So, do you think this is a 999 footsteps of the Moshiach's arrival type of thing?
elite_dangerous_thargoid_refuel_0.png

Me too!
Raxxla has always sounded like an alien name to me, so unless it’s the ‘goid name for their homeworld or a mothership then it might be Guardian. Always felt there was something we were missing about those sites, and their space beacons are definitely overly-fancy for what they (currently) do.

That certainly aligns with my thinking. It's a lot of effort to create those beacons just to point at a Guardian site. I know it's to introduce the guardian tech, as a way to fend of the Thargoids but I still feel like we're missing something about them.

I haven't (and don't know how to) mapped the beacons on a 3d map, but if anyone does know how to could they check to see if there is any Raxxla related shape to their locations perhaps?

/ Ra

That certainly aligns with my thinking. It's a lot of effort to create those beacons just to point at a Guardian site. I know it's to introduce the guardian tech, as a way to fend of the Thargoids but I still feel like we're missing something about them.

I haven't (and don't know how to) mapped the beacons on a 3d map, but if anyone does know how to could they check to see if there is any Raxxla related shape to their locations perhaps?

/ Ra

Canon seem to produce 3D maps of things, have you checked them out?

Edit: Google is your friend! 😁

Last edited:
The goids are going to flip. They will probably start ammoniating earth-likes, to return the favour. I'm sure the Alliance is doing this, to make trouble for the Empire and Federation in some way. They are up to something.
Perhaps off topic but this is my take on the current cg.

1) Alliance Grabs any and all meta alloys they possibly can
2) Alliance Ship builder lakon is seeming over extended for no overt reason. (massive R&D project?)
3) Alliance pokes the highly territorial goids right in the eye after direct attacks against humanity seems to have stopped.

With the Feds and Imps at each other's throats they will be unprepared for the goid's inevitable mass retaliation. The Alliance/lakon will very introduce guardian/meta alloy based hull just in time for the alliance to be humanity's savior. The alliance's MO is to be an opportunist picking up the pieces left in the wake of the two other super powers. Now it seems the alliance is willing to use the goids as a tool to crush the imps and feds.

Perhaps off topic but this is my take on the current cg.

1) Alliance Grabs any and all meta alloys they possibly can
2) Alliance Ship builder lakon is seeming over extended for no overt reason. (massive R&D project?)
3) Alliance pokes the highly territorial goids right in the eye after direct attacks against humanity seems to have stopped.

With the Feds and Imps at each other's throats they will be unprepared for the goid's inevitable mass retaliation. The Alliance/lakon will very introduce guardian/meta alloy based hull just in time for the alliance to be humanity's savior. The alliance's MO is to be an opportunist picking up the pieces left in the wake of the two other super powers. Now it seems the alliance is willing to use the goids as a tool to crush the imps and feds.
Something like that. There are a lot of Alliance people that have Galcop background. They have not forgotten that the Imp/Fed INRA coalition actively used the Thargoids to break Galcop's back. They would gladly give them a taste of their own medicine.

Canon seem to produce 3D maps of things, have you checked them out?

Edit: Google is your friend! 😁

Thanks Jorki!

I'll put the following caveat on my initial finding!

Confirmation bias is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms or supports one's prior beliefs or values. People tend to unconsciously select information that supports their views, but ignoring non-supportive information. People also tend to interpret ambiguous evidence as supporting their existing position. The effect is strongest for desired outcomes, for emotionally charged issues, and for deeply entrenched beliefs.

Interestingly on the 3d map this shape stays mostly consistent on a lot of varied plans of panning, zooming and rotating. I also have no idea what that central bright star is called as I haven't been able to get in-game to check. We'd also potentially be looking for two other Beacons in systems on the top right of this image.

Guardian Beacon - 3d-Map.png

Fly Dangerously
/ Ra

I've been wondering for a while about the badge Charlotte Reynolds wears;
1607331192650.png

I think it looks a lot like Cassiopeia;
Cassiopeia_EN-AU3361785002.jpg

Could the jewel that burns be the Tycho supernova? It was visible in the night sky in November 1572 - about the same time as Astrophel and Stella was written...

I just found out that Tycho has been found already; link is here - The Cassiopeia Project | Frontier Forums

Has anyone been out there recently or been down this particular rabbit hole before?

I've only recently caught the Raxlaa bug again and have started looking back through this thread but it is biiiiig and i've only made it about halfway through so far!!!

Trouble is Tycho G isnt in game.

It has no distance measurements, and therefore won't exist in ED. To place a star they need Declination, Right Ascension, and distance data.

see simbad:

The link you referred to doesn't say they found Tycho G.

With regards to the badge - have you checked that other characters don't have the same badge? If its unique then it may be interesting, otherwise its just part of the procedural image generation used to make the characters you meet.

Last edited:

Could the jewel that burns be the Tycho supernova? It was visible in the night sky in November 1572 - about the same time as Astrophel and Stella was written...

I just found out that Tycho has been found already; link is here - The Cassiopeia Project | Frontier Forums

Has anyone been out there recently or been down this particular rabbit hole before?

I've only recently caught the Raxlaa bug again and have started looking back through this thread but it is biiiiig and i've only made it about halfway through so far!!!
Namnlös3.jpg

Last edited:

I seem to remember that the Cassiopeia Project didn’t find what they were looking for, and the FD response was that it wasn’t in the star catalogues they used to feed into Stellar Forge.
That has always seemed a bit suspect to me (though I cant believe they would outright lie about this either), so don’t know what to think. Maybe Raxxla is a Dyson Sphere around a supernova remnant???

I seem to remember that the Cassiopeia Project didn’t find what they were looking for, and the FD response was that it wasn’t in the star catalogues they used to feed into Stellar Forge.
That has always seemed a bit suspect to me (though I cant believe they would outright lie about this either), so don’t know what to think. Maybe Raxxla is a Dyson Sphere around a supernova remnant???
If they don't want you to find it they could just delete it and nobody would notice.

1000 pages, 5 years, 20,000 posts and countless theories. Yet, I still can't find a way to accurately describe how incredible this community is. Every day we inch closer to Raxxla. Every theory means something.

To the jewel that burns on the brow of the mother of galaxies.

To the whisperer in witch-space, the siren of the deepest void.

The parent's grief, the lover's woe.

And the yearning of our vagabond hearts.

To Raxxla and to 20,000 more posts!

13 still to go! Here’s the first:
I think Macros should have the honour of the 20,000!! 🙂
Or perhaps FD giving us a sensible clue? 😉
I still want to know how we’ll recognise it as Raxxla when we don’t know what it is. Is its proper name, as displayed in nav panel and fss, “Raxxla”? I just want that to be confirmed!!

I think the Odyssey update will be necessary for us to even utilise Raxxla. It talks in the description of the Odyssey update that it will "expand the frontiers of known space". Well, going on foot somewhere isn't going to do that. The American Frontier wasn't expanded into because people decided to walk around the places they already knew on foot. I think Odyssey, as the name suggests, is going to herald a journey somewhere new.

I imagine some device only accessible on foot available only to elites (guarded by TDW), only utilised on foot, which takes you to a new galaxy that has a station or two already set up by TDW, through which you can't bring your previous ships and your credits won't be useable. I reckon it'll be essentially a NewGame+ for the elite ranks.

Top Bottom