Not exactly. The twisted men that Rafe mentioned were never identified as being members of The Dark Wheel. The Dark Wheel were looking for Raxxla knowing full well that it had already been located and inhabited by someone else (The Club?).
Ninja'd!

Though I think that strictly speaking TDW only suspected that there were people already on Raxxla, and they took Jason's assassination as evidence that they were correct in that suspicion.

Scytale

Banned
There might be an additional clue hidden in those names.
About names and clues.
Jason (Ryder) was about setting up an expedition to fly to the prize Raxxla.
Jason set up an expedition to navigate to the prize Chrysomellon , the Golden Fleece.
There is a Chrysus (gold) system in the GalMap.
But in Colonia.
Anyone there might want to take a look ?

Last edited:
Also want to say that I finally finished reading all 296 pages of the thread. Took about 3 weeks reading here and there but totally worth it. If it weren't for you guys and your dedication I wouldn't have got back into Elite. Just a shout of from me to say thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread. You folks are what keep me coming back. If anything needs exploring near Colonia then I'm your commander. o7 Gents

Also want to say that I finally finished reading all 296 pages of the thread. Took about 3 weeks reading here and there but totally worth it. If it weren't for you guys and your dedication I wouldn't have got back into Elite. Just a shout of from me to say thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread. You folks are what keep me coming back. If anything needs exploring near Colonia then I'm your commander. o7 Gents
Top effort, cmdr! Welcome to the thread!

It was, but they were not TDW.
Jason was TDW. He was setting up an expedition to find it.

Not exactly. The twisted men that Rafe mentioned were never identified as being members of The Dark Wheel. The Dark Wheel were looking for Raxxla knowing full well that it had already been located and inhabited by someone else (The Club?).

Ah thanks, I’ve been labouring under a misunderstanding for 33 years!

Hmm, speaking of Swindon and onionhead.... did you know Swindon’s twinned with Disneyland?

I didn’t, but having tried to drive around the magic roundabout once I’m not surprised :D

Scytale

Banned

Great!
Your welcome gift. (Wear it when posting here. We all do !)

fREBn9A.jpg

Rebuy Prospect... but I docked there last night, and I'm sure I didn't see Raxxla.

Oh, and Jorki... while I haven't found your view yet, the last few systems I visited last night there was some serious dust. I'm not sure if it is just a bug, but the Witchhead nebula was not visible. Barnard and Rigel were, and I couldn't find anything on galmap that might obscure my view. Even relogged and went further in. supercruise.

Yes, the dust clouds don’t show in galmap, only in game. I started Tyko off at Assellus Prime & there’s a lot of dust around there; he’s currently doing a short Roads to Riches tour to get some funds towards his own AspX & finding a lot of dust around Col 285 Sector.

Have some rep for withstanding the tinfoil overload & welcome to the club, squadron, group thread!

Great!

Remove mum in law from that apparel at once sir!
they do not fall into the remit of this thread. They exist, are easy to find, always visit without invitation, cause much disruption, & you can’t get rid of them. Perhaps the Thargoid thread would be more appropriate? :rolleyes:

Edit: personally I find the tinfoil shorts are more than sufficient.
p.s. The best thing about divorce is that your in laws automatically become outlaws!

Top effort, cmdr! Welcome to the thread!

Have some rep for withstanding the tinfoil overload & welcome to the club, squadron, group thread!

Yes, the dust clouds don’t show in galmap, only in game. I started Tyko off at Assellus Prime & there’s a lot of dust around there; he’s currently doing a short Roads to Riches tour to get some funds towards his own AspX & finding a lot of dust around Col 285 Sector.

Great!

Ah thanks, I’ve been labouring under a misunderstanding for 33 years!

I didn’t, but having tried to drive around the magic roundabout once I’m not surprised :D

Remove mum in law from that apparel at once sir!
they do not fall into the remit of this thread. They exist, are easy to find, always visit without invitation, cause much disruption, & you can’t get rid of them. Perhaps the Thargoid thread would be more appropriate? :rolleyes:

Edit: personally I find the tinfoil shorts are more than sufficient.
p.s. The best thing about divorce is that your in laws automatically become outlaws!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'll be sure to throw on my new shirt and make a nice pair of tinfoil shorts. It's absolutely necessary in this thread!

I think Raxxla is the ‘Sleeping God’ in Peter F. Hamilton’s Night’s Dawn Trilogy. An artificially created sentient naked singularity able to (among other nigh-omnipotent abilities) create wormholes of any size to places of any distance away, and even to other realms/spacetimes, whose purpose is to assist the evolution of biological civilizations who are able to find it and ask for its assistance. :)

1. Mission Report

a)Prism: Found nothing special / passed all plnetary bodies in approx. 45 ls distance, no findings / iirc the Nameplate on Hiram's Anchorage wasn't lighte, guess this doesn't count as a darkened station. Guess I'll scrape prims off my
list.

b) Shibboleth: Went there nothing special / discontinued search will return.

2. Some thoughts on Jorkis idea concerning the start screen: As ist seems the possible target system does never move. Concerning Astrophel and Stella I thought about another unmoving star - Stella Maris, a.ka. the Virgin Star, a.k.a. Polaris our little permit locked system. Did anyone ever try out whether becoming allied with TDW at Founders World unlocks this system? On second thought the poem Verse 22 speaks of "In highest way of heav’n the Sun did ride,". the highest way of heaven of course is south, so this could be a refference to Stella Asutralis (non permit locked). Haven't tried anyone of both alternatives yet, but thought I might add some tinfoil brew.

Allied with TDW did not unlock Polaris for me

Does anybody have any clues as to what this is?
image0.jpg

Here is text morse code for anybody wanting to chip in:
.---- -....- .---- ----. / ---.. -....- ...-- / ....- -....- ----. / ..--- -....- --... / ...-- -....- .---- / -.... -....- .---- / ----. -....- ..--- / ...-- -....- ..--- --... / --... -....- --... / ..--- -....- .---- -.... / .---- -....- .---- / --... -....- .---- ----- / ..... -....- .---- --... / ..... -....- ..---

Personally, I think this might be a clue to Raxxxla imo

.---- -....- .---- ----. / ---.. -....- ...-- / ....- -....- ----. / ..--- -....- --... / ...-- -....- .---- / -.... -....- .---- / ----. -....- ..--- / ...-- -....- ..--- --... / --... -....- --... / ..--- -....- .---- -.... / .---- -....- .---- / --... -....- .---- ----- / ..... -....- .---- --... / ..... -....- ..---

Thinking language, but the morse is a numeric sequence that isn't hitting any bells for me.

Thinking language, but the morse is a numeric sequence that isn't hitting any bells for me.

1-19 8-3 4-9 2-7 3-1 6-1 9-2 3-27 7-7 2-16 1-1 7-10 5-17 5-2

Caliber

I managed to convert it into binary, but I honestly don't know whether or not that I'm on the right track. I wonder if there's anybody else working on solving this riddle.

Where did it come from?

Back
Top Bottom