id like to think that elite has some kind of organic, logical, sim-like aspect to it. meaning you probably wouldnt broadcast a way to the galaxys biggest mystery on every station. well, at least not so obviously (we will see what the antennas say [hopefuly]).

Anyone familiar with Norse mythology?

Please find below some more hypotheses regarding Yggdrasil. Now in previous ramblings I believed I had established this structure is intentional, however its meaning and structure were an unknown other than being directly over Axis Mundi and the Greek underworld, it likely is evidence of an archaeological narrative made by Michael Brookes (RIP) or it’s just one of his Easter Eggs.

Following discussions regards @Jorki Rasalas insights about the close relationship between Demeter, Hectate, Artemis and Persephone; and their relationship concerning the Greek underworld, an area which is actually represented in game around Axis Mundi which I’ve established relates directly to the passage in the Codex, about the ‘Cities of gold, Sunken kingdoms and Mythical lands’, however I still could not understand why Hecate was so far removed from this very obvious ‘underworld area’ given the close relationship between these characters.

Post in thread 'The Quest To Find Raxxla'
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-quest-to-find-raxxla.168253/post-10101133

I then recalled that within this area there also exists the Anemoi winds, the Greek compass, which identify a very weird North / South alignment, which is actually slightly off from galactic north.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-quest-to-find-raxxla.168253/post-10129970

I then pondered… what if it’s not?

Please find below the Yggdrasil system (named) but aligned against the Anemoi North / South.

It would now seem some correlation appears. But I am not so well versed in North mythology. And there are certain Norse named systems which I don’t rightly understand their placement. So the question is: Within this new alignment, do the named systems make any sense?

My proposition is; if this orientation is correct, then it places the Norse underworld within the same alignment as that of the Greek Underworld, if true then this theory ties the ‘Yggdrasil’ theory directly into the ‘Underworld’ theory and the two correspond.

*edited:

‘Now the biggest factor is; Norse cosmology has never truly been resolved, and is at best a modern interpretation of an oral tradition; there exists multiple iterations of Yggdrasil in contemporary text, but none are genuinely definitive.

Generally there is a lack of systematization or codification of Norse mythology and is comprised of fluidity ambiguity, and contradiction. Any contemporary pictorial representations are at best speculative and unverifiable‘

Thread 'The John Milton conundrum'
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-john-milton-conundrum.607684/

The example below endeavours to find the correct alignment of the Yggdrasil systems represented in game by FD; is the standard galactic alignment in game correct, or is this version below, based of a ‘in-game compass’ more accurate.

Or rather, are the Yggdrasil systems aligned so they point to the Greek underworld! It’s irrelevant which is the correct alignment, the emphasis is to focus our attention upon that region?

Many do seem to correlate with other ‘none’ Norse named systems, indicating a shared common theme or meaning, but then certain systems are named after ‘persons’ not locations, which might indicate errors or that certain systems are not relevant?

It is an unknown if many of these Yggdrasil systems are actually irrelevant. I simply wish to establish whether the overall form has more intent, should certain systems be omitted, and does this alignment make more sense?

*Image below shows the in game systems linked to Yggdrasil (yellow) and those of the Norse Runes (blue), aligned against the Greek Anemoi (green). With Greek mythology - Hecate, Demeter, Artimis and Persephone (white) inserted.

IMG_7100.jpg

Last edited:

Please find below some more hypotheses regarding Yggdrasil. Now in previous ramblings I believe I’ve established this structure is intentional, however its meaning was still a mystery other than either by evidence of an archaeological narrative made by Michael Brookes (RIP) or it’s just an Easter Egg.

Following discussions with @Jorki Rasalas regards the relationship between Demeter, Hectate, Artemis and Persephone, in regards to my underworld theory denoting the passage in the Codex about the ‘Cities of hold, Sunken kingdoms and Mythical lands’, I still could not understand why Hecate was so far removed from this very obvious ‘underworld area’ given the close relationship between these characters.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-quest-to-find-raxxla.168253/post-10101133

I then recalled that within this area there also exists the Anemoi winds, which identify a very weird North / South alignment, which is actually slightly off from galactic north.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-quest-to-find-raxxla.168253/post-10129970

Please find below the Yggdrasil system (named) but aligned against the Anemoi North / South.

It would now seem some correlation appears. But I am not so well versed in North mythology. And there are certain Norse named systems which I don’t rightly understand their placement. So the question is: Within this new alignment, do the named systems make any sense?

My proposition is that if this orientation is correct, and places the Norse underworld within the same orientation as the Greek Underworld, if true then this theory ties directly into the ‘Underworld’ theory and the two correspond.

*Image below shows the in game systems linked to Yggdrasil (green) and those tonNorse Runes (blue), aligned against the Anemoi (green). With Hecate, Demeter, Artimis and Persephone (white) inserted.

View attachment 361348
Will email this to a mate of mine who runs the area's Viking Society, he's Danish and is a mine of information on this stuff.
As a Druid the tree is represented throughout all pagan religions just within druidry it only connects 3 realms (there's a 4th outside) but its an Oak not an Ash, something we have often discussed.

O7

I don’t wish to speculate too much into ‘meaning’ I am more concerned about where certain systems are in relation to this hypothetical north south orientation?

If viewed in its normal alignment Hel is somewhat higher up, almost at the supposed equator, but if you apply this axis it shifts to a shared underworld area!

Last edited:
just putting this out there...but why is our search usually limited by most to 200ly while Phobos (Generation ship) is 272ly out from Sol
Good question. There is also the matter of having fuel scoops definitively by 2411 ("Logistical Nightmare" in Beta Hydri). That said, Sirius Corporation apparently originated in Sol (see Li Qin Jao research team reference in "Early Hyperspace" in Tau Ceti). Sirius Corporation moved to the Sirius system sometime shortly after Raxxla is first written about by Art Tornvquist in Tau Ceti (approximately 2300 - 2330 - sorry but don't remember exactly).

The reason I mention that is fuel scoops could, at least in theory, push distance traveled to nearly the edge of the galaxy given the 66 year gap between 2230 and 2296 ("Early Colonies" in Altair). In modern eras, a trip to the core without a carrier takes several months of dedicated travel without much distraction.

The short version of why l suspect the Raxxla search has been historically less than 200 LY: it was very hard to prove a very far distance of travel. This was all the more true of us being told Hyperspace wasn't really commercially viable until 3297 (however there are certainly counter-examples).

Last edited:
My proposition is; if this orientation is correct, then it places the Norse underworld within the same alignment as that of the Greek Underworld, if true then this theory ties the ‘Yggdrasil’ theory directly into the ‘Underworld’ theory and the two correspond.
The Norse cosmogony is layered with Midgard in the Middle. You probably also want to factor 3 key systems: Alioth (contains planet Bifrost and station Golden Gate), Bifrost, and Bilfost. These are the rainbow bridge that connected the Earthly realms (Midgard) to heaven (Asgard). With any luck, these would hopefully be approximately parallel to the true axis.

Your image:
Rochester-UpperYggradasil.jpg

The Norse Cosmogony per Niflheim Wikipedia:
WHEATON(1844) The Cosmos in the Norse mythology.jpg

Start at Nifelhel. It is an alternative name for the Norse underworld or Hel. Pretty sure there is a Nastrond system and Utgard. Hopefully, this is enough points to test the true axis of Axis Mundi/Yggradasil. Be warned: the tree is not straight in most renditions and sometimes there are several locations at a given level. I hope this helps.

Last edited:
I honestly don't anticipate a perfect line. This appears to the closest to the core of the path (factoring Norse cosmogony):

Nifelhel or Niflheimri -> Jotunheim -> Midgard -> Alfheim

Last edited:
An interesting aside: there are two tribes of Norse gods - Vanir and Aesir. To achieve peace, a Vanir (Freya) married an Aesir (Odin). This is paralleled in Greek mythology (though not by way of marriage) that to achieve peace at the end of the Titanomachy either Hecate or Nyx (in alternate versions) ally with the Olympic Pantheon to end the war. Hecate and Nyx were the only Titans honoured by the Olympic Pantheon of gods. Similarly, in the Abrahamic faiths it might be more accurate to say Lucifer (or the equivalent thereof) is the overzealous enforcer of God and not the opposition. Going back to the Greek mythology, Zeus and Hades are brothers who actually got along pretty well.

View attachment 361356

Any ideas on what the dots represent on the map? If memory serves there is a secondary set nearer the core of the galaxy. I will try to get better screenshots when I play.
I'm sorry, but I think we're going in circles.

One more time.

To me the Raxxla logo (as well as other logos) just schematically show the same thing as the picture on the right. In Raxxla's case, it's simply the WHOLE GALACTIC, i.e. it's essentially something you have to look for in the galaxy.
When the codex came up, it became possible to swap information with other players in the finds section.

The Norse cosmogony is layered with Midgard in the Middle. You probably also want to factor 3 key systems: Alioth (contains planet Bifrost and station Golden Gate), Bifrost, and Bilfost. These are the rainbow bridge that connected the Earthly realms (Midgard) to heaven (Asgard). With any luck, these would hopefully be approximately parallel to the true axis.

Your image:
View attachment 361370

The Norse Cosmogony per Niflheim Wikipedia:
View attachment 361371

Start at Nifelhel. It is an alternative name for the Norse underworld or Hel. Pretty sure there is a Nastrond system and Utgard. Hopefully, this is enough points to test the true axis of Axis Mundi/Yggradasil. Be warned: the tree is not straight in most renditions and sometimes there are several locations at a given level. I hope this helps.
Thanks, I had not put my case across correctly - I had covered that in another post, but have since edited to try and clarify.

Please find below some more hypotheses regarding Yggdrasil. Now in previous ramblings I believe I’ve established this structure is intentional, however its meaning and structure were an unknown other than being directly over Axis Mundi and the Greek underworld, it likely is evidence of an archaeological narrative made by Michael Brookes (RIP) or it’s just one of his Easter Eggs.

Following discussions regards @Jorki Rasalas insights about the close relationship between Demeter, Hectate, Artemis and Persephone; and their relationship concerning the Greek underworld, an area which is actually represented in game around Axis Mundi which I’ve established relates directly to the passage in the Codex, about the ‘Cities of gold, Sunken kingdoms and Mythical lands’, however I still could not understand why Hecate was so far removed from this very obvious ‘underworld area’ given the close relationship between these characters.

I then recalled that within this area there also exists the Anemoi winds, the Greek compass, which identify a very weird North / South alignment, which is actually slightly off from galactic north.

*edited:

‘Now the biggest factor is; Norse cosmology has never truly been resolved, and is at best a modern interpretation of an oral tradition; there exists multiple iterations of Yggdrasil in contemporary text, but none are genuinely definitive.

Generally there is a lack of systematization or codification of Norse mythology and is comprised of fluidity ambiguity, and contradiction. Any contemporary pictorial representations are at best speculative and unverifiable‘

Thread 'The John Milton conundrum'
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-john-milton-conundrum.607684/

The example below endeavours to find the correct alignment of the Yggdrasil systems represented in game by FD; is the standard galactic alignment in game correct, or is this version below, based of a ‘in-game compass’ more accurate. Or are the Yggdrasil systems simply arbitrarily or abstract?

Many do seem to correlate with other ‘none’ Norse named systems, indicating a shared common theme or meaning, but then certain systems are named after ‘persons’ not locations, which might indicate errors or that certain systems are not relevant. It is an unknown if many of these Yggdrasil systems are actually irrelevant. I simple wish to establish whether the overall form has more intent, should certain systems be omitted, and does this alignment make more sense?

*Image below shows the in game systems linked to Yggdrasil (yellow) and those of the Norse Runes (blue), aligned against the Greek Anemoi (green). With Greek mythology - Hecate, Demeter, Artimis and Persephone (white) inserted.

View attachment 361380
I’am no expert in norse mythology, but I’m a local so I know a little.

The basis for the mythology and cosmology is greek. Probably came to southern Scandinavia via the amber trade, that started about 1750 bc.
The Nebra sky disk (Germany) and the golden urn from Mjövik(Sweeden) shows that ther was astronomical knowledge in the region.
The Nordic bronze age ended in about 500 bc and the region went in to a bit of a dark age.

When the Iron/Viking age started about a thousand years later, the mythology had diverged into what we know as norse.
Most of it was oral and preserved in poems. There were plenty of local variations.

Many of the written sources we have are from the 13th century. Well after the religion was mostly abandoned.

Earthly realms (Midgard) to heaven (Asgard)
Just slightly off topic and may not be relevant but in paganism there is no heaven and hell, this was a Christian invention.
Midgard (Abred for most Druids) is the terrestrial realm but we have a reverse psychology, we dont see where we are as the 'true' realm.
For us Gwynfyd (has other names) is the true realm, the realm of spirit, we inhabit the Earth as custodians.
Ceugant is the realm of the Gods (Asgard) and is unobtainable to mortals or even spirits.
This is where it differs slightly from our Northern brothers and sisters as they believe they can attain life amongst the Gods.
The most common name for the Underworld in groves around Europe is Annwn, but this is not a bad place, its the place all must travel in the circle - Annwn - Abred - Gwynfyd and round again hence why 3 is such an important number.

O7

It’s a fascinating subject because Greek culture is visa versa influenced by early pan-European migration. So I agree there is a common thread.

In game - however it seems evident to me, these systems were placed specifically, in some abstract Yggdrasil relationship with a clear up/down orientation. I suspect it is the scaffolding for some narrative (which utilises mixed references and inspirations); my theory is that the Greek underworld- which is in game, and those representing the text in the Codex (cities of gold etc) were like wise placed specifically by that author so that they correlate on this scaffolding.

My issue is, some of these Yggdrasil systems don’t seem to be in the correct location, based on various illustrations (of which there are many), I wonder if the scaffolding matches, if you just shift your perspective? Or is the concurrent alignment correct? Or if it doesn’t really matter!

Im not debating theology; If this is true it has great significance. If it doesn’t well it was fun mapping it and obviously it’s just part of an arbitrary naming catalog; but I highly doubt it.

Last edited:
It’s a fascinating subject because Greek culture is visa versa influenced by early pan-European migration. So I agree there is a common thread.

In game - however it seems evident to me, these systems were placed specifically, in some abstract Yggdrasil relationship with a clear up/down orientation. I suspect it is the scaffolding for some narrative (which utilises mixed references and inspirations); my theory is that the Greek underworld- which is in game, and those representing the text in the Codex (cities of gold etc) were like wise placed specifically by that author so that they correlate on this scaffolding.

My issue is, some of these Yggdrasil systems don’t seem to be in the correct location, based on various illustrations (of which there are many), I wonder if the scaffolding matches, if you just shift your perspective? Or is the concurrent alignment correct? Or if it doesn’t really matter!

Im not debating theology; If this is true it has great significance. If it doesn’t well it was fun mapping it and obviously it’s just part of an arbitrary naming catalog; but I highly doubt it.
This is why a part of me hopes we never find our goal, this thread throws up so much new stuff in my life its amazing.
If 10 years ago whilst sitting on a flight case backstage hoping the singer was sober enough to actually perform and not start fighting the drummer, you would have said id be reading Paradise Lost i would have thought you were mad :ROFLMAO:

O7

This is why a part of me hopes we never find our goal, this thread throws up so much new stuff in my life its amazing.
If 10 years ago whilst sitting on a flight case backstage hoping the singer was sober enough to actually perform and not start fighting the drummer, you would have said id be reading Paradise Lost i would have thought you were mad :ROFLMAO:

O7
That’s why we quest ;)

Back
Top Bottom