The Deep Space Support Array (DSSA) | A FleetComm Initiative

Red - Not Deployed. carrier is probably not there, because it hasn't deployed. Or at least the owner never updated the details to show it was deployed.
Yellow - as it says in the popup - carrier is past the date the owner agreed to keep it in place - so it might not be there.
Green - probably there - haven't seen many recent complaints of missing ones 🤷‍♀️
ok what if it's yellow/red in Astro but green in the google sheet.... which one updates more current? lol

disclaimer: I'm just having a space-madness moment in the middle of Sanguineous Rim....

ok what if it's yellow/red in Astro but green in the google sheet.... which one updates more current? lol
The EDAstro map updates automatically from multiple sources (the DSSA sheet, and carrier tracking from crowdsourced data), while the DSSA sheet is manually updated, and it can take a while. So, the former is the one more current.

Galactic Unity is resigning and returning to Colonia.
Greetings Cmdr!

Thank you for your status update....Have you already departed - or can we work on scheduling a Relief / Reserve DSSA to maintain continuity? We try to manage the DSSA comings and goings via DSSA Folder / channels on the FleetComm Discord in case you haven't had a chance to stop by?

Also - do you have enough Tritium for the journey? We have an arrangement with the STAR Network to assist DSSA movements with fuel issues....Stop by FleetComm or FCOC (Fleet Carrier Owners Club - home to STAR) Discords if you need any further assistance.

Thank you again for your service to the DSSA and the entire exploration community! 🖖o7

Greetings Cmdr!

Thank you for your status update....Have you already departed - or can we work on scheduling a Relief / Reserve DSSA to maintain continuity? We try to manage the DSSA comings and goings via DSSA Folder / channels on the FleetComm Discord in case you haven't had a chance to stop by?

Also - do you have enough Tritium for the journey? We have an arrangement with the STAR Network to assist DSSA movements with fuel issues....Stop by FleetComm or FCOC (Fleet Carrier Owners Club - home to STAR) Discords if you need any further assistance.

Thank you again for your service to the DSSA and the entire exploration community! 🖖o7
I'm sorry, I have already left station. I do have plenty of tritium for the return journey, thank you very much for asking. It has been an honor serving everyone and I wish you all the best.

o7 Cmdrs. I'm about to set off for a year long expedition or so. My carrier is near Sag A*, and we're heading to Beagle Point and then the north east quadrant. I've got enough tritium to get me to most places within that quadrant. How do I apply for DSSA status for Shrike, and where would be best for it to go?

Go here:

...also. see 1st post of this forum thread.

o7 Cmdrs. I'm about to set off for a year long expedition or so. My carrier is near Sag A*, and we're heading to Beagle Point and then the north east quadrant. I've got enough tritium to get me to most places within that quadrant. How do I apply for DSSA status for Shrike, and where would be best for it to go?
o7 Purrfect! Sorry for delay in responding - RL etc etc...

So the DSSA project was envisioned as a 'minimalist safety net' - and so originally intended to be limited in scope to having but a single DSSA / galactic region - but the incredible interest at the start expanded that to generally 2 - 3 / region - where we strive to keep > 5,000 Ly spacing between DSSA locations...So because of the intentional limiting of deployed DSSA ( ca. 115-120 in total) - we have more volunteers than available slots - and so we have a 'Reserve List' that we fill openings from in a FIFO (First In / First Out) basis...There is no problem signing up for DSSA Reserve now - and changing your mind later...

If you would still like to volunteer your FC 'for civic service' - our colleagues at the STAR (Strategic Tritium And Rescue) have organized a complimentary FC network: where DSSA aims for assisting Cmdrs and their ships with repairs and resupplies - STAR is a a network of 'Tritium Depots' around the galaxy - ex. to assist passing FCs who have miscalculated their Tritium fuel requirements and are unable to mine their own....STAR is run from the FCOC (Fleet Carrier Owners Club) Discord....

Thank you too for providing the link @Andy_Pipkin (y)

Apologies for necroing a seemingly dead issue only indirectly related to the DSSA: I was always a fan of the DSSA Passport System at edps.dev, and the related EDMC-Passport plugin that seems to be defunct and abandoned now for a good few years (?). I've submitted an issue to their github but without response; I can also see that others in this thread have in the past discussed if it is viable to revive/fork this project.

Has there been any recent attempts to do so, or would there still be any interest to try that? While I'm unfortunately not a coder myself, I'd be happy to help with a small donation to help get the project going again (if appropriate).

Apologies for necroing a seemingly dead issue only indirectly related to the DSSA: I was always a fan of the DSSA Passport System at edps.dev, and the related EDMC-Passport plugin that seems to be defunct and abandoned now for a good few years (?). I've submitted an issue to their github but without response; I can also see that others in this thread have in the past discussed if it is viable to revive/fork this project.

Has there been any recent attempts to do so, or would there still be any interest to try that? While I'm unfortunately not a coder myself, I'd be happy to help with a small donation to help get the project going again (if appropriate).
What does it do?

That would appear to be the correct link…As no one else has applied - it’s not like you have “lost your place” in the sequence…And we can always prune duplicates if that happened…

Top Bottom