Scytale

Banned
If Guardians is related to Raxxla (could be, DB rules...) they'd better(FDevs) to be very cautious and consistent with the story-line...

They will find Raxxla only when FDEVS let them to do it. Waste of time

Nothing in ED is a waste of time (technically, it's all a waste of time; it's a game!) It's not finding Raxxla that's important it's what you're doing in the game to find it (ie playing the game).
Hence, why this thread is still worth visiting even with no clues as to Raxxla

on Raxxla there's an alien construct that's a gateway to other Universes, and all that's in those Universes in the way of bounty, and treasures, and aliens, and life…"
That quote sounds like a pretty classic case of breaking the 4th wall. "Alien device" is your BBC Micro, Acorn, NES, PC etc. It was 80's.

That of course would be boring, and since Raxxla was supposedly added into the game at some point during developement, likely untrue also.

Perhaps these new Guardian orbital installations could reveal something new and interesting to tinfoil about. You know, something like, "while mapping all star systems and objects of mass, Guardians detected an anomaly in our galaxy, an error in calculation they could not identify, only a few isolated areas with unexplainable energy fluctuations.." "An object with unnatural stellar dynamics, undeterminable age or origin, presumed an artefact of some far older civilization.." "The organism was still creeping in the newly built network, where it had evolved and thrived, and could no longer be stopped. Shutting down the dimensional loop was no longer a possibility, so the AI had to shut down itself."

This is the minimum level of weird I'm expecting from new logs, if there are any, otherwise I might stay with reading books and drinking tea at the Gnosis.

I don't understand why you keep bringing up the tattoo, its just a tattoo.

Raxxla Origins

Are the Guardians waving to us from the Andromeda galaxy?

Who built the gateway? An Alien race obviously. The Thargoids? I don't think so, legend tells us they found it and kept it's secret safe. The Guardians? Well they're certainly alien, and they may have had a very good reason for building it; to escape the Thargoid enemy that was wiping them out. So did they escape to another galaxy, and that't why we're only seeing ruins now and maybe a Guardian station/mega-ship, if the new trailer can be believed.

Let's forget the Guardians for a (little) bit. Where would an alien race build a gateway? One guess is in their home world system for easy travel and perhaps even mass evacuation. So one would search for an Alien home world, but where to search for such a place?

I had a look at the galactic map on edsm.net, and there's currently 3(5?) guardian sites (Col 173 Sector) relatively close to SOL. Would an Alien race not build more bases close to home? This area may be worth a closer look. I know, it has probably been searched extensively, but there's probably more non-visited systems our there, just widening the search area a bit.

I counted 7 question marks in the ramble above, but hey, remember this is a quest :)

Btw: Raxxla Origins would a cool title for a book, Drew? (8, I know)

Galactic News: Intriguing Expedition Record Surfaces
https://community.elitedangerous.com/en/galnet/uid/589db33015ac1c292f68b825

Logs from The Cete
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...0-The-Canonn?p=5643560&viewfull=1#post5643560

Last edited:
Are the Guardians waving to us from the Andromeda galaxy?

Who built the gateway? An Alien race obviously. The Thargoids? I don't think so, legend tells us they found it and kept it's secret safe. The Guardians? Well they're certainly alien, and they may have had a very good reason for building it; to escape the Thargoid enemy that was wiping them out. So did they escape to another galaxy, and that't why we're only seeing ruins now and maybe a Guardian station/mega-ship, if the new trailer can be believed.

Let's forget the Guardians for a (little) bit. Where would an alien race build a gateway? One guess is in their home world system for easy travel and perhaps even mass evacuation. So one would search for an Alien home world, but where to search for such a place?

I had a look at the galactic map on edsm.net, and there's currently 3(5?) guardian sites (Col 173 Sector) relatively close to SOL. Would an Alien race not build more bases close to home? This area may be worth a closer look. I know, it has probably been searched extensively, but there's probably more non-visited systems our there, just widening the search area a bit.

I counted 7 question marks in the ramble above, but hey, remember this is a quest :)

Btw: Raxxla Origins would a cool title for a book, Drew? (8, I know)

Galactic News: Intriguing Expedition Record Surfaces
https://community.elitedangerous.com/en/galnet/uid/589db33015ac1c292f68b825

Logs from The Cete
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...0-The-Canonn?p=5643560&viewfull=1#post5643560

Heading out shortly, so only a quick reply for the moment.

The centre of Guardian space seems to be the Regor sector which is permit locked.

Thargoids weren't wiping the Guardians out. The Guardians partially retreated from disputed territory while attempting to negotiate, and then gathered their forces and beat the Thargoids (well the Thargoids which were in that area of space, anyway). (Incidentally, that there had been a territorial cross-over was worked out well before it was stated in the Guardian logs which came in 3.0)

Some Guardians were effectively reaching the mind/machine Singularity via the use of brain implants but were exiled from mainstream Guardian society. Their fate is unkown.

The rest of the Guardians largely wiped each other out in a civil war, and then were finished off by their own AI. (At the behest of their Civilian AI, and objected to by their Military AI.) Fate of the Guardian AI is unknown.

Personal speculation - the Singularity was effectively through Guardian and AI union, and was resulting in exponential development prior to it's interruption. If the Exiles and AI reunited, then there would be 2 Myrs worth of similar development resulting in something far far beyond us. - The creators of Raxxla? Quite possibly. Also, a possible match for what Halsey describes encountering.

Supplemental info:

Regor is the closest WR star to Earth, and therefore a target for scientific expeditions even if just via unmanned probes.

A route can be plotted to the Regor sector using the minimum jump range needed to reach Achenar from Sol. Hyperspace was discovered in the mid 22nd century & Achenar was colonised in the mid 23rd century.

Implications of the above are fairly obvious... (In terms of the secretive side of human history, not Raxxla specifically, I hasten to add.)

Heading out shortly, so only a quick reply for the moment.

The centre of Guardian space seems to be the Regor sector which is permit locked.

Thargoids weren't wiping the Guardians out. The Guardians partially retreated from disputed territory while attempting to negotiate, and then gathered their forces and beat the Thargoids (well the Thargoids which were in that area of space, anyway). (Incidentally, that there had been a territorial cross-over was worked out well before it was stated in the Guardian logs which came in 3.0)

Some Guardians were effectively reaching the mind/machine Singularity via the use of brain implants but were exiled from mainstream Guardian society. Their fate is unkown.

The rest of the Guardians largely wiped each other out in a civil war, and then were finished off by their own AI. (At the behest of their Civilian AI, and objected to by their Military AI.) Fate of the Guardian AI is unknown.

Personal speculation - the Singularity was effectively through Guardian and AI union, and was resulting in exponential development prior to it's interruption. If the Exiles and AI reunited, then there would be 2 Myrs worth of similar development resulting in something far far beyond us. - The creators of Raxxla? Quite possibly. Also, a possible match for what Halsey describes encountering.

Supplemental info:

Regor is the closest WR star to Earth, and therefore a target for scientific expeditions even if just via unmanned probes.

A route can be plotted to the Regor sector using the minimum jump range needed to reach Achenar from Sol. Hyperspace was discovered in the mid 22nd century & Achenar was colonised in the mid 23rd century.

Implications of the above are fairly obvious... (In terms of the secretive side of human history, not Raxxla specifically, I hasten to add.)

And 'Regor' is 'Roger' backwards.
Everyone, search for ALXXAR in the Galaxy Map.

Do we have any in game lore for the origin of the human species?!

Here is a funny hypothesis. We side with the guardians to only later find out that raxxla is their means of escape and earth is the gate. The kicker is, in order to use the gate, they have to smash the moon into the earth to activate it again and destroy all mankind(on earth at least). And they are hellbent on doing it. Even funnier if they put us on the planet for some reason.

Maybe it turns out the thargoid vs guardian is like god vs fallen angels. Which one would be the fallen angels? I'm not that familiar with it. IE, which one is the older group and which the offshoot?

Last edited:
Do we have any in game lore for the origin of the human species?!

Here is a funny hypothesis. We side with the guardians to only later find out that raxxla is their means of escape and earth is the gate. The kicker is, in order to use the gate, they have to smash the moon into the earth to activate it again and destroy all mankind(on earth at least). And they are hellbent on doing it. Even funnier if they put us on the planet for some reason.

Maybe it turns out the thargoid vs guardian is like god vs fallen angels. Which one would be the fallen angels? I'm not that familiar with it. IE, which one is the older group and which the offshoot?

That sounds like a heck of a button.

Do we have any in game lore for the origin of the human species?

I'm sure Guardians would have noticed Earth, perhaps even visited the place, and considered it pretty basic ELW. Or maybe they liked watching giraffes and had some tourist beacons. It would have been very long time ago anyway. Earliest human species started appearing about two million years ago, so it would fit the timeframe though, so who knows..

Mars however, I think that place is something totally different.

Scytale

Banned
Ok. So Guardians and Raxxla may well be related and FDevs want us to play the game. I bet, then, that we must travel the journey with a ship fully equipped with these fancy G-mods. Let's disguise in Guardians...
*Fraggin' my 259th Sentinel... :rolleyes:*

Scytale

Banned
Maybe it turns out the thargoid vs guardian is like god vs fallen angels.

5l7wzzu.jpg

Back
Top Bottom