The Deep Space Support Array (DSSA) | A FleetComm Initiative

Greetings Cmdrs o7. The DSSA The Helix is offering NO services right now (including no refuel, no repair). In the ED astro Map it is shown as offering many services. QUestion for you: isd the DSSA Black Adder Port still operative? According to INARA it doesn't exist.
Thank'you in advance for your reply
Thank you commander valemax... The services were accidentally disabled because of a depth... All services are up and running again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Greetings Cmdrs o7. The DSSA The Helix is offering NO services right now (including no refuel, no repair). In the ED astro Map it is shown as offering many services. QUestion for you: isd the DSSA Black Adder Port still operative? According to INARA it doesn't exist.
Thank'you in advance for your reply
Thank you for bringing this to our attention, the issue with The Helix has been fixed and services should be available again. In regards to the Black Adder Port, it is still in place according to our records, it's possible the CMDR may not have an inara account. If you find it missing in game, please let us know.

o7

Last edited:
Dear passengers, visitors, tourists, CMDRs,

DSSA Destiny Ascension was redeployed on October 2nd to a new system, Scheau Blao TB-A c28-271. This system is an improvement over the old system, Scheau Blao TB-A c28-274, as it is marked as a GREEN system for FSD Injectors, is 1kLS short and more friendly to Supercruise Assist, making the general approach much easier once the system has been entered. FYI, these systems are 9.5LYs apart. It's literally a neighbouring system.

All of the STAR Depots which were orbiting the same location as DSSA Destiny Ascension have also been moved to this new system accordingly and will continue to supply passing Fleet Carriers with Tritium they need.

DSSA Destiny Ascension is not resigning from its duties or being decommissioned in any way. It will continue to provide necessary services to CMDRs passing through the Scheau Blao and neighbouring sectors of the Ryker's Hope region.

I've landed at "Erikson's Gateway" (V0Y-3QW) in Hypoe Bloae KZ-Z c16-6 and was surprised to discover that I wasn't able to disembark. Apparently the gravity is too high? The carrier's in orbit around what looks like a rather heavy looking gas giant... is that why? Or is this due to some sort of glitch? I was hoping to get out and stretch my legs as I'm stuck there for five days waiting for my exo-bio ship to be delivered there. If it's due to the gas giant the carrier's in orbit of, is there any chance of shifting it?

I've landed at "Erikson's Gateway" (V0Y-3QW) in Hypoe Bloae KZ-Z c16-6 and was surprised to discover that I wasn't able to disembark. Apparently the gravity is too high? The carrier's in orbit around what looks like a rather heavy looking gas giant... is that why? Or is this due to some sort of glitch? I was hoping to get out and stretch my legs as I'm stuck there for five days waiting for my exo-bio ship to be delivered there. If it's due to the gas giant the carrier's in orbit of, is there any chance of shifting it?
Lowering or raising your ship from the hangar should trigger the disembark option to become active (it's a glitch).

As Ned said, raise your ship outside the carrier and Disembark will un-grey, once selected, you will lower back into the carrier and disembark.

Hi,

I just landed on the 'DSSA Gene Roddenberry' in the 'Trojan Belt' region (system LOIJOAE ZV-T C17-0).
Unfortunately all services are deactivated, is the carrier still active ?

Hi,

I just landed on the 'DSSA Gene Roddenberry' in the 'Trojan Belt' region (system LOIJOAE ZV-T C17-0).
Unfortunately all services are deactivated, is the carrier still active ?
Cheers Cmdr o7 (I may have come across 'several' systems you discovered :cool:) -

I have put in an inquiry to Cmdr Mercilus who runs the DSSA Gene Roddenberry - but on their mission Discord - I saw that they were active last fall - and mentioned the logistically challenging 'Operation Boomerang' that we ran @ 1 year ago - which allowed DSSA FC owners to leave their berth systems and travel back to a FC Admin system to add the (then) newly introduced Fleet Carrier interior services that were released with Odyssey Update 11...

That makes me believe that their LIVE (Odyssey / v4.0 codebase) DSSA FC is alive and well funded...however with the 'galactic split' that occurred with Odyssey Update 14 late last year - the LEGACY (Horizons Codebase 3.8 - ie all Console players) galaxy would no longer be linked with the LIVE galaxy - and specifically impacting the deployed DSSA network: their FCs would no longer share the Cmdr bank accounts...So whatever funds were aboard at time of U14 - that's all the funds remaining for DSSA upkeep (from the Cmdr-side...UC donations obviously still (should??) work to add to the FC bank account)

So may I ask whether you were docking in LEGACY (ex Horizons v3.8) or LIVE (Odyssey v4.0+) game modes when you could not access the FC services?

(Note: because of this split - we (the members of the DSSA Council who are administering the program) have had to create a separate DSSA Tracker for the Legacy galaxy- and am sad to report that we have lost some DSSA locations due to loss of funds....More salt in the wound for the Horizons and Console community...)

PS - Sorry for late reply: in the midst of a RL home purchase / sale and relocation...Stress level goes to 11!!!

Last edited:
Hi,

thanks for the answer, I tried to access in Odyssey (LIVE) game mode.
I meanwhile went to another DSSA carrier to sell my data, so no problem for me, just add some hint to the DSSA map for other explorers :cool:

Hi,

thanks for the answer, I tried to access in Odyssey (LIVE) game mode.
I meanwhile went to another DSSA carrier to sell my data, so no problem for me, just add some hint to the DSSA map for other explorers :cool:

Yeah, I just saw this. You have my sincerest apologies. I recently funded the Roddenberry but didn't realize it paused services. It's been fixed, but I'm really sorry that I inconvienanced you. Safe travels, Cmdr!

On behalf of the DSSA Council - and explorers everywhere - I thank you @Guy De Lombard for bringing this to our attention - and @skycoog (Cmdr Mercilus) for getting it sorted out for the next Cmdr...

A PSA / reminder to all FC owners out there - DSSA or not - that if your FC ever runs low on upkeep funds - ALL the services become suspended - and you need to go and individually re-activate them once funding gets restored....

Cheers and safe jonking o7

Greetings everyone,

DSSA Destiny Ascension [K5M-3KH] stationed in Scheau Blao TB-A C28-271 system located in Ryker's Hope, will be undergoing a refit in Colonia. The goal of the refit is to add the following modules/services: Outfitting and Redemption Office. This means, after adding the services and returning to designated location, DSSA Destiny Ascension will be able to provide the following:

• Refuel, Rearm, Repair (RRR)
  • Universal Cartographics (UC)
  • Redemption Office
  • Shipyard
  • Outfitting
  • Vista Genomics
  • Pioneer Supplies
  • Concourse Bar

The Fleet Carrier will not be able to provide the following module/service:

• Secure Trading

The trip will consist of 80 jumps (40 jumps each way) covering 38,875.94 LYs. Estimated travel time would be max. 40 hours with planned jumps overnight. For the duration of the trip, DSSA Destiny Ascension will be absent, have all modules/services suspended and won't not be able to provide any services at the designated system. You can use this opportunity to use the Fleet Carrier as taxi ride to Colonia or vice versa.

As for STAR Fleet Carriers operating in the Scheau Blao TB-A C28-271 system, their work will remain uninterrupted and will continue providing Tritium to passing Fleet Carriers as they were. The only thing missing will be DSSA Destiny Ascension and its modules/services.

The Fleet Carrier will commence its 1st jump at 21:00 (UTC+1) today. ETA would be the following day at around ~10:00h, same time zone.

This announcement, as well as other updates will be spread across the following communication channels:

Discord - Fleet Carrier Owners Club, FleetComm
Frontier Forums - The Deep Space Support Array | A FleetComm Initiative Thread
Reddit - r/EliteDangerous

Thank You all for reading this.

o7 CMDRs.

Last edited:
Greetings once again everyone,

Hours ago, DSSA Destiny Ascension has arrived in Colonia and has acquired the necessary Fleet Carrier modules/services mentioned above, as well as adding stock ships to shipyard. These are:

25 Sidewinders, 15 Haulers, 10 Adders, 10 Viper Mk. III's, 5 Viper Mk. IV's and 5 Cobra Mk. III's, for those willing to return home the "easy" way.

For the next 9-10 hours, I will remain in Colonia for some quick R&R, after which we'll be heading back to Scheau Blao TB-A C28-271 designated home system. The trip will last min. 13 hours to max 24-32h, depending on availability of free time.

Thank You all for reading.

o7.

EDIT:

Added outfitting stock for planetary and fighter hangars in big numbers.

Last edited:
Greetings CMDRs!

Yesterday, DSSA Destiny Ascension arrived at Scheau Blao TB-A C28-271 system. During the trip back to our designated location, we encountered an unexpected amount of telemetry errors in the FC plotting system. In order to troubleshoot and triangulate the flaw in the FC plotting systems, we performed a frequent number of FC jump sequences within the Scheau Blao TB-A C28-271 system itself until the issue has been thankfully resolved. We have also managed to park the FC at the right spot for the scenery.

As stated in the replies above, the FC offers all services except Secure Trading/Warehouse. 0% Tariff.

In addition, you are now able to purchase 6 different types of ships and planetary/fighter hangars, as long as they are in stock. You never know when you might want to stick to the ground instead of flying above the plains of landable planets.

DSSA Destiny Ascension is now resuming its services for everyone. I thank You for your patience while operations were taking place.

Please, take advantage of our many different beverages, sit back at the bar and enjoy your stay.

o7

20230626124538_1.jpg

yo. quick question: down at ED Astro, why some carrier icons yellow, red and green? yellow seems to be "past deployed"? Not sure what that means coz I can't seem to find a Legend anywhere.... Red "not deployed"?

yo. quick question: down at ED Astro, why some carrier icons yellow, red and green? yellow seems to be "past deployed"? Not sure what that means coz I can't seem to find a Legend anywhere.... Red "not deployed"?
Red - Not Deployed. carrier is probably not there, because it hasn't deployed. Or at least the owner never updated the details to show it was deployed.
Yellow - as it says in the popup - carrier is past the date the owner agreed to keep it in place - so it might not be there.
Green - probably there - haven't seen many recent complaints of missing ones 🤷‍♀️

Top Bottom