Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

Everyone needs a shotgun!
View attachment 241458
They certainly do so you can do this:

lud.jpg

Ludicrous gibs!

As a substitute to the gawdammit intimidator which I cant find, I am using a G4 Eclipse and just going full auto point blank. Seems to be working.

I noted that the range numbers in the Elite wiki and the in-game descriptions seem off. It says 25m in the game descrip for the Eclipse but if I shoot it at 30 to 40m (using the range to SRV on the suit HUD), the shots register on the SRV shield.

Of course it wont hit a NPC at above 25m much though, the damn Eclipse is more jumpy than the Karma P15 pistol. WHY DOES A LASER HAVE RECOIL?!?!?

@Yingnei Gasua

i'm in system : gendalla

ross 446 -planet c : found two irregullar sites both a canisters sites...:( at the time my srv went to the grave :). oh well may be a bookmark for later, has there are 3 skimmers there and a stinger?

Attachments

• 20210619010554_1.jpg
    20210619010554_1.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
As a substitute to the gawdammit intimidator which I cant find, I am using a G4 Eclipse and just going full auto point blank. Seems to be working.

I noted that the range numbers in the Elite wiki and the in-game descriptions seem off. It says 25m in the game descrip for the Eclipse but if I shoot it at 30 to 40m (using the range to SRV on the suit HUD), the shots register on the SRV shield.

Of course it wont hit a NPC at above 25m much though, the damn Eclipse is more jumpy than the Karma P15 pistol. WHY DOES A LASER HAVE RECOIL?!?!?
To make it more fun to use, if it just sat there and hissed while getting hotter when you fired it wouldn't be as exciting.

Found a virgin system with an ELW and a WW. Disco'd the lot, mapped the lot and Armstronged all those that could be. 44 bodies! Took me ages! All told though, it netted me about 20 large.

This system is about 2 Kylies from the bubble so it's amazing, given no one has been here before, how many distress beacons there are and how much minor wreckage there is laying around. Not quite sure how that could be.

Found a virgin system with an ELW and a WW. Disco'd the lot, mapped the lot and Armstronged all those that could be. 44 bodies! Took me ages! All told though, it netted me about 20 large.

This system is about 2 Kylies from the bubble so it's amazing, given no one has been here before, how many distress beacons there are and how much minor wreckage there is laying around. Not quite sure how that could be.
Travelling between systems, I jumped into one with 10 planets. All discovered most all mapped. The five outer planets had atmosphere. Landed on each to receive first foot fall. So small jumps and keep looking at the system maps.
The bubble still has opportunities.

Edit : I think Odyessy is seeding planets with atmos and random poi's.

Last edited:
it's amazing, given no one has been here before, how many distress beacons there are and how much minor wreckage there is laying around.
Kinda makes you wonder what that line in the patch notes for Update 3 was about:

• Fixed POIs spawning all over the galaxy.

To make it more fun to use, if it just sat there and hissed while getting hotter when you fired it wouldn't be as exciting.

They could have made it like a beam laser, with a heat counter. So you have to pace yourself with the heating up and cooldown. And damage that falls off if held it too long and it heats up.

Screenshot (283).jpg

I wanted to see what would fit, and yeah, the G-Med box goes into the catalyst unit just fine.

Screenshot (284).jpg

You see these gray doors scattered aound bases? No way to open them? When the alarms trip, they open and NPC commandoes hiding inside, come for you. I walked past this one when it opened and the NPC hit me with a point blank CMDR Codger Shotgun Blast that took out my shields in 1 go. Probably be dead in 1 shot if shields were down. After the NPC dies the door closes and I cant open it. I wonder what would happen if I had run inside before it closed. Anyone?

Screenshot (285).jpg

Comparing this single data download to the usual memory chip size, I can start to understand why it takes 600 seconds to do some downloads.

Did enough missions and scavenging to get this death on a stick from G3 to G4 and it seems near enough to make it G5 real soon, max damageedoy-g3-g4-g5.jpg.
Filling the actual slots with mods will take way longer. Got invites from the first three engineers.
It seems to me that Odyssey has got around the relog game for farming. By doing almost the same mission for different factions in the same system.
Each faction is offering many different mats to power on the same base. So I am taking one mission at a time , scavenging all, returning then taking the next with the best mats.
I now know this base like the back of my boot... (y) :D

Last edited:
looking for the CG in odyssey ? don't bother it bugged, simple solution is to log in in horizons and then goto odyssey then it will appear. Thanks FDev, your supposed to fix them not make them. 2 days wasted lookin for CG.

What is the secret to getting all bio samples from any given planet? I just landed on a planet with, allegedly, 6 signs. I found 4. Drove for ages. Flew for ages. Took off and orbited for a while... hmm.

EDIT - oooh! Looky! Page 777 - lucky us!

You see these gray doors scattered aound bases? No way to open them? When the alarms trip, they open and NPC commandoes hiding inside, come for you.
Interesting. Was it an already powered-up base? Something for a mission?

I've never seen those, and never had any commandos pop out of walls, so far.

Top Bottom