Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

Well my wet work jobs were blowing up Belugas eh I dunno in the end I questioned the ethics of it. But they sure had em lined up right there in normal space for the illegal whale hunting. My record was bagging two whales full and even their gymnasium equipment was breaking down ah well at least it wasn't a cruise Liner. I think I will abandon those last two jobs remainder, and show them up by departing in the Orca later, show them up by reverse protesting them in a more luxurious manner.
View attachment 393570

That's subjective. But if I don't have eleven herbs and spices, well at least they are still secret. Who can resist the weapon color customization singe marks telling the fierce battle story of a hen who shoulda never gone into hyperspace. Rising from a magma vent wrapped in 1T foil and steaming. Wrap in the scorched hen, foil all around and then push it down with a landing gear. Now re-park. Find the bird-item which should still be shiny and shaped like a flat ovular regular tin of hen (but no poptop). -- Excerpt, from the Noon's Own Rocky Body Campout Cookbook.
Looks like you're headed back to Odens Crag for a respite.

I'm toying with the idea of putting an SCO on my Sploradolphin. To get to those far off planets in multi star systems... not sure though.

Speaking of the Dolphin...

The photo below indicates what, in my opinion, looks like it could be a panoramic sunroof. To my mind, we should be able to look up in the cockpit and see the outside world. I wonder if Saud Kruger would offer it as an optional extra? :D

JD16su8.jpeg

Last edited:

Speaking of the Dolphin...

The photo below indicates what, in my opinion, looks like it could be a panoramic sunroof. To my mind, we should be able to look up in the cockpit and see the outside world. I wonder if Saud Kruger would offer it as an optional extra? :D

I think you overlook the size - in particular the number of decks:

exploradolphin.jpg

(Not my work, stolen from /r see: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/r8ao0h Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/r8ao0h/all_in_one_all_the_ships_i_made_blueprints_for/#lightbox
for more)

I'm toying with the idea of putting an SCO on my Sploradolphin. To get to those far off planets in multi star systems... not sure though.
Maybe...maybe not. I put an SCO on Sally's Kittenfish and even the notoriously cool-running Dolphin overheats very quickly. I also tried seeing if you can get to Voyager (two million LS out from Sol) faster in the P2; I had give up after less than 200,000ls due to low fuel. Soooo....unless you fill all your internals with fuel tanks and utility mounts with heatsinks, I would say no. But - the SCO does get you out of gravity wells very quickly; useful when getting away from gas giants. The only reason I haven't put an SCO on Sally's exploration DBX is because it has the pre-engineered FSD and I don't want to lose the extra jump range :)

... The only reason I haven't put an SCO on Sally's exploration DBX is because it has the pre-engineered FSD and I don't want to lose the extra jump range :)

I don't have access to the class4 pre-engineered FSD (IIRC from a CG?) but --- A new commander: fitted a stock Class 4 in a Cobra III - 22.92 LY bare to 36.52 fully eng and compared that to a SCO one bare gave 25.37 and fully engineered up to 40.42LY.

So as far as I can see FDEV just broke the game again - who is going to fit a non SCO if it is less capable?

I am slowly taking to the Achilles (I had Aegis wrongly in mind in some former blathering) Supercruise Overcharge (but I think I was right that it should be overDRIVE!!) and not seeing use for the old drives. I set it up in my Orca for the coming trip. Unless it gives us some surprise like a leg up to the Thargoids somehow. That seems like a danger yet to our Noon family milkyway corkboard of downfall

It's too good to refuse. That and the day fixing up a lot of stuff, I got the orca running like a champ for its upcoming voyage. For a test trip Penny visited several blackholes about 4 jumps away then zooomed all the way back on a neutron star weeee

1716486546694.png

I gonna get a scorpion and maybe stick a cannon or a squirt gun on the main large gunpoint and set out to get closer to the magellenic clouds and see them better, whatever way I wind my way down that a way for a clearer view.

"This Orca refit may not be the best ever - but you hardly wouldn't know it in that Midnight Black paintjob"
1716491055822.png

Now with ten of your earth minutes of pure moving pictures!
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqN1e69fJak

Back to 1716493545580.png Poe 2​

1716493460810.png

Dangit, got blowed up. 185 million smackers for my rebuy, Confucius say, never take on an Annie when you have 20% shields and 35% hull. :unsure:
I got my second rebuy earlier after that initial ganking in Deciat a month or so back. £10M for my beloved Krait. It can be so annoying and demoralising even if you have the cash. :D

The first battle was with a Fer de lance and Anaconda which left my hull at 38% so I headed to a station with more bounty mission spam to go.

I was interdicted by another tag team and killed the Fer de Lance, but my instinct is for a little destruction derby during battle and I shoulder barged a Phython's rear wing while my hull was at 10%. Insta-death.

I do like how the Anaconda explodes in stages though. It really helps add scale to the ship. Not that smaller ships don't explode in stages. It's just that there's no chance of recovery due to their size.

I don't have access to the class4 pre-engineered FSD (IIRC from a CG?) but --- A new commander: fitted a stock Class 4 in a Cobra III - 22.92 LY bare to 36.52 fully eng and compared that to a SCO one bare gave 25.37 and fully engineered up to 40.42LY.

So as far as I can see FDEV just broke the game again - who is going to fit a non SCO if it is less capable?
This is something I've only noticed casually but it seems like SCO drives have better jump distances. If that's true, then is the only downside that they're more expensive?

I got my second rebuy earlier after that initial ganking in Deciat a month or so back. £10M for my beloved Krait. It can be so annoying and demoralising even if you have the cash. :D

The first battle was with a Fer de lance and Anaconda which left my hull at 38% so I headed to a station with more bounty mission spam to go.

I was interdicted by another tag team and killed the Fer de Lance, but my instinct is for a little destruction derby during battle and I shoulder barged a Phython's rear wing while my hull was at 10%. Insta-death.

I do like how the Anaconda explodes in stages though. It really helps add scale to the ship. Not that smaller ships don't explode in stages. It's just that there's no chance of recovery due to their size.
You should run like the wind, boost like mad until the NPC cops show up then turn and fight. My Krait will boost 470 m/s, good enough for NPC's.

But, maybe, they are just better as they are.

I look at it this way, why are these tools so useful? Because the players developed them and added the features they wanted. What do we get when the Dev's make exploration tools? The Codex! Incorporate these tools into the game and what would happen to them, what new developments would be done to them? Basically you take the power out of the users hands to develop them as they want and give that to the dev's to do what they want! So yes they are far better in the hands of the users who both use the develop them, anyone who thinks otherwise simply needs to look at the actual tools the dev's gave to the players for exploration.

Found this really tiny planet that only needed one probe for a complete scan o_O

Unusually, it had a water atmosphere - and life. A high value of life too. So, without further ado, I landed on it. And it had three more Codex entries for me... just when you thought you'd seen them all :D (I know I should look at the Codex itself but I really don't find it all that useful).

Anyway. Some holiday snaps.

Clypeus:

OVZBcd0.jpeg

Cactoida:

V5BwtNZ.jpeg

Tussock:

wPlwFPg.jpeg

And a gratuitous shot just because I thought it looked pretty:

oUCq96F.jpeg

This is what Observatory had to say about it (shame about the stratum - that really would have been the proverbial icing!)

1716544148173.png

I look at it this way, why are these tools so useful? Because the players developed them and added the features they wanted. What do we get when the Dev's make exploration tools? The Codex! Incorporate these tools into the game and what would happen to them, what new developments would be done to them? Basically you take the power out of the users hands to develop them as they want and give that to the dev's to do what they want! So yes they are far better in the hands of the users who both use the develop them, anyone who thinks otherwise simply needs to look at the actual tools the dev's gave to the players for exploration.
There is a lore perspective to all of this:
There are the big companies that are in for the easy buck, which requires simple tools that don't cost much work to develop. Further development of these tools might happen if the superpowers say that an upgrade is needed, usually relying on some well-known engineer(s) to do the bulk of the work for them.
Though Achilles Aerospace seems to have shaken the foundations of this a little by kicking Sirius Corp. towards the bucket...

On the other end, there are the small, player-driven companies that develop their tools out of their experience, exquisitely tailored to the needs of the commanders out there, reliant on their feedback and donations to further develop their tools.

Top Bottom