The Galactic Mapping Project & Historical Archive of Exploration

Phoenix Blue, your screenshots are stunning! Are you on Ultra, and HD pics? My shots look nothing like this!

This forum is dangerous! I definitely want to see that blue/green world, i'm right beside Malcom's world currently, and the 12 bio signal one #5369 is not far from the bubble, that is pretty awesome! Keep it up CMDRs!

Last edited:
Thanks again for checking those out!

We'll be rethinking the way volcanism is recorded. Its obviously a very common feature, but in Horizons it was a little easier to add them as POIs since some were quite densely compact at localized sites. So far in EDO they're spread across 100s of kms. Hopefully there'll still be locations within those planet-wide biomes that have exceptionally high concentrations of vents, fumaroles, geysers etc.

I'm certain that's the case, I have seen very high concentrations of vulcanism on some areas and after a lot of searching I finally managed to find an area with a high concentration of geysers, big geysers, the problem is we no longer have a proper heatmap so it's rather down to luck than anything else;

qwQ2o93.png

Last edited:
Hi GMP Admins.

I have a couple of updates for the GMP.
The first is a rather late submission of the deployed location of the DSSA Carrier 'Shepard's Dream' to be an official POI.
Location - Thuechoea ZE-A g0
Date of deployment - 21st January 2021

If you need any more info please let me know o7

Attachments

• Shepards Dream Deployed.jpg
    Shepards Dream Deployed.jpg
    921 KB · Views: 103
  • DSSA Shepards Dream.jpg
    DSSA Shepards Dream.jpg
    1,017.4 KB · Views: 111
My second submission is for an update of the "Elite's Largest Expeditions - 350 or more participants" table from page 1 of this thread.
The Apollo 15 Anniversary Expedition had 571 sign ups. Making it the 5th most successful on the list.

Many thanks.

CMDR Yanick
Lead Organiser A15X

Attachments

• a15x numbers.jpg
    a15x numbers.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 68
HL Lupis is not just a difficult-to-reach system. It is one-way trip that requires a neutron boost in Dryo Ausms DS-I D10-0 and also some FSD injections or WDs boosts before to reach the neutron star. I highly recommend to add this to the system`s description, so long range explorers will not waste their time to understand at last that this is one-way trip and rookies won`t find themselves trapped there.
Well, that would have been useful...:mad:
Adding now.

A later update to this: this system won a place in the ELW tourist beacon competition, and I'll be updating the text here to reference this and include information on the beacon when the beacons get added to the game. Frontier said it will be by Oct. 28, I assume they'll be in when Update 8 goes live. So, the description text here isn't entirely final yet.

Name:Gardens of Edirne
Game map search ref:Thraikoo FL-P d5-97
Description:Situated near the Thracian nebula in the Vulcan Gate region, this system is abundant with various kinds of life. First, there is an Earth-like world (ABCD 1), lit by the four stars that it co-orbits, which is a rare phenomenon in itself. There is much more to this system, however: there are several bodies with various kinds of thin atmospheres, but ABCD 4 a stands out among them: it's a moon that houses 9 different kinds of species, with a carbon dioxide atmosphere. The Thracian nebula is also close enough that explorers can find the rare bioluminescent Electricae Radialem in this system. Combined with the other landable planets, explorers who stop by here can find at least one species from 10 different genuses, out of the 15 that were known at the time of writing.
Screenshot reference:

Last edited:
Name:Cupid and Psyche
Game map search ref:Dryoea Flyi BB-W d2-223
Description:This pair of Earth-like worlds are in an extremely rare configuration: they are both "moons" of a star. Only 4 other pairs are known at the time of writing, but these are by far the closest of them all with a break-neck orbital period of just under 8 hours.
Screenshot reference:
xJYtORp.png

This forum is dangerous! I definitely want to see that blue/green world, i'm right beside Malcom's world currently, and the 12 bio signal one #5369 is not far from the bubble, that is pretty awesome! Keep it up CMDRs!

Yes to Ultra, but those are the standard-definition versions of the pictures. :) But the depth-of-field controls can make your images seem very sharp!

Name:Tenebrae Jewels
Game map search ref:Byai Airgh WD-K d8-0
Description:This system is in the Tenebrae region in the galactic far East, near Goliath's Sling. Explorers on the way to Magellan's Star will find this system worth the stop.

Two Notable Stellar Phenomena and an Earth Like World are present, in this otherwise sparse area of the Galaxy.

There is another Notable Stellar Phenomena and 3 water worlds in an adjacent system as well: Byai Airgh WD-K d8-4
Screenshot reference:
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Last edited:
Name:Bague ornée de Bijoux (Use the name the tourist beacon will be called)
Game map search ref:DRYAO PHYLIO AA-A H410
Description:Situated atop the galaxy, this quad black hole system is home to an incredibly rare Earth-like world orbiting a ringed M class star, it comes with a fantastic view of the rings and of other bodies orbiting the star. The system orbiting the star also composes of other bodies. One pair, orbiting each other with a rapid orbit of 9 hours under the blazing sun, causing heavy volcanism.

The system also holds all the required materials to easily inject your FSD!

It also features a tourist beacon! (or will, depending on when you look at it)
Screenshot references:
359320_20210810165248_1.png
20210810160902_1.jpg
20210810162116_1.jpg
20210810152858_1.jpg
20210810153253_1.jpg

Last edited:
Hi GMP Admins.

I have a couple of updates for the GMP.
The first is a rather late submission of the deployed location of the DSSA Carrier 'Shepard's Dream' to be an official POI.
Location - Thuechoea ZE-A g0
Date of deployment - 21st January 2021

If you need any more info please let me know o7

Hey Yanick 👋

Can you resubmit this with more info? Check the example in the linked thread for the format and details we need.

No, this is for POI submissions. For flight logs, you'll need to first log into EDSM and then use the uploader here:

https://www.edsm.net/en/settings/import/journal
Very cool. It has been uploading for hours. I'd forgotten some of the craft it says I flew. So many were not memorable at all...hence their trade-in.
I'll try to submit some POIs later when I get a break. Is there any criteria for submission, or do we just submit cool stuff we find?

The guidelines are :
  • Candidate entries should be something unique or rare. This can be anything from statistical record breakers or visually spectacular locations to places of historical interest or with interesting stories behind them. A good rule of thumb is this: “Would another explorer be willing to travel thousands of LYs to visit this place?”
  • Your entry should be something you've visited personally. Please provide documentation of your visit in the form of screenshots or video. Any “glamour” image that you would like to see added to the map entry itself should preferably be resized to a with of 640 pixels.
  • Only choose names that fit within the spirit of the game. Please no silly phrases or POIs named after your commander. For ideas you can check out the real life astronomical naming conventions, or choose something completely different if you prefer - as long as it is sensible and not like this.
  • No renaming of real life places or FD named places. We are only replacing procedural names and not renaming catalogue stars like HD, HIP, etc.. However it is acceptable to submit an entry for a real-life astronomical object under its real name.
  • All submissions should be considered as player created fiction only. If FD rename any in-game POIs for whatever reason, the GMP will follow suit and rename entries to whatever FD do.
  • All submissions are treated in the chronological order they were submitted to this thread, regardless on whether the person submitting the entry has in-game 'tagged' it or not. Please bear in mind that the GMP team update entries and EDSM in their spare time so on the whole we will use this thread for the vast majority of entries. It is unpractical and too time-consuming to scour other threads for POI names explorers have made mention of.
  • Older POIs usually stay on the map even if the game evolves to make them less rare finds. One example of this is Jumponium-Rich systems. These used to require a lot of effort to find and verify, but new scanning mechanics have made it much easier and they are no longer considered rare. But to honor the hard work originally put into locating these, we are not removing the ones already on the map.
  • Added May 2020 : Exploration rarities and statistics - what to look for. A comprehensive guide by Heavy Johnson (GMP team member).

Hey Yanick 👋

Can you resubmit this with more info? Check the example in the linked thread for the format and details we need.

Carrier’s Insignia:
Patch small.png
Carrier Name:DSSA Shepard's Dream
Carrier Class:Drake Class
Designated Region:Outer Scutum-Centaurus Arm
System:

Thuechoea ZE-A g0

Commission Date (date signed up to the DSSA):3rd April 3306
Carrier Construction Date:10th October 3306
Construction Location:MacDonald Settlement, Alcor
Maiden Jump(s):Keplar Gateway, Kruger 60 (10th October 3306)
In-service Date (date the vessel began its DSSA service):21st January 3307
Services Available:Repair, Refuel, Armory, Shipyard, Outfitting, Universal Cartographics, Redemption Office
Tariff % Set:20%
Commodities Bought/Sold on Carrier:N/A
Nearest Tritium Hotspot:Unknown at this time
Carrier Info (optional):'DSSA Shepard's Dream' is a donation from the Mercury 7 Explorers to the DSSA.
Named after Alan B Shepard, the first American in space and the fifth human to set foot upon another world.
It was deployed to the remote Abyssal Plain region of the galaxy at the end of the expedition called
'Mercury's Wings'.
Screenshot:
Shepards Dream Deployed.jpg

Attachments

• Patch basis.jpg
    Patch basis.jpg
    576.8 KB · Views: 54
  • Patch small.png
    Patch small.png
    366.6 KB · Views: 56
  • Patch small.png
    Patch small.png
    365.7 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Carrier’s Insignia:View attachment 257551
Carrier Name:DSSA Shepard's Dream
Carrier Class:Drake Class
Designated Region:Outer Scutum-Centaurus Arm
System:

Thuechoea ZE-A g0

Commission Date (date signed up to the DSSA):3rd April 3306
Carrier Construction Date:10th October 3306
Construction Location:MacDonald Settlement, Alcor
Maiden Jump(s):Keplar Gateway, Kruger 60 (10th October 3306)
In-service Date (date the vessel began its DSSA service):21st January 3307
Services Available:Repair, Refuel, Armory, Shipyard, Outfitting, Universal Cartographics, Redemption Office
Tariff % Set:20%
Commodities Bought/Sold on Carrier:N/A
Nearest Tritium Hotspot:Unknown at this time
Carrier Info (optional):'DSSA Shepard's Dream' is a donation from the Mercury 7 Explorers to the DSSA.
Named after Alan B Shepard, the first American in space and the fifth human to set foot upon another world.
It was deployed to the remote Abyssal Plain region of the galaxy at the end of the expedition called
'Mercury's Wings'.
Screenshot:View attachment 257534

This has now been added (y)

Top Bottom