The Lovers Woe may pertain to Zhinu and Vega. Star-crossed lovers Zhinu – represented by the star Vega in the constellation Lyra – and a humble farm boy, Niulang, represented by the star Altair in Aquila.
just a thought i have been combing this thread for 3 days now chasing leads. Going to check this out tonight.

I've seen that several posters have made good point about Vega and Lyra. I think the strongest point is the 'Princess Astrophel and the Spiraling Stars'.

Princess star lover and the spiraling stars, seem to fit well with the story of "The Cowherd and the Weaver Girl": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cowherd_and_the_Weaver_Girl

Even more so with the Japanese version of the story: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanabata

Where Princess Orihime(Vega) loves Hikoboshi(Altair) and they are separated by the River(Milky Way).

Orihime is the daughter of the Tentei, who is the Sky King or the universe itself.
Hikoboshi means 'Cowherd Star, or literally Boy Star'.

Lyra itself is the lyre of Orpheus. Orpheus was one of Jason's Argonauts and his music was able to quell the voices of the dangerous Sirens.

There may also be a Mother of Galaxies link to Lyra. The Arabs knew Lyra as a Vulture or Eagle.

The Egyptian goddess 'Mut', which literally means mother and is the basis for word in many European languages, is usually depicted with a Vulture on her forehead.
Some of Mut's many titles included World-Mother, Eye of Ra, Queen of the Goddesses, Lady of Heaven, Mother of the Gods, and She Who Gives Birth, But Was Herself Not Born of Any.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mut

Lyra is certainly worth some deeper investigation.

Edit: Vega was of course also the North Pole star, around 12000 BC. That should qualify it as a propper Omphalos candidate, as well.

Last edited:
One thing that struck me (and I realise I may be taking an overly simplistic view here) is the reference to spiralling stars.
Seems to me to be describing a Neutron star. Everytime I have done a boost it's like the view from inside a washing machine, so I was wondering about this being a more obvious clue than some of the others.

One thing that struck me (and I realise I may be taking an overly simplistic view here) is the reference to spiralling stars.
Seems to me to be describing a Neutron star. Everytime I have done a boost it's like the view from inside a washing machine, so I was wondering about this being a more obvious clue than some of the others.

There’s another possibility. I think everyone so far has assumed “Princess Astrophel and the Spiralling Stars” refers to the “Astrophel and Stella” sonnets by Philip Sydney, however it might also be an association instead of a single entity, i.e. “Princess Astrophel” and “The Spiralling Stars”. Someone recently posted that they thought the earlier clue pointed towards the Maia region, and of course that is now in the Thargoid area of influence. What if the “Spiralling Stars” part of this refers to the display in a Thargoid Structure?

Astrophel in the poem is a bloke (the Author) - no princess :) The name means 'Star Lover' - I think this is likely a false positive, in the same way that obscure biblical analysis gives 'Raxxla' as a form of 'Gallicia' in greek.

Have you been in a washing machine ? :)

The 'child' thing petered out for me. after a couple of missions being given. It seems this is a new game mechanic in 3.3 and also that NPC's called child have been seen in other systems. A cold lead for me at the moment, but maybe I screwed up the sequence or didn't have the pre-requisites, etc. Who knows..

I like the idea of the tale of Odysseus, it being a 'personal journey' - it fits some of the bits of the toast, but fails at the first hurdle, the 'mother of galaxies' bit and also many of the names in the Odyssey are not in game.

The 'Mother of Galaxies' is very curious, as there can be no mythological reference to galaxies, as the concept wasn't around then - there was only the milky way, and the Greek's/Romans had no idea that it was made of stars. Even Andromeda wasn't recognised as anything special - the proper name was 'The Great Nebula in Andromeda' up until recently, that being the name of the constellation where it is found.

It seems that the explanation is either non-mythological or else the plural is a clumsy error - the latter seems unlikely given the importance in the game of the subject matter..

Yelboc

English is not my native language but I had that impression that “spiralling stars” refers to multiple stars moving in a way so that creates a spiralling shape. It’s just our home, Milky Way imho or something else representing a spiral galaxy, like the Thargoid Map. Also it’s just a children’s book and I believe most of the referances will make sense once the story unfolds.

When we talk about Princess Astrophel and the Spiralling stars...why do we insist on it relating to a real life book?

Did you know that a star lover found some spiralling stars, and called it 'Caroline's Rose'?

Happens to be in the Cassiopeia Constellation relative to Sol as well. And in the general direction of her 'brow' depending on which drawing you use.

https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap171115.html

It’s been addressed before and nothing came out as far as I know. My anti-thesis on this is that the in game book is for children, that said irl book is a solid scientific research. I see no similarities in between but yeah, that’s just me. Maybe there are some data links or crashed ship containing few chapters of this in-game book.

My anti-thesis on this is that the in game book is for children, that said irl book is a solid scientific research. I see no similarities in between but yeah, that’s just me. Maybe there are some data links or crashed ship containing few chapters of this in-game book.

I agree. I still think we should be sniffing around for some in-game deserted base or crashed ship that has logs that give more insight on the children's book. a bit harry potter-esq, but it could be a tip of the hat.

I also think the years of things are mentioned so much, because we have to figure out some planetary/star movement based on how long something has been. Might lend some creed to the theory that we won't be able to select it from the galaxy map, and isn't able to be "stumbled upon" in typical exploration fashion.

I also think Raxxla is independent of The Dark Wheel. We should be searching for both, but be sure not to mix up clues about TDW, and Raxxla. I amalso not sure how much Drew Wagar knows, so I don't think his books should be considered for Raxxla. (Though I do think he knows about "The Dark Wheel", he is extremely careful when answering questions about TDW, but when answering about Raxxla, it is pretty clear he doesn't know much of anything.).

There is a video that supports that on ED's youtube. During one of the first Lore videos, the main guy stated that they had 3 authors that worked the story for the Kickstarter with Braben, and that once they got the funding, they helped integrate a lot of Braben's and the teams game storylines, into the actual game lore. They also talk about previous games:

It seems they tried to get a lot of the last 3 games in here. Some big differences being around distances between the stars in this game vs the earlier ones, and having to work around that both story/lore wise and technically.

I encourage all Raxxla hunters to Watch the "lore series" on ED's channel, back when the game was first being developed. I don't think there is any "raxxla" specific clues, but I think it gives a lot of insight into what is lore, not lore, etc. as well as what they were thinkingas the game was being developed. You get hints about the thargoids, guardians, etc, its pretty eye-opening now that we know all that we currently do.

There’s another possibility. I think everyone so far has assumed “Princess Astrophel and the Spiralling Stars” refers to the “Astrophel and Stella” sonnets by Philip Sydney, however it might also be an association instead of a single entity, i.e. “Princess Astrophel” and “The Spiralling Stars”. Someone recently posted that they thought the earlier clue pointed towards the Maia region, and of course that is now in the Thargoid area of influence. What if the “Spiralling Stars” part of this refers to the display in a Thargoid Structure?

I think who Princess Astrophel is, determines what the spiraling stars are. They are 'together' in the meaning.

If the Princess is Vega that loves Altair, then the spiraling stars are the Milky way.

If the chilenerens book is a reversed gender version of the poem, I would guess the spiraling stars are twin black holes or twin neutron stars. Something black but radiant.

The thargoid structure fits well with the mother analogy. Thargoid(queens?) are typical virgin mothers, that creates the hive or omphalos.

Andromeda could be a Princess Astrophel, as she loved Perseus, a neighboring constellation. Both spiraling around Polaris.

Even planets were considered stars in classical times, making Venus/Aphrodite a possible candidate. She loved a lot of figures in the sky. This would probably point to the spindle of Necessity and the classical cosmos model as the spiraling stars.

There are many options. The challenge is to find the option that fits all the clues in a consistent way.

Who is the mother of galaxies?
Who is Princess Astrophel?
What kind of Omphalos?

What about Cora and Art Tornquist(thorny twig)? Do they hint to Phersephone and Atremis? Both sharing the mother goddess archetype and sometimes considered sisters(by Zeus and Demeter). Is it just the date that is important?

On the other hand, we don’t know what Raxxla is in ED, so we don’t know what capabilities it offers (if any) to anyone who can access it!
True!

I suspect you are right in that the Club comprise a group of powerful characters that we hear of often in galnet articles and have no access to Raxxla, but we don’t have any canon source that says Raxxla is inhabited.
Also true. (Though just to clarify, although all of the Club have featured in Galnet, there's nothing to say we hear of all of them often via Galnet.)

However I also think Raxxla is a hidden station that will turn out to have no special capabilities. It might be an alien construction, but I’m not expecting it to be end-game or a super SD.
Hmm... Maybe there is something there but it isn't active and it's not known how to activate it, with all the rumours beings based on things which indicate what the construct should do when active. Which would actually fit pretty well with it being very closely guarded, but with little sign of what might be expected from the use of the construct. <Wild speculation ends> ;)

I agree. I still think we should be sniffing around for some in-game deserted base or crashed ship that has logs that give more insight on the children's book. a bit harry potter-esq, but it could be a tip of the hat.

I also think the years of things are mentioned so much, because we have to figure out some planetary/star movement based on how long something has been. Might lend some creed to the theory that we won't be able to select it from the galaxy map, and isn't able to be "stumbled upon" in typical exploration fashion.

I also think Raxxla is independent of The Dark Wheel. We should be searching for both, but be sure not to mix up clues about TDW, and Raxxla. I amalso not sure how much Drew Wagar knows, so I don't think his books should be considered for Raxxla. (Though I do think he knows about "The Dark Wheel", he is extremely careful when answering questions about TDW, but when answering about Raxxla, it is pretty clear he doesn't know much of anything.).

There is a video that supports that on ED's youtube. During one of the first Lore videos, the main guy stated that they had 3 authors that worked the story for the Kickstarter with Braben, and that once they got the funding, they helped integrate a lot of Braben's and the teams game storylines, into the actual game lore. They also talk about previous games:

It seems they tried to get a lot of the last 3 games in here. Some big differences being around distances between the stars in this game vs the earlier ones, and having to work around that both story/lore wise and technically.

I encourage all Raxxla hunters to Watch the "lore series" on ED's channel, back when the game was first being developed. I don't think there is any "raxxla" specific clues, but I think it gives a lot of insight into what is lore, not lore, etc. as well as what they were thinkingas the game was being developed. You get hints about the thargoids, guardians, etc, its pretty eye-opening now that we know all that we currently do.

Yeah, but despite Raxxla and TDW being totally different things, I think the path of finding Raxxla starts with TDW. It’s just a hunch, but I have experience on many games over 15 years, I’m pretty confident with that possible game/story design choice. So my focus is on finding TRDW after getting Elite on combat.

I also completely agree with you on that last paragraph. You need to understand how said developer do things in order to read between the lines.

Though just to clarify, although all of the Club have featured in Galnet, there's nothing to say we hear of all of them often via Galnet.

True! ;)

Han_Zen mentioned it above before I could say it (going to anyway :)) but “Princess Astrophel” could represent a Thargoid:
since they are all female (I believe)
a princess is a young queen, and queen insects lay eggs, and there are eggs in the Thargoid structures which show the ‘spiralling stars’ .

In conjunction with the possible Maia solution to the earlier clue (who posted that? Can’t find it) then it is suggestive.

When did the cora and art tornqvist live in elite dangerous timeline? I can't find the references to them.

Maybe raxxla has to do with gen ships and early space travel. all within 100 ly or sol. I think I'll visit all such places for fun. It's a bit of a coincidence we are looking for teraformable worlds.

https://elite-dangerous.fandom.com/wiki/Generation_Ships

And here is something that fits gurus stuff. https://elite-dangerous.fandom.com/wiki/Thargoid_Link

Tthis is a path starting at delphi. Follow the containers to new thargoid sites.

Last edited:
True! ;)

Han_Zen mentioned it above before I could say it (going to anyway :)) but “Princess Astrophel” could represent a Thargoid:
since they are all female (I believe)
a princess is a young queen, and queen insects lay eggs, and there are eggs in the Thargoid structures which show the ‘spiralling stars’ .

In conjunction with the possible Maia solution to the earlier clue (who posted that? Can’t find it) then it is suggestive.

Or the Thargoid may have similar mythology. The are an old species. They could have watced the formation of the Pleiades ‘live’. Perhaps it was something special, that made them build monuments all around it?

I don’t know where to find the source of this but a while back now, when questioned about Raxxla, frontier said that one person had been in the system at some point?

If that was said and someone can confirm I’m not just chatting rubbish, then surely Raxxla wouldn’t be as close to the bubble as we think?

I get that space is huge and all that but still, if only one person at that time had jumped into the system and jumped out, we should probably be setting our eyes a Tiny bit further out of the bubble

There might still be clues and things around the bubble but the end destination probably won’t be.

I don’t know where to find the source of this but a while back now, when questioned about Raxxla, frontier said that one person had been in the system at some point?

If that was said and someone can confirm I’m not just chatting rubbish, then surely Raxxla wouldn’t be as close to the bubble as we think?

I get that space is huge and all that but still, if only one person at that time had jumped into the system and jumped out, we should probably be setting our eyes a Tiny bit further out of the bubble

There might still be clues and things around the bubble but the end destination probably won’t be.

This is one of those self-perpetuating myths that has absolutely no proof whatsoever - there has been no claim from Frontier that this is the case nor any link or internet reference to a forum or video that supports this.

Last edited:
Its probably already been said but has anyone made the connection between the reclamation cover and Orion?

DW's series is not confirmed 100% lore, as he himself said that fdev and he did not write about Raxxla, they already had it. From the same AMA, he guessed it would be within a few hundred LYrs from Sol.

Top Bottom