Project Dynasty logs may indicate Thargoids, or something else (Guardian AI perhaps?), or space madness, or the attacks by the hexedited minions of The Club, or detections of other ships/Zurara since each group wasn’t aware of the existence of the other Dynasty groups- Zurara tried to contact the other Dynasty groups (log or Premonition? Cant remember) which may have been interpreted as an alien contact. Insufficient evidence to decide, other than FRift is on the way to Bovomit which has been locked since the outset and is therefore suggestive.
Conflux Beta 1/4. Btw, number is wrong here -- by date it is last. Maybe something

ok...got close as I could to exact same distance to 3 star systems I posted some above. Mapped all stars to edsm around, best to calculated point is
Pro Eurl DP-A c15; 3.81 (ly)
Distances at that virtual point:
9638.91; 9638.85; 9638.85
....I assumed Y coord be same though for initial calc. It was almost same, +/- 100ly.

Maybe should try all combinations of each 4 sites of each 3 expeditions and see what happens. But then need some exact algo to get initial center.

Yes
Conflux Beta 1/4. Btw, number is wrong here -- by date it is last. Maybe something
Yes, together with log 4/4, but I’m not saying your premise is wrong, just that these logs are only suggestive of Thargoids. We don't know whether other aliens have the same hyperdiction technology. Possibly even The Club, who seem to have been pretty clued in with INRA, AEGIS etc (reading between the lines, except now we don’t even have the lines!)

As I said it seemed that FD originally planned goids to come from Bovomit but then changed their minds and locked Col70 (& possibly some other areas, can’t remember the timeline). Of course there might be different subspecies/nests of goids scattered around the galaxy.....or other things. 👽🤖🦖

Wonder if Ricardo Bentonio’s “lizard people” was a nod to OISIR-RAXXLA?

On the Dynasty expedition log stuff I did a post in the FR thread a while back: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-formidine-rift-mystery-part-4.324796/post-7945696

It’s got most of the points I was going to make in this thread so just pasting it all below:

——————
I'm not so sure about the direction the Thargoids were coming from stuff.

I've been coincidentally been looking back at what happened when, and in retrospect, the definite in game establishment of the Thargoid - Pleiades connection goes back to 1.3 / 1.4. So if that was a change from something else it happened very early and well before the Dynasty expedition bases were put into game.

Key stuff from 1.3/1.4 being:
  • UAs being retrieved from convoys originally, and speculation that markings on them were a reference to the Pleiades
  • Free floating UAs being discovered near the Pleiades
  • Discovery that the UAs point to Merope
  • Discovery of the 150-170ly UA 'shell' around Merope

The CTD bug with the Dynasty expedition sites also meant things didn't happen in the order they should have. What ended up happening was:

1. The first Hyperdictions by Unknown Ships happen

2. Dynasty expedition logs are found

However, what would have happened if it wasn't for the bug was:

1. Dynasty expedition logs are found (with all the mentions of strange signals, power shutdowns, and ships being pulled out of hyperspace...)

2. Cmdrs start getting pulled out of hyperspace by Unknown Ships, including having their power shutdown...

Looked at that way round, the Dynasty expedition logs would seem to form part of the build up to the start of the encounters with Thargoid ships.

That suggests that the content of the logs isn't an artefact of a change of plan, but rather they were a deliberate part of the plan at that time.

Exact dates they were added would help, but from when things happened, there's a good chance it was in the 2.2.02 patch on 15th Nov '16. If they weren't added then, that still roughly marks the time when FD put in the CG etc that lead to the discovery of the beacons that lead to the sites. It seems to me that it would be a bit of an odd thing to do to push all that forwards with all those things which would have acted as portents of what was to imminently come, if they were in no way intended to provide portents of what was to come.

————

Makes me think about something i've noticed while decorating my ships recently, which probably means nothing at all: while FDev have named the Trader Elite decal "Elite Trader", the Explorer Elite decal is simply named "Elite", as if it was the one that mattered when talking about Elite cmdrs. I'm only Expert in combat so can't see what the Combat Elite one is named.

Don't know if anyone answered this one...

1597162509136.png

And of course this one..
1597162561384.png

No way!!!!
one of the reason's I played elite on the Beeb during the summer as I couldn't go out and my mother (a teacher) borrowed one from school so I could do some programming.... needless to say I got to "Deadly" instead.... ;-)

Never quite made Elite on the beeb or C64 (Dangerous) which is why I was determined to get Combat Elite in this version... then when I got that I got distracted with the various stories and BGS and then forced myself to get the other Elite rankings.... one thing that won't go away is Raxxla, even when I can't bring myself to play the game still read this thread... ;-)

one of the reason's I played elite on the Beeb during the summer as I couldn't go out and my mother (a teacher) borrowed one from school so I could do some programming.... needless to say I got to "Deadly" instead.... ;-)

Never quite made Elite on the beeb or C64 (Dangerous) which is why I was determined to get Combat Elite in this version... then when I got that I got distracted with the various stories and BGS and then forced myself to get the other Elite rankings.... one thing that won't go away is Raxxla, even when I can't bring myself to play the game still read this thread... ;-)
Lol. I'm with you there. A teenager in summer is how I discovered Elite (F:E2 amiga) and got into programming as well :)

Ok ... I see u're skeptical about idea dynasty sites are related to raxxla...
How about another my idea "Mother of Galaxies is Gravity" ?
I'm not! I still think it's a totally plausible theory.

I know Raxxla doesnt tie in directly with rift mystery, but I got the impression codex told us "you missed something". As @simulacrae said...there is a good possibility they were lazy and linked all the mysteries. They could have easily done this without telling DW, so no reason why he would know about it necessarily.

Edit: the wording is too much of a coincidence. To the point where the codex would be a big mistake or deliberate misleading on fdevs part

Last edited:
I'm not! I still think it's a totally plausible theory.

I know Raxxla doesnt tie in directly with rift mystery, but I got the impression codex told us "you missed something". As @simulacrae said...there is a good possibility they were lazy and linked all the mysteries. They could have easily done this without telling DW, so no reason why he would know about it necessarily.

Edit: the wording is too much of a coincidence. To the point where the codex would be a big mistake or deliberate misleading on fdevs part

Im a bit of a lumper... reason why i liked the old mysteries thread was because we werent sure what was thargoid or raxxlan or soontil or guardian... it was all a mystery and to be honest id expect there to be some overlap. I still assume both guardians and thargoids have some info about raxxla and wouldnt be surprised if the clubs efforts had some bearing on it as well. I guess my "lazyness" comment was me being snide about FDs general actions toward Lore these days. But ya would be nice if some mysteries were all their own.

Im a bit of a lumper... reason why i liked the old mysteries thread was because we werent sure what was thargoid or raxxlan or soontil or guardian... it was all a mystery and to be honest id expect there to be some overlap. I still assume both guardians and thargoids have some info about raxxla and wouldnt be surprised if the clubs efforts had some bearing on it as well. I guess my "lazyness" comment was me being snide about FDs general actions toward Lore these days. But ya would be nice if some mysteries were all their own.
Yeh ...and equal remote points to dynasty sites are in guardian space.

Deleted member 257907

D
Does anyone know why Thargoids were attacking some stations? maybe next time we should let them and see what happens.

Top Bottom