<Snipped>

Still think there’s a tenuous link regards the design and the codex…

Post in thread 'The Quest To Find Raxxla'
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-quest-to-find-raxxla.168253/post-10317020
Codex mentions Fernweh. Fernweh meaning: wanderlust, a desire to travel, a longing for far-off places. The word is thought to have first been used by Prince Hermann Ludwig Heinrich von Pückler-Muskau, a keen traveller (Wanderer). He returned to England in 1828 where he became something of a celebrity in London society spending nearly two years in search of a wealthy second wife capable of funding his ambitious gardening schemes.
Codex Toast: ends in vagabond
Vagabonds are Wanderers, who have a desire to travel...

In Paradise Lost Adam and Eve were expelled from Eden to wander the Earth

Dahan 2e is named Wanderer...
🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

I'm leaning towards Dahan 2e or Dahan 3!!

Spent all afternoon fruitlessly hunting for TOHF; found two ships carrying them, their cargo hatches were far stronger than their shields and hulls!! Gave up at dinner time to go back for my Phantom with the Hatch breakers. 🥺

Really must get on constructing kitchen cabinets 😱

Codex mentions Fernweh. Fernweh meaning: wanderlust, a desire to travel, a longing for far-off places. The word is thought to have first been used by Prince Hermann Ludwig Heinrich von Pückler-Muskau, a keen traveller (Wanderer). He returned to England in 1828 where he became something of a celebrity in London society spending nearly two years in search of a wealthy second wife capable of funding his ambitious gardening schemes.
Codex Toast: ends in vagabond
Vagabonds are Wanderers, who have a desire to travel...

In Paradise Lost Adam and Eve were expelled from Eden to wander the Earth

Dahan 2e is named Wanderer...
🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

I'm leaning towards Dahan 2e or Dahan 3!!

Spent all afternoon fruitlessly hunting for TOHF; found two ships carrying them, their cargo hatches were far stronger than their shields and hulls!! Gave up at dinner time to go back for my Phantom with the Hatch breakers. 🥺

Really must get on constructing kitchen cabinets 😱

Graves are the mountain tops of a remote new world,” inscription in the railing atop the land pyramid in Pückler’s park at Branitz.

Pückler was buried beneath an example of an earth tumulus or barrow, which the Celts saw as passageways to the Otherworld.

1720504757365.jpeg

Prince Hermann Ludwig Heinrich von Pückler-Muskau’s grave site / land pyramid.

Apparently Edgar Allen Poe’s “the landscape garden” might have had some influence from Pückler, his own writings being vaguely transformative, recalling travels through some gardens being likened to some pastoral ‘Otherworld’?

Still can’t find any direct contextual link to game for Pückler other than his use of the word fernweh; otherwise this is a tenuous romantic, abstract influence at best. We can assume maybe there could be some writerly influence, regard style ect, but logically its too wide. This potentially might be an example of why the quest has taken so long to decrypt, not because it is difficult, but because the author may have used unrelated source materials?

FD had indicated as such, through their comments left in the memorial tour…this is not a criticism but, without a centralised context; theme or reference to some map, such abstract or loose relationships are difficult (but not impossible) to interpret.

If these themes are intentional then there ought to be some type of ‘keystone’ which brings them together which we yet to identify, or such commonality was inadvertently removed or obscured, as part of some hypothetical retcon?

Last edited:
The issue is that any 'random' set of anything will eventually show apparently meaningful clumping. That's the nature of random

The Nature of random….

Everything existing in the universe is the fruit of chance and necessity… Democritus

“Come, then, let us create a city from the beginning, in our theory. Its real creator, as it appears, will be our needs.” Plato

on creating a Utopia…

Also translated as:
“The true creator is necessity, who is the mother of our invention."
- a familiar phrase

The constraints of creating a galaxy on 8-bit computers with limited capacity is a large part of what made Elite what it is.

We are talking about cosmology here. With the universe being guarded/created by a program called Cobra…

There is no question that the the spinning hub of our galaxy wouldn't be pivotal in this….

I think also think that we need to look at the Thargoid machine as a model for galaxy creation. - if we are looking for the omphalos … the divine female womb of creation so to say….. look at the thargoid machine… Where exactly are we putting those probes?

2deBzJs_d.webp

Why does the symbol for Aegis look like part of the Thargoid Machine … and not a shield with a Gorgons Head….

aegis.png

It is a representation of the divine feminine - tripartate goddess call her whatever u want Hecate , Nyx…. The Omphalos Rift

ok, lunchtime coffee worked- gave me a thought:

the garden picture shows the "trees" (which we're hypothesising indicate planetary belt hotspots) equally spaced, however none of the candidate belts I've investigated have the hotspots equilaterally spaced, so could the offsets from that equilateral spacing be a clue to the precise location within the belt? I'm thinking of OT Serpentis and Dahan here!
I honestly don't think hotspots are involved here. How long have they been in the game for? I thought it was an addition part way through, or with the release of Horizons or am I failing to remember. I've played pre-Horizons, but can't remember it that well.

I honestly don't think hotspots are involved here. How long have they been in the game for? I thought it was an addition part way through, or with the release of Horizons or am I failing to remember. I've played pre-Horizons, but can't remember it that well.
Hotspots were added in Beyond 3.3 as part of the mining rework (December 2018)

The station designs were added in Horizons 2.2 (October 2016)

Hotspots were added in Beyond 3.3 as part of the mining rework (December 2018)

The station designs were added in Horizons 2.2 (October 2016)
Hotspots were added in at the same time as the Codex.
I suspect we were supposed to work it out a long time before, but part/a lot of the "Raxxla in-game storyline" was removed (the old E/F mission, and maybe lots of PF factions including TDW+their station). When we hadn't MB decided to revamp the clues, including the codex etc.

See
Beyond - Chapter Four - Exploration Reveal livestream 18Oct2018 : @1:29:58 Adam Bourke-Waite (Senior Designer) said “that thing we haven’t shown” (i.e. Raxxla codex entry) “there’s elements of that that are probably my favourite parts of this”... so probably interesting graphics scene when Raxxla is found/activated, and perhaps part of the visual clues to it!
m.youtube.com/watch?v=rtmmmP_waf4&list=PL7glm5rbPHKw5-Bx_eQuz3SX7-dyAiyJh&index=9&pp=iAQB

Graves are the mountain tops of a remote new world,” inscription in the railing atop the land pyramid in Pückler’s park at Branitz.

An example of an earth tumulus or barrow, which the Celts saw as passageways to the Otherworld.

View attachment 396892

Apparently Edgar Allen Poe’s “the landscape garden” might have had some influence from Pückler, his own writings being vaguely transformative, recalling travels through some gardens being likened to some pastoral ‘Otherworld’?

Still can’t find any direct contextual link to game for Pückler other than his use of the word fernweh; otherwise this is a tenuous romantic, abstract influence at best. We can assume maybe there could be some writerly influence, regard style ect, but logically its too wide. This potential might be an example of why the quest has taken so long to decrypt, not because it is difficult, but because the author may have used unrelated source materials?

FD had indicated as such, through the memorial tour…
To old Celts/Pagans and modern Druids like myself the 'Otherworld' was the true world, our rightful place of residence, we are only in this realm (Earth) to protect nature and in some cases a form of 'test'.
Not that it makes much difference to our narrative.
The one in your picture if the river was there when it was built would have been especially important.

Stonehenge and any form of stone circle, (especially near a river) was also the beginning of the journey onwards.

O7

To old Celts/Pagans and modern Druids like myself the 'Otherworld' was the true world, our rightful place of residence, we are only in this realm (Earth) to protect nature and in some cases a form of 'test'.
The one in your picture if the river was there when it was built would have been especially important.

Stonehenge and any form of stone circle, (especially near a river) was also the beginning of the journey onwards.

O7

Do you have any ‘Celt/Pagan’ historical or contextual knowledge which might correlate to the term “beautiful mountain”?

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-quest-to-find-raxxla.168253/post-10375721

Last edited:
I just find it interesting that the dragons in this instance are named after storm gods - usually its the other way around …. Stormgod slays the dragon/snake. The dragon being tied to chaos/nature.

Not plotted these in a long time, but how about understanding their relative positions currently?

How many of these are there in total?
What system are they in ?
Is there a pattern? (Last time I checked there was).
What relation is there between these dragons/titans to the other aspects we have identified?

Last edited:

O7

A Faery Orchestra

There is a tale told in the Lewis of how two young men chanced to be passing a faery knoll at the witching hour, when the knoll suddenly opened and emitted a green light. For a moment the men stood in astonishment, not knowing what had befallen them, until they realised that they were listening to a faery orchestra secreted in the very interior of the knoll. So overcome was one of them by the strains of faery music—he himself being a fiddler of sorts—that he straightway forsook his companion, and made for the green light.

No sooner had the passing fiddler been admitted to the company of the faeries than the knoll closed. And so enchanted was he by the music of the faery orchestra, and he himself contributing his part with a fiddle the faeries had lent him, that he eventually returned to his people in the belief that he had been absent but a few hours, whereas he actually had been away a year and a day. So well did he play his fiddle thereafter that no one dared disbelieve his story that he had performed with a faery orchestra.

Music equally enthralling was once heard by a Skye-man in the Braes of Portree, when passing the hillock known to the Gaelic-speaking natives by a name signifying Faery Knowe of the Beautiful Mountain.

And, then, delightful pipe-music has been heard issuing from underneath the Dun of Caolis, at the eastern end of Tiree; and the old folks of Tiree used to say that to this music they often heard the marching of many feet under- ground
’.

The Peat-Fire Flame, The Moray Press p1937

Knowe (plural knowes) (chiefly Scotland and Ulster) means a small hill; a knoll.

*updated link: Conclusion

Last edited:
Not plotted these area in a long time, but how about understanding their relative positions?

How many of these are there in total?
What system are they ?
Is there a pattern? (Last time I checked there was).
What relation is there between these dragons/titans to the other aspects we have identified?

Im working on a revised area map -but the joys of work… will add that for the weekend.

A Faery Orchestra

There is a tale told in the Lewis of how two young men chanced to be passing a faery knoll at the witching hour, when the knoll suddenly opened and emitted a green light. For a moment the men stood in astonishment, not knowing what had befallen them, until they realised that they were listening to a faery orchestra secreted in the very interior of the knoll. So overcome was one of them by the strains of faery music—he himself being a fiddler of sorts—that he straightway forsook his companion, and made for the green light.

No sooner had the passing fiddler been admitted to the company of the faeries than the knoll closed. And so enchanted was he by the music of the faery orchestra, and he himself contributing his part with a fiddle the faeries had lent him, that he eventually returned to his people in the belief that he had been absent but a few hours, whereas he actually had been away a year and a day. So well did he play his fiddle thereafter that no one dared disbelieve his story that he had performed with a faery orchestra.

Music equally enthralling was once heard by a Skye-man in the Braes of Portree, when passing the hillock known to the Gaelic-speaking natives by a name signifying Faery Knowe of the Beautiful Mountain.

And, then, delightful pipe-music has been heard issuing from underneath the Dun of Caolis, at the eastern end of Tiree; and the old folks of Tiree used to say that to this music they often heard the marching of many feet under- ground
’.

The Peat-Fire Flame, The Moray Press p1937
Great find, i wouldn't have found that in a million years!

Ive been to many Groves over the years and listened to many tales from Irish and Celt mythology, i struggled to find any reference to Mountains in any of the books i have.
The issue is a crossover, Druids/pagans who held Celtic beliefs (The Morrigan / Brigid etc) had no real connection to mountains but forests/woods/rivers and general nature, the British Isles is not known for its mountain ranges!

Anglo Saxon pagans such as myself would have heard of Scandinavian snow topped mountain ranges and tales of the gods we all know and love from the Viking saga's.
Most of my studies and beliefs come from this era where pagans pretty much followed (and still do) the Norse gods (Woden is Odin etc) obviously many of those tales and the story's i grew up with are Scandinavian.

The only reference i could think of so far was more likely a description of Glastonbury Tor (from a text i cant find for the life of me) on the Battle of Camlann.
I really should get my books in some sort of order, my room looks like the library in Minas Tirith :ROFLMAO:

O7

Great find, i wouldn't have found that in a million years!

Ive been to many Groves over the years and listened to many tales from Irish and Celt mythology, i struggled to find any reference to Mountains in any of the books i have.
The issue is a crossover, Druids/pagans who held Celtic beliefs (The Morrigan / Brigid etc) had no real connection to mountains but forests/woods/rivers and general nature, the British Isles is not known for its mountain ranges!

Anglo Saxon pagans such as myself would have heard of Scandinavian snow topped mountain ranges and tales of the gods we all know and love from the Viking saga's.
Most of my studies and beliefs come from this era where pagans pretty much followed (and still do) the Norse gods (Woden is Odin etc) obviously many of those tales and the story's i grew up with are Scandinavian.

The only reference i could think of so far was more likely a description of Glastonbury Tor (from a text i cant find for the life of me) on the Battle of Camlann.
I really should get my books in some sort of order, my room looks like the library in Minas Tirith :ROFLMAO:

O7

Excellent, things are starting to maybe become a little clearer then, thanks for the insight.

The Peat-Fire Flame is available online via the National Library of Scotland and seems to be a collection of Scottish folk stories. I have not read it all, as only found it via key word analysis.

This concept of Fairy folk and their underground kingdom, could be a conflation / adaptation of the various Scottish and Irish mythologies of The Aos Sí; The Daoine Sìth / The Tuatha Dé Danann. Likewise this term relating to ‘beauty’ may link to the various tales associated to these folk, of a beautiful isle or of beautiful woman, both hypothetically a sign of youth and fertility?

This is of interest as such a contextual adaptation was something covered by Robert Holdstock in his book The Lost Realms.

This becomes more interesting given the existence of systems in the bubble with bodies named after Welsh and Scottish hills and mountains, many of these may have links to tumulus or barrows (ancient burial grounds thought to be doorways to the Otherworld) many have old Norse naming origins. There are ‘mountains’ in the UK, mostly attributed to the West and North and of course mostly into Scotland.

Now in hindsight this link is purely speculative. There is little to no evidence in game to support the hypothesis the reference to Beaumont equals ‘beautiful mountain’ that equals ‘the fairies of the Otherworld’, although it is compelling?! Likewise to date, there is seemingly no direct link to any such ‘beautiful mountain’ to Celtic mythology that I can find apart from this one source.

At most this hypothesis is purely speculative.

If true - the author may be either making a direct reference to a specific system in the Lost Realms zone of below it, that has some obscure naming linked to the above concept, or it is the concept itself; that of a liminal space of the ‘Otherworld’ and the various clues are simply identifying a general area?

Technically this is still too wide, without actual evidence, unless it is a conceptual puzzle, in which case it’s already been resolved, more likely the hypothesis regarding Beaumont is simply bias projection, especially so given such a link is tenuous at best.

The Lost Realms of Robert Holdstock
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-quest-to-find-raxxla.168253/post-10214625

Those with eyes to see - The Journey to the pagan underworld to the fairy kingdom
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-quest-to-find-raxxla.168253/post-10342908

*updated link: Conclusion

Last edited:
I just find it interesting that the dragons in this instance are named after storm gods - usually its the other way around …. Stormgod slays the dragon/snake. The dragon being tied to chaos/nature.
"And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within" - Isaiah
The fact these titans are directly compared to dragons does signal to me in a small way that there is some kind of double meaning / play of words here. If the Thargoids are equivalent to seraphim, thus angels of 'good', then are we looking at a role reversal situation. Good is evil, evil is good.

KysFqq-3222598061.gif

What are we being 'judged' for, and for what purpose 🤔

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-quest-to-find-raxxla.168253/post-10331255

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom