Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

completed 4 power on (or what ever they called), two were completed dark so was a walk in the park.no comandos about,

third one had a few guards, but a quick walk around the edges. no problem, power on. Seek off into the sunset. Or should that be the moon set.

4th: power on, switch off scanners, and alarms, walked outside oh look there floating lights up ahead, seek around camp called apex, and get spotted by the last guard...…time to sprint. Get away

:)

I'm looking at a 5A in Ray Gateway, Diaguandri.
Okay, I took a gamble and went there.
First - yeah, no. Although I did find a B-rated FSD there, so at least some improvement, but still not worth the engineering mats of which I have just single units.
And second - what the hell is going on in that system, there's every carrier in the galaxy and their mother parked there. Have I stumbled upon some overwintering nest? :LOL:

completed 4 power on (or what ever they called), two were completed dark so was a walk in the park.no comandos about,

third one had a few guards, but a quick walk around the edges. no problem, power on. Seek off into the sunset. Or should that be the moon set.

4th: power on, switch off scanners, and alarms, walked outside oh look there floating lights up ahead, seek around camp called apex, and get spotted by the last guard...…time to sprint. Get away

:)
I found taking taxi to those locations much safer option.
I don't know whether it's a bug (probably is) but when I take my own ship, I can't board it while "in combat", making it totally useless as a getaway vehicle.

On my way to Rackham's Peak. Hope I find a proper parking spot when I get there.

I thought I could do some exploring along the way but just 2 or 3 FC jumps out of Gateway and the nearest stars become 200 or 400 LY away, impossible to explore on ship.

Getting regular CTDs with Carrier jumps out here too.

Screenshot (228).jpg

Last edited:
I found taking taxi to those locations much safer option.
I don't know whether it's a bug (probably is) but when I take my own ship, I can't board it while "in combat", making it totally useless as a getaway vehicle.
Take your ship. Deploy SRV and you have a mobile backpack, get away vehicle, tank with turret, and a way to swap suit/recharge, etc.

Just don’t drive into the base clutter. The buggy gets stuck easily.

PS I got in my ship to change suits after combat started, so I dunno.

First - yeah, no. Although I did find a B-rated FSD there, so at least some improvement, but still not worth the engineering mats of which I have just single units.
And second - what the hell is going on in that system, there's every carrier in the galaxy and their mother parked there. Have I stumbled upon some overwintering nest? :LOL:

OK, that's beyond my ken:

OwTSABP.jpg

I can't get a shot showing me at Ray's but it's deffo there. I don't unnderstan' it cap'n!

EDIT Maybe I can buy it for you? I don't understnd how I can get it to you though. My carrier is in Diaguandri (adding to the infestation) so if there's any way I can utilise that to get it to you, let me know how and I'll arrange it.

Last edited:
It is a popular system with new commanders due to location and discounts and range of stock.

Hence all the carriers. Allegedly filled with those that like a certain type of target

OK, that's beyond my ken:

OwTSABP.jpg

I can't get a shot showing me at Ray's but it's deffo there. I don't unnderstan' it cap'n!

EDIT Maybe I can buy it for you? I don't understnd how I can get it to you though. My carrier is in Diaguandri (adding to the infestation) so if there's any way I can utilise that to get it to you, let me know how and I'll arrange it.
Regrettably (or maybe not) we cannot trade directly with other commanders with such things.

Damn :(

I thought I could buy the module and list it in the outfitting facility on my carrier
I believe you can buy an outfitting stock pack for your carrier that should contain that FSD but it would be available to anyone who can dock at it.

Note I am not a carrier user and am not sure of the complexities of getting the right pack nor of those of restricting access to only Chris Simon.

Top Bottom