Ah, wrong signal, the one that the tech officer was talking about was coming from the Pleiades sector, this one is coming from exactly 10 ly away from Sagittarius A. Below you will find a map put together by one of the researchers showing the systems we have isolated it to. The colors showing the signal strength. The PDF contains the instructions to repeat this research as well as our raw data.If you are interested in helping out join in (link a the bottom).
Source: https://youtu.be/j6KMqFAw2JU

Join the IRH https://discord.gg/pgebTcr

I imagine those systems have all been thoroughly searched though right?

A few observations and musings:
1) Saturn's rings. The entire Sol system is already considered as mapped so you cannot map it again. If there are no hotspots, then this is probably intended.
2) The Dark Wheel station. The Codex states that the original Dark Wheel used a disused starport - this means that they did not build it themselves, that it was once an inhabited system and that the occupants of that starport left for some reason. There are not many things that will cause people to abandon an entire station. However, the Codex does not comment on whose station this once was - could it have been one built by the Guardians?
3) Misjumps. The Achilles Corp. Codex, 1st paragraph, states that misjumps can occur as a result of a computer malfunction. I still think that a misjump could explain how Raxxla could originally have been discovered in such a way that the journey was not readily repeatable. Elite: Reclamation by Drew Wagar features a misjump, although it was not a distant one. I doubt if misjumps are really in-game but it might need very contrived circumstances to achieve if they are, especially as the software in our nav. systems is from Achilles Corp which claims it's very safe so that cannot happen. So how to get a computer malfunction? Thargoid Probes. This will require some experimentation with timing to get a jump to happen at the moment of shutdown but my expectations are low - and I'll need a couple of Thargoid Probes for testing and I don't know how easy these are to come by in 3.3, so it could take a while to find enough.

Dark Wheel.. hmmm... Has anyone got to the Witch's Reach system? This is a closed system by the Pilots Federation. But unlike the closed regions with empty space, it has two stars and a gas giant (Сauldron), very close to the star. The approximate travel time is about 3-4 hours, theoretically if take a tanker, we can get to this system. If there are any clues there, then we will understand that we need to find an admission to the system. Some example
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ocJb-oZZlo

Last edited:
You do know you can't supercruise from one system to another, nothing shows when you arrive. You have to make the jump so need the permit.
Doesn't super cruise work on open systems? I do not know that. I see it in the video with systems, an example if there is a closed territory for future content, they are empty, this is understandable (Polaris, Horsehead regions, several regions in Formidine Rift, etc.). One day, the developer will create there planets, structures, ... but here

Witch's reach is closed on itself, which is unusual and typical for with key systems. And unlike the closed systems, where just a star is indicated, there is a gas giant here and this is the only place in the habitable bubble where no human foot has ever stepped on during the whole game. This is certainly not Raxxla, but it may turn out to be similar to the Dark Wheel Encyclopedia photo.

by the way, where is there any tool or official list of objects that are closed for further development, and which are locked with keys, what systems were given to the kickstarters?. - it would be useful if people had an understanding of whether it makes sense to look for a key, or the system is not ready to accept a player (closed by the federation of pilots - this is a bit strange, since we have the majority of pilots already Elite, twice, thrice and four times .. "archangels"!!. And being at the peak of a career in this organization, they are barred from entering the system.)

Ughkoff: No you can't supercruise into another system - this has been demonstrated ad nauseam.

There is a list of permit locked systems on these fora:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/updated-permit-list.122593/

google is your friend.

Edelgard: Misjumps - these are in game - specifically Jacques's jump to colonia and Halsley's starship one mis-jump. However these weren't player mis-jumps and so in that regard you are correct - at least never heard it reported - you can't mis-jump your ship like you could in the original game. But from a lore point of view it seems that its possible for ships to end up far from where they were programmed to be.

OK I'm currently under the influence of Lemsip (British head cold)...anyone here really good at math!

Following on from formulating Sidney's predilection for harmony within geometry I stumbled upon this...

Is there a pattern...can it be attributed to the codex text?

'Proportional Form in the Sonnets of the Sidney Circle Loving in Truth'

ISBN: 9780198184430

'The structure of Philip Sidney's Astrophil and Stella is governed by a distinctive and complex set of proportions, found also in the sonnet sequences of Fulke Greville and Robert Sidney written under its influence.

For all these works to be ordered around the same set of proportions indicates a remarkable degree of careful planning and precise execution, and in turn affects their meaning.

The tremendous effort of constructing the sequences according to intricate mathematical patterns suggests that the patterns themselves held a particular significance, one that requires investigation for the light it throws on these authors' intentions in composition.

This study reveals cosmological ideas implicit in the form of Astrophil and Stella, ideas which not only undermine much of the romantic and biographically-based criticism of the sequence, but call into question how we should read the sonnet sequences that were influenced by Sidney, both within and beyond his immediate circle.

As well as those of Greville and Robert Sidney, the book looks in detail at the sonnet sequences of Giordano Bruno, Mary Wroth, Henry Constable, Barnabe Barnes, and Michael Drayton, to determine the extent to which the sonnet vogue of the 1590s incorporated Sidney's broader cosmological concerns'

Is this related to Pythagoreanism? Mathematical harmony with the structure of text...

Last edited:
There is a list of permit locked systems on these fora:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/updated-permit-list.122593/
google is your friend.

I'm a little sorry, but your data is not correct, or not supplemented.
The picture shows a spreadsheets from your source, the second picture shows Inara. According to Inara, there was a live person in the system with the ED connector included. Your source does not reflect the information about how live person got there.
As you can see, Google is not a friend, just a tool.. Riddles in the Elite require not a standard thinking.

Attachments

• exel.png
    exel.png
    62.4 KB · Views: 362
  • Inara.png
    Inara.png
    441.5 KB · Views: 352
I'm a little sorry, but your data is not correct, or not supplemented.
The picture shows a spreadsheets from your source, the second picture shows Inara. According to Inara, there was a live person in the system with the ED connector included. Your source does not reflect the information about how live person got there.
As you can see, Google is not a friend, just a tool.. Riddles in the Elite require not a standard thinking.
This is "probably" a case of the controlling faction for HIP 54530 originally being present in other systems as well as their own, from which cmdrs will have been able to gain rep with them and obtain the permit. The BGS then forces HIP 54530 Gold Universal Group to retreat. Now they are only present in their own permit locked system and no new cmdrs can gain rep to get the permit. If you have the permit from the past you can happily enter the system otherwise you can't.

This is "probably" a case of the controlling faction for HIP 54530 originally being present in other systems as well as their own, from which cmdrs will have been able to gain rep with them and obtain the permit. The BGS then forces HIP 54530 Gold Universal Group to retreat. Now they are only present in their own permit locked system and no new cmdrs can gain rep to get the permit. If you have the permit from the past you can happily enter the system otherwise you can't.
perhaps you `re right. Unfortunately, I joined after the game's release, and did not find the moment on kickstart ... but I came across information, where it was said that on kickstart people immediately got access to Shinrarta Dezhra and there was another group of people who might have made large amoun into the project, and maybe they got this system (HIP 54530 ). And system is blocked by account level. Therefore, it would not be bad if the player had an understanding of where the system (or region) is closed for further development, and where systems are locked for a key, etc. This information would save us time.

The Witch's Reach system was from the very beginning; I did not meet it earlier in previous versions of the game or novels. It is close to the Sun, which for humanity was initially far away, Gas giant and two stars have specific names and if the utilities show reliable information, this is the only system in the habitable bubble where no one has ever been. Hence, my keen interest in this issue.

Last edited:
Did anyone see that Etienne Dorn now does life support lightweight. Some things say tier 5 and some tier 4. This means lori jameson is no longer the only means to max exploration. That means combat rank is now not required to explore at max. I thought this meant the idea that having no combat rank couldn't stop you from finding Raxxla. In fact it made me think it was required. This changes that potentially. Combat rank is now optional for max exploration again potentially.

BTW, when did this happen and does he have tier 5 lightweight or only tier 4? He's in colonia.

Coriolos has him listed as tier 5. The wiki has him listed as tier 4.

I'm hoping tier 5 is open now.

Did anyone see that Etienne Dorn now does life support lightweight.

Seems Inara.cz is confirming that as well.

Something to keep in mind when I finally get to Colonia, cheers! Meanwhile, back in the bubble, there's another nine engineers that haven't appeared in the game at all, yet.

Click here, click Government, select Engineer and then Find Minor Factions...

------
Edit: And this is where one pinned recipe from each engineer comes in very handy of course, since lightweight Life Support has no experimental options I can use Lori Jameson's blueprint to G4 any ship, anywhere in the galaxy. All I need to do now is get allied with Etienne, pin his blueprint, and go home.

Hmm, I wonder what else Lori can do that I can pin instead?

Something else I found quite handy with that engineering change was getting G3 Dirty Drive experimental mods fitted by Felicity, then flying to the nearest station to finish them to G5 with Palin's pinned blueprint.

No more transferring expensive thrusters down to Maia and back, yay!

Last edited:
Inara is usually updated very fast. Yes Etienne Dorn now has Light-Weight 5, and Mel Brandon has SCB 4, which makes Lori Jameson not necessary.

Of course, if you unlock her, you can apply experimentals for the SCB without having to travel to Colonia every time.

How the hell have we been doing exploration this whole time without tier 5 ligthweight on something? You would think it would have been scouted out already and found at all cost.

Either way, this means anaconda now has over 83.99ly jump range. Maybe this opens up new places to explore.

New max conda: https://s.orbis.zone/2rxh <-New max range is now 84.11ly, 126.165ly/336.44ly White/Neutron Star boost, 105.1375ly/126.165ly/168.22ly with 25%/50%/100% fsd boosters. Does this open up any new areas?

If we only had lighter sensors. We could get rid of drive distributor and get more range. Maybe one day we will be able to pick more sensor types.

BTW, if we could install 1D sensors this is what we would get: https://s.orbis.zone/2rxq <- 86.14ly max jump range.

Again, this opens up the potential of no combat rating for raxxla hunting and max exploration builds. Although it goes against what happened in the Dark Wheel book. If that matters.

Last edited:
How the hell have we been doing exploration this whole time without tier 5 ligthweight on something? You would think it would have been scouted out already and found at all cost.

Either way, this means anaconda now has over 83.99ly jump range. Maybe this opens up new places to explore.

New max conda: https://s.orbis.zone/2rxh <-New max range is now 84.11ly, 126.165ly/336.44ly White/Neutron Star boost, 105.1375ly/126.165ly/168.22ly with 25%/50%/100% fsd boosters. Does this open up any new areas?

If we only had lighter sensors. We could get rid of drive distributor and get more range. Maybe one day we will be able to pick more sensor types.

BTW, if we could install 1D sensors this is what we would get: https://s.orbis.zone/2rxq <- 86.14ly max jump range.

Again, this opens up the potential of no combat rating for raxxla hunting and max exploration builds. Although it goes against what happened in the Dark Wheel book. If that matters.

The engineers in Colonia started off as relatively inexperienced compared to those in the bubbel & could achieve upgrades only to level 3. As people are using their services their experience is growing & are able to achieve better upgrades.

Do not confuse exploration with jump range, which is just a tool for explorers. Exploration is not dependent on engineering upgrades. Exploration is about getting out in the black to previously unvisited locations, then investigating and mapping them. If you engineer a ship up to 80ly jumps then that means you’re missing 79.9 ly worth of systems that may be unexplored, in effect you would be travelling quicker but exploring less. A lot of the Formidine Rift searching was done prior to the introduction of engineers; I visited Zurara, and explored the Pha Ain NO-X sector, in a basic 20-odd ly AspX, & had to do a fair bit of jumponium boosting and route retracing to get over some tricky bits.

Raxxla has been in-game since the beta, so also prior to engineers; therefore it can be found without any upgrades (if you look in the right place and in the right way).

Do not confuse exploration with jump range, which is just a tool for explorers. Exploration is not dependent on engineering upgrades. Exploration is about getting out in the black to previously unvisited locations, then investigating and mapping them.

I think that Noobilite's point was that the increased jump range could open up new opportunities to explore previously unreachable parts of the galaxy. Think about the Distant Stars expedition that would have been impossible without the introduction extending jump range via neutron stars it would have been impossible to reach AH Cancri since the jump was around 220 light-years. These new jump ranges mean that even more areas, previously beyond reach, will be open for exploration.

Personally I'm just fine in my explorawinder so I can pick up on some of those systems that the guys in the exploracondas pass over but sometimes you just need the extra reach.

The engineers in Colonia started off as relatively inexperienced compared to those in the bubbel & could achieve upgrades only to level 3. As people are using their services their experience is growing & are able to achieve better upgrades.

Do not confuse exploration with jump range, which is just a tool for explorers. Exploration is not dependent on engineering upgrades. Exploration is about getting out in the black to previously unvisited locations, then investigating and mapping them. If you engineer a ship up to 80ly jumps then that means you’re missing 79.9 ly worth of systems that may be unexplored, in effect you would be travelling quicker but exploring less. A lot of the Formidine Rift searching was done prior to the introduction of engineers; I visited Zurara, and explored the Pha Ain NO-X sector, in a basic 20-odd ly AspX, & had to do a fair bit of jumponium boosting and route retracing to get over some tricky bits.

Raxxla has been in-game since the beta, so also prior to engineers; therefore it can be found without any upgrades (if you look in the right place and in the right way).

U are right, and besides that, having a ship that can jump 70 or 80Ly but them even if u turn into economic jumps so u go to the max number of systems u can and only use that max jump range to get to and from the last point u explored to the bubble or somewhere else to turn in the data, u are left with a ship that turns so bad, moves slowly, that the time u lose when u are mapping a system, landing on a planet to explore and collect stuff, or stop for repairs cause u got too close to a star, but the system u got is the lowest, ence takes more time to do it, will in fact make u explore alot less than a person with a ship with a considerable less jump range, but that has decent speed, handling and cause of that can map a system or explore a planet alot quicker and therefore in the same time that ship that jumps less explores alot more and turns in alot more data than the other.

Its all about choices and balances, i tried alot of ships, some of them i used for exploration just cause it was something totally diferent from what ppl are normally using, just to be diferent, but atm i went back to the Krait Phantom, and im boosting just 43Ly jump range, (still room to improve via engenieering stuff), even with a FSD booster, yup, its low, but if u consider i got pratically all major systems A-rated (FSD, engines, shields, power distributor) and i am packing full AX gear for exploration and combat if need be, ull understand that choice, and with it i can actually do alot more than if i was on a jumpconda that basically could get me from A to B quick but them once there i couldnt do much cause i lacked the systems to do it and at the minimum sign of problems i would had to run the best i could. With the current ship and setup, i do all quick, efficient, and i dont have to run all the time, in some cases i can decide to fight and stand a chance of winning.

A side note that most ppl overlook, with a big ship like the anaconda u need to go to a station with the large landing pad, those normally means u need to fly further to find one and turn in the data, a medium and small ship does not have that issue and there is alot of remote stations that are ways off the bubble, and sometimes u basically negate that advantage in jump range when it comes to turning in data cause u can land a medium ship at a certain system but if u are in a large one u need to jump an aditional 20 or 30 Ly to get to a station, and in the end it all adds up.

As Raxxla goes, im keeping my eyes open, some of the clues putted here im always on the lookout for them, like systems with a gas giant with 8 moons, i always map that last one... Trying to unlock all the engenieers atm and upgrade my ship even further to get more out of the systems, and even inside the bubble the surprises keep coming, so many unmapped planets, moons, gas giants out there! Geeezzzz....

Last edited:
Top Bottom