I agree. I think the alleged DB quote (there is no corroborative evidence) may have been about something else or is out of date. We don't have a date for it but it seems to be from the very early livestreams (2014-15?) and disagrees with what MB said about Raxxla (see my earlier summary of everything we know - @Macros Black did you add that summary onto the OP compadre?).

The only reason for requiring Elite would be the Shinrarta permit, and that system has been thoroughly searched. I’m also suspicious about the alleged requirement for a wing...it might help, depending on what Raxxla/Omphalos actually is and how we might recognise/ locate it, but that statement also seems to disagree with MB’s statements.
Link please.
Edit: For the summary...

Last edited:
I agree. I think the alleged DB quote (there is no corroborative evidence) may have been about something else or is out of date. We don't have a date for it but it seems to be from the very early livestreams (2014-15?) and disagrees with what MB said about Raxxla (see my earlier summary of everything we know - @Macros Black did you add that summary onto the OP compadre?).

The only reason for requiring Elite would be the Shinrarta permit, and that system has been thoroughly searched. I’m also suspicious about the alleged requirement for a wing...it might help, depending on what Raxxla/Omphalos actually is and how we might recognise/ locate it, but that statement also seems to disagree with MB’s statements.
If you can give an approximate version of this quote, we might be able to source it or get info to effect it was a rumor.

"This busy trinary system has terrestrial planets orbiting the two companion stars. The locals aren't particularly friendly and appear to be harbouring a dark secret."
Well the dark secret of this system seems to be that it doesn't have any terrestrial planet orbiting any of its stars.
I wonder if the inaccurate descriptions were done on purpose, or if it warrants a bug ticket... Opening a ticket might be the only way to find out :unsure:
For the palm trees... I always thought it was just assets to distinguish between lavish stations (like statues, fountains..) and the rest.
Speaking of which, if these assets are indeed meaningful, fountains are quite a symbol too.

"This busy trinary system has terrestrial planets orbiting the two companion stars. The locals aren't particularly friendly and appear to be harbouring a dark secret."
Well the dark secret of this system seems to be that it doesn't have any terrestrial planet orbiting any of its stars.
I wonder if the inaccurate descriptions were done on purpose, or if it warrants a bug ticket... Opening a ticket might be the only way to find out :unsure:
For the palm trees... I always thought it was just assets to distinguish between lavish stations (like statues, fountains..) and the rest.
Speaking of which, if these assets are indeed meaningful, fountains are quite a symbol too.
I googled the exact phrasing you posted and Nuenets most certainly had terrestrial (rocky or metallic) bodies. Can you please elaborate? Also, the astronomy definition for terrestrial is different from the more common usage which means Earth-likes. Terrestrial in astronomy is much broader in its' scope.

Strictly speaking, this does technically meet the loosest interpretations for "8th moon of an unnamed gas giant". Stars are but very hot gas giants. On that particular phrase, I assume the loosest of interpretations which can include brown dwarfs, gas giants, and stars. If The Dark Wheel likes playing fast and loose with language, it would be wise not to box yourself in too much.

Nuenets.png

Last edited:
I googled the exact phrasing you posted and Nuenets most certainly had terrestrial (rocky or metallic) bodies. Can you please elaborate? Also, the astronomy definition for terrestrial is different from the more common usage which means Earth-likes. Terrestrial in astronomy is much broader in its' scope.

Strictly speaking, this does technically meet the loosest interpretations for "8th moon of an unnamed gas giant". Stars are but very hot gas giants. On that particular phrase, I assume the loosest of interpretations which can include brown dwarfs, gas giants, and stars. If The Dark Wheel likes playing fast and loose with language, it would be wise not to box yourself in too much.

View attachment 353163

I am thinking about exoplanets with planetary systems of binary stars. There are several such planets, including Kepler-16b, Kepler-34b, Kepler-35b, Kepler-47b, and TOI 1338b. For example, Kepler-47 fits the model described as "Nuenets," but I don't know how it relates to Raxxla.

I am thinking about exoplanets with planetary systems of binary stars. There are several such planets, including Kepler-16b, Kepler-34b, Kepler-35b, Kepler-47b, and TOI 1338b. For example, Kepler-47 fits the model described as "Nuenets," but I don't know how it relates to Raxxla.
I think the concern here lies in the "dark secret". Whether that is TDW, Raxxla, or something else entirely remains to be seen. Also, I forget which of the Kepler-xxx systems is incredibly ancient. Raxxla was supposed to be very old and possibly older than the galaxy itself.

Link please.
Edit: For the summary...
Cant find the post, so Here! 😁

Raxxla-everything we know
All we know about Raxxla (everything else is supposition!):

FD quotes

(DB) Drew Wagar reported “ I talked with David Braben at bar after an award ceremony. I asked him "Is Raxxla in the game?"

He answered with "Yes. And we know where it is." (I assumed the "we" meant Frontier Developments).”

It was Tuesday the 8th July 2014 at about 7pm David Braben was giving his presentation which was called "My other car's a Cobra Mk3." at the Bafta Games Showcase (building was near Piccadilly in London):

A variant on this:
(DB) Raxxla...? Well - "It exists, we know where it is and we know why people haven't been able to find it..."
forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-day-i-met-david-braben.25158/post-536632

(MB) “It’s in the Milky Way” and “you have to make some of it a tiny little bit obvious so people know what they’re doing”

Q: founder's world name?...Shinrarta Dezhra... I'm a tiny little bit disappointed they didn't call it Raxxla - A: (MB) “Raxxla is something different”

(MB) “FD did look at a story involving Raxxla, but felt that was a story that should be played out in game rather than as a novel”

(MB) “It’s something in the game world (not text) and very hard to find”

(MB) “It’s not a random thing”

(MB) “Anyone can find it, and more than once”

(Allen Stroud) “it is a topic within the Alien lore book” that we have no insight into

(DB) Does Raxxla exist? There’s an interesting one. What a silly question, of course....You don’t know what it is though!
On second thoughts that might be differently punctuated...
(DB) Does Raxxla exist? There’s an interesting one, what a silly question! Of course! You don’t know what it is though!

Raxxla Codex entry

"To the jewel that burns on the brow of the mother of galaxies! To the whisperer in witch-space, the siren of the deepest void! The parent's grief, the lover's woe, and the yearning of our vagabond hearts. To Raxxla!"

- Alleged toast of the Dark Wheel

The legend of Raxxla has been circulating, in whispers, for centuries. The quest for this mysterious place, the location of which is a deadly secret, was said to be the principal aim of the Dark Wheel, a putative fraternity of legend-chasers from the early days of interstellar travel.

The earliest recorded mention of Raxxla dates from 2296, from the journal of Art Tornqvist, a shipboard mechanic based in the Tau Ceti system. He writes: 'Cora comes home soused and raving with wild stories, a new one every night. She claims she's found a map to some pirate stash, and all I have to do is loan her my ship so we can go dig it up. Maybe we should go find Raxxla while we're at it!' Although Tornqvist's account is the first known attestation of Raxxla, it is clear from the text that the myth was already in circulation.

It is extremely difficult to find consistency among the various fragmentary rumours of Raxxla. Much like the ancient myths of Atlantis, El Dorado and the kingdom of Prester John, interpretations of the story range from the sceptical to the outlandish: Raxxla has been suggested to be anything from an unremarkable moon to a state of cosmic enlightenment. The earliest documented stories tend to agree on several points, however: that Raxxla is a definite place and that it holds a mystical secret.

Several versions of the Raxxla story mention an alien artefact, the Omphalos Rift, described as a gateway or tunnel through which parallel universes can be accessed. These details, however, were later shown to bear a striking resemblance to the children's story Princess Astrophel and the Spiralling Stars, and soon lost credibility. Undaunted, some Raxxla seekers insisted that the story's author had cunningly concealed facts about the mysterious locale in his book as hints for those with eyes to see.

Students of Raxxla lore have noted that the legend exerts a strangely potent fascination on the minds of seekers. Commentators have compared this sensation to 'fernweh'. the unaccountable longing for a place one has never seen. More than one interstellar treasure-seeker has become obsessed with Raxxla to the exclusion of all other dreams, and spent his or her entire life in a futile search for it.

Raxxla also plays a role in several conspiracy theories, most of which attest that it has already been discovered by some kind of sinister cabal (or sole tyrant), which has leveraged its power to establish covert dominance over humanity.

Whatever the truth of the matter, one thing remains irrefutable: the legend of Raxxla continues to inspire explorers and conspiracy theorists to this day.

Logo

Image.png

Last edited:
The area is already heavily scouted tough. I'll keep you updated.
I checked INARA and there is a PMF but it isn't native ("Terra Ex-Astro Corp"). The system otherwise has NPC factions. It is also very near V886 Centauri which is also nicknamed "Lucy" from the Beatles song "Lucy in the Sky of Diamonds" because it is a very carbon-rich white dwarf (in other words nearly diamond-like). V886 Centauri may be the jewel from the Alleged Toast of The Dark Wheel since it is believed to be largest diamond in the galaxy.

Last edited:
Cant find the post, so Here! 😁

Raxxla-everything we know
All we know about Raxxla (everything else is supposition!):

FD quotes

(DB) Drew Wagar reported “ I talked with David Braben at bar after an award ceremony. I asked him "Is Raxxla in the game?"

He answered with "Yes. And we know where it is." (I assumed the "we" meant Frontier Developments).”

It was Tuesday the 8th July 2014 at about 7pm David Braben was giving his presentation which was called "My other car's a Cobra Mk3." at the Bafta Games Showcase (building was near Piccadilly in London):

A variant on this:
(DB) Raxxla...? Well - "It exists, we know where it is and we know why people haven't been able to find it..."
forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-day-i-met-david-braben.25158/post-536632

(MB) “It’s in the Milky Way” and “you have to make some of it a tiny little bit obvious so people know what they’re doing”

Q: founder's world name?...Shinrarta Dezhra... I'm a tiny little bit disappointed they didn't call it Raxxla - A: (MB) “Raxxla is something different”

(MB) “FD did look at a story involving Raxxla, but felt that was a story that should be played out in game rather than as a novel”

(MB) “It’s something in the game world (not text) and very hard to find”

(MB) “It’s not a random thing”

(MB) “Anyone can find it, and more than once”

(Allen Stroud) “it is a topic within the Alien lore book” that we have no insight into

(DB) Does Raxxla exist? There’s an interesting one. What a silly question, of course....You don’t know what it is though!

Raxxla Codex entry

"To the jewel that burns on the brow of the mother of galaxies! To the whisperer in witch-space, the siren of the deepest void! The parent's grief, the lover's woe, and the yearning of our vagabond hearts. To Raxxla!"

- Alleged toast of the Dark Wheel

The legend of Raxxla has been circulating, in whispers, for centuries. The quest for this mysterious place, the location of which is a deadly secret, was said to be the principal aim of the Dark Wheel, a putative fraternity of legend-chasers from the early days of interstellar travel.

The earliest recorded mention of Raxxla dates from 2296, from the journal of Art Tornqvist, a shipboard mechanic based in the Tau Ceti system. He writes: 'Cora comes home soused and raving with wild stories, a new one every night. She claims she's found a map to some pirate stash, and all I have to do is loan her my ship so we can go dig it up. Maybe we should go find Raxxla while we're at it!' Although Tornqvist's account is the first known attestation of Raxxla, it is clear from the text that the myth was already in circulation.

It is extremely difficult to find consistency among the various fragmentary rumours of Raxxla. Much like the ancient myths of Atlantis, El Dorado and the kingdom of Prester John, interpretations of the story range from the sceptical to the outlandish: Raxxla has been suggested to be anything from an unremarkable moon to a state of cosmic enlightenment. The earliest documented stories tend to agree on several points, however: that Raxxla is a definite place and that it holds a mystical secret.

Several versions of the Raxxla story mention an alien artefact, the Omphalos Rift, described as a gateway or tunnel through which parallel universes can be accessed. These details, however, were later shown to bear a striking resemblance to the children's story Princess Astrophel and the Spiralling Stars, and soon lost credibility. Undaunted, some Raxxla seekers insisted that the story's author had cunningly concealed facts about the mysterious locale in his book as hints for those with eyes to see.

Students of Raxxla lore have noted that the legend exerts a strangely potent fascination on the minds of seekers. Commentators have compared this sensation to 'fernweh'. the unaccountable longing for a place one has never seen. More than one interstellar treasure-seeker has become obsessed with Raxxla to the exclusion of all other dreams, and spent his or her entire life in a futile search for it.

Raxxla also plays a role in several conspiracy theories, most of which attest that it has already been discovered by some kind of sinister cabal (or sole tyrant), which has leveraged its power to establish covert dominance over humanity.

Whatever the truth of the matter, one thing remains irrefutable: the legend of Raxxla continues to inspire explorers and conspiracy theorists to this day.

Logo

View attachment 353170
Added link to OP.

I checked INARA and there is a PMF but it isn't native ("Terra Ex-Astro Corp"). The system otherwise has NPC factions. It is also very near V886 Centauri which is also nicknamed "Lucy" from the Beatles song "Lucy in the Sky of Diamonds" because it is a very carbon-rich white dwarf (in other words nearly diamond-like). V886 Centauri may be the jewel from the Alleged Toast of The Dark Wheel since it is believed to be largest diamond in the galaxy.

I'll take a look after Nuenets, which will take a few days at least to test the case "being ally to every faction there"

I'll take a look after Nuenets, which will take a few days at least to test the case "being ally to every faction there"
I think the deal with Nuentes is just that it's close to the founders system. Before release the idea was that the founders system shouldn't be visible in the map, until you became Elite and got an invite. It was probably going to use the same mechanic as dark systems.
The odd system description has been there since gamma release opened the full galaxy.

It's a bit like the system Quiness, with the Ammonia planet Quy. The description says that the planet has ammonia life, not the regular 'indigenous ammonia life', that is comonly used. This lead many players to believe that it was the location of a Thargoid embassy or something.
In FFE Quiness had a luxury resort on the Planet New California. This resort was used for negotiations with Thargoids. New California being gone and an ammonia world popping up instead, made players suspicious.

I think the deal with Nuentes is just that it's close to the founders system. Before release the idea was that the founders system shouldn't be visible in the map, until you became Elite and got an invite. It was probably going to use the same mechanic as dark systems.
The odd system description has been there since gamma release opened the full galaxy.

It's a bit like the system Quiness, with the Ammonia planet Quy. The description says that the planet has ammonia life, not the regular 'indigenous ammonia life', that is comonly used. This lead many players to believe that it was the location of a Thargoid embassy or something.
In FFE Quiness had a luxury resort on the Planet New California. This resort was used for negotiations with Thargoids. New California being gone and an ammonia world popping up instead, made players suspicious.
I have nothing better to do anyway ED-wise (maybe some engineering..) :)

That said it is really not a good sign if Fdev have not kept the details consistent.

Personally I continuously accept the reality nothing is constant in ED.

Arthur effectively confirmed this when he started, saying there was a lot of historical content he and those previously in post knew little of, indicating those threads were just left hanging / overwritten etc.

ED has been adrift somewhat without a consistent dungeon master since Brookes departure. I accept there to be a lot of archeological aspects existing in game, there is also a considerable level of errors in game as well, both in code (bugs) and star categories and positions.

It’s whether we perceive this as a failure or as a challenge, personally I feel it provides insight.

Last edited:
Top Bottom