Nice book

9780807552483.jpg

OK, pondered Paradise Lost over lunch. If Adam & Eve are the toast's vagabonds after their expulsion from Eden then perhaps they're yearning to get back to Eden or Paradise? ...
(musing: perhaps Raxxla a wormhole to transport you to Eden in Alpha Centauri ?? It is a long "personal journey"!)

And I read that in PL Satan considered anywhere without the grace of god to be Hell, so wondered if after the expulsion Adam & Eve are in Hell.. so went from Fall to Paradiso and then Hel.

Paradiso is just two stars, nothing to be found (though cannot check for "comets", but Hel is more interesting. Nothing found but there are plenty of unallocated bodyids!

Hel body search
system address 2175124097379​
Body#
Body
0​
Hel​
1​
ring​
2​
Hel A Belt Cluster 1​
3​
Hel A Belt Cluster 2​
4​
Hel A Belt Cluster 3​
5​
Hel A Belt Cluster 4​
6​
Hel A Belt Cluster 5​
7​
Hel A Belt Cluster 6​
8​
Hel A Belt Cluster 7​
9​
Hel A Belt Cluster 8​
10​
Hel A Belt Cluster 9​
11​
Hel 1​
12​
Hel 1 A ring​
13​
Hel 1 a​
14​
Hel 1 b​
15​
Hel 1 c​
16​
Hel 1 d​
17​
Hel 1 e​
18​
Hel 1 f​
19​
20​
21​
Hel 2​
22​
Hel 2 A ring​
23​
Hel 2 a​
24​
Hel 2 b​
25​
26​
27​
28​
29​
30​
31​
barycentre​
32​
Hel 3​
33​
Hel 3 a​
34​
Hel 3 b​
35​
Hel 3 c​
36​
Hel 3 d​
37​
Hel 3 e​
38​
Hel 4​
39​
Hel 5​
40​
Hel 5 A ring​
41​
Hel 5 B ring​
42​
Hel 5 a​
43​
Hel 5 b​
44​
Hel 5 c​
45​
Hel 5 d​
46​
Hel 5 e​
47​
Hel 5 f​
48​
49​
Hel 5 g​
50​
Hel 5 g a​
51​
Hel 5 h​
52​
53​
54​
55​
56​
57​
58​
59​
60​
Jones Orbital​
61​
Just a personal aside: Hell is pretty damned subjective concept (e.g. Earth's "twin" Venus vs Soontill 1 and varying cultures interpretation of otherworld, underworld, great beyond, etc). So, one person's Heaven may, in fact, be another's hell. Let's take this a step further. I thought "hell" was the story we were given at the beginning seemingly disconnected from the prior lore. What I uncovered instead made that "hell" look tame and sanitized. The old lore is great deal darker than most realize. Though, I am beginning to at least appreciate the demons that got unearthed during the process.

TL;DR: When is a monster not a monster? When you love it. Pretty much all my preconceived notions have been overturned in this quest seeking the great and mysterious Raxxla. Was it worth the trip through Hell? Yes.

Let me put this way: Raffe Zetter wasn't joking when he said:

Rafe nodded. ‘That’s right, Alex,’ he said softly. ‘You can be deadly, you can be dangerous, and you can end up as pet food in orbit around a dog’s ass-of-a-world like Isveve. But if you’re Elite, and you die, then there’s a reason for your death…’

Last edited:
This has been something I’ve found difficult as well, as someone who has read Milton ;).

I had seen ‘Fall’ previously, but ignored it historically because I could not attribute a link, this is how I discovered the Underworld and Lost Realms, because I was looking for PL links…

I do presume there ought to be more in game… there is a weird balance in game, for instance, most of the Greek mythological systems all seem to sit tightly on one side of the ‘Yggdrasil tree’.

On the opposite side (Fall to Pandemonium) there seems to be a void! Maybe there are more PL systems in this area?

View attachment 366237

In PL Lucifer did traverse certain named locations - his journey is very well documented: firstly out of hell there was Sinn and Deaths Bridge / Viaduct; he then set foot on the outer sphere close to the Paradise of Vanity (limbo / paradise of fools); then the waters above / the Jasper Sea, then the Golden Stairs (chain).

Then the great opening between the spheres; then down through the stars and ‘other Eden’s’; down through the constellation Ophiuchus then setting foot on the surface of our sun; then to earth and a particular mountain., where he hid his spear!

Incens'd with indignation Satan stood unterrify'd, and like a comet burn'd that fires the length of Ophiuchus huge in th' arctic sky, and from his horrid hair shakes pestilence and war’ - John Milton Paradise Lost.

Following on from the identification of ‘Fall’ and ‘Pandemonium’ being in alignment with Demeter and Persephone, the image below shows the constellation Ophiuchus (white) in relation to the fall (set against Yggdrasil for context).

The quote above describes Lucifers decent from heavens stairs (golden chain) through the spheres towards Eden, passing across the constellation Ophiuchus (Interesting side note, it’s believed this was in relation to a real comet viewed during the time of Milton).

The constellation in game, is in my opinion, within such a close correlation with the path of the fall, that this could be intentional, potentially confirming the alignment.

Again if this is correct, this and all the other elements, shows an ‘immense’ level of detail committed to the game. Personally as someone with GIS training, this is not inconceivable, all one needs is a good ‘spreadsheet’.

Again if this is true it’s a work of art - Bravo Michael Brookes, bravo. O7.
IMG_7443.jpeg

Last edited:
Incens'd with indignation Satan stood unterrify'd, and like a comet burn'd that fires the length of Ophiuchus huge in th' arctic sky, and from his horrid hair shakes pestilence and war’ - John Milton Paradise Lost.

Following on from the identification of ‘Fall’ and ‘Pandemonium’ being in alignment with Demeter and Persephone, the image below shows the constellation Ophiuchus (white) in relation to the fall (set against Yggdrasil for context).

The quote above describes Lucifers decent from heavens stairs (golden chain) through the spheres towards Eden, passing across the constellation Ophiuchus (Interesting side note, it’s believed this was in relation to a real comet viewed during the time of Milton).

The constellation in game, is in my opinion, within such a close correlation with the path of the fall, that this could be intentional, confirming the alignment.

Again if this is correct, this and all the other elements, shows an ‘immense’ level of detail committed to the game. Personally as someone with GIS training, this is not inconceivable, all one needs is a good ‘spreadsheet’.

Again if this is true it’s a work of art - Bravo Michael Brookes, bravo. O7.
View attachment 366302
Be warned: 36 Ophiuchi is one of those few systems with stations at >4,216,000 LS hauls. Folks, always check your missions for distance at the destination. Holy hell that was a long haul 😜

36 Ophiuchi is also known as Guniibuu in real-life. It is a red star with 2 companions. Might be notable as the page from "Alien World: A Complete Illustrated Guide" describes the star connected to Kiiry (sirens of deepest void - who happen to look Thargoid) as red to the point of appearing to have the fires of hell. It was notably compared to the Demon Star, Algol.

36 Ophiuchi appears to match the amount of bodies in "Alien World: A Complete Illustrated Guide". This legitimately might be the system that contains Raxxla. Well, I guess they weren't kidding about "we know why no one has found it". That's a big damn system.
Raxxla_Altuxor_Ivixor-optimized.png

70 Ophiuchi - no proper name associated

Last edited:
Pondering (again) over morning coffee...
Perhaps we should go back to MB’s tattoo, since he never wrote the book it was reputedly to be for then perhaps it was a clue to Raxxla all along? Perhaps we should find the equivalent in-game systems and visit each in turn? The theme was a journey through the underworlds of various mythologies, and these seem to be reflected in @Rochester ’s findings about the in-game Underworld. It would make sense of MB’s phrase “it’s a journey that everyone has to travel for themselves” ( through life to death). A check for a sequence of system visits would be very easy to code, we know that the game stores systems visited and bodies approached in the Journal file, and I think there are around 20 or so possible system suggestions in the tattoo so a pilot would be highly unlikely to make that same journey by random chance.

At the very least another study of the tattoo might be informative (somehow)-we did throw some ideas around in this thread a few years ago (@Scytale was the main proponent) but it didn't seem to get anywhere. There were some potential uncertainties in possible system interpretations and @Rochester ’s knowledge on the various mythologies will be useful. I remember I made a few attempts at that journey myself but maybe I didn't get the right systems? “Fall” might be the start of the journey! The tattoo’s journey ends at the gates to Paradise/Eden, and I suspect (metagaming) that the hour-long trip out to Eden in Alpha Centauri might be a fitting end to the journey and match MB’s sense of humour....make a mistake in the sequence of systems and it would be a lot of wasted time.

Mmm-as well as Paradise Lost should we be looking at Milton’s Paradise Regained? Perhaps the left half of the tattoo is the Loss and the right half is the regaining??

(Perhaps Raxxla is a gold-plated Hutton Mug? 😁).

Last edited:
Following on from my last post I thought it only fair if I provide my notes on the “tattoo as a map” idea...maybe fresh “eyes to see” might come up with better ideas!

The tattoo pic comes from his website: http://thecultofme.blogspot.com/2015_03_01_archive.html

and the forum Canonn thread https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/ua-mystery-thread-4-the-canonn.195658/page-104#post-3111550

There's Charon on his boat over the Acheron (or Styx) river in front of the door to Hell, Angels playing trumpets over the gates to Heaven.

My son (a Lovecraft fan) said It's not the main Cthulhu story, apart from a tentacled thing bottom right.

Scytale said “Not Cthulhu himself who appears, but Hastur the Unspeakable, jumping out of Carcosa, Aldebaran,with his servant Byaykhees.Some differences between the drawing and the actual tattoo he shows are because it wasn't fully finished when the pic was taken, I think. You can see the St Michael flamigera sword blade not yet drawn. And the trumpet-angel above him is wingless. The keyis on the upper left corner, at the entrance of the Underworld. Where it has to be inserted ? Oh, right ! It isn't on the actual tattoo !”...Hadesis right at his place as King of The Underworld. Not really mixed, as upper left quadrant is Greek, center is Norse, lower right Lovecraftian, upper right is Christian or... what?

serpents lie beneath Yggdrasil: Góinn and Móinn (sons of: Grafvitnir , Grábakr , Grafvölluðr , Ófnir , and Sváfnir?). Three of the roots of the tree support it, and these three roots also extend extremely far: one "is among the Æsir, the second among the frost jötnar, and the third over Niflheim. The root over Niflheim is gnawed at by the wyrm Níðhöggr, and beneath this root is the spring Hvergelmir. Beneath the root that reaches the frost jötnar is the well Mímisbrunnr, "which has wisdom and intelligence contained in it, and the master of the well is called Mimir". the third root of the well "extends to heaven" and that beneath the root is the "very holy" well Urðarbrunnr. every day the Æsir ride to Urðarbrunnr up over the bridge Bifröst.

The conception of the tree rising through a number of worlds is found in northern Eurasia and forms part of the shamanic lore shared by many peoples of this region. This seems to be a very ancient conception, perhaps based on the Pole Star, the centre of the heavens, and the image of the central tree in Scandinavia may have been influenced by it.... Among Siberianshamans, a central tree may be used as a ladder to ascend the heavens. Etz Chaim, Hebrew for "tree of life," is a common term used in Judaism. In the Book of Proverbs, the tree of life is associated with wisdom. In the 2009 video game Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, the tree of life is found within Shambhala; the setting of the game's climax.

Going by Scytale’s numbering (in-game location):

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-quest-to-find-raxxla.168253/post-8001530

(The artist was Luciana Nedelea. upper left quadrant is Greek, center is Norse, lower right Lovecraftian, upper right is Christian)

Han_Zen https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-quest-to-find-raxxla.168253/post-8002246

said “Michael is Aldebaran, Raphael is Regulus, Uriel is Antares and Gabriel is Fomalhaut”; The four royal stars of Persia. They marked north, south, east and west. Later linked with archangels.

ALSO Omphalos is apparently also a place in Crete, near the Triton river. Infant Zeus supposedly dropped his navel (umbilical cord) there.

1 Triton, Dis Pater, Orcus, Pluto

2 Charon, Erebus, Lethe

3 Styx, Acheron

4 Tartarus,Sheol

5 Ammutseba, Mbombo, Bumba, Tzitzimitl

6 Nidhogg/Nidhug, Shaikoth

7 ?

8 Lucifer, Carcosa, Cthulhu, Hastur, Byakh,

8a ?

8b ?

8c ?

8d ?

9 Uriel

10 Michael

11 Niohaggr, Nidhug

12 Valkerie, Harpy, Celaeno

13 Odin, Adam, Ask, Wotan

14 Gna, Eve, Embla, Frigg

15 Yggdrasil

16 Phanuel(aka Paniel, Peniel, Penuel, Fanuel, Orfiel, and Orphiel), Aziraphale

17 Alpha Centauri

18 Paradise, Eden

19 Polaris?? Proxima Centauri/Eden

20 Gabriel

Image.jpeg

Last edited:
Following on from my last post I thought it only fair if I provide my notes on the “tattoo as a map” idea...maybe fresh “eyes to see” might come up with better ideas!

The tattoo pic comes from his website: http://thecultofme.blogspot.com/2015_03_01_archive.html

and the forum Canonn thread https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/ua-mystery-thread-4-the-canonn.195658/page-104#post-3111550

There's Charon on his boat over the Acheron (or Styx) river in front of the door to Hell, Angels playing trumpets over the gates to Heaven.

My son (a Lovecraft fan) said It's not the main Cthulhu story, apart from a tentacled thing bottom right.

Scytale said “Not Cthulhu himself who appears, but Hastur the Unspeakable, jumping out of Carcosa, Aldebaran,with his servant Byaykhees.Some differences between the drawing and the actual tattoo he shows are because it wasn't fully finished when the pic was taken, I think. You can see the St Michael flamigera sword blade not yet drawn. And the trumpet-angel above him is wingless. The keyis on the upper left corner, at the entrance of the Underworld. Where it has to be inserted ? Oh, right ! It isn't on the actual tattoo !”...Hadesis right at his place as King of The Underworld. Not really mixed, as upper left quadrant is Greek, center is Norse, lower right Lovecraftian, upper right is Christian or... what?

serpents lie beneath Yggdrasil: Góinn and Móinn (sons of: Grafvitnir , Grábakr , Grafvölluðr , Ófnir , and Sváfnir?). Three of the roots of the tree support it, and these three roots also extend extremely far: one "is among the Æsir, the second among the frost jötnar, and the third over Niflheim. The root over Niflheim is gnawed at by the wyrm Níðhöggr, and beneath this root is the spring Hvergelmir. Beneath the root that reaches the frost jötnar is the well Mímisbrunnr, "which has wisdom and intelligence contained in it, and the master of the well is called Mimir". the third root of the well "extends to heaven" and that beneath the root is the "very holy" well Urðarbrunnr. every day the Æsir ride to Urðarbrunnr up over the bridge Bifröst.

The conception of the tree rising through a number of worlds is found in northern Eurasia and forms part of the shamanic lore shared by many peoples of this region. This seems to be a very ancient conception, perhaps based on the Pole Star, the centre of the heavens, and the image of the central tree in Scandinavia may have been influenced by it.... Among Siberianshamans, a central tree may be used as a ladder to ascend the heavens. Etz Chaim, Hebrew for "tree of life," is a common term used in Judaism. In the Book of Proverbs, the tree of life is associated with wisdom. In the 2009 video game Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, the tree of life is found within Shambhala; the setting of the game's climax.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-quest-to-find-raxxla.168253/post-8001530

(The artist was Luciana Nedelea. upper left quadrant is Greek, center is Norse, lower right Lovecraftian, upper right is Christian)

Han_Zen https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-quest-to-find-raxxla.168253/post-8002246

said “Michael is Aldebaran, Raphael is Regulus, Uriel is Antares and Gabriel is Fomalhaut”; The four royal stars of Persia. They marked north, south, east and west. Later linked with archangels.

ALSO Omphalos is apparently also a place in Crete, near the Triton river. Infant Zeus supposedly dropped his navel (umbilical cord) there.

2 Charon, Erebus, Lethe

3 Styx, Acheron

4 Tartarus,Sheol

7 ?

8a ?

8b ?

8c ?

8d ?

9 Uriel

10 Michael

11 Niohaggr, Nidhug

15 Yggdrasil

17 Alpha Centauri

18 Paradise, Eden

20 Gabriel

View attachment 366321
If i ignored knowing anything about MB and Elite and just looked at this picture (i have lots of tattoos myself) it is pretty much the sort of things i have, a mixture of cultures.
Depending on where you look and possibly your beliefs you can see and interpret anything you want.
The tree can mean many things, pagans its the tree of life, Christians the tree in the garden, just like the figure 7 can be seen carrying a burden (ie christ) or just being oppressed.
The 'Dragons' (6&8) look Oriental and dont necessarily fit the theme above but again my artwork is the same, my early stuff centered around Bikes,Girls and Mythology, later i had a lot of dragons and Japanese themes added when i studied Kyokushin in Japan and eventually a ton of band stuff when i became involved in tour and event security.
i think there is only one person to decipher this and unfortunalky hes no longer with us.

O7

2 Charon, Erebus, Lethe

3 Styx, Acheron

4 Tartarus,Sheol

7 ?

8a ?

8b ?

8c ?

8d ?

9 Uriel

10 Michael

11 Niohaggr, Nidhug

15 Yggdrasil

17 Alpha Centauri

18 Paradise, Eden

20 Gabriel

View attachment 366321
Pretty sure 8a - 8d are parts of the Draco constellation.

7 will have to think on..

6 might be Hydrus constellation (southern water snake) - Alpha Hydri (permit giver unknown) and Beta Hydri (Federal founder with supremely sketchy history).

Might be notable as the page from "Alien World: A Complete Illustrated Guide" describes the star connected to Kiiry (sirens of deepest void - who happen to look Thargoid) as red to the point of appearing to have the fires of hell. It was notably compared to the Demon Star, Algol.
Wasn't Algol prominently in the Alfred Jeffress Treasure Hunt early on after release? I didn't start until a few years later. Could that whole series have been a Raxxla hint?

Regarding snake-associated constellations - we have several:

Hydrus - This is southern water snake with most notable systems being Alpha Hydri (unknown permit) and Beta Hydri (Federal rank permit).

Hydra - Another water snake constellation near the celestial equator. It is the longest modern constellation but was known as far back as Ptolomy. Alphard is the brightest star and it is uninhibited.

Draco - The Dragon protector of Polaris and the area generally considered to be the northern celestial pole from Earth. It's best known star is Thuban which is also uninhabited. It is circumpolar of the northern celestial sphere as viewed from Earth.

Well, thought I'd try out Starfield for a little light entertainment since I'm stumped on Raxxla Questing...
I have an 8 year old PC so was dubious but ran PCUserBenchmark a week ago which assured me I could run it at lowest settings...
so bought it last week via Steam, preloaded onto my PC, took around an hour to preload, thought there was something off as it's supposed to total around 125Gb but at my download speed and duration thought I'd only got around 77Gb - odd!
started it at 15:45,
Steam started up and ran a download (odd thought I!), half an hour later the download finished,
then it started to download content (???)
15 minutes later...

PCUserBenchmark had lied!..
my GTX1080 is not powerful enough to run it even at lowest settings
😭 😭😭😭

Well, thought I'd try out Starfield for a little light entertainment since I'm stumped on Raxxla Questing...
I have an 8 year old PC so was dubious but ran PCUserBenchmark a week ago which assured me I could run it at lowest settings...
so bought it last week via Steam, preloaded onto my PC, took around an hour to preload, thought there was something off as it's supposed to total around 125Gb but at my download speed and duration thought I'd only got around 77Gb - odd!
started it at 15:45,
Steam started up and ran a download (odd thought I!), half an hour later the download finished,
then it started to download content (???)
15 minutes later...

PCUserBenchmark had lied!..
my GTX1080 is not powerful enough to run it even at lowest settings
😭 😭😭😭
Ive got it to run on my GTX1070 on mainly medium settings, nudging 32fps.

O7

I promised myself if the game was any good i would finally build a new PC.
Think i'll hang onto the 1070 :ROFLMAO:

O7
It probably isn't the graphics card. The damn thing requires an SSD drive. I have a hybrid SSD with an RTX 2060 gaming pro edition and my build would probably suffer. Besides, I am deeply invested into this Raxxla business so don't think I will be doing Starfield. We may loose some CMDRs temporarily but I suspect they'll be back.

Back
Top Bottom