The mirroring reinforces the suspicion that they were placed on purpose. The only thing I can think of are Bearing Rate Graphs. However, they are not mirror symmetrical. Also, you don't see any scale. And always only one contact. Maybe its only in Stations were Bugstuff (Targoid sensors etc.) has been sold?
I recorded those signals 6 years ago in v.2.1.0.5 on twitch.
Thargoids had not been revealed, however the UA/UL may have been a reality at that time.

However, I think the signals was detected a bit earlier (I suspect it was with 2.0, in 2015), at the time we were investigating all kind of signals.
The Transmission towers were just one of the cases together with the 'galaxy mountain signal' and some of the others.

I'm not skilled in poetry but I have a question about the DW toast. Are there any rare so named verse size or meter? Something antique...

speaking of a place that is not a place, it's an orbital station! think for yourself, a place means a place that is located in the same place, and a station is like a place, but it also does not stand still. a door that is also a key, is the door a hyperjump? it turns out we are looking for a specific station, and the station should be quite old

The mirroring reinforces the suspicion that they were placed on purpose. The only thing I can think of are Bearing Rate Graphs. However, they are not mirror symmetrical. Also, you don't see any scale. And always only one contact. Maybe its only in Stations were Bugstuff (Targoid sensors etc.) has been sold?
Bear in mind thats some sound effects processors like ring modulator and resample can produce spectral mirror of this type. Horizontal lines are sustained tones and vertical lines are clicks, both of which are audible in the normal traffic noises.

Deleted member 274977

D
While recently on Kepler's Crest and Formidine Rift, I received some strange signals there similar to the sound of a child's toy. I received the same signal at Jameson Memorial Station when I returned from my short trip. Unfortunately, I don't have a tool to record these signals. If you give me such a tool, I will fly there again in the hope of recording them.

While recently on Kepler's Crest and Formidine Rift, I received some strange signals there similar to the sound of a child's toy. I received the same signal at Jameson Memorial Station when I returned from my short trip. Unfortunately, I don't have a tool to record these signals. If you give me such a tool, I will fly there again in the hope of recording them.

OK, had a chat with Cmdr Koben about the mysterious interview where DB apparently discussed Raxxla revealing itself & he’s agreed to make the conversation available to see if it jars any memories:

Me:
I’m still involved with the Quest for Raxxla, though it’s gone on a bit of a back burner for me after so many failed hypotheses...I’m trying to track down the DB interview that you reported in
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-quest-to-find-raxxla.168253/post-8194682

“Someone asked him about Raxxla and the answer was:
DB: "- It would be more likelly to reveal itself to a group of players."
Interviewer: "- How so?"
DB: "- If you are at the right place and you scan it enough..."
Interviewer: "- Advanced scanner or the basic one?"
DB: "- Basic scanning is enough."
Interviewer: "- But you have to be Elite..."
DB: "- You have to be Elite." “

Did you have any success in finding the video?
Do you remember who the interviewer was?
Any better recollection of the date? Any real world events at the time?
Was it YouTube or Twitter?
Did you find it by chance, or were you subscribed to the interviewer’s channel?
Was it definitely DB & not MB (who was usually the one to give out clues)?

Koben:
About that interview... this I can tell you for sure... that Frontier took it off.
1. I found it on the official Elite Dangerous youtube channel;
2. I was watching developers diaries videos and found this interview about Horizons launch;
3. There were several videos with Braben being interviewed and this one was about features in Horizons and at the very end of the video was this short interview.

My guess is that they have changed the whole mechanics to find Raxxla and the invitation process to the DarkWheel... and most likely you have to complete a number of certain "hidden tasks" in order to trigger a DarkWheel invitation.

For example, (as I have 2 accounts and I could compare this...) I went to the Guardian sites to complete the Ram Tah CR100Mi quest and I only got the messages during obelisk scanning after have visited Colonia and/or Sargitarius A blackhole. Did the same with the second account and I could confirm that... the first time I did the mission I was scanning obelisks and never received a confirmation message after each scan... then after a while and have visited Colonia and SargA then I did it again and it "work as intended" same with my alt account a few months back.

Another thing is whenever I got tripple Elite I received a friendship invitation from a "player"... "Maddogdiver" on my main account, but as I was flying with several friends and taking part on many Discord events, I didn't pay too much attention to that. But then I decided to get tripple Elite on my 2nd account. Guess what, I have NO friends on that account and I got the very same "player" sending me a friend request. Another similar thing happended when I started killing every single thargoids that would hyperdict me... even bug combos... after several of these scenarios completed, I got hyperdicted and killed a basilisk with 2 cyclops... got a invite from "Matewad" (have to double check the player name).

So yeah, there's something more to it... the game seems to expect us to visit the whole galaxy (all regions), master killing thargoids, find and scan alien civilizations... and maybe the DarkWheel would ask us to join them. As they say that they'd reveal their real selves once we prove capable.

Yeah, pay attention to your friend requests...

Me:
I dont remember any strange friend requests when I got my triple elite, but it was a while ago.

So it sounds like the interview was related to the Horizons release, which shifts the timeframe a bit, Ive been searching from the very beginning. But even if FD removed the video there should still be some player comments about it somewhere in the forums, or on Reddit. And if it’s Horizons-related then that might answer why I seem to remember it, as I started to get involved just before then and did watch all the livestreams etc at the time.

I seem to remember that Ram Tah mission was bugged and not appearing for a while. But you never know with FD!

Would you be happy for me to post your response above across into the Quest for Raxxla thread? It might jar some memories.

P.S.
On the Elite Dangerous YT site there’s a video “On the Horizon episode 4” dated 4Nov2015. Can’t find any instance of episodes 1, 2 or 3!!!

Koben:
That is indeed interesting!! (Regarding the missing "on the horizon" episodes)

About the friend request, keep an eye out... the last one I received was even stranger once I received it and de-received maybe because I ran off a couple thargoids, then re-received it again after killing a medusa and went to do some challenges for AXI and as I ran off again several times, I no longer have this guy is in my friends list. Really weird... all happened withing a week time.

Concerning posting it on the forums, yeah, why not... don't think it will cause any harm.

SO-any memories stirred??? 🙂

Here’s what I’ve found so far based upon the title description “on the horizon”.

Note I’ve not done an extensive search, this is just via Google, I’ve not expanded the search to other engines, nor the way back machine.

For future reference; and I’m aware many here are probably aware too, various search engines use different indexes, aggregators and hit-charts. One may turn up results where others won’t, searches will also be based upon how ‘popular’ said elements are…also using “x” as well as “x” and “x”; might bring up more. As well as other tricks.

There are several hours of talking heads here…

On The Horizon: How to Make a Real World

On the Horizon - 2.3 The Commanders Beta Livestream Part 1

On the Horizon Episode 5 - Collectables

On the Horizon – Beta Feedback

On the Horizon – Countdown to The Engineers Beta: Part 2

Horizons Launch Livestream: On the Horizon Episode 7 - Permission to Land

Then this bunch:

Last edited:
Here’s what I’ve found so far based upon the title description “on the horizon”.

Note I’ve not done an extensive search, this is just via Google, I’ve not expanded the search to other engines, nor the way back machine.

For future reference; and I’m aware many here are probably aware too, various search engines use different indexes, aggregators and hit-charts. One may turn up results where others won’t, searches will also be based upon how ‘popular’ said elements are…also using “x” as well as “x” and “x”; might bring up more. As well as other tricks.

Then this bunch:
Well done, I’m a bit of a luddite with search engines!

The trouble is that as its a video interview got to watch them all the way through to check!
This is going to take a lotta time!

Last edited:
I'm glad someone brought up the subject of the Dark Wheel invite.

What I take away from the Codex entry on DW is that they've had an undetectable spaceport somewhere for ages (the shape of which gave the faction name), and the only way to enter it , it's by invitation only, after a test.

Raxxla is as old as Dark Wheel. And it is (in my opinion) not a place; this is the recruitment test, the outcome of which leads to the invitation aboard DW's spaceport.

If Raxxla is a test, then DW's toast could point to things to bring to them, as a token of understanding of the test.

It seems to me quite possible that these things refer to all possible activities in the game. For example, "the jewel (opal) on the forehead of the mother of all galaxies (void)" = Void Opal, obtainable only by mining. (text are translated from French)

"The Siren of Nothingness" = a Thargoid heart, obtainable only in combat.

"The grief (memorial) of a parent (family), the sadness (tears, water) of a lover" = Water of Shintara at Jameson Memorial, Obtainable in trade, for Elites only.

"The desire of our wandering hearts" = trinkets of hidden fortune? Ancient key? Something historically related to DW? SAP 8 thing?

All these items have to be delivered somewhere. It could be Shinrarta Dezhra (it would confirm that DW there would be authentic), Delphi's thargoid site (Omphalos Rift), Soontil (another possibly "hidden" Omphalos Rift)..

I hope it is not necessary to be Elite in combat, because it is really very long to go up. And I'm not yet.

Given that the quest is aimed at experienced players, it seems to me possible that you have to be triple Elite and involved in all the activities of the game.

Last edited:

Deleted member 274977

D
I'm glad someone brought up the subject of the Dark Wheel invite.

What I take away from the Codex entry on DW is that they've had an undetectable spaceport somewhere for ages (the shape of which gave the faction name), and the only way to enter it , it's by invitation only, after a test.

Raxxla is as old as Dark Wheel. And it is (in my opinion) not a place; this is the recruitment test, the outcome of which leads to the invitation aboard DW's spaceport.

If Raxxla is a test, then DW's toast could point to things to bring to them, as a token of understanding of the test.

It seems to me quite possible that these things refer to all possible activities in the game. For example, "the jewel (opal) on the forehead of the mother of all galaxies (void)" = Void Opal, obtainable only by mining. (text are translated from French)

"The Siren of Nothingness" = a Thargoid heart, obtainable only in combat.

"The grief (memorial) of a parent (family), the sadness (tears, water) of a lover" = Water of Shintara at Jameson Memorial, Obtainable in trade, for Elites only.

"The desire of our wandering hearts" = trinkets of hidden fortune? Ancient key? Something historically related to DW? SAP 8 thing?

All these items have to be delivered somewhere. It could be Shinrarta Dezhra (it would confirm that DW there would be authentic), Delphi's thargoid site (Omphalos Rift), Soontil (another possibly "hidden" Omphalos Rift)..

I hope it is not necessary to be Elite in combat, because it is really very long to go up. And I'm not yet.

Given that the quest is aimed at experienced players, it seems to me possible that you have to be triple Elite and involved in all the activities of the game.
There is one universal tool that will help us figure this out: https://www.johnniewalker.com/en/

Then this bunch:
Mmm, cant openthe permission to land vid link for some reason.
Some of the others are too late ( Horizons was 15Dec2015, so around or before that date), or dont include DB (though I would include looking for MB, Sandro or Adam BW as well, just in case it wasnt DB).

Last edited:
Wandering hearts is more likely to be thargoid hearts-hearts that move around. So what do thargoids want-metaalloys?
I'm volunteer to try this :)

2 questions :
Where can you find trinkets of hidden fortune?
Is there a way to increase your rank in combat quickly?

oh, be careful with the old MB videos: the conditions for discovering Raxxla may have changed over time, especially since the appearance of Raxxla in the Codex. Deleting videos can mean that they either give too much of a clue, or they have become outdated.

I'm volunteer to try this :)

2 questions :
Where can you find trinkets of hidden fortune?
Is there a way to increase your rank in combat quickly?

oh, be careful with the old MB videos: the conditions for discovering Raxxla may have changed over time, especially since the appearance of Raxxla in the Codex. Deleting videos can mean that they either give too much of a clue, or they have become outdated.
Trinkets can be found they say, I still have a couple in my carrier.

Combat rank: Well, I had just too much fun in HI-RES and CZ using big ships (Python/Conda/Cutter etc), so it just happened. I would advise against 'grinding it', just let it happen over time. Find some NPC combat you appreciate, enjoy it. It will take a bit of time, but have fun doing it. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom