Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

Last edited:
:D

Just got round to watching this! Best trailer ever and... to be brutally honest, it also applies to a game we all know. Ahem.
Indeed. I love Obsidian because they don't take themselves too seriously. They sure know how to make an engaging game though. Fallout New Vegas is still one of my favorite games, always installed. Outer Worlds is a much smaller game, but with similar quality. I love the combat system. So I'm looking forward to the sequel.

I have tried it on foot as well after the gunshipping, but never got more than 500k. As opposed to space combat which would easily net me 1m for the same time.

Did you keep capping and recapping the zones?

I still cannot find a single G3 primary weapon. Sigh.
I usually got 2-4 mil on foot, 1 mil gunshipping. Bonds per kill were noticeably lower in the air too; around 3k per kill as opposed to in the double-digit thousands. Haven't done it in a week or two, so I don't know if anything's changed since then. I'll check again after I get back to the bubble from Atlas though.

Indeed. I love Obsidian because they don't take themselves too seriously. They sure know how to make an engaging game though. Fallout New Vegas is still one of my favorite games, always installed. Outer Worlds is a much smaller game, but with similar quality. I love the combat system. So I'm looking forward to the sequel.
Love the comments on the video.
"How are Honest Trailers going to cover this?" :LOL:

Some 4D chess move from Obsidian. Love it.

Well, carrying an e-breach on an on-foot mission isn't a great idea unless you're much stealthier than I was. And I had no idea as I thought that, once in your pack, they couldn't know it was there.

How wrong I was.

I got scanned. Caught red-handed!

This time I was detemined to live! I ran for it, zig-zagging, sprinting. Getting behind rocls and crouching. Couldn't call a shuttle as the area was hostile. Ran more. Zigged more. Hid more. Got hit a lot but my shield was up. Zigged. Ran. Sprinted. Hid.

Called the shuttle. 432m away it landed. 432M! The rest of my journey was up hill, dodging hostile fire.

About 100M away, my suit was on its final legs and a power outage was imminent. Suit COVAS (SUVAS?) was getting excited.

With a last gasp of air, stumbling, I got into the blue beam-me-up-Scotty ring and got the hell out of dodge.

Nearly broke my keyboad as I willed myself to run faster goddammit but it was good fun!

And a lesson learnt.

Last edited:
I attempted 2 Covert Heist missions today for the first time. For these, you have to infiltrate a base and steal a item from a Sample Container without raising the alarms.

I found them quite challenging. You cannot open the Sample Container unless you first disable alarms in the settlement. So you have to figure out a way into the security area without raising suspicion.

On the first mission I totally flubbed it by trying to overload a worker and failing. I had to run for it, with a skimmer in hot pursuit. Failed the mission and got a Fine.

However on the second one, I successfully cloned a level 3 guy, and snuck into the Security area (which required level 3 access). There was a guy in there, so I tried to slip in and disable the alarms without him noticing. It mostly worked. I disabled them, and then he noticed me and yelled at me to get out. So, I got out, and he let me go without further escalation. Whew. Moments like those my heart actually thumps :p

After that I just needed to get into a level 2 area and take the sample. It was across the base, so I had to avoid guards on the way (I still had my fake level 3 ID).

There was only a worker there, no guards inside, so I was able to just open the container and wait the 3 minutes until the sample popped out. I grabbed it and hightailed it for my ship. Success. :)

It's very cool to look out the window and see your ship waiting outside:
Screenshot_1384.jpg

Sample Containment almost open!
Screenshot_1389.jpg

The planet I was on was one of the better looking ones, especially from the air:
Screenshot_1387.jpg

I attempted 2 Covert Heist missions today for the first time. For these, you have to infiltrate a base and steal a item from a Sample Container without raising the alarms.

I have not been able to do any missions for the last 24 hours as I was flying around looking for my shotgun :(

Didnt find even a G2.

And if I find a G3 it would probably come with something dumb like long range.....

It's very cool to look out the window and see your ship waiting outside:

Which reminds me - where is the binding for external camera in Oddity? I had it working in the Alpha but couldn't see how to get it when I tried the dlc the other day.

One other thing too while I am asking these noob questions - what happened to the "first footfall" tags? I never noticed any the other day - maybe I was looking in the wrong place?

Which reminds me - where is the binding for external camera in Oddity? I had it working in the Alpha but couldn't see how to get it when I tried the dlc the other day.

One other thing too while I am asking these noob questions - what happened to the "first footfall" tags? I never noticed any the other day - maybe I was looking in the wrong place?
The camera bindings are still where they were for ships and SRV but those bindings don't work on foot - you have to bind them again, separately, in the feet section of the controls settings. (IIRC - can't check now)

The first footfall is still there. System map, Planet info. (it's the first or the third icon in the right icon column, I think) If you only see "discovered by" and "mapped by" tags, it simply means nobody set foot there yet. So you probably ran into a patch of space that no Oddysey player have visited.

COMPLETED: 2 missions for power restarts. 1st was from a mission guy to switch on pwr on a research station, done the pwr on look around based : stolen everything i could find in lockers. needed to find 4 graphene. done that with ease and went to the other lockers to see what other goodies was available. got most for the g2 suit stuff just need to find some 2 * manufacturing things. both were completely empty of guards even on a lv 3 threat.:)

second one was a piece of cake, run around stealing from lockers, and turn on the power lv0 threat

i act on the whim and went back to the base that still had my ship (still on the landing pad) from the previous post.this time i took the srv for a spin taking out the guards for revenge, that was great fun until i saw another load coming at me.and the shot the srv up. leave me on the screen of hospital (5 jumps away). :(

Last edited:
Well, carrying an e-breach on an on-foot mission isn't a great idea unless you're much stealthier than I was. And I had no idea as I thought that, once in your pack, they couldn't know it was there.

How wrong I was.

I got scanned. Caught red-handed!

This time I was detemined to live! I ran for it, zig-zagging, sprinting. Getting behind rocls and crouching. Couldn't call a shuttle as the area was hostile. Ran more. Zigged more. Hid more. Got hit a lot but my shield was up. Zigged. Ran. Sprinted. Hid.

Called the shuttle. 432m away it landed. 432M! The rest of my journey was up hill, dodging hostile fire.

About 100M away, my suit was on its final legs and a power outage was imminent. Suit COVAS (SUVAS?) was getting excited.

With a last gasp of air, stumbling, I got into the blue beam-me-up-Scotty ring and got the hell out of dodge.

Nearly broke my keyboad as I willed myself to run faster goddammit but it was good fun!

And a lesson learnt.
For those moments when things are going south. I have now bound those two thumb buttons on the side of my mouse to use energy pack and use health pack. Good for running away and in battle. ⚡🏃‍♂️😁

The camera bindings are still where they were for ships and SRV but those bindings don't work on foot - you have to bind them again, separately, in the feet section of the controls settings. (IIRC - can't check now)

The first footfall is still there. System map, Planet info. (it's the first or the third icon in the right icon column, I think) If you only see "discovered by" and "mapped by" tags, it simply means nobody set foot there yet. So you probably ran into a patch of space that no Oddysey player have visited.
No first footfall on populated planets in the bubble. Some of the distant outer planets with atmosphere may still achieve footfall. Best to get just out of the bubble. A short trip north or south within 500ly should work.

I bound left shift alt space for Odyessy foot cam. 👍

Looks like the patch also reset the Pioneer stores.

There's a G3 Dominator with Jump Assist at Ochoa Port in Himanes system, as of right now. I left it there.

This is not even a surface port, and there's been nothing good on sale before. So perhaps now is a good time for suit and weapon searching.

I'll do a quick search near me, and let y'all know if I see anything else.

Edit: Another G3 dominator at Boulle Terminal in Himanes. No mods.

Edit2: G3 TK Zenith laser pistol at Redi Laboratory in Himanes w/Headshot Damage mod

Edit3: 2 G2 Doms at Saavedra Penal Colony in Himanes, and another G3 TK Zenith.

So I've gone to 4 stations and they all have upgraded stuff for sale right now. I'm going to stop searching because I don't acutually need anything else, but if you do this seems to be a great time to search.

My advice, use the taxi and take it to every surface port you can, the more out of the way the better. It's faster to use the taxi because they know where every port is, even in systems you haven't visited. Just chill and ride around searching.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Looks like the patch also reset the Pioneer stores.

There's a G3 Dominator with Jump Assist at Ochoa Port in Himanes system, as of right now. I left it there.

This is not even a surface port, and there's been nothing good on sale before. So perhaps now is a good time for suit and weapon searching.

I'll do a quick search near me, and let y'all know if I see anything else.

Edit: Another G3 dominator at Boulle Terminal in Himanes. No mods.

Edit2: G3 TK Zenith laser pistol at Redi Laboratory in Himanes w/Headshot Damage mod

Edit3: 2 G2 Doms at Saavedra Penal Colony in Himanes, and another G3 TK Zenith.

So I've gone to 4 stations and they all have upgraded stuff for sale right now. I'm going to stop searching because I don't acutually need anything else, but if you do this seems to be a great time to search.

My advice, use the taxi and take it to every surface port you can, the more out of the way the better. It's faster to use the taxi because they know where every port is, even in systems you haven't visited. Just chill and ride around searching.

Good luck!
Yup I on my way now. Need me a shotgun

Aw crap! 2 hours estimated download time!! How big is this patch!?! I am at 7-8 MB/s speed.

edit: W TF.. when it was 90% done it suddenly slowed to 0.5 MB/s and I am back at 2 hours....

Last edited:
Top Bottom