Ok so I am attempting to be the very patient commander cycling through every col 70 sector system in the galmap one at a time... I immediately encountered an anomaly perhaps someone can explain. I started off with COL 70 SECTOR AA-A and it shows a short list. I can cycle through them and the first five show permit locked, but the next eight look different in the list (see image below) and just zoom to empty space with NO description.... can anyone explain what those entries are? Why can't I see them at all in the galmap? (in realistic mode, it should show all right?) I'm using Odyssey, have not tired in Horizon

Edit: I've now checked the same in Horizons and only the first five appear, the other eight do not seem to exist in Horizons. Also, it is MUCH faster to check these in Odyssey as you don't even have to wait for the map to zoom to the location to see the permit lock, you can cycle through very quickly where is Horizons it has to scroll all the way to the location before you see the lock.
This ‘missing star’ issue is a known anomaly caused by duplication of catalogs. The star exists in more than one catalog and FD never cross checked so you get 2 stars, but only 1 star actually exists in game which can be plotted to; the other is just a ‘name’. It’s not intentional.

Last edited:
Still playing around with the codex map

Kwt3bUV.jpg

This ‘missing star’ issue is a known anomaly caused by duplication of catalogs. The star exists in more than one catalog and FD never cross checked so you get 2 stars, but only 1 star actually exists in game which can be plotted to; the other is just a ‘name’. It’s not intentional.
And yet some stars like Beta Hydrae and Beta Hydri are the same but in the game twice with different spectral classification (a G star and a B star). There's another one (something with 3 on the end) which is in twice and both are inhabited systems with different stats. Can't remember the name but might've been an engineer or material trader in one of them...

Out of interest what tool was utilised here, looks interesting.
Im using Sketchup - importing data from eddb or in the case of the codex maps im just using the ingame grid map to get locations then putting them in a table (csv) and importing into Sketchup - then once ive got the points placed i take it into Photoshop to pretty things up.

Im using Sketchup - importing data from eddb or in the case of the codex maps im just using the ingame grid map to get locations then putting them in a table (csv) and importing into Sketchup - then once ive got the points placed i take it into Photoshop to pretty things up.
Nice. I’ll give it a try. My PC is mothballed at present, and I’m looking for a CAD/GIS that’ll work on IPhone / tablet until I have the PC operational.

Nice. I’ll give it a try. My PC is mothballed at present, and I’m looking for a CAD/GIS that’ll work on IPhone / tablet until I have the PC operational.
Thanks - Ya i have played around with mapping parts of some of the planets with arcgis but its so globe focused i have been using sketchup for the largescale stuff. Not sure what would work on phone but let me know if u find something good!

And yet some stars like Beta Hydrae and Beta Hydri are the same but in the game twice with different spectral classification (a G star and a B star). There's another one (something with 3 on the end) which is in twice and both are inhabited systems with different stats. Can't remember the name but might've been an engineer or material trader in one of them...
Lax quality control by FD when creating the Milky Way!
Couple of years ago I reported a duplicate system name but with totally different bodies out in IC1805 Sector; the issue report timed out and was dropped because nobody had supported it....I assume the duplicates are still out there.

From the story of @earth-traveller I'm beginning to think that Raxxla might be really close to a star.
If he saw it in the nav panel, a planet/object named Raxxla would only appear if you're close to it.

He also stated that the system name was not much longer than the word Raxxla. That would leave mainly HIP/HR systems, not a Col 70 Sector BQ-D C23-2.
Grains of salt, etc.

Mission update: Operation Bubble To Barnard's Loop

Mission is still a go; I've created a Google sheet with system names 'near' the two systems: Synuefe GY-O C7-0 & Flame Sector DB-X c1-0 where you can assign yourself to a system. Please note that some systems are permit locked; mark them as such and skip to your next system.

PM me your Google account email and I'll add you to the list of editors.
For those who might want it.
b2b_patch.png

To the jewel that burns on the brow of the mother of all galaxies, to the whisperer of witch space the siren of the deepest void.

Could this indicate that the Jewel can be seen on the brow of the galaxy, from the siren?

The whisperer in Witch space could just be a nod to Dame Susan Jocelyn Bell Burnell. and the siren of the deepest void could well be the Crab Pulsar as its located out in the Eridanus Super void

Eridanus Supervoid Diameter 150 Mpc
eridanus-constellation-vector-illustration-names-basic-stars-against-starry-sky-219096554.jpg

So perhaps that system we are looking for between B/loop and California can be seen?

Interesting hypothesis...but why specifically the Crab Pulsar? Jocelyn Bell Burnell did indeed discover (though not sure that then warrants her as the “Whisperer”?) the first pulsar (good match for “siren”), originally called LGM-1 so it’s a significant astronomy event which DB might have commemorated with Raxxla. But is LGM-1 (aka PSR B1919+21, PSR J1921+2153) actually in ED?
Has anyone tried boosting from it & seeing what boost level is attained & where it jumps to? If LGM-1 is the Omphalos then Raxxla might be an enhanced jump, but it is said to be “very difficult to find”, so that jump might only trigger to one planned destination so low probability of finding it.

The only difficulty I see with this hypothesis is that FSD supercharging/boost was added with Horizons The Guardians (2.2) on October 25, 2016, well before this “alleged toast” was released in the Codex (11 December 3304/2018), but well after Raxxla was inserted in the Gamma. However as part of the puzzle it might have been included for a particular NS from the outset and perhaps only with 2.2 expanded into a general feature for all NS as a potential hint in the Quest.

Last edited:
Interesting hypothesis...but why specifically the Crab Pulsar? Jocelyn Bell Burnell did indeed discover (though not sure that then warrants her as the “Whisperer”?) the first pulsar (good match for “siren”), originally called LGM-1 so it’s a significant astronomy event which DB might have commemorated with Raxxla. But is LGM-1 (aka PSR B1919+21, PSR J1921+2153) actually in ED?
Has anyone tried boosting from it & seeing what boost level is attained & where it jumps to? If LGM-1 is the Omphalos then Raxxla might be an enhanced jump, but it is said to be “very difficult to find”, so that jump might only trigger to one planned destination so low probability of finding it.

The only difficulty I see with this hypothesis is that FSD supercharging/boost was added with Horizons The Guardians (2.2) on October 25, 2016, well before this “alleged toast” was released in the Codex (11 December 3304/2018), but well after Raxxla was inserted in the Gamma. However as part of the puzzle it might have been included for a particular NS from the outset and perhaps only with 2.2 expanded into a general feature for all NS as a potential hint in the Quest.
LGM 1 is in game,its nothing special tbh

regarding whisperer with Burnell, I read something about Jocelyn Burnell not getting Recognition for the find, some Nobel prize controversy...

crab being the siren of the deepest void: the Eridanus Super void

but this is all tin foil
Ah, good call.
I’ve been primarily considering the meaning of whisperer as “expert in an arcane field of knowledge” (e.g.horse whisperer), but the meaning “one who speaks quietly” could be interpreted as one who is not heard loudly/clearly & that could apply to JBB in this context.

Primum Mobile of Yggdrasil, on the outer rim

*this post is now an archive, of initial ramblings; please see the more upto date investigation linked below, which attempts to remove the tin-foil and is a more scientific approach: Thread 'The Yggdrasil conundrum'
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-yggdrasil-conundrum.607684/

The following, attempts to identify a series of star groups in potential correlation. Up until now this has been nought but a tin-foil thought exercise, inspired by M Brookes favourite story ‘Paradise Lost’ and the tree of Yggdrasil of Norse cosmological mythology, itself can be linked to Donars Oak at Delphi, as well as Brookes Yggdrasil T-shirt and his back tattoo.

Post in thread 'The Quest To Find Raxxla'
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-quest-to-find-raxxla.168253/post-9496027

Now with some time on my hands I decided to assess if any factual information could be resolved.

The 3D maps below show stars first settled up to 2296 as well as those with a Norse mythological name, or a Milton name, and the old worlds (later than 2296), they all have a standard orientation of galactic north/south, the XYZ coordinates are accurate however the star size is not to scale. All data is via EDDB (note this list is not definitive and may be added to).

Key findings:
White - all stars discovered up to the date 2296: Sol (centre); Tau Ceti (2151); Delta Pavonis (2190-2230); Altair (2190-2230); Beta Hydri (2190-2230); Eotienses (2288) and Achenar (2292).
*Arcturus (2304 for reference).

Red - Pandemonium (John Milton - capital of hell which sat below the primum mobile, a spherical shell which encompassed the Milton cosmos).

Yellow - Norse myth potentially linked to Yggdrasil: Jormungand; Skuld; Veroandi; Uror; Uroarbrunnr; Utgard; Jotunheim; Midgard; Muspelheim; Niflheim; Alfheim; Urd; Hagalaz; Jotnar; Helheim; Hel; Nastrond; Utgaroar and Niflhel. *Njoerd (not linked to Yggdrasil but a Norse god attributed to good fortune).

Purple: Njoerd, Norse god attributed to good fortune; Fortuna, Roman goddess of fortune; Tyche, Greek goddess of fortune.

Green - Old worlds: Lave; Leesti; Diso; Zaonce; Reorte; Riedquat; Tionisia; Oreve; Quattro; Orrere; Uszaa.

Additional (but omitted); Minor factions were cross referenced. Permits: Sol; Beta Hydri; Achenar; Nastrond.

Temporal - Astronomical mapping:
The following is a spacial representation of the systems identified in the key findings.
E069A5F4-0998-4A22-A06B-C08D237E4E6B.jpeg

The following includes those systems identified with the gods of fortune (purple).
DF1A223C-6A58-4270-9B8F-C38E2F846971.jpeg

The following includes a sphere of influence drawn from Sol (centre) to Achenar (furthest discovered) and all systems discovered up to 2296.
A59A92CE-0594-4330-AA1C-748720A00661.jpeg

The following includes a secondary outer sphere encompassing all those systems identifying Yggdrasil.
73889F9B-21CD-40C8-8A4C-85205274B96D.jpeg

The following removes all Yggdrasil systems except that of Hagalaz and all systems discovered upto 2296 with a basic sphere of influence.
F2DE30E7-802F-48FC-BA44-B5B917C05FAB.jpeg

The following is the same data but the sphere of influence axis is shifted so it is Hagalaz.
76BF1E62-3F94-473A-AA2B-7EDD9699D41D.jpeg

Assessment:

There is a realistic possibility that stars identified to Norse myth and John Miltons Paradise Lost and the Tau Ceti date of 2296 (except 3) all fall within the 1st sphere of influence, identifying a spacial relationship set by the 2296 date from the codex.

The old worlds as well as Arcturus, founded much later than 2296 after 2304 all fall within this 1st sphere of influence, identifying a spacial relationship set by the 2296 date from the codex.

There is a realistic possibility that’s stars discovered from Sol upto 2296 and later towards 2304 all align along a trajectory within the 1st sphere of influence identifying a spacial relationship set by the 2296 date from the codex.

Assumptions:

The presence of 3 Yggdrasil systems outside the 1st sphere of influence, Niflhel, Jormungand and Helheim identifies a potential 2nd sphere of influence or buffer zone.

Niflhel is situated at the bottom of this sphere, it’s meaning is, misty fog, lowest level of Hel (location), in this context it correlates in location with Pandemonium.

Achenar, Eotienses, Pandemonium and Jotunheim are all within relative proximity to each other at the base of the 1st sphere of influence, indicating a potential spatial relationship, seen in other grouping of stars, although the context is an unknown they are relatively close to xxxx and xxx within the 2nd sphere,

Nastrond which requires a permit, is a place in Hel, both systems are within the sphere of influence and are relatively very close to each other.

The Norse mythological systems of Uror, Veroandi and Skuld, are names which correlate to the 3 Norns (fates) and triangulate, potentially indicating a spatial relationship, however they do not triangular equilaterally, nor do they correlate to the well of Urd in game nor that of Urðarbrunnr as they ought to.

Many of the Norse systems linked to Yggdrasil don’t currently correlate in relation to their origin stories nor to their relationships with each other, however a clear pattern exists where stars are grouped but such placement presently cannot be identified so is more likely to be an apparition of apophenia.

The old worlds such as Lave etc which have a close correlation to each other are likely purposely placed, as they do not correlate to any other system of the Yggdrasil tree.

The last image potentially identifies an alignment with the discovered systems up to 2296 and Hagalaz.

Hagalaz is not a Yggdrasil world but a Nordic rune identifying an axi mundi.

Within John Miltons Paradise Lost although the ‘apex’ was at the top of the sphere, Milton gives the impression the stairs and gate as well as Lucifers viaduct, were just off to the side, so if MB was following Paradise Lost the Yggdrasil tree may not be aligned with true north, if viewed on a slant it does look more appealing… drawing a line from the discovered systems through Hagalaz and onwards, towards the identified sphere of influence (the outer rim) identifies a potential hotspot area on the sphere, this at present is an unknown.

Intelligence gaps:

It is unknown if Sol is the intended axis, which would shift the sphere of influences.

Njoerd is a fourth system which falls within this 2nd sphere but is not related to Yggdrasil. It is a Norse god attributed to good fortune, it doesn’t correlate identifying an intelligence gap.

Njoerd is included due a potential hypothetical link to the historical Dark Wheel missions, linked to Trinkets of hidden fortune, and the goddess Fortuna, however there is do direct correlation and it’s inclusion is speculative, however it’s location within the 2nd sphere of influence has brought it forward for consideration.

In relation to Njoerd, Fortuna and Tyche have also been included (purple), but they don’t correlate identifying an intelligence gap.

Jormungand is situated at the lower hemisphere of the spheres, it’s meaning is, the Midgard Serpent or World Serpent, it doesn’t correlate identifying an intelligence gap.

Helheim is situated on the upper hemisphere of the sphere, it’s meaning is house of Hel (person) in game it doesn’t correlate to the actual location of the Hel (person) system, identifying an intelligence gap.

A proportion of systems with Norse mythological names depict locations inside other Norse realms or they have duplicative meanings, nor do all of those with a mythological relationship to Yggdrasil correlate in game spatially, although there is some uniformity indicating a potential tree shape, but this is likely apophenia, identifying an intelligence gap.

The worlds of Yggdrasil do not ’make up’ a physical tree shape in mythological context, but surround the tree Yggdrasil, or are encased within its roots or branches. These could identify exclusion zones with an unknown common centre, or an unknown narrative or shape yet to be identified.

Norse cosmology has never truly been resolved, and is at best a modern interpretation of an oral tradition; there exists multiple iterations of Yggdrasil in contemporary text, but none are genuinely definitive.

Helheim is situated on the upper hemisphere of the sphere, it’s meaning is house of Hel, it doesn’t correlate to the actual location of Hel (person) identifying an intelligence gap.

A series of systems representing the Anemoi; the Greek and Roman Winds (compass) not included here)) all exist and correlate in game: Boreas = north; Zephyrus = west; Notus = south, but their placement is off by several degrees to galactic north with an angle which is pitched, the meaning is an unknown.

Traditionally there is no agreement on the east of the Anemoi, however many attribute this to being either: Eos or Eurus, but neither of these correlate with N, S or W represent in the Anemoi in game, Indicating an intelligence gap.

Systems minor factions have been matrix mapped but do not correlate to each other, however their influence in other systems not yet identified have not been mapped, identifying an intelligence gap.

Speculation: The Yggdrasil story can be attributed to the journey of Odin as he travelled to the Well of Urd and the Fates to obtain their knowledge, in some examples this story is linked to the easterly direction.

It is an unknown if Hagalaz identifies a system on the outer rim of the sphere of influence, but Yggdrasil may just identify a true axi mundi, with the journey being towards heavens gate, or Lucifiers viaduct obfuscated on the outer rim of a John Milton primum mobile.

Recommendations:

Additional data collection and development of an association matrix to identify correlative Norse narratives.

Continue to identify factions associated with the systems found within this sphere of influence and look for a correlation with other systems.

Application of various stars which may identify a correlative location, such as permit locked systems, the old worlds etc

Last edited:
Prime Mobile

*Edited ongoing, if there are any omissions please identify.

The following represents 3 groups of stars in correlation together. Orientation is galactic north/south, the XYZ coordinates are accurate however the star size is not to scale. All data is via EDDB, only star name shown here, any system names are not being considered.

White - all stars discovered up to to date 2296 (Sol is at the centre). Sol; Tau Ceti; Delta Pavonis; Altair; Beta Hydri; Eotienses and Achenar.

Red - Pandemonium (John Milton).

Yellow - Yggdrasil (Norse myth). Uroarbrunnr (heaven); Skuld; Veroandi; Jotunheim; Muspelheim; Midgard; Alfheim; Helheim; Hagalaz; Urd (Well of Urd (deepest void).

View attachment 308998

The following includes a hemisphere drawn from Sol (centre) to Achenar (furthest discovered). All stars bar 1 fall within this sphere of influence (not scale is not accurate so this star could easily be within the zone.

View attachment 308999

The following is the same set of stars but aligned along an axis between Uroarbrunnr and Urd to identify Yggdrasil (central axis line shown as dashed line).

View attachment 309000

This is a work in progress (legend notes will be added at a later date) it’s taken only a few mins to put together but I spent a few months locating a decent ‘free’ mobile app, as PC is in dry-dock.

Assumptions aside, my primary purpose behind this was to draw out Yggdrasil so as to visualise the work done by M Brookes, and to find some link to John Milton.

At present the only findings are that Achenar, Pandemonium and Urd are all within relative proximity to each other at the base, and that all stars (except two stars) all fall within the sphere of influence set by the 2296 date from the Codex. What it means is presently unknown.
Nice! Ya there do seem to be various themed clusters of stars … even some interestingly linked ( names) of planets within star systems. Looking forward to Yggdrasil !

Top Bottom