Im not being negative it was mentioned in one of DBOBE's ibterviews that Raxxla was in the game and players can find it. This was before Horizons and planetary landings etc
Sorry. Finding does not mean understanding what you have found, much less interacting with that object.

Sorry. Finding does not mean understanding what you have found, much less interacting with that object.
Whilst i do agree with that sentiment that it can be found at all in the base game would in itself mean it can be found not by landing on planets but more moving around in space 🤔

It was this i was referring to, for all we know it might be locked behind a forcefield or something we cant access but without finding it properly and examining it we wont know for sure its all just conjecture and speculation.

Raxxla could be in a permit locked sector but the way to access it could be a hidden gateway (a door that is also the key)?
Interesting, perhaps there is ONE star that lets you into an area that is mostly permit locked… and then a series of unlocked stars within to raxxla at the end. The route plotter would never follow this because it’s a dead end so it would always route around it automatically.

…. furthermore, the story of seeing raxxla by @earth-traveller could be explained by somehow the route plotter accidentally finding a way through under just the right conditions (or a bug) that wouldn’t normally occur

Last edited:
Interesting, perhaps there is ONE star that lets you into an area that is mostly permit locked… and then a series of unlocked stars within to raxxla at the end. The route plotter would never follow this because it’s a dead end so it would always route around it automatically.

…. furthermore, the story of seeing raxxla by @earth-traveller could be explained by somehow the route plotter accidentally finding a way through under just the right conditions (or a bug) that wouldn’t normally occur
Key. There's the story of Salvation. Who would have found this chain of bases without the first post ?

Key. There's the story of Salvation. Who would have found this chain of bases without the first post ?
I'm not familiar with the Salvation story, is there a good summary I can read? What I did notice last night was this....

COL 70 seems to be entirely locked and is within the area we are looking right now (@Macros Black 's Operation Bubble To Barnard's Loop) ... or is it entirely locked? I spent far too long just clicking around the galaxy map trying to find any Col 70 systems that were not permit locked, didn't find any but I am quite sure I missed alot, was very hard to keep track. Does anyone know, are there any 3rd party tools to somehow look at this or are we restricted to using the in-game galaxy map for this analysis? I also could not find any filters or settings that would show permit vs. non-permit, you seem to just have to click on it to see if it's locked or not. My hypothesis is there could be gateway way into a large permit locked area consisting of a single system or chain of systems.. perhaps Raxxla is the first star or perhaps it is further in, but that a route plotter well never find this because it is a dead-end with no way out. It's possible that Col 70 and other areas that became entirely permit locked more recently needed to become that way because of fleet carriers increasing the max jump to 500ly might have provided another way in.

I'm not familiar with the Salvation story, is there a good summary I can read? What I did notice last night was this....

COL 70 seems to be entirely locked and is within the area we are looking right now (@Macros Black 's Operation Bubble To Barnard's Loop) ... or is it entirely locked? I spent far too long just clicking around the galaxy map trying to find any Col 70 systems that were not permit locked, didn't find any but I am quite sure I missed alot, was very hard to keep track. Does anyone know, are there any 3rd party tools to somehow look at this or are we restricted to using the in-game galaxy map for this analysis? I also could not find any filters or settings that would show permit vs. non-permit, you seem to just have to click on it to see if it's locked or not. My hypothesis is there could be gateway way into a large permit locked area consisting of a single system or chain of systems.. perhaps Raxxla is the first star or perhaps it is further in, but that a route plotter well never find this because it is a dead-end with no way out. It's possible that Col 70 and other areas that became entirely permit locked more recently needed to become that way because of fleet carriers increasing the max jump to 500ly might have provided another way in.
no 3rd party tolls for procedural genarated stuff. but Bravada Cadelanne made a short vid that may give an better overview.
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t15fxQdmHU

Last edited:
Think Col 70 Sector is locked off; there were rumors about a Wreaken construction site and a dead body in Col 70 Sector, see https://www.edsm.net/en/system/id/2136479/name/Col+70+Sector+PY-Q+d5-16.

The only way I know of to examine the sector is to use the Next button (in Horizons) to if all the systems in Col 70 Sector are permit locked (by a very patient CMDR...)
FYI - the Next button only cycles through 100 systems. So you'd need to construct your searches appropriately.

Went to Synuefe GY-O C7-0 other day, fuel stars taking me on a route between synuefe ox-c c15-9 and synuefe en-q c6-1 with a 38.65 jump range. Somewhere between those were three systems in a row that had degraded emission signals, the middle one showing 6. going back there in a bit to search systems surrounding to see if any higher concentrations, and/or try to find sources.

From the story of @earth-traveller I'm beginning to think that Raxxla might be really close to a star.
If he saw it in the nav panel, a planet/object named Raxxla would only appear if you're close to it.

I doubt that at that time when he saw it was within 1000ls like some POIs might appear now.
For this reason I'm starting to think its around the star, a part of an asteroid cluster and it appeared in the nav panel.

It makes the most sense to me - you jump to a new system, look at the nav panel to see where you are, maybe look at the system map if there is anything interesting etc.
Now I don't know about you but I was flying mostly with "Asteroid cluster" filtered out. If he was not using it this filter, and as he said that he was on his way back to the bubble to turn in his merits, I assume that he must have been just system hopping on the way back.

From the story of @earth-traveller I'm beginning to think that Raxxla might be really close to a star.
If he saw it in the nav panel, a planet/object named Raxxla would only appear if you're close to it.

I doubt that at that time when he saw it was within 1000ls like some POIs might appear now.
For this reason I'm starting to think its around the star, a part of an asteroid cluster and it appeared in the nav panel.

It makes the most sense to me - you jump to a new system, look at the nav panel to see where you are, maybe look at the system map if there is anything interesting etc.
Now I don't know about you but I was flying mostly with "Asteroid cluster" filtered out. If he was not using it this filter, and as he said that he was on his way back to the bubble to turn in his merits, I assume that he must have been just system hopping on the way back.
Hi there... never used system filter... did not even know that was a ting back then... and yep system hopping to get back fast...

The only way I know of to examine the sector is to use the Next button (in Horizons) to if all the systems in Col 70 Sector are permit locked (by a very patient CMDR...)

FYI - the Next button only cycles through 100 systems. So you'd need to construct your searches appropriately.

Ok so I am attempting to be the very patient commander cycling through every col 70 sector system in the galmap one at a time... I immediately encountered an anomaly perhaps someone can explain. I started off with COL 70 SECTOR AA-A and it shows a short list. I can cycle through them and the first five show permit locked, but the next eight look different in the list (see image below) and just zoom to empty space with NO description.... can anyone explain what those entries are? Why can't I see them at all in the galmap? (in realistic mode, it should show all right?) I'm using Odyssey, have not tired in Horizon

Edit: I've now checked the same in Horizons and only the first five appear, the other eight do not seem to exist in Horizons. Also, it is MUCH faster to check these in Odyssey as you don't even have to wait for the map to zoom to the location to see the permit lock, you can cycle through very quickly where is Horizons it has to scroll all the way to the location before you see the lock.
COL70SECTORAA-ACapture.PNG

Last edited:
Ok so I am attempting to be the very patient commander cycling through every col 70 sector system in the galmap one at a time... I immediately encountered an anomaly perhaps someone can explain. I started off with COL 70 SECTOR AA-A and it shows a short list. I can cycle through them and the first five show permit locked, but the next eight look different in the list (see image below) and just zoom to empty space with NO description.... can anyone explain what those entries are? Why can't I see them at all in the galmap? (in realistic mode, it should show all right?) I'm using Odyssey, have not tired in Horizon

Edit: I've now checked the same in Horizons and only the first five appear, the other eight do not seem to exist in Horizons. Also, it is MUCH faster to check these in Odyssey as you don't even have to wait for the map to zoom to the location to see the permit lock, you can cycle through very quickly where is Horizons it has to scroll all the way to the location before you see the lock.
So from that icon in the Galaxy Map I can tell it's supposed to be something link to larger galactic structures, usually used for Nebulas, (for example if you look up the Pleiades Nebula it will have that icon then show the Nebula but no specific star) as to why it's showing up for what are clearly star IDs I have no clue (unless as I look closer they aren't actually star IDs but larger star clusters indicated by the naming convention "Col 70 XXXXXXXXX H13" instead of "Col 70 XXXXXXXXXX H13-X")

Last edited:
What do you mean ? Actually it is an on-board computer and it names all unknown planets by the star in the system with numbers. I.e. Raxxla in the panel will look like a set of numbers + star.
Do you think that on-board computers have Raxxla with coordinates?

What do you mean ? Actually it is an on-board computer and it names all unknown planets by the star in the system with numbers. I.e. Raxxla in the panel will look like a set of numbers + star.
Do you think that on-board computers have Raxxla with coordinates?
It was pree Odyssey and pree FSS...
At that time the D-scanner scanner the hole system...

Think Col 70 Sector is locked off; there were rumors about a Wreaken construction site and a dead body in Col 70 Sector, see https://www.edsm.net/en/system/id/2136479/name/Col+70+Sector+PY-Q+d5-16.

The reports of Wreaken construction site and a dead body in Col 70 Sector were to match the storyline in Drew Wagar’s second ED book Premonition. While it fitted Drew’s storyline it never seemed to me to fit the game storyline with Col 70 Sector being permit locked. Why would Wreaken build ships in a permit locked area that seemed to be locked because it was Thargoid space?

The reports of Wreaken construction site and a dead body in Col 70 Sector were to match the storyline in Drew Wagar’s second ED book Premonition. While it fitted Drew’s storyline it never seemed to me to fit the game storyline with Col 70 Sector being permit locked. Why would Wreaken build ships in a permit locked area that seemed to be locked because it was Thargoid space?
Yes, why indeed.

That region is humongous. That said I think there are some of the Col 70 sector systems at the very edges that are not locked. The region is exceptionally difficult to plot routes in because arms of dark dust come out from the main nebula. If you haven't been, there is a very interesting star cluster that is nearby (Trapezium cluster - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trapezium_Cluster ) that is absolutely worth visiting. I believe the battle location between the Thargoids and Guardians was somewhere near the Orion Nebula Tourist Centre in PMD2009 48. I think Canonn's Gnosis had it its infamous hyperdiction somewhere near there. I suspect that may have been a clue as to where to look to get deeper into that region.

Mission update: Operation Bubble To Barnard's Loop.

Number of systems in search area: 1002
Systems searched: 203
CMDR's searching: rOmiLaltYu, Macros Black, Aris Tarkus, Kafka, Kronos Jones
SystemnameNote
HIP 24580giant white star, neutron, and black hole
HIP 25818A 3: Bio signal. Blatteum Bioluminescent Anemone.
Horsehead Sector BR-U b3-0Bacterium on 1 body
Flame Sector MN-T b3-0Geo and bio rich system, ammonia based life and hydrogen gas giants.
Flame Sector DL-Y d4some biological
Flame Sector MT-Q b5-0Body 4: Double Tritium hotspot. Lots of Geo
HR 1764Geological sites throughout
Horsehead Sector LN-T C3-3biologicals - tussoc and bactericum among others

Join the search by sending me a PM with your Google mail account and I'll add you to the Goggle sheet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom