Mmm, think you ought to investigate those!
My thumbs are playing up (more) again after yesterdays foray around Sirius, so a day off. Had jumped out to start asteroid belt investigations elsewhere, but realised forgot to check one thing....too little hair, too few brain cells, too much creaking 👴🏻

But brandy is good pain relief, if you drink enough 🤪

Last edited:
A Raxxla clue?
8822C855-27D4-470C-A4E6-A94D96ED28FC.gif

My lipreading skills are poor, but I suspect he’s saying...
Yes, it’s this size and I remember I put it in the bottom of a filing cabinet. But I can’t remember where; think it was somewhere dark, with steps, & had a sign mentioning something about a crocodile...
But it’s definitely in the Milky Way!
😁😁😁

Raxxla would've been a 'novel' way to retain the older and newer player base in regards to time spent in game as opposed to the same old CG's and Grind.

This is one of many ways, but they may have cost some £££
Regards
Pug

Mmm
Slowly reading Allen Stroud’s PhD thesis that Corr Fellian posted a link for a couple pages back. The Codex is misleading! The thesis says this Federation Guidebook was provided to all authors and Frontier Developments...

The thesis p383 quotes from this lore bible “Mars and the Artefact In 2280, the first non-human relic was found in space. The object, no bigger than a child’s hand was collected by an orbital probe around Europa and quickly brought back to Earth. No information has ever been circulated as to the properties of this item or its origin.

In 2291, the second attempt to terraform Mars was successful. The techniques employed were crude by later standards and the project had taken nearly a hundred years, but finally, humans could walk on the surface and breathe without the need for oxygen suits or respirators.”

So, the “Mars Artefact” may have had something to do with the success of the second attempt to terrform Mars, but it was found orbiting Europa!!! Reminiscent of 2001 Space Odyssey!!

Last edited:
Yep, I reported that asteroid belt at centre of Sol bug back circa 2016!
And no Pulse Wave Analyser until quite late in the game. I think Raxxla is difficult to find but has always been findable.

My latest hypothesis has been in Sirius:
permit locked!

Jewel on brow->Sirius (brightest star in the night sky & high overhead in UK!),

whisperer in witch-space (Sirius Corp FSD expertise, planet Lucifer, Lucifer whispered to Eve, Lucifer & witchcraft)

siren of deepest void (the abyss is an unfathomably deep or boundless place, the underworld, Hell, & Satan whispered temptation to Eve. “In Paradise Lost, Satan falls from the heavenly spheres, plunging through nightmarish limbo for nine days, and landing in the depths of Hell”)

Lucifer (the morning star, the planet Venus (associated with Hesperus (!), Ishtar, Inanna’s descent into Underworld (MB tattoo?)), “light-bringing”, son of Aurora “the Dawn”)

And the codex logo could represent Lucifer covered by cables to gather energy from the NS, while the hexagonal dotted line and centre circle could represent Marco Gwent’s engineer base. Looked closely at Gwent’s base. Looked in the large craters on Lucifer, scanned Lucifer and Waypoint. Searched around the centre (omphalos=hub) of rotation of Sirius.

Edit: oh, and Sirius A & B have rotation period of 50 years! (That’s why I changed my forum avatar to the Hubble telescope pic of Sirius A & B 😉)
And some strange in-game discrepancies:
Sirius A age 400 million years, IRL 242 MYr
Sirius B age 11,140 million years (why so much older than A?), IRL 228 MYr

Lucifer 0.05 Earth mass, radius 2,403 km, gravity 0.35G (was pondering if it’s hollow, bit didnt compare with any similar planet (too much brandy!)

edit2: checked it against other HMC of similar radius and gravity-mass is nothing out of ordinary so not hollow!

But sadly nothing to report! 🥺
Well, it is a valid option to check every inch of the solar system. But I don't think that's the solution, I still think that some kind of trigger needs to be activated to start the Raxxla plot. It could be any system.

Do you want some tinfoil? Why Sol? Why not Sirius?

-Sirius is locked by a permit, any casual gamer couldn't randomly discover Raxxla.

-Sirius is the headquarters of the oldest mega-corporation in the game, why did they choose this place and not another? It only contains two planets and their names are very suspicious: Lucifer and Waypoint. A waypoint to where or what?

-Sirius Corporation are the creators of the new FSD for all ships, perhaps they had access to extraterrestrial technology (RAXXLA).

-Sirius has anomalies when flying within the system with the message "Frame Shift Drive operating beyond safety limits".

-Sirius, in spanish is written "Sirio", changing the letters you get Oisir (OISIR-RAXXLA from the book The Alien World)

-The photo from the Chandra X-ray observatory shows Sirius B suspiciously shaped like a hexagon.

Many systems seem to have some secrets, I don't think we will ever find anything without some kind of clue.
I told you long ago that Sirius was a suspect ... ;) :LOL:

Oh yes, I’ve checked Sirius out before, several times, but thought now I had some reasoning to justify it...
The last thing I had to check was flying into Sirius B, on the basis that its in-game statistics are dubious, and NS/WD fsd boosting came in a while ago and I thought maybe FD might have decided to make a game feature out of a Raxxla trigger.
First attempt I overheated & dropped out just outside the exclusion zone, managed to get away then fsd boosted and jumped-no Raxxla.

Mmm
Slowly reading Allen Stroud’s PhD thesis that Corr Fellian posted a link for a couple pages back. The Codex is misleading! The thesis says this Federation Guidebook was provided to all authors and Frontier Developments...

The thesis p383 quotes from this lore bible “Mars and the Artefact In 2280, the first non-human relic was found in space. The object, no bigger than a child’s hand was collected by an orbital probe around Europa and quickly brought back to Earth. No information has ever been circulated as to the properties of this item or its origin.

In 2291, the second attempt to terraform Mars was successful. The techniques employed were crude by later standards and the project had taken nearly a hundred years, but finally, humans could walk on the surface and breathe without the need for oxygen suits or respirators.”

So, the “Mars Artefact” may have had something to do with the success of the second attempt to terrform Mars, but it was found orbiting Europa!!! Reminiscent of 2001 Space Odyssey!!
Although most of this Thesis was taken in and may be considered Canon you also have to remember alot may have been redacted/changed including the "found on mars" versus "found around Europa" Id personally not rule out the codex being a trow off however I would also take the Thesis with a few pinch's of salt over the current codex due to being recently relevant in terms of said redactions, Good lead however and may be worth looking into :unsure:

Oh yes, I’ve checked Sirius out before, several times, but thought now I had some reasoning to justify it...
The last thing I had to check was flying into Sirius B, on the basis that its in-game statistics are dubious, and NS/WD fsd boosting came in a while ago and I thought maybe FD might have decided to make a game feature out of a Raxxla trigger.
First attempt I overheated & dropped out just outside the exclusion zone, managed to get away then fsd boosted and jumped-no Raxxla.
It's funny you should mention that; a LONG time ago (well, not that long, probably 3-4 years), I did some research around there too. At one point I was in/around Sirius A and got the 'frameshift charge' message one normally gets around white dwarfs - which is Sirius B IIRC. Wasn't able to replicate it - possibly a bug, or I was close enough to B to get the message (at what, 9K Ls?); although I was really close to A at the time (as in orbiting it, fuel scooping distance). So I put it down to too much cheese. Well, put it down to nothing, really. Probably nothing. I flew for a good hour or so in and around A and then moved on since I couldn't get the message again.

It's funny you should mention that; a LONG time ago (well, not that long, probably 3-4 years), I did some research around there too. At one point I was in/around Sirius A and got the 'frameshift charge' message one normally gets around white dwarfs - which is Sirius B IIRC. Wasn't able to replicate it - possibly a bug, or I was close enough to B to get the message (at what, 9K Ls?); although I was really close to A at the time (as in orbiting it, fuel scooping distance). So I put it down to too much cheese. Well, put it down to nothing, really. Probably nothing. I flew for a good hour or so in and around A and then moved on since I couldn't get the message again.
I had the same behavior while i was in procyon years ago to get sirius permit. I think it was just a blast from neutron star that came to my ship. At first time it surprises because you say "what the h***, there is nothing around me".

Yep, it was a bug. You used to get that message anywhere in a system that had a NS or WD. I remember getting it out at the furthest station in Van Maanens!

Last edited:
Although most of this Thesis was taken in and may be considered Canon you also have to remember alot may have been redacted/changed including the "found on mars" versus "found around Europa" Id personally not rule out the codex being a trow off however I would also take the Thesis with a few pinch's of salt over the current codex due to being recently relevant in terms of said redactions, Good lead however and may be worth looking into :unsure:
Indeed, retconning is a bit like “the boy who cried wolf” - once called you never quite believe it, which severely reduces immersion & therefore game believability and enjoyment!

In any case I’ve already fruitlessly searched in & around Europa a couple of times, so just thought it was interesting.

P.S. no, think you’ve misunderstood. The PhD wasnt submitted as lore. It has an appendix which is the Federation lore document which was written by him as the baseline for all Fed lore and was part of the info pack distributed to all the book authors and used by FD. One of the six lore documents he wrote for ED.

Last edited:
Yea I had a similar experience in that system. Reminded me of The Highliner Antares that miss jumped from that system in the lore. Scared the daylights out of me but I’m not sure if I got the message more than once.

I think the first game was set in 3125?
I guess i think of galcop in the original elite as in its prime . According to the wiki by 3123:
“Galactic Cooperative is reduced in its power to that of an interstellar police force due to its failure to fully defeat the Thargoid invasion”

which is why i lean to a little earlier

Top Bottom