Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

I took a Threat ZERO, yes ZERO mission.

Go and pick up something from a locker. Locker code was given. Easy LEGIT mission I thought.

what! How do I get inside the gawdammit base? It requires at least level 1 access.

Didnt want to kill anyone to clone their access so I waited until no one was looking and I cut a panel to open a door.

Walk inside, someone sees me, hear some speech (my audio was set a bit low so I didnt hear what they said) and suddenly there was a bounty on my head and lasers are coming my way.

Rebuy screen again....

Seriously, these ground missions are way too hard for me. This was a threat ZERO dammit.
The fetch missions have only two things to watch out for.
1) If you don't let the guards scan you when they ask. (Running or not noticing the guard is bad.)
2) If you enter a place you're not supposed to. (There is always a legal way to get to your container.)

And yes, I've died to both of those things. :LOL:

Like Lysette said, once you get to know how the layout of the bases works and what to expect, it's really one of the safest jobs in the game.

Some of the UI is just a matter of getting used to it. Some of it though... nightmare.

Ship equipping? Yeuch. Go to planetary map and then exiting takes you out of the map instead of back a step. Exiting the sys- and galmaps can take ages.
One of my current pet peeves is how targeting a system/planet works now with the "hold the plot route"
If you don't have the system perfectly centered, as you hold the mouse button the whole screen wiggles around (trying to center) and cancels your action. URRRGH!

Also, yes. The outfitting is just confusing. The duality of the parts shop vs. outfitting screen (basically both doing the same only from "different ends") is questionable.
Plus other things.
Also the fact that for a third day in a row I simply can't find a 5A FSD for my DBX is just frustrating. I even tried the 3rd party tools, which are broken too, obviously.

Oh well. Back to scanning trees. ::LOL:

One of my current pet peeves is how targeting a system/planet works now with the "hold the plot route"
If you don't have the system perfectly centered, as you hold the mouse button the whole screen wiggles around (trying to center) and cancels your action. URRRGH!

Also, yes. The outfitting is just confusing. The duality of the parts shop vs. outfitting screen (basically both doing the same only from "different ends") is questionable.
Plus other things.
Also the fact that for a third day in a row I simply can't find a 5A FSD for my DBX is just frustrating. I even tried the 3rd party tools, which are broken too, obviously.

Oh well. Back to scanning trees. ::LOL:
well, then cheat a little - login to EDH, get your 5A, then log back in to EDO - might work - I bought 3 5A today in EDH using EDDB to find them.

The fetch missions have only two things to watch out for.
1) If you don't let the guards scan you when they ask. (Running or not noticing the guard is bad.)
2) If you enter a place you're not supposed to. (There is always a legal way to get to your container.)

And yes, I've died to both of those things. :LOL:

Like Lysette said, once you get to know how the layout of the bases works and what to expect, it's really one of the safest jobs in the game.

Whats the trick to getting inside the buildings legally when you are not granted access levels at mission acceptance?

Whats the trick to getting inside the buildings legally when you are not granted access levels at mission acceptance?
Find another door. It's very probable that the container is in a part of that same building that doesn't require clearance.
Honestly I haven't encountered a situation where I wouldn't be able to retrieve the package due to a lack of proper clearance. Something is amiss, or you've chosen an illegal variant of a fetch mission (if such thing even exists?)

Find another door. It's very probable that the container is in a part of that same building that doesn't require clearance.
Honestly I haven't encountered a situation where I wouldn't be able to retrieve the package due to a lack of proper clearance. Something is amiss, or you've chosen an illegal variant of a fetch mission (if such thing even exists?)
There are level 0 clearance doors? Or just an open door?

I tried out missiles to take out scavengers. It worked, but the base went hostile. In this case it didn't matter because the base was empty and powered down, but I bet it would matter if it wasn't! :)

I successfully completed the mission, but there's a bug with rewards I guess, because when I turned it in I did not get the materials. I was rather miffed.

Cool looking base I'm at:

Screenshot_1314.jpg

Tonight I learned a couple of useful things.

1) "Restore power" missions are a goldmine for assets and general crafting mats.
If you get lucky. Both missions I did tonight, despite being Threat 4, had no actual enemies on the ground. I had to run through the facility three times because I ran out of space in my pockets. Stole everything that wasn't bolted down. :D

2) I struggled with graphene and other "common" wares. Didn't know where to find it. Turns out the stuff is just lying around on tables in the labs. Just like that. Those people really must have left in a hurry. Well, now they are rather... graphene-less. :)

3) It really pays off to get through the access panels thoroughly. I thought we were only given codes to crates on a fetch missions but no, many of the crates have their codes listed in the access panel! All you need to do is run around and help yourself out.

4) Finally found the hacking thingys. Stations in anarchy systems sell them by loads (duh). They're bloody expensive, though. Not worth using on a mission but as a general "I wanna" tool they're handy when you find something irresistible.

Good run, tonight.

iu

edit: Oh, and one of the missions gave me two Manufacturing instructions. Double YAY! \o/

Last edited:
I am currently trying my hardest to find a 7A FSD. I've been using EDDB stations to try and locate one that sells them, but of the 4 so far EDDB says sells them, none of them had the 7a, just 7b, c,d, and e. Starting to get frustrated because I'm building my Beluga out for long term exploration and one of the things I need, is the dratted 7a FSD, otherwise I am stuck with under 17 ly jumps, and that just ain't gonna do.

Brenda Zephyr

It doesn't work, though. Like Brenda, I've been looking for an FSD (5A in my case) for the last three days, and no bueno.
Something is bugged, because even if the icon in the outfiiting says that it stocks larger modules (the number of "dots" on the icon), I only ever see A-rated modules up to class 3 and B and C-rated of class 5 but never anything larger.
I've stopped looking for now, actually.

Back
Top Bottom