Random find of the day.

Was undertaking some triangulation.

Demeter (parents grief?); to Eulexia (gift of reading), home to Eurydice (lovers woe?); to Nefertem (creation of the first day), home of Thetis generation ship (sea goddess (the signal Siren / Whisper, Thetis - parents grief?).

Calculated the midpoint of this weird triangle for fun, it being right under Sheela na gig, and Danu. And found the system Avici, Sanskrit meaning ‘without waves’ and the lowest level of the Hindu version of hell or purgatory Naraka, both are in game.

Avici is slap bang in the midpoint zone identified above whereas Naraka is way up, at what might be the ceiling of my hypothetical Empyrean, I’m no theologian, but this doesn’t mix well with all the other deities in that zone, which denote the ‘highest’ points
 not Hindu either but my small understanding was Naraka was situated ‘beneath the earth’ between the underworld and the bottom of the universe!

Sounds interesting if intentionally placed?

In comparison I’ve seen other references in game which, might align with Dante’s Inferno, and these all might be connected (?) into a larger construct, but the foil is stretched thin in this area and technically is ‘backcasting’ and my intuition tells me it’s a ‘fool’s errand’ identifying a potential ‘obvious narrative outcome’, or I wonder if Brookes attempted to align Milton’s universe with Dante’s, which although albeit similar, technically they are not; that or it’s just another Easter egg, or does this identify an anomaly in the game?

We’ve established the positioning of various real life systems might be in error, and if one was not correctly GIS trained such an endeavour I presume might naturally result in such irregularities, remember / if true this was built over 10 years ago, probably via spreadsheet, likewise there is no known in game mechanism to identify these alignments, except our own perception and wider understanding, so very likely they were not intentional?

Avici falls upon my hypothetical border of Milton’s Chaos.

How very odd.

Last edited:
Random thought.

NPCs are persistent, you can follow them, and will re-occur over time, I’ve tested this and it’s consistent.

What if part of the journey is to find a certain NPC and follow them?

Thinking of Elite Legacy, I think it’s possible, I presume that Darik Cavus (oak hearted / cave) was in fact Dark Wheel, this primarily is based upon him protecting his daughter Julia Cavus (Joves child / cave) from engaging in exploration and looking for Raxxla, not less his family’s nefarious business. Then we have that indication from the Codex that some members actively try to keep their children out of the Dark Wheel.

When asked if Julia was still in Artemis, Brookes vaguely alluded she might not be
 and this might align with the book, where her grand father Rex identifies that she will eventually leave Freeholm looking for him, and that he had other family to find himself!

“That depends on whether Julia is still there:)” M Brookes.

Post in thread 'Elite: Legacy'
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/elite-legacy.50320/post-2677329

Do we simply need to find an appropriately named NPC and follow them? Part of me imagines some crashed ship or Hammers pod which has a text log entitled ‘a childrens story’.

Logically another method is via the ‘tip-off’ missions. There’s no discernible method to find crashed ships, without some mission indicator, unless randomly; I still hold out the Cosmological Model has some relevance, which ‘might’ advocate certain systems have relevance over others, or it’s hidden in the text of Brookes Legacy?

These are fixed locations and a tip-off will occur in any system where you obtain significant positive allied status - they are certainly in my opinion ‘not’ linked to the Dark Wheel, but nevertheless, if you ‘want’ players to find something you have to induct them into some mission or direction. To simply scatter ‘clues’ into the void arbitrarily is frankly inane.

If the Codex is the only thread, then surely the objective can be resolved through identifying certain systems, which resolve to a certain fulcrum. If not what mechanism might be applicable which might direct those not so ‘enlightened’?

Where oh where is Julia Cavus?

Did she find the beautiful mountain alluded to by Hammer via the mysterious Beaumont and remember Julia’s farther would have described Hammer as - a ‘mountain man’ like the old gods of Earth. Or was it the cave or hollow to the Otherworld this Darik Cavusa, another form of ‘barrow’, or Hammers grave, likewise; or just the dark Wheel station?

Last edited:
Random thought.

NPCs are persistent, you can follow them, and will re-occur over time, I’ve tested this and it’s consistent.

What if part of the journey is to find a certain NPC and follow them?

Thinking of Elite Legacy, I think it’s possible, I presume that Darik Cavus (oak hearted / cave) was in fact Dark Wheel, this primarily is based upon him protecting his daughter Julia Cavus (Joves child / cave) from engaging in exploration and looking for Raxxla, not less his family’s nefarious business. Then we have that indication from the Codex that some members actively try to keep their children out of the Dark Wheel.

When asked if Julia was still in Artemis, Brookes vaguely alluded she might not be
 and this might align with the book, where her grand father Rex identifies that she will eventually leave Freeholm looking for him, and that he had other family to find himself!

“That depends on whether Julia is still there:)” M Brookes.

Post in thread 'Elite: Legacy'
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/elite-legacy.50320/post-2677329

Do we simply need to find an appropriately named NPC and follow them? Part of me imagines some crashed ship or Hammers pod which has a text log entitled ‘a childrens story’.

Logically another method is via the ‘tip-off’ missions. There’s no discernible method to find crashed ships, without some mission indicator, unless randomly; I still hold out the Cosmological Model has some relevance, which ‘might’ advocate certain systems have relevance over others, or it’s hidden in the text of Brookes Legacy?

These are fixed locations and a tip-off will occur in any system where you obtain significant positive allied status - they are certainly in my opinion ‘not’ linked to the Dark Wheel, but nevertheless, if you ‘want’ players to find something you have to induct them into some mission or direction. To simply scatter ‘clues’ into the void arbitrarily is frankly inane.

If the Codex is the only thread, then surely the objective can be resolved through identifying certain systems, which resolve to a certain fulcrum. If not what mechanism might be applicable which might direct those not so ‘enlightened’?

Where oh where is Julia Cavus?

Did she find the beautiful mountain, the cave to the Otherworld, or the dark Wheel station?
Tracked 2 Dark Wheel ships jumping from Jameson Memorial (no interesting names); lost first ship after 3rd jump; lost second ship after jump 5 after I lost patience and exited the game.

One note: Surprisingly few Dark Wheel ships observed at Jameson Memorial.

On a positive note: Got a lot of scan data :)

Maybe it's time to search for the king's hollow...
This is exactly where my mind’s trajectory was aligning.

The various allusions in the text, might be references to the Norse/Celt/Saxon mythology of transportation to the Otherworld via burial.

The existence of the Lost Realms zone in game has a relevance not simply as a fulcrum, but that as a Holdstock Easter egg. In my opinion the mystery of Raxxla is certainly a homage to Holdstock and the game authors have shaped their narrative utilising various concepts promoted by Robert Holdstock (RH).

In R Holdstocks book Lost Realms he not only talks of these realms as examples of Eden but likewise of the Otherworld and of Mountains, Caves and Barrows as liminal locations to travel there.

I believe M Brookes book Legacy, if not doing so utilising some other method, might be referencing this indirectly via the names and descriptions in that text.

Julia Cavus - Joves child of the cave / hollow. Wants to be an explorer and find Raxxla, but can’t due to her responsibilities and her father’s wishes, he who tried so hard to keep her safe!

Eventually she discovers her grandfather Darik Cavus - Oak hearted, cave / hollow who yes identifies that she will eventually come looking for him, and remember how he says he has other family out there!

Hammer - described by Julia’s recollection used by her farther - as an old god of the northern mountains. Probably Thor, and confirmed by Brookes as a portrait of himself; talks of the mysterious Beaumont insurrection, the beautiful mountain which if we accept his direction indicators is below Achenar a zone occupied by the Lost Realms, and which intersects the Brookes Tours, which likewise honours the book Elite Legacy by reminding us of Hammers Celtic/Norse burial.

One suspicion then is the book is telling us to look below Achenar for some reference to Mountains, Barrows or Caves. The Codex was written much later, seems to emphasis this location by identifying the existence of these Lost Realms, this conglomeration or ‘obfuscation’ of Edens,

Legacy potential clues
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-quest-to-find-raxxla.168253/post-10375721

Remember much of my hypothesis concerning Milton is solely a logical projection of back-casting and spacial relationship awareness of in game systems. It may be true but does it point to Raxxla or is it architectural archeology, because for Raxxla to exist in game it must possess a cognitive location and have relevance within the wider game map, it can’t be arbitrary.

If the Codex is to be interpreted correctly, it in my opinion talks of three areas, that of the upper realm, set by the toast, which I believe is a reflection of the Miltonian text concerning the ‘pendant globe’; it’s also possibly due to the reference of Demeter, which falls very close to the system Fall and therefore might identify the Empyrean; but more so it identifies the return of Kore from her underworld zone; later it identifies a zone of influence set by Tau Ceti and the date 2296 which just so happens to intersect the underground zone too; it then identifies the Lost Realms which exist upon that same boundary, and likewise potentially M Brookes book (maybe), which itself I believe identifies these same two locations! So then is Brookes also telling us to look for something linked to a liminal location?

Does this Beaumont insurrection identify a particular path, or does it lead directly to the objective?

The Rogue Cartographies of Robert Holdstock’s Mythago Wood Cycle
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-quest-to-find-raxxla.168253/post-10263892

The talk of caves or hollows, has made me think again about ‘what’ the term Omphalos Rift might actually mean!

An omphalos may be a stone marker, or egg shaped conical object, a protruding hub or raised central area, such as that of a wheel, shield or vessel, it also stands as a descriptive term for the navel and a raised hill or geographic mound.

The location of Crete can be identified as the city of the navel, and similarly the location in Dante’s Inferno is a mountain.

So, one projection is maybe, given the potential clues in game and Brookes book, we may be looking for a ‘mountain rift’.

RH identifies the lineage of the Celts as originating from Switzerland and talks of the sacred mountain and caves of, Hallstatt as being a proto-gateway.

Note Hallstatt is a village on the shore of ‘Lake Hallstatt’ in Austria's Hoher Dachstein, Holdstock may have been referring to the Hallstatt culture.

This other Cmdrs have postulated too, and in the absence of any other information I’m thinking this could hold potential.

This may have relevance given the Celtic focus upon liminal locations in that such a rift or valley might also be a passage to an Otherworld.

So is it, rather than looking for a mountain or peak, could it be that we ought to be looking for a valley or someplace between mountains?

It’s possible that the book and or Codex might not actually point to any specific singular system, what if they only indicate a general area, eg the Lost Realms?

Last edited:
One suspicion then is the book is telling us to look below Achenar for some reference to Mountains, Barrows or Caves. The Codex was was written much later, seems to emphasis this location by identifying the existence of these Lost Realms, this conglomeration or ‘obfuscation’ of Edens,
Correct me here if I am wrong here, but wasn't there a zone of lakes and sunken treasures? Is one of them linked to Diana (the Empire would have used the Roman equivalent of Artemis which is Diana). Calligula built ships to Isis there that sunk. I think we are looking for something related to Diana Nemorensis.

Side note: The system Isis uses Roman numerals to designate the planets. It is a small detail but may be important given the Isis connection to both Diana Nemorensis and Rex Nemorensis.

Last edited:
A further rumination on Satan's female followers (aka Princess Astro Fell):
Astarte (aka Ashtaroth, Astoret, Astarit, Inanna, Ishtar, Istar, Ishara, Ashtart, Astart, Athart, Attar) & Isis (aka Aset, rusat, usa, else, esa, wusa)......Astarte is thought to have informed the development of the Greek goddess Aphrodite and has been associated with the deified morning and/or evening star (c.f. Lucifer!)..... Ishtar's symbol is a star with 6, 8, or 16 rays within a circle (6 featured in Raxxla logo?).....Isis became linked to the Greek lunar goddess Artemis (highlighted in Elite Legacy)??

I have the text as a digital book. No sadly. The only use of the word Princess in that book is singular:

“I had no form of entertainment except for a book, a single book about a young man’s quest to save a princess from an alien dragon. My father must have bought it on the black market. He couldn’t have got it from anywhere else”. “I still have that book.”.

But as M Brookes might have indicated, was Julia still in Freeholm? If not where’s her book? With her, or did she place it in Hammers grave?

Last edited:
The concept of a morality compass in game is interesting however it is hindered by FD inability to communicate what the game actually is.

I personally believe this is because initially the game pre-launch was ‘one thing’ but it went through periods of adaptation, and changed.

We know this for certain because DB said it some years ago, they got it wrong, they wanted players to do and act a certain way, so instead of ‘communicating’ where the toys were, FD adapted the game to satisfy the audiences needs.

Initially one did not have to spend one’s time in game killing things. There were alternatives, but over time the prevalence of ‘nefarious’ missions has expanded exponentially. To the point that the games own perception of morality is obfuscated.

Some think the term ‘dangerous’ means the game is about risk. It is not, DB described that very elegantly pre-launch.

But yes, morally direction was and is still a factor in game, you don’t have to assassinate that President, you don’t have to smuggle those guns
 however the game ‘now’ makes it very difficult not to. Because various toys are locked behind these actions, where as nice actions aren’t.

If such a mechanism was in place it would be an elegant solution. But sadly it’s not one FD are openly promoting. This is a firm which promoted ‘diplomatic’ missions for EDO but never put them in, this is a game which although it allowed us to save NPCs in stations never really advertised it was a good thing to do, nor profitable nor something which had a positive outcome.

I like the idea, and I have been flying by such a morality compass since launch. It does make the game far more interesting but less ‘exciting’, and I still have not seen any mechanism which rewards such action, partly I feel because we all move around the galaxy so much - which as DB pointed out, we simply are not meeting and getting to know those smaller factions, I feel that period or that mechanism is now obfuscated to the point that if it ever were in game it now certainly is no longer noticeable.

We know FD changes the game, I suspect this mechanism was intended at launch but like so many other aspects got nerfed or buried. If that was the way then FD ought to be promoting it, they aren’t, they are going beyond to promote aggression, which is illogical if you have such a mechanism as you would be actively obscuring it.

Last edited:
He drives his ship full of explosives into another ship if I recall
Check VESPER-M4. It is home to Hammers of Slough which are linked to some sort of Demolition Derby.

If not that, check LHS 1963 which has Federal Hammer Corp.

Last edited:
Hammer was originally the son of a trader but then moved to being a farmer from some unknown agricultural world. Hammer was not his original name, which was Commander Mark Lamon.

Lamon means various things in different countries, but it’s Old English origins links it to the Norman ‘Logmadr’ or Scottish/Irish ‘Lamont’ meaning ‘law man’; the French origin of Lamont means ‘up hill’.

He named his ship Hammer too. He was described as a nomad and a crusader. He spent his time baiting pirates, on the rim of the Federation, out of revenge for the death of his farther (trader), but he himself was not a bounty Hunter.

There was a love interest too - Lina Mater (tender mother).

He was described in relation to Norse mythology, as one of those old gods of the mountain. So again a Norse and Mountain reference?

Last edited:
Hammer was originally the son of a trader but then moved to being a farmer from some unknown agricultural world. Hammer was not his original name, which was Commander Mark Lamon.

Lamon is old Celt / Norse for ‘law man’ or French for “up hill”.

He named his ship Hammer too. He was described as a nomad and a crusader. He spent his time baiting pirates, on the rim of the Federation, out of revenge for the death of his farther (trader), but he himself was not a bounty Hunter.

There was a love interest too - Lina Mater (tender mother).

He was described in relation to Norse mythology, as one of those old gods of the mountain. So again a Norse and Mountain reference?
SkaĂ°i (Norse mountain goddess)
Skaði (/ˈskɑːði/; Old Norse: [ˈskɑðe]; sometimes anglicized as Skadi, Skade, or Skathi)

At the bottom of that entry is this in "See also":
Which leads us to ... Skaoismont deep in the Pegasi sector (no not suspicious whatsoever)

Still pondering anagrams.

From Elite Legacy "Julia grew up without toys with a single possession, a book about a young man’s quest to save a princess from an alien dragon"....

"Alien dragon" is an anagram of "Angel Dorian"...

Just found "No longer the innocent in Eden, Dorian is identified with Lucifer, the angel who fell through pride,..."

đŸ€”đŸ€”

Top Bottom