Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

I believe you can buy an outfitting stock pack for your carrier that should contain that FSD but it would be available to anyone who can dock at it.

Note I am not a carrier user and am not sure of the complexities of getting the right pack nor of those of restricting access to only Chris Simon.
I'm even in his PG (which reminds me that I never sent that friend request which is kind of rude of me) :D

But no, I've already tried with somebody else and I don't want to waste any more time with it (both mine and everybody else's)

did you have a weapon displayed?.i been scanned so many times with a backpack full of items.they say i clean and let me go.

and how does the suit upgrade work.i got 2 suits and one is grade 2,without me paying 600,000 credits paid or clicking the upgrade button

Last edited:
Cool.

Just faled my first Odyssey mission (outside of alpha). I picked up a coil thing from a crate and the guards in the base saw. I was dead quite quickly.

:D
In 1st person it is more difficult than in 3rd person to be aware who and what is around you. Might take more observation beforehand, where patrols are and what patterns they follow. But on the other side that is what makes it interesting.

This is a tourist base, they dropped me out side in full kit to go to war?
Patrols, but no one shooting at all. Did they want me to start the war?
Eody-touristbase.jpg
I respectfully declined and caught a taxi outa here...does that make me a deserter?

did you have a weapon displayed?.i been scanned so many times with a backpack full of items.they say i clean and let me go.

and how does the suit upgrade work.i got 2 suits and one is grade 2,without me paying 600,000 credits paid or clicking the upgrade button
You probably bought the G2 suit without noticing. You can actually find already upgraded G2 and G3 suits for sale, sometimes.

I was late back to the FC due to a CTD and it jumped without me. Luckily there was still Tritium in the hold for me to jump it back. The nearest system was >300 LY away. Never jump without tritium!!!

While waiting for the FC to return, I did a FSS and noted 'Artificial Structure' and 'Active Power Source' on one of the planets, naturally was excited as I have not seen either one before and this was like way out of the bubble.

What a disappointment! It was a ground structure but it looked like a Horizon era structure which meant there was nothing to interact with, no new loot, no doors to open. Bah!

Screenshot (232).jpg

Cool.

Just faled my first Odyssey mission (outside of alpha). I picked up a coil thing from a crate and the guards in the base saw. I was dead quite quickly.

:D

Did your insurance claims in your stats go up after that death? I am getting close to giving Oddity a go but I am playing iron-man again and I won't do a clear save because of some on-foot death so would like to know this before testing the water.

Did your insurance claims in your stats go up after that death? I am getting close to giving Oddity a go but I am playing iron-man again and I won't do a clear save because of some on-foot death so would like to know this before testing the water.
Not that I noticed but then it was my first mission in live plus my first death in live... as it were. I'll keep an eye on it as I'm about to try again so there could be a second death incoming shortly.

I think it was because they caught me stealing - talk about judge, jury and executioner! - as all my items (and guns) were stowed.

Need to retreive an item from a container. The container is locked. There is no keypad. The tag pops up to "interact" but there's nothing to interact with. Confoozed.

Last edited:
this game is Buggered

found a mission on planet surface. mission was minor crash site in Anima (planet 2b) = poi . i think it was :rock/ice world).

so i investigated it (without targeting it) a found 3 threats.so in my ship (yes i said ship - Dolphin).i got to a reasonable distance 70m i think and saw 3 guys playing with a container. open weapons blow up there srv killing 1 pilot . trying to hit the other two with 1e Cannon (105 rounds) did no effected to them what so ever. they fired back given me 17% of my hull left.i flew back to Cowper dock and restore the ship.

on the cuff:
how can 2 ppl survive 100 rounds of 1e cannon * 2 (2*100 rounds that is). without me landing and just hoovering above them and blasting away at them.

or do you need to target the mission first (poi.)

Last edited:
on the cuff:
how can 2 ppl survive 100 rounds of 1e cannon * 2 (2*100 rounds that is). without me landing and just hoovering above them and blasting away at them
By you not hitting them directly.
Next time, try dumbfire missiles, packhounds (apparently they work if you target the settlement) or remote flak launchers. Anything with splash damage.
No, I don't have Odyssey - but those are the weapons reported to work against ground troops.

this was,'t a mission site, it was on the fly past mission i notice a minor crash site.i flew straight at it.and cannons do cause splash effects.it wasn't something i selected, i just saw it and flew at it.

Didja hit the interact key (defaults to E I think) and see what happens? Or can you blow it up? Use an Ebreach? I haven't seen one of those containers.
Interact is set to "enter" or "keypad enter" for me but the pop-up to press enter doesn't appear. Can't blow it up, nothing to use an ebreach on. I did a search and it appears I'm not the only CMDR who's seen this... looks like a bug.

Back
Top Bottom