Has has anyone checked the spirograph nebula in reference to either spiraling Stars or the brightly-lit places in Gan Romero's dream visions? Pictures I've seen of it look amazingly luminous feel like it would be worth the look just for the sight even if it's completely unconnected to anything.

There used to be this pleasant zero-g bar for explorers in the Spirograph nebula that had Kongga ale on tap and a vending machine selling these things for tourists.
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON30oiLBKXw

Genuine replicas of ancient Thargoid artefacts it said, that somehow ended up on Earth in the 20th century and were used as toys for children. Apparently if you played with these things too much or under influence of biologically fermented alcoholic drinks, you would begin to receive mysterious messages from heaven, pure western lands, Elysian Fields, and Tharsis, or that's what the regular patrons of this establishment told me. The story would go on for quite a while, but in the end they all seemed to agree this was why ancient humans decided to terraform Mars and settle their new capital in Olympus Mons. I later heard INRA had to shut that place down.

Has has anyone checked the spirograph nebula in reference to either spiraling Stars or the brightly-lit places in Gan Romero's dream visions? Pictures I've seen of it look amazingly luminous feel like it would be worth the look just for the sight even if it's completely unconnected to anything.
I checked around there today. There’s a Science vessel out there, logs indicates it just stays in that system, but the ships that launch from it jump to a few nearby systems. Other than a Water World and some Notable Stellar Phenomena, I didn’t find anything.
Oh, it is absolutely beautiful though and worth a trip just to look.

I checked around there today. There’s a Science vessel out there, logs indicates it just stays in that system, but the ships that launch from it jump to a few nearby systems. Other than a Water World and some Notable Stellar Phenomena, I didn’t find anything.
Oh, it is absolutely beautiful though and worth a trip just to look.
It’s a fairly popular destination so it would have been surprising if there had been anything Raxxla related there.

Nevertheless, still worth checking - even if there’s nothing Raxxla related doesn’t mean there’s nothing which might be of personal interest. Plus of course thing might change.

The science vessel has been added since I last went. I do remember it being added though now it’s been mentioned - it’s was the result of a player group CG (so probably best not to read anything in to it).

Absolutely. Most places and people in TDW are historical. It’s more like a ‘based on a true story’ movie. Probably put to the pen by someone with an agenda.

Not mentioning a certain Drew's name. Speaking of Drews, oh noes, the penguin is back!

You guys still haven't found Raxxla yet? Oh well, see you in another six months or so.

Too risky I'm afraid. You'll be driven mad by the voices in hyperspace and I wouldn't want that on my conscience. I have to stop my ears with wax in order to survive.

Did you know that if you record the sound of the hyperspace transition then replay it backwards through Audacity, you can hear a voice saying "Stop messing about and just play the damn game".

And here I thought it said "we'll have content for you in game soon for normal players to find, in the meantime, please keep listening". Going deaf and the tinnitus kicking in again I guess. Old age kicking in while I wait for an atmospheric planet to land on before I die.

Last edited:
Top Bottom