There are two points on this where we got further answers from Drew Wagar:

4.27 - Raxxla was explicitly off-limits to the book authors (and The Club is a DW creation)
5.2 - Michael Brookes was responsible for every single handcrafted system in the game
Interesting.... I don't think I knew MB did all the hand crafted systems (forget so much about this game!)

So I wonder if there's away to work out which ones are MB systems....

Been thinking on the comments about the Raxxla codex being the only evidence in game...

Then using argument modelling to start to try and map out what might be leads/not leads....
That's extremely cool :) Nice to have all that info presented in such an accessible way, thanks!

... "hard to find" in the first place? ;-)

Actually makes me think of something.

I used to play Star Wars Galaxies back in the olden days. Players couldn't be Jedi. Long story short, every single player could unlock a free second character on their account which was 'force sensitive' and would become a powerful Jedi - however, the way to unlock that path was a secret.

Though a loot item the devs added to give hints the player community figured it out; the way to unlock a Jedi character was solved.

But... no-one could tell you how to become a Jedi because the path to it was unique to your account: a particular combination of professions you had to master unique to you, and there were something like 25 professions, and you needed a particular combination of 8 of them (been a long time, numbers are probably wrong, but it's close). It was essentially a combination lock set at your account creation.

It was a journey that everyone had to take for themselves... so to speak.

I wonder if maybe the path to Raxxla is somehow different for each of us, like a specific set of places we have to visit that's pre-determined by a seed in our accounts at creation, or... I don't know, something. Maybe once you've solved the combination lock you get a permit that lets you jump to Raxxla, for example - land on Triton, go to Ross 54, Polaris, whatever. That would be within the game's limitations, and also be something a single person could code in that would remain future-proof.

Edit: Sorry, I meant to say also - maybe that mythological "someone's visit the system where Raxxla is" is someone who randomly and unknowingly did that path and just didn't really know what they'd done, that's maybe why Brookes allegedly said it, because he found it amusing.

Last edited:
Interesting.... I don't think I knew MB did all the hand crafted systems (forget so much about this game!)

So I wonder if there's away to work out which ones are MB systems....
An upper bound would be any system which had a non-Stellar Forge-generated name at launch (which excludes those named in the 34th century like the Colonia bubble and Delphi, plus Trappist-1 which was a fortuitous match).

A lower bound would be any system with a stellar catalog match, which means either it has:
  • A Hipparcos (HIPP), Henry Draper (HD) and/or Gliese-Jahreiss (GL) entry on GalMap
  • A SIMBAD database entry (I found dozens of patterns in a search a while ago, and still failed to annotate a few)

Last edited:
… power resetting …

I don’t believe one can simply interpret the Codex, without first having the eyes to see….namely, understanding the original context…I suspect the author has utilised a number of abstract allegories.

I agree this concept of mapping can assist with interpretation as an application of critical analysis which is very helpful to stress test our understanding and identify unknowns.

…. Power failing…
I was doing it on the basis of MB of it having to be a bit obvious... So more literal for this one..😁

I was thinking about the realms and if they fit in in some obvious way, as well as all the Greek mythology and various other theories... But that would be whole new argument mapping exercise for me (one of a few ideas I had last night)

Are there any codex references for the Milton theory that set you on that course of investigation?

I wonder if maybe the path to Raxxla is somehow different for each of us, like a specific set of places we have to visit that's pre-determined by a seed in our accounts at creation, or... I don't know, something. Maybe once you've solved the combination lock you get a permit that lets you jump to Raxxla, for example - land on Triton, go to Ross 54, Polaris, whatever. That would be within the game's limitations, and also be something a single person could code in that would remain future-proof.

Edit: Sorry, I meant to say also - maybe that mythological "someone's visit the system where Raxxla is" is someone who randomly and unknowingly did that path and just didn't really know what they'd done, that's maybe why Brookes allegedly said it, because he found it amusing.
I like this theory, meaning we can keep playing as we like and expect Raxxla each next star :D without spending time on this like maniacs.

Mind mapping is a useful tool for exposing for criticism your logic in interpreting relationships, but is only as good as the input information.

I've pondered "Rift" in the past. Rift could mean a hole in spacetime, i.e. a gateway (would also fit "door that is also the key") and science postulates this might be caused by a rotating Black Hole. It could also mean a dark nebula, i.e. one that is dust that is not emitting light so appears to be a hole in the galactic background. There is one interesting one, the Great Rift, but IMHO it is too far from Sol to fit the first rumour date, and is pretty big so no use in localising Raxxla:

However a grapefruit-sized black hole might form a rift, and be extremely difficult to detect. I saw mention of the possibility of one being in the outskirts of Sol, IIRC it was a possible solution for a rumoured 10th planet, though FD have decided to put Persephone there.
I was thinking about the rift the other week myself - added it to the list of things to think about but had considered the great rift...

and why is it linked with Omphalos... so the middle rift?

or does it take you to the middle or a rift?

not thought much beyond that at the moment... too many theories/ideas! ;-)

I was thinking about the rift the other week myself - added it to the list of things to think about but had considered the great rift...

and why is it linked with Omphalos... so the middle rift?

or does it take you to the middle or a rift?

not thought much beyond that at the moment... too many theories/ideas! ;-)
Omphalos can mean: navel, a conical stone (usually with a hollow centre) representing a navel, the hub or centre of something. I suspect the inference is that we travel through the hollow centre which will trigger the game to download the instance for Raxxla. Possibly it implies the Rift is a round hole? Possibly it's conical?
Maybe we should be looking for stations named "hub"...

Edit
Quick search on EDSM reports 2594 stations/outposts named "hub". Maybe someone with more patience than me would like to look through and see if anything looks "obvious for those with eyes to see"?

Mmm, there's also a Hubble Variable Sector....?? Hubble telescope might cover eyes to see?

Last edited:
I believe Trinkets have been in-game from the outset, but that is a fair point- it makes sense that Guardian artefacts were a later addition and might be excluded from the Raxxla Quest on those grounds. MB set us this puzzle & I think he played fair.

It's possible that the old, deleted, E/F missions were solely intended to highlight the Trinkets in this context; it is also possible that they were intended as obfuscation and Trinkets aren't required...I don't think there's anything in the Codex that implies their requirement & we have no indication of the mechanism that will reveal Raxxla though an "Omphalos Rift" is hinted but with no hint as to how to find or open it. IIRC the "data crystals" that were the subject of those old E/F missions were supposed to contain a map...logically we should need to obtain and decode that map...."for those with eyes to see". I only remember Trinkets as cargo containers with an ID number on the outside that was the same as the SAP8 containers, and I never got any sound from it though others claimed to have.....and I could see no way to open the container. The only possibility I can see is that they should be taken to a Thargoid "map room"-it's the only location/mechanism I can think of that pertains to maps, but I'm sure that has been tried.

Seem to remember someone posting a pic of a container containing 3 orbs...was that a Guardian object?
I do recall posting the black box flight recorder object image recently https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-quest-to-find-raxxla.168253/page-2#post-2652622
Unless you mean something more guardian glowy-crystal like.

Omphalos can mean: navel, a conical stone (usually with a hollow centre) representing a navel, the hub or centre of something. I suspect the inference is that we travel through the hollow centre which will trigger the game to download the instance for Raxxla. Possibly it implies the Rift is a round hole? Possibly it's conical?
Maybe we should be looking for stations named "hub"...

Edit
Quick search on EDSM reports 2594 stations/outposts named "hub". Maybe someone with more patience than me would like to look through and see if anything looks "obvious for those with eyes to see"?

Mmm, there's also a Hubble Variable Sector....?? Hubble telescope might cover eyes to see?
Great point, this conical hollow opening is actually very similar to the opening upon the Crystalline Sphere within Paradise Lost, which Satan had to enter.

I do recall posting the black box flight recorder object image recently https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-quest-to-find-raxxla.168253/page-2#post-2652622
Unless you mean something more guardian glowy-crystal like.
Is there any way to get a combat Elite quickly in the game ? All we get in the game is monotonous, long hours of work. This applies to, opening engineers, blueprints, ranks, etc.
Why do we think Raxxla can be found quickly?
For example, earlier it was said that Raxxla can be obtained after confirming all the findings in the codex in all sectors ?
Why do we think this is not the case ?

I was doing it on the basis of MB of it having to be a bit obvious... So more literal for this one..😁

I was thinking about the realms and if they fit in in some obvious way, as well as all the Greek mythology and various other theories... But that would be whole new argument mapping exercise for me (one of a few ideas I had last night)

Are there any codex references for the Milton theory that set you on that course of investigation?
Michael Brooke’s was a huge Milton fan, so I’ve always been on the look-out for Miltonian references in game.

Using a spacial mapping process, I took the literal mentioning of Tau Ceti, as a locational point of interest. I then extrapolated the date 2296, to denote a sphere of influence, a zone where the protagonist may have travelled.

I then looked for areas which intersected this sphere, previously I was fixated upon Yggdrasil, and noticed how it actually correlated, then obviously how Pandemonium fell upon this ‘outer rim’.

I then began looking for other locations because Milton was very geographically accurate in Paradise Lost.

Again I don’t think the Codex is ‘literal’, but utilises a mixture of metaphor and allegory to describe certain locations, again this was a writing technique Milton applied…

I wonder if it is a coincidence that after the procedural generation for planetary surfaces was changed with Odyssey the conical mountains at the centre of craters (very navel-like) were no longer generated. Maybe Raxxla could have been mistaken for one?

(I am not allowed to believe in coincidences).

Also, when Sol was changed to add planet 9 and several recently-discovered dwarf planets, we found ourselves with a Persephone as a planet, as well as a station and a star system.

At the end of the Brookes' Tour, the Tourist Beacon directs us back to Artemis.

We have signposts galore - many 'empty' systems have hand-crafted names. Some planets and moons have names. I note that the places named for mountains are all airless, landable bodies - but I do not think any systems are named after mountains. Perhaps the places named after mountains are a hint that we need to look on planetary surfaces?

I wonder if it is a coincidence that after the procedural generation for planetary surfaces was changed with Odyssey the conical mountains at the centre of craters (very navel-like) were no longer generated. Maybe Raxxla could have been mistaken for one?

Also, when Sol was changed to add planet 9 and several recently-discovered dwarf planets, we found ourselves with a Persephone as a planet, as well as a station and a star system.

At the end of the Brookes' Tour, the Tourist Beacon directs us back to Artemis.

We have signposts galore - many 'empty' systems have hand-crafted names. Some planets and moons have names. I note that the places named for mountains are all airless, landable bodies - but I do not think any systems are named after mountains. Perhaps the places named after mountains are a hint that we need to look on planetary surfaces?
I do believe Mountains ARE the key.

My studies into this shows that there is a zone surrounding certain systems denoting mountains.

These could be important because mountains were integral to the journey to the Otherworld. And many of the systems I’ve identified all involve some aspect of travel to an otherworld through or under a mountain. Michael Brookes also talked of mountains.

I am in the process of compiling a hypothesis based around this theory following a significant discovery (relative for myself not Raxxla), which I believe ties it together; it won’t identify Raxxla but I suspect it might give us additional context…on where possibly to look…

Last edited:
Hey, guys. It's been a while since I've been here (since August). Now thanks to some pilots, an expedition to find landscape signal has started.

Here's Canonn Group Expl.

Expedition spreadsheet.

Mattius theory about signal and connection to raxxla

Maybe we can find some information pertaining to the Raxxla.

Now. Back to our bizz.

Louis I've been reading your recent posts, great analysis of the sound data.

For those who don't remember, or haven't read, in my previous posts I put forward the theory that Whisperer of the void is a star or black hole. I also collected audio of various stars.

New Audio from neutron star near Col sectors

Audio above from THIS sector

If you compare with previous audio recordings (you can find in my profile), the sound is very different. And it is very similar to the whispering and distant sounds of targoids.

Now watch the fingers.

Col sectors somehow have a connection to both targoids and guardians. Next to the Col sectors is our favorite Shinrarta Dezra. Also, most Col sectors are part of the Formidine Rift,

You're about to say, whoa whoa whoa, you've got space madness. These places are far away from each other.!

No, guys. They're far away if we jump the normal way. But if we're powered by neutron stars, these places are not only easy to reach, but they allow us to jump from one system to another of the ones I listed with a single charge.

For those who dont know what is neutron Highway

What's my point? Maybe when we speculated about paths to raxxla, we didn't take into account methods of travel? What if all the way to it was to be accomplished not by conventional FSD but by neutron jumps.

One last thing. We've parsed the Dark Wheel toast so many times, we've overlooked something. Like how we look at the galaxy. Normally we open up a map and we have arms at the bottom, arms at the top, etc. We assumed that jewel that burns on the brow mother of galaxies would be on top of it.

But where's the top and where's the bottom in space? It's very arbitrary. But there's logic in convention. Jewel is not a star. It's a world. A world that's like the best jewelry on the head of the galaxy. Which means it must be somewhere up its sleeve. Because it only becomes jewelry when it's desert around. So upper or down?

In my theory, jumping through the neutron pathway (Whisperer) we will come to the Jewel (World far away from bubble).

Or I've finally gotten space mad.

FEk4JjUWQAUF3Lt.png

Using a spacial mapping process, I took the literal mentioning of Tau Ceti, as a locational point of interest. I then extrapolated the date 2296, to denote a sphere of influence, a zone where the protagonist may have travelled.

I then looked for areas which intersected this sphere, previously I was fixated upon Yggdrasil, and noticed how it actually correlated, then obviously how Pandemonium fell upon this ‘outer rim'.
Additions worth considering...

• Arcturus - settled 2304
  • Exphiay - unknown but much further and contains a planet named Discovery and sounds like an ideal communist system similar to Enaness (rumored site of an ancient space-faring civilization).
  • Capella - Contains Duval's Grave and Lawrence's Grave. Very likely humans were here pre-2296.
  • Achenar - Empire founded in 2296.

These are likely the extremes of the bounds of the search area. Exphiay and Capella mean it is quite large.

TheEmpire-Founded 2296_optimized.jpg

What's my point? Maybe when we speculated about paths to raxxla, we didn't take into account methods of travel? What if all the way to it was to be accomplished not by conventional FSD but by neutron jumps.
Factoring this in - we have two ultra-important systems:

- Charick Drift: Contains a white dwarf which would have been around in 2296. Yes, jumping by white dwarf is definitely for the moderately space mad or suicidal. It is only 28.60 LY from Sol. There are also LAWD 26, Sirius, and Van Maanan's Star with white dwarfs. Full list of those within 200 LY of Sol. So this is a viable way of getting far quickly (albeit dangerously) - total of 11 systems have white dwarfs within the viable range with all those less than 150 LY:

- Jackson's Lighthouse: This system is a binary that collapsed into a neutron star in 2672. It is also outside of 100 LY bubble from Sol. There are no neutron stars within 100 LY. However, starting at 139 LY there are 5 systems within 200 LY with a neutron star.

Here's an analysis of jump assist capable systems near Capella given Capella to Achenar is 160.97 LY and thus even a bigger gap than Sol -> Achenar (139.45 LY). Keep in mind discovery happens sometimes between 2097 an 2296 (199 years) unless Raxxla is within Sol as humanity doesn't leave the nest until 2097 (thus Mayflower '97).

White Dwarfs near Capella:
- 11 candidates with closest at 33.70 LY.

Neutron stars near Capella:
- 5 candidates with the closest 18 Camelopardalis C at 139.29 LY. Jackson's Lighthouse again is not yet a neutron star until after 2296.

Top Bottom