The Galactic Mapping Project & Historical Archive of Exploration

.... But on the other hand, there are also cliffs and mountains realistically mantled in erosional apron deposits, drainage deltas, and a bunch of other cool features appearing at every scale.
habe you realized such tiny (but quite logical) details like boulders massing up on the bottom of deep canyons?
for me these are the things which make up am immersive feeling (to me)

Since the Ovomly sector's description (reference: Ovomly AA-A h22) that I once wrote is outdated (and even referenced the sector as a region, a term that's now in-game and used differently), I thought I'd write an updated version of it:

"The Ovomly sector in the Vulcan Gate region was notable for being unaccessible in the early days of exploration, when not only could frame shift drives not lock on to its systems, but querying their data from the galaxy map had also produced glitches in ship computers. However, once Universal Cartographics fixed the data corruption issue, the sector became accessible once again. Subsequent explorers found no anomalies in the sector, and after the initial scouting, it attracted little attention. Some years later, the Ovomly sector became an area of interest once again when unique Notable Stellar Phenomena were found there: torus molluscs, the only known spaceborne lifeforms that live near white dwarf stars."

Last edited:
Since the Ovomly sector's description (reference: Ovomly AA-A h22) that I once wrote is outdated (and even referenced the sector as a region, a term that's now in-game and used differently), I thought I'd write an updated version of it:

"The Ovomly sector in the Vulcan Gate region was notable for being unaccessible in the early days of exploration, when not only could frame shift drives not lock on to its systems, but querying their data from the galaxy map had also produced glitches in ship computers. However, once Universal Cartographics fixed the data corruption issue, the sector became accessible once again. Subsequent explorers found no anomalies in the sector, and after the initial scouting, it attracted little attention. Some years later, the Ovomly sector became an area of interest once again when unique Notable Stellar Phenomena were found there: torus molluscs, the only known spaceborne lifeforms that live near white dwarf stars."
Updated.

I have a few EDO client POIs I'm holding back for the moment. I'll post them when I know they're permanent, but I'm suspecting they're going to change with the optimizations or re-baking of the height maps during beta, or for the console release. So I guess its a case of bookmarking our POIs and playing the waiting game?, then checking them again after the console release?

Greetings Commanders,

In view of the new rules laid down by EDO, I would like to submit this proposal to you below, knowing that for the moment it is complicated to determine whether this will be rare or common in the future.

Name:Mount Pallas
Game map search ref:System: Heart Sector YJ-A c9
Planet: A 5
Description:Discovered during the Artemis Biological Survey expedition, this particular mountain range can be seen from space. At very high altitudes, the icy pole of the planet can be seen surrounded by the mountain barrier, which ends in a singular peak rising above the horizon, crossing two different biological biomes.
It reaches a height of over 9 kilometres. From the top, we can clearly see the different features of the planet. However, this is only accessible with a small ship. On the other side is a dark plain as far as the eye can see. But, if you look up to the sky you can see a beautiful starry sky and Heart and Soul nebulae.

Located on a high metal content stellar body, the surface temperature varies between 116k and 227k. Atmosphere type is carbon dioxide (99.0% carbon dioxide and 1.0% sulphur dioxide). It is composed of three different exobiological species but rather common in worlds of the same type (Tussock Ignis, Stratum Tectonicas, Bacterium Aurasus).

Named Mount Pallas in reference to Greek mythology. Pallas was one of the Gigantes (Giants), the offspring of Gaia, born from the blood of Uranus. According to the mythographer Apollodorus, during the Gigantomachy, the cosmic battle of the Giants with the Olympian gods, he was flayed by Athena.
If you fall from above, there is a risk of flaying. Caution should be exercised.
Screenshot reference:
M6Gaaad.jpg

yenio5S.png

1N3U8fh.png

Last edited:
NameIcarus Home
Game Map serch ref.GRU EORK OH-R B51
Plamet A1
DescriptionA world with a high metal content that orbits the central star (M-Class) in just 6 LS. The star dominates the panorama and enables a spectacular sight. The surface temperature ranges from 628k - 1228k degrees Kelvin. Entering the surface is impossible.

The planet was named Icarus World, based on the flight of Icarus to the sun. Icarus is the son of Daidalos in Greek mythology. Icarus flew too close to the sun with his wings, which were made of feathers and wax, whereupon the feathers came loose and he fell into the sea.
Screenshots
Elite Dangerous Screenshot 2021.06.19 - 15.02.05.13.jpg
Elite Dangerous Screenshot 2021.06.19 - 15.04.41.32.jpg
Elite Dangerous Screenshot 2021.06.19 - 15.05.55.73.jpg

Cmdr Ragnor 1309

Last edited:
NameIcarus Home
Game Map serch ref.GRU EORK OH-R B51
Plamet A1
DescriptionA world with a high metal content that orbits the central star (M-Class) in just 6 LS. The star dominates the panorama and enables a spectacular sight. The surface temperature ranges from 628k - 1228k degrees Kelvin. Entering the surface is impossible.

The planet was named Icarus World, based on the flight of Icarus to the sun. Icarus is the son of Daidalos in Greek mythology. Icarus flew too close to the sun with his wings, which were made of feathers and wax, whereupon the feathers came loose and he fell into the sea.

I'm not trying to be discouraging, but I was curious if there was anything else also particularly interesting about this planet? I ask because there are hundreds of thousands of known HMCs orbiting closer to the star.

These close-orbiting hot planets are always fun to find though! ;)

I'm not trying to be discouraging, but I was curious if there was anything else also particularly interesting about this planet? I ask because there are hundreds of thousands of known HMCs orbiting closer to the star.

These close-orbiting hot planets are always fun to find though! ;)
no not really special about this planet. Its just a stunning view. I thought it would be interessting. If not, no problem:)

Name:Mystic Beast
Game map search ref:Greae Phoea IZ-M d8-1872 C2
Description:Planet found at the chance of my wanderings in the galaxy.
The continent og this EWL takes the shape of a mythological beast, like a heraldic lion.
Screenshot reference:
Greae-Phoea-IZ-M-d8-1872-33070612-115518.png

Name:The Gardens of Artemis
Game map search ref:System: Kyloagh PE-G d11-86
Description:Discovered on the return leg of the Artemis Corporation (ATC) "First Footfalls" expedition to Erickson's Star, this system is just teeming with life, exhibiting 112 biological signals including 11 planets with 7+ bio signals each. With a total of 61 celestial bodies to explore, this huge system has something for everyone, including a ringed water world (planet 6) and a valuable High Metals Content world (planet 4).

For the thargoid enthusiasts out there, there are Non-Human Signatures on Planet 1, a rarity this far from the bubble! (these signatures seem to come and go, so results may vary)

Located 4,440 Ly West of Colonia with views of the Carnival Grounds in the distance and on a direct path to Erickson's Star, it is worth a stop for aspiring exobiologists and explorers. There is even a double tritium overlap just 14 Ly away in Kyloagh WK-T b47-8 (Planet 1).

It was named "The Gardens of Artemis" after the Greek goddess of the Hunt, the wilderness, and wild animals, as well as being the namesake of the Squadron that undertook the expedition (and also the flight suit used to collect all those bio samples). This system was discovered by the expedition co-leader CMDR Rythmus Blaster as his Krait Phantom explorer "Space Madness" was inadvertently left behind by the expedition carrier. After taking the time to explore and sample this unique system, he arrived at Colonia a week after his own carrier "ATC Archimedes" and his expedition mates.
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021

Last edited:
Yep 100% sure there was a NHSS on planet 1 A. The pic above shows the source. The 2nd time I flew by, there appeared to be 3 NHSS, but its possible that was a bug with Odyssey. 3rd time i landed again and took the above picture, there was 1 NHSS. I tried scanning that little guy, shooting, really could not interact with it in any way. I am not an expert on Thargoids or NHSS.
unknown.png

unknown.png

SO i went back to the system and now there is no NHSS... It was a surface NHSS, not a space based one. I'm exploring the area to see if there are any other NHSS in the local area.

So I'll remove the bit about the NHSS i guess? I explored about 10 systems in the vicinity and found no other NHSS, but did find a double tritium overlap!

Kyloagh WK-T b47-8

I edited my original submission to remove the NHSS and add this double overlap, which is handy, as I need a bit more tritium to get back to the bubble now!

unknown.png
unknown.png

Name:Hell's Furnace
Game map search ref:Wepua FG-Y g9
Description:A system with a black hole, two neutron stars and a white dwarf. One neutron star orbits a black hole only 23ls away
Screenshot reference:
Elite Dangerous_2021.06.17-21.43.png
Elite Dangerous_2021.06.17-21.17.jpg
Elite Dangerous_2021.06.17-21.18_1.jpg
Elite Dangerous_2021.06.17-21.32_1.jpg
Elite Dangerous_2021.06.17-21.58.jpg
Elite Dangerous_2021.06.17-22.00.jpg

Attachments

• Elite Dangerous_2021.06.17-21.18_1.jpg
    Elite Dangerous_2021.06.17-21.18_1.jpg
    464.9 KB · Views: 42
  • Elite Dangerous_2021.06.17-21.32_1.jpg