The Deep Space Support Array (DSSA) | A FleetComm Initiative

FYI, the popup text on each carrier's marker lists the services that the owner has listed as available. Vista Genomics is available in the list now. Not all carriers are doing the refit, of course, but quite a few are either in the process of doing so, or already have completed. For an example, you can look at Paradox Destiny in the Temple region (to the left of the Colonia highway).
Yes, I noticed that - brilliant! - I'm already on my way to DSSA Gene Roddenberry in Trojan Belt, it has everything I need... Still, it would be clearer - at a glance... Not that I'm complaining, just the fact that the refitting happens so fast after the update is a wonderful, great job! o7

Hi, and thanks to all you awesome DSSA commanders! I've been enjoying your facilities during my exploration tour for the last almost two years. I just landed to Pilgrim's Harbor, put a note on that to this forum thread, just piping in here also to voice my appreciation to you all!
Hey, thank you a lot for the nice words :) I haven't been able to invest time into Elite as of late, but i try to constantly check that the carrier is up to date and has enough resources to continue work - glad to hear that it's being used in my absence!

I'm posting a message here too, to make sure the notification doesn't get lost: as seen here, with the At the Eldritch Gate expedition soon ending and the lost green gas giant having been found, the Inverness will be retiring from the DSSA and STAR networks, and leaving its system tomorrow.
The carrier was anchored in Vulcan Gate from 3306. August 29 to 3308. September 10. Thanks again to everyone who visited!

Hello everyone. I'm trying to drum up support for an initiative: we have thousands of PS commanders about to be copied to PC to continue their games over there - potentially a vast number of these accounts have Carriers and/or funds to support an FC for a long time to come. I'm trying to encourage migrating commanders to donate their PS FC / account to providing a DSSA waypoint. Can DSSA accept donations or should i be looking to coordinate some other way ?

For example, I've an FC that costs $25m /week for refuel, repair, restock, cartographics, etc and $14b in funds to run it for probably the lifetime of ED. If I can reach enough other commanders we could maybe get a thousand such new DSSA waypoints and post them in a grid every 2-3KLY. (ideally in systems with minable tritium hotspots)

Let me know what you think. Oh - and is there a DSSA squadron for coordination ? I was thinking it might be helpful, but couldnt find one.
best regards
Commander NezzieMuso Angel

sorry to be off-topic, but this link does not work for me. I don't know if i have to be invited, or approved for access in some way, but all it loads is a grey screen.
Try this: https://discord.com/invite/rt9T9AA

It's from this post: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...ort-array-dssa-a-fleetcomm-initiative.540166/

• Visit the #dssa-initiative channel on FleetComm if you wish to discuss the project over there, or give your ideas and suggestions here.

Hello everyone. I'm trying to drum up support for an initiative: we have thousands of PS commanders about to be copied to PC to continue their games over there - potentially a vast number of these accounts have Carriers and/or funds to support an FC for a long time to come. I'm trying to encourage migrating commanders to donate their PS FC / account to providing a DSSA waypoint. Can DSSA accept donations or should i be looking to coordinate some other way ?

For example, I've an FC that costs $25m /week for refuel, repair, restock, cartographics, etc and $14b in funds to run it for probably the lifetime of ED. If I can reach enough other commanders we could maybe get a thousand such new DSSA waypoints and post them in a grid every 2-3KLY. (ideally in systems with minable tritium hotspots)

Let me know what you think. Oh - and is there a DSSA squadron for coordination ? I was thinking it might be helpful, but couldnt find one.
best regards
Commander NezzieMuso Angel

Fleetcomm discord is a good place to ask, just bear in mind a couple of things:
DSSA is an initiative established to help explorers, but not to remove the exploration risks completely, for this reason, among othe things, they limit the amount of carriers deployed to about 3 per region. Even if there were thousands of carriers available to deploy, they would be queued (in fact a queue already exist, as a reserve list, and carriers are being deployed from that list as the current active DSSA end their deployment time).
Last time i checked there were 40+ carriers in the reserve list already so there isn't exactly a lack of candidate DSSA carriers.
DSSA carriers by design are placed at a distance of no less than (if i recall correctly) 5kly, so they most probably will not consider a closer deplyoment distance.
STAR is more open about this, there are similar guidelines for depots deployment, expecially now that galaxy coverage is done, but it's mostly driven by demand and logistic (do instead of adding a depot between to existing ones it may be considered to have multiple carriers at the same location (some depots are formed by 8 carriers or more).
I would suggest you to contact both and see.

does anyone have the URL for contacting STAR, please
STAR home is Fleet Carrier Owners Club discord
There is a star-initiative sections and you can can send a request in contact-our-admins (and for STAR only you can also contact me directly)

Greetings Cmdrs o7. The DSSA The Helix is offering NO services right now (including no refuel, no repair). In the ED astro Map it is shown as offering many services. QUestion for you: isd the DSSA Black Adder Port still operative? According to INARA it doesn't exist.
Thank'you in advance for your reply

I really like the DSSA!

Before Carriers, I always went exploring in at least a Phantom, most of the times in an Anaconda.
And I always got homesick and "hand-in-anxious" after a week or so.

Now with the Carriers / DSSA I can do much longer stints and enjoy flying small ships, which also helps with Exobiology.
I took my FC "Mountains of Madness" out some 3k LY and went from there to DSSA Artemis Rest.
From Artemis I went "down" towards Amundsens Star (my destination for this journey), stopping yesterday at DSSA Hermes.
There I dropped ~200 million explo ~33 million exobio data, repairing my somewhat battered DBX.

Thanks for the service, I appreciate it!

I discovered two ELWs on my way there:

ELW Ploi Eurl FA-A D 17.jpg

ELW Praea Theia AA-A D 13.jpg

oh, and I found @Orvidius was a bit lazy - no mapping, ignoring a terraformable world with a terraformable moon, thanks, I take it 😁

lazy Orvidius.jpg

Last edited:
oh, and I found @Orvidius was a bit lazy - no mapping, ignoring a terraformable world with a terraformable moon, thanks, I take it 😁
It's probably not laziness, but instead that he found these from before mapping was added. Neither the FSS nor the DSS were in-game since launch, they were added at the end of 2018, along with the "first mapped by" tags.

Yep, looking at EDSM, he definitely found this system before that time.

It's probably not laziness, but instead that he found these from before mapping was added. Neither the FSS nor the DSS were in-game since launch, they were added at the end of 2018, along with the "first mapped by" tags.

Yep, looking at EDSM, he definitely found this system before that time.
I know, but I was teasing that lazy bum :cool:

I'm always happy if I find some tags from people I know from the game or from the forums.

LOL. Well, "lazy" isn't really the right word. Sometimes I'm just in a hurry. And I was a notorious cherry-picker most of the time.

"Terraformable? Meh. Too far." :D

But yeah, a lot of the time if it wasn't a water world or ELW, I didn't bother.

Top Bottom