probably wont happen before next election and we not allowed to discuss politics anyway.
Im sure many living in USA will be hesitant to vaccinate and many don't trust government or big pharma.
dont know how trustworthy this site is but its says:

2. Just over half of Americans trust the FDA, half trust state or local governments, and less than half trust pharmaceutical companies or the federal government.

So for the vaccine ?

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

The same as when people refuse to wear masks to go shopping, or refuse to abide by quarantine, or refuse to wear a mask on planes. They do it or they get removed and punished for not doing it and are refused future service.

We already have enforced compulsory rules for the pandemic, just add the vaccine to them.

Anything else is putting innocents at risk and a waste of limited medical resources.

Im sure many living in USA will be hesitant to vaccinate and many don't trust government or big pharma.

Conspiracy theories are probably already on the list of things that get people rubber stamped as not competent to decide on their own medication.

Last edited:
6622C179-E4CD-471D-A778-24D0A11AEC2E.jpeg

Deleted member 257907

D
Here's another example of why I've switched from indirect coercion to just pin them down and forcibly administer a vaccine :

if "them" is half of the population it might be easier to forcibly pin everyone down rather than figure out who's who.

I know that is intended as a joke but in reality the rule of 6 for social gatherings. It doesn’t mean 6 people can’t be together at the same time and no exceptions, it’s supposed to easy to understand. TBF it seems to be working because when I went to the pub last night I didn’t see anymore than 6 people sat on the same table.

It gets on my nerves that the media in particular are constantly trying to pick apart the reasons behind rules like this and make out they are confusing or silly. It’s risk management that is trying to keep the economy alive at the same time as keeping people alive.

probably wont happen before next election and we not allowed to discuss politics anyway.
dont know how trustworthy this site is but its says:

2. Just over half of Americans trust the FDA, half trust state or local governments, and less than half trust pharmaceutical companies or the federal government.

I don’t see how topics like this can not include politics occasionally. Whenever I post in this thread I try to avoid it but the only way to fight this virus is with an organised response, which is bound to involve governments and politics. It’s seems a bit like discussing cars but you aren’t allowed to discuss the engine.

I find it very difficult 🙁

I know that is intended as a joke but in reality the rule of 6 for social gatherings. It doesn’t mean 6 people can’t be together at the same time and no exceptions, it’s supposed to easy to understand. TBF it seems to be working because when I went to the pub last night I didn’t see anymore than 6 people sat on the same table.

It gets on my nerves that the media in particular are constantly trying to pick apart the reasons behind rules like this and make out they are confusing or silly. It’s risk management that is trying to keep the economy alive at the same time as keeping people alive.

It was posted as a joke and I absolutely agree with you on the media in particular trying to make this a confusing issue.

I'm not so worried about the economy, not for covid reasons.

As I understand it, both the US and UK economies have done something they have never done before in history. The Markets (FTSE and DOW) have uncoupled from the economy. If you know about this then I apologise but for those who do not, it looks like this (as I recall it being explained to me)

Traditionally, when you see high unemployment (for example) you would see the markets struggle. Sometimes though (in more recent years) when a company announces a shedding of jobs, their share price rises. Speculators speculate that that a lower wage bill will bring a bigger share holder dividend.

In these wild times, not only are jobs through the floor, spending is down, productivity is down but at the same time, markets have been fairly robust. The markets no longer react to the economy. They appear to be uncoupled. My understanding is this can be traced back to the 2008 cash, the way we bailed out the banks, who then offered silly money to companies, who rather than spend it on R&D have mainly spent it on buying back shares in themselves, pushing the price and dividends up. Money is being filtered out of the economy into this higher realm and it's not coming back.

Covid hasn't helped, obviously, but this far deeper rooted problem is going to end miserably.

As I say, that is my rough understanding of it. I am by no means a financial/economy expert or hobbiest.

My final thing about th economy is, since forever, the poor have got poorer and the rich have got richer. In 1997 it was estimated that (iirc) that the average CEO earned 30 times more than the average worker in their company. That number is now in the thousands.

I do not care about the economy because it has not, does not and never will, worry about me or you.

If there is a fraudulent thing govts around the world have done through the Covid situation, it is to get poor people to worry about an economy that consistently pays no attention to them. To make poor people risk their lives for it. It's a proper scandal.

I apologise if this has broken any forum rules, I have tried to word it as carefully as possible so that it doesn't.

It was posted as a joke and I absolutely agree with you on the media in particular trying to make this a confusing issue.

I'm not so worried about the economy, not for covid reasons.

As I understand it, both the US and UK economies have done something they have never done before in history. The Markets (FTSE and DOW) have uncoupled from the economy. If you know about this then I apologise but for those who do not, it looks like this (as I recall it being explained to me)

Traditionally, when you see high unemployment (for example) you would see the markets struggle. Sometimes though (in more recent years) when a company announces a shedding of jobs, their share price rises. Speculators speculate that that a lower wage bill will bring a bigger share holder dividend.

In these wild times, not only are jobs through the floor, spending is down, productivity is down but at the same time, markets have been fairly robust. The markets no longer react to the economy. They appear to be uncoupled. My understanding is this can be traced back to the 2008 cash, the way we bailed out the banks, who then offered silly money to companies, who rather than spend it on R&D have mainly spent it on buying back shares in themselves, pushing the price and dividends up. Money is being filtered out of the economy into this higher realm and it's not coming back.

Covid hasn't helped, obviously, but this far deeper rooted problem is going to end miserably.

As I say, that is my rough understanding of it. I am by no means a financial/economy expert or hobbiest.

My final thing about th economy is, since forever, the poor have got poorer and the rich have got richer. In 1997 it was estimated that (iirc) that the average CEO earned 30 times more than the average worker in their company. That number is now in the thousands.

I do not care about the economy because it has not, does not and never will, worry about me or you.

If there is a fraudulent thing govts around the world have done through the Covid situation, it is to get poor people to worry about an economy that consistently pays no attention to them. To make poor people risk their lives for it. It's a proper scandal.

I apologise if this has broken any forum rules, I have tried to word it as carefully as possible so that it doesn't.

I can’t really respond to that properly because of the ‘P’ word. There was a time I’d have disagreed with you completely but you are probably on to something so I don’t.

This entire situation has changed my thinking about a lot of things

I don’t see how topics like this can not include politics occasionally.

There is an easy way to tell if something is political or not. Simply ask yourself if there are any laws or potential legal repercussions associated with it. If there are, it's political. If there aren't, it doesn't exist.

The economy isn't an entity, it's an effect. It doesn't care about anyone. Those with the power to manipulate it invariably do so for their own ends, at the expense of those beneath them, then get those harmed by their actions to blame each other while still maintaining the illusion that they can elevate themselves if only they continue to play a game where the house is the only real winner.

And yes, market indicies are a very poor indicator of the state of an economy, which should surprise no one when wealth disparities have been increasing at a geometric rate.

This was the status quo way before COVID-19, it was just a little less obvious.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom