Lax quality control by FD when creating the Milky Way!
Couple of years ago I reported a duplicate system name but with totally different bodies out in IC1805 Sector; the issue report timed out and was dropped because nobody had supported it....I assume the duplicates are still out there.
Those are actually different stars:

Hydrus and Hydra are two very different constellations:

Im using Sketchup - importing data from eddb or in the case of the codex maps im just using the ingame grid map to get locations then putting them in a table (csv) and importing into Sketchup - then once ive got the points placed i take it into Photoshop to pretty things up.
My corrent views on this topic, after some investigation... I do belive this system is ither located on the right side of the bobble, or bewond and below (guadian space perhaps, coulsack, or more to the right?).
Note:;
-It seems to me that Fdevs intencionaly inverted the img so it would be harder to ID the system. (original is upside down)
-Notice the "dust shaped bird" that represent the stars gap (on the full galaxy map at the left.img) almost as no light on the left wing in the station view?
(this seems like a tangend view, as if you are looking at it from the right and not directly in front)

(keep in mind im no expert in trignometry.. i did all this only by looking at prespectives, and view points from galmap and alot of imgs trying to find the correct view point using the external camera)

(Please fell free to "math" the hell out of this, or use other tools to find it... i dont know how to use those ): :;:p

Attachments

• 2022-05-22 03_45_28-Elite - Dangerous (CLIENT)_2.png
    2022-05-22 03_45_28-Elite - Dangerous (CLIENT)_2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 354
when I was in shin dez, I looked at a similar pattern though it was off. the only thing I thought was it may line up in LFT509 but how would I know without that permit :(

Mission update: Operation Bubble To Barnard's Loop.

About half of the systems have now been scanned. Total number of Raxxla's found so far: 0

Thanks to Kafka for greatly improving the stats tab :)

Link to the Google sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y2z2m_53mCtIOSKKx_IuzvAiAiZgtsRGkMuxIICreT0/edit?usp=sharing

PM me your Google account email and I'll add you to the list of editors.
if you are half way, anychange you are near sagitarios A?
I would like to discart this idea, if you have the time.
SAP 8 containers = Sag A Planet 8 C ? or Star A planet 8 c ?

Last edited:
if you are half way, anychange you are near sagitarios A?
I would like to discart this idea, if you have the time.
SAP 8 containers = Sag A Planet 8 C ? or Star A planet 8 c ?
We are nowhere near SagA*, CMDR. Sorry.

To your idea, SAP 8 containers aren't in the game anymore that I've been able to detect. And there isn't a planet 8 at SagA*. Only a supermassive black hole and white giant. No planetary bodies.

@Macros Black , will log back in over the next week. On my own little RL expedition at the moment. o7

We are nowhere near SagA*, CMDR. Sorry.

To your idea, SAP 8 containers aren't in the game anymore that I've been able to detect. And there isn't a planet 8 at SagA*. Only a supermassive black hole and white giant. No planetary bodies.

@Macros Black , will log back in over the next week. On my own little RL expedition at the moment. o7
I think SAP 8 are still in-game in the usual place in the military convoys in systems in War.

I also think SAP 8 containers have been in dumped the BH in Sgr A* with no effect.

Don't worry: Finding one could well mean finding more of them.
For example, [insert random wild hypothesis here] - eh, Raxxlas could be tiny objects that emit exotic gravitational forces. And these exotic gravitational forces would distort spacetime to stabilize fancy star systems with 3 or more stars into stable orbits.
And that's because, usually, I would expect at least some star systems to be completely chaotic. And if that would be the case, I would expect that FDEV would not want to run real-time simulations of millions of chaotic star systems on their servers.
So maybe FDEV had to nudge orbital mechanics a bit to make some star systems stable. And maybe FDEV felt that if they had to nudge orbital mechanics, they would have to introduce some thingy that does the nudgin'.
And that would mean we would "just" have to find a way to identify star systems that need nudging. If we could do so reliably and with a certain computational efficiency, we would just have to run an algorithm over 60 GB (compressed) of public star system data and find an impressive number of systems stabilized by Raxxlas in one go.

Eh... Raxxla is the source of the force that causes your ship to rotate at the end of a hyperspace jump, causing a vision of "spiralling stars" (and screwing up your orientation in the process).

Mission update: Operation Bubble To Barnard's Loop.

More than 75% of systems scanned.
Number of systems in search area: 1112
Systems searched: 854
CMDR's searching: rOmiLaltYu, Macros Black, Aris Tarkus, Kafka, Kronos Jones, Enzix, Blaggerd

Witch Head SectorHeavy Thargoid presence
Witch Head Sector DQ-Y c29 gas giants & 2 fleet carriers
Horsehead Sector LN-T C3-3biologicals - tussoc and bactericum among others
Synuefe HI-Q c6-1distress beacon on a3, escape pods, biological signal on a6 - Recepta Umbrux - Red
Flame Sector CQ-Y d18Class IV and V gas giant
Flame Sector KW-W b1-0NSP: Prasinum Metallic Crystals, Albulum Gourd Mollusc
Flame Sector JS-K b8-0something strange here, will bear further investigation
Flame Sector NN-T c3-1binary giant B and largish A, huge Class II Gas giant orbiting barycentre
Flame Sector FW-W d1-26First discovered by CMDR Blast McLargeHuge lol
Flame Sector CV-Y b03.7 Earth Mass Water World // 44 bodies
Flame Sector AQ-X b1-04x bio on body 1
Horsehead Sector OJ-P b6-0Single high metal content body around primary star with lava spouts
Horsehead Sector CB-O b6-0Listening Post (Part of Proteus story)
Flame Sector MN-T c3-4Couple of planets with bio, nothing special
Horsehead Sector HR-W d1-219 bodies showing geological poi/ ammonia based life
HIP 24580giant white star, neutron, and black hole
HIP 24709two black holes
Synuefe ZW-Q c6-0think only one bh -
tQtXRT4.png
Link to the Google sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y2z2m_53mCtIOSKKx_IuzvAiAiZgtsRGkMuxIICreT0/edit?usp=sharing

Join the search by sending me a PM with your Google mail account and I'll add you to the Goggle sheet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom