The FFED3D Thread

I have to agree there - if you go for the default startup, do the race & Soholia runs and you'll have funds for a better ship by the time the Soholia run stops making you cash. Usually a few runs out of Eta Cassiopeia will get the remaining funds for something like a Cobra or Viper if that's your goal.

If memory serves me correctly though, if you take time out to do this, you may not make the Beta Hydri hand-coded missions as the timing for that is extremely tight - you're best going there directly from starting out... (not to mention that since the artifact is "liberated" rather than retrieved legitimately, you might not be popular in the Empire...)

I fiddled with the settings. Try again. As for just the files that are different, most of the files are different anyway. Most of the size is Nanite's textures.

Looks like it's up and going, have at it people. Just remember to keep seeding after your download is done :)

Here's a sample of my progress so far. The picture is of Argent's Claim in the Alioth system, an ice world. Notice it actually looks like ice. The cloud shadows won't show in the beta release version though.

ArgentsClaim.jpg

A torrent link to a beta version of my release.

Last edited:
If you take a different start from default, which will result in you being near the Sol System, then you can do the Merlin to Barnards Star (animal meat), Barnards Star to Sol (Robots) safe route (no pirates etc). From Sol out you need to do a bit of careful planning but things like luxury goods/wine are good items for the return journey.

I can't remember it exactly, but you'll be able to work it out as you check your route and destinations markets. You'll make pretty good money in a safe environment. It is a bit dull though.

And Alioth.net was always a good source for info i found:

http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/First_Encounters

Last edited:
A full fix !!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW !!!!

AndyJ just sent me his r60 recompile and the ICONS WORK !!! They change on different screens....man I can't believe it !!!!! They ALL work as they should !!!!

ANDYJ you're a genius.

Some more testing now but Andy your files MUST go up on Space Sim Central. A few meg and we get a possible FULL fix for lots of people !!!

WOO HOOOOOOOOOOO :eek::eek::eek: :smilie::smilie::smilie:

I just updated my other thread but a quick post here.

AndyJ sent me his 4 meg of update files for his r60 build and the ICONS WORK !!! I can change screen they all change correctly this looks like a possible FULL FIX !!!! WOW !!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek: :smilie::smilie::smilie::smilie:

Some more testing and then UP it needs to go to Space Sim Central !!!

WOW !!!!!!!!!!

@Synchromesh you should be able to make a packet out of a full working one. You just need those files from AndyJ. It changes two directories and adds a new .EXE

Man I am SO rapt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there a fix for full screen button and icon positioning?

I can run ffed3d in windowed mode perfectly fine, all buttons and icons are selectable. But if i enter a larger windowed mode (desktop native res) of 1680x1050 i have to click well below the icons and buttons for them to register.

I have not started playing yet, but i would really like to in full screen :(

I just updated my other thread but a quick post here.

AndyJ sent me his 4 meg of update files for his r60 build and the ICONS WORK !!! I can change screen they all change correctly this looks like a possible FULL FIX !!!! WOW !!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek: :smilie::smilie::smilie::smilie:
Man I am SO rapt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great to see you've got a version where the icons work; I know you were so disappointed before :smilie:
Is this a version where the targets appear on bombing missions and the bb videos work too?

Last edited by a moderator:
People who downloaded my version should reconnect their torrent and start seeding so it doesn't take days for other people to download.

Oh yeah if anyone has the videos, especially in avi format let me know, maybe I can get those working in my version as well.

Last edited:

Yaaay! Glad this issue has finally been nailed.:smilie: Well done AndyJ :cool:

I never saw the originals, but those don't have animation or sound. They look like the pics from Frontier Elite II.
That's what they are :(
By the way, this Torrent business isn't working for me at all. Grinds to a halt and tells me there's 2 days and 8 hours to go!

I never saw the originals, but those don't have animation or sound. They look like the pics from Frontier Elite II.
You can download the correct FFE videos (and other useful resources) from this page:

http://ffeartpage.com/utility.htm

Direct download link to the FFE videos:

http://ffeartpage.com/util/ffevid.zip

By the way - I tried the beta. It looks good! There seemed to be some missing textures on living planets though - water just looks like a plain block of colour.

Is this just because it's still in beta?

Back
Top Bottom