Patch Notes Update Update 1.1.05 incoming (19.02.15)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
It seems that only close by object scans give discovery credits (as with detail scanner), not system scans as before. I'm all for this change. It means however that many of those previously credited discoveries like icy moons are now not credited to anyone.

The fix is only for scans after today's update. This will only affect new scans. However stuff that was scanned from before, but not sold, will work.

Regrettably, it appears this is still not correctly working.

Post-patch 1.1.05, I went to "Adria", which had no system information available to me from the Galaxy Map. Upon arrival, everything was "unexplored" for me and there were no "discovered by" tags from another player. I targeted and scanned each planet (and asteroid cluster!) then traveled over 20LY to "Ovinn" to sell the data. No "discovered by" credit was given to me. The system no longer contains any "unexplored" descriptions on the bodies but there are still no "discovered by" tags on any of them either.

Before the patch (1.1.04), I encountered the same exact issue with the systems "Tartarus" and "Manthe".

I have been very envious of the many players who have been fortunate enough to discover systems containing outposts, and would love to claim one for my own; however, every time I finally come across one that is undiscovered, this happens.

Is it possible that the issue is actually that these systems HAVE previously been discovered and the names of the players are simply not showing? That would at least explain the behavior.

Or am I really missing something here?

BTW: First post. Been playing since 1/31. Played the original in 1984 on a Commodore 64 in the US and loved every last minute of it! I should extend the obligatory thanks to FD for making ED a reality: thank you!

I'm afraid to inform everyone that the exploration bug is NOT fixed.

The systems that were bugged remain and aren't rewarding first exploration tags to any commanders. This has been a major issue with explorers who have have been reporting such issues on reddit and it's far more widespread than presumed. I was glad when I saw this being addressed in the latest patch notes but after testing it appears that the problem persists.

Further input by Frontier would be appreciated.

I revisited a system that was bugged and whilst I could not rescan the bodies I had previously detail surface scanned I could now scan and sell and get all the credit for unscanned bodies, as well as the first discovered badge.

They have already stated that it would not be retroactive so any activity you had previously done was done and could not be revisited. I lost out on 3 water worlds, 12 high metals in a single system, and my previous exploration of around 5000ly have lost quite a bit, but we move on and are thankful that it appears to now be working.

What is the size of the update? I'm using a dongle and I wonder if it would be better to download it tomorrow at my university to safe some transfer. But I can't stand waiting :D

I revisited a system that was bugged and whilst I could not rescan the bodies I had previously detail surface scanned I could now scan and sell and get all the credit for unscanned bodies, as well as the first discovered badge.

They have already stated that it would not be retroactive so any activity you had previously done was done and could not be revisited. I lost out on 3 water worlds, 12 high metals in a single system, and my previous exploration of around 5000ly have lost quite a bit, but we move on and are thankful that it appears to now be working.

No, that is not the case. I am not talking about retroactive scans. I mean I located a new system that has no tags, made a surface scan of every body in the system and sold the data. No discovered by tags, just like another user just reported above. The bug persists, it wasn't fixed.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Regrettably, it appears this is still not correctly working.

Post-patch 1.1.05, I went to "Adria", which had no system information available to me from the Galaxy Map. Upon arrival, everything was "unexplored" for me and there were no "discovered by" tags from another player. I targeted and scanned each planet (and asteroid cluster!) then traveled over 20LY to "Ovinn" to sell the data. No "discovered by" credit was given to me. The system no longer contains any "unexplored" descriptions on the bodies but there are still no "discovered by" tags on any of them either.

Before the patch (1.1.04), I encountered the same exact issue with the systems "Tartarus" and "Manthe".

I have been very envious of the many players who have been fortunate enough to discover systems containing outposts, and would love to claim one for my own; however, every time I finally come across one that is undiscovered, this happens.

Is it possible that the issue is actually that these systems HAVE previously been discovered and the names of the players are simply not showing? That would at least explain the behavior.

Or am I really missing something here?

BTW: First post. Been playing since 1/31. Played the original in 1984 on a Commodore 64 in the US and loved every last minute of it! I should extend the obligatory thanks to FD for making ED a reality: thank you!

Hello and welcome.

I cannot be 100% sure, but I am pretty sure there's actually 2 bugs going on here. I think Ed is referring to being credited with Cr when selling the data, but there's another bug that's not showing systems that have already been discovered by another commander as having a First Discovered tag. That one has been ticketed many times ;)

Oh well, the exploration fix was only for stellar bodies, not astronomical bodies or even planetary bodies then.

With stellar bodies the bug may have been rare, with all others the bug was and seemingly is still widespread and rampart. :(

Hi everyone,

The servers will be going down at 4PM GMT today (19.02.15) for a short amount of time, to allow us to update to 1.1.05. Thanks everyone for all your feedback on the latest build. See the full change log below:

- Fix crash with ring values being incorrect
- New partially constructed station added to New Yembo
- Added Goldrush station to LAWD 26
- Increase comms timeout to allow for slower connections
- Added talk channel logging to help identify issues with people not being able to chat
- Additional network key tests to help identify mismatched keys (connection failing)
- Station defences beefed up and not confused by chaff
- Changed system name ‘Bodb Djedi’ to ‘Bodedi’
- Update to friendly fire values. An increase across the board it's now possible, for example, to hit a non-targeted ship with multiple (up to 3) double small pulse laser hits before it turns aggressive
- Fix incorrect French number format
- Fix missing Russian characters
- You can no longer destroy ships by taking out their docking computer

Server-side changes:

- Fix issue that was not always issuing fines when ships were scanned whilst carrying prohibited cargo
- Ships that were stored in Starports that changed into Outposts at 1.1 have been moved to the closest Starport with a shipyard
- Fix a rare issue that was not always granting first discovery credit to every stellar body when selling exploration data for certain types of star system

Thanks!

Ed

Hurray! Finally made it... So, maybe it was a lagging problem as it seems the Python needs a bit more precision that other medium ships. I had to in the center of course, but the autodocking activates only when I'm almost touching the pad... without touching it with my shields.

Can't get to station in LAWD 26 - it flies away too fast, and white dwarf nearby limits my speed to 234 km/s.

Unlocked destination and speed suddenly went up, so it wasn't a dwarf.

Yeah it's on a really fast orbit. If you're having trouble catching it up, try and veer off and intersect it further along its orbit instead. My T6 just couldn't quite manage to catch up with it and that's all I did to get there.

Oh yes and for anyone traders interested, there is currently nothing worth having in the commodities market there. There are however 2 pristine asteroid fields in the system and I would hazard a guess that they are the source of the gold rush. So, if you're into your mining, grab your pick axe and pan and get out there.

No, that is not the case. I am not talking about retroactive scans. I mean I located a new system that has no tags, made a surface scan of every body in the system and sold the data. No discovered by tags, just like another user just reported above. The bug persists, it wasn't fixed.

Given that all we got (despite requests) was a very vague one-liner about what was fixed, it may well be that the big problem we are all getting with exploration was not the one they said they fixed. After all, the description says 'rare' and it is clearly much more common than that.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Hello and welcome.

I cannot be 100% sure, but I am pretty sure there's actually 2 bugs going on here. I think Ed is referring to being credited with Cr when selling the data, but there's another bug that's not showing systems that have already been discovered by another commander as having a First Discovered tag. That one has been ticketed many times ;)

There is at least one more: Getting a bonus for first finder, but the bonus is zero.

Can confirm the discovery and bonus system for being first to a system is messed up. Beta Scuti is just one good example. I arrived there last weekend. No discovery tags. Scanned the whole system (advanced + surface), went back and sold the data. Got a tag and bonus, but only for barely half the system. Now when I look at it, another Cmdr got the discovery tags on the rest of the system. So much for all that work...

Additionally, several bodies from the first file of discoveries (3/2) have been lost to others/disappeared entirely. Oh, and the comet I had, is now a moon. :D So, whilst deemed 'rare', it's really here, there and everywhere now...that bug.

Not that I'm that fuzzy about who's first and all that but it is kind of disappointing at least for the loss of the bonus. An Explorer need all creds he/she can get after all.

- You can no longer destroy ships by taking out their docking computer

You can't buy docking computers anymore now.
No outfittery carries them, I've searched a couple who all had them before the update.

Is this some kind of product recall?

"Yes, there were issues with this computer product. And yes, these issues involved certain types of malefunctions under very rare and extreme conditions. And yes, there were explosions. So we had to recall our HAL9001 series docking computers."

Hello and welcome.

Thanks for the clarification, Ozric! I did in fact receive CR when I turned in the data. So this must be the latter bug you mentioned. It makes a lot of sense, because I am in pretty well-covered territory... to the point of thinking "Wow- how was this one missed?"

I wonder if the issue is based on localization. I assume the data is being stored in the database using some Unicode flavor of character set, but perhaps the translation fails in certain cases where the original discoverer's locale is different from the one used by the person viewing the system. Just a thought.

I have my name on a small handful of systems, so I am familiar with how the process is supposed to work. I just haven't staked my claim on a system with an outpost yet. I fear they're all but taken by now.

What I do have is some great stories of trying to find these systems! I put off buying a another ship for a very long time, being quite attached to my little Sidewinder. I made it back from uncolonized space with over 100k of exploration data: and 2% hull strength. I know: not very glorious compared to the exploits of the many Imperial Clipper and Type-9 owners reading this, but it was exciting to me!

I look forward to the fix for the missing tags, so that I can stop being so disappointed when I cash in data for a "new system" and the congratulations screen fails to appear. :(

Until then, off to a new part of the galaxy.

The Launcher contained news about all updates in the 1.0.x series but it does not contain anything in the 1.1.x series (except from 1.1 release). Anyone knows why? FD stopped that on purpose or is it perhaps a bug?

The Launcher contained news about all updates in the 1.0.x series but it does not contain anything in the 1.1.x series (except from 1.1 release). Anyone knows why? FD stopped that on purpose or is it perhaps a bug?

That would require a launcher update. ;)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom