What did you do in Planet Zoo today?

I have been back in my temperate, low-budget zoo. It finally has a name. I'm going for a Friends theme name-wise so I'm proud to present Tribbi ZOO (I just shortened Joey Tribbiani's surname). I also have Buffay's Tortoise House which is a sponsored house and the sponsor is of course Phoebe Buffay and her conservation and rehabilitation organization. She is a huge animal lover and a vegetarian in the show so I thought it was very fitting. :p Progress in the spoiler.

Entrance

I've googled different zoo entrances and noticed that some have this kind of animals metal art shape at the top of the gates or ticket boots and I took that as inspiration. I imagine it's been there for decades and was trying to keep it low-budget.

20210503104948_1.jpg

Red Panda habitat

I had bison and pronghorns in one big habitat, but I ultimately didn't like it, and the animals kept getting super stressed. I put the animals in the trade center and made two habitats instead. One of them is the red panda, the other is empty as of now. I'm quite happy with the look of it, and the climbing structures are of course the attraction of the build.

20210503105008_1.jpg

Bengal tiger

I started this habitat for the Bengal tiger and it's currently unfinished, but will get back to it eventually.

20210503105036_1.jpg

Fallow Deer

This is my walkthrough habitat for the beautiful fallow deer (modded animal). It's not finished yet, but I wanted it to feel like you are walking through a thick, "magical" forest. I am planning on putting a forest backdrop on that plaster wall.

20210503105050_1.jpg

Overall, I'm really glad how this zoo is going and I'm happy that I got back into it. I'm a serial restarter and usually abandon my zoos after a few habitats because I always find things I don't like and just start fresh. I have been alternating between Tribbi zoo and my SEA tropical zoo and I think it's going well.

I have been back in my temperate, low-budget zoo. It finally has a name. I'm going for a Friends theme name-wise so I'm proud to present Tribbi ZOO (I just shortened Joey Tribbiani's surname). I also have Buffay's Tortoise House which is a sponsored house and the sponsor is of course Phoebe Buffay and her conservation and rehabilitation organization. She is a huge animal lover and a vegetarian in the show so I thought it was very fitting. :p Progress in the spoiler.

Entrance

I've googled different zoo entrances and noticed that some have this kind of animals metal art shape at the top of the gates or ticket boots and I took that as inspiration. I imagine it's been there for decades and was trying to keep it low-budget.

View attachment 224850

Red Panda habitat

I had bison and pronghorns in one big habitat, but I ultimately didn't like it, and the animals kept getting super stressed. I put the animals in the trade center and made two habitats instead. One of them is the red panda, the other is empty as of now. I'm quite happy with the look of it, and the climbing structures are of course the attraction of the build.

View attachment 224864

Bengal tiger

I started this habitat for the Bengal tiger and it's currently unfinished, but will get back to it eventually.

View attachment 224866

Fallow Deer

This is my walkthrough habitat for the beautiful fallow deer (modded animal). It's not finished yet, but I wanted it to feel like you are walking through a thick, "magical" forest. I am planning on putting a forest backdrop on that plaster wall.

View attachment 224869

Overall, I'm really glad how this zoo is going and I'm happy that I got back into it. I'm a serial restarter and usually abandon my zoos after a few habitats because I always find things I don't like and just start fresh. I have been alternating between Tribbi zoo and my SEA tropical zoo and I think it's going well.
😆 Interesting Idea.
I absolutely love the Entrance Building. Maybe this will inspire me to something similar in a new Zoo I'll build someday

I love it PeppyPepp! Especially the amazing climbing structure and the aniaml murals on the zoo entrance. (y)

Thank you! I normally download climbing structures from the workshop because I hate building them, but for some reason, I gave this one a go. I have to say, I'm happy with the way it turned out and I think it's quite fitting for red pandas. :)

😆 Interesting Idea.
I absolutely love the Entrance Building. Maybe this will inspire me to something similar in a new Zoo I'll build someday

Thanks! I remember in my first franchise zoo, all my employees were named after the characters from the show. :ROFLMAO: Would love to see your entrance if you decide to do it. :)

I've created a brown and a white Version of my Donkey from yesterday and looked at a absolutely awesome Park Blueprint with Tegidcam (I absolutely recommend to look at the Hobbiton Blueprint). Now I've added a brown Donkey to the 2 grey ones in my Petting Zoo and watch a juvenile Jaguar that somehow ended up on the Roof

Thank you alot guys. 🙃

How long did it take you for this flamingo habitat?
In raw building time, maybe like two hours top (I am very bad at terraforming and especially the work with water), but I am easily distracted by other things so the total time can take days (I am guilty of always looking at the animals and taking pictures of them, lol!), plus I play in challenge mode, so i also manage the zoo alot.

@FoxyDee yeah terraforming can be tricky at times. Looks incredible tho. I also love watching the animals. I know some people will play then stop and get bored till a new dlc comes out but the habitats you can create along with the creativity the game allows I’m always entertained with planet zoo.

Wow, Foxy, that flamingo habitat is pretty. Reminds me of some I've seen in real zoos. Which plant is the one that has that grassy, fibrous look?

I did some work on a vivarium in a sort of mission revival style. It has two restrooms as well as room for eight exhibits, some education panels, and a silly fountain in the middle.

I've created a number of buildings in this style with this zoo, even though it is a taiga biome and not southwestern desert or grassland style. It's been fun playing around with something kind of new and repurposing pieces from other theme kits. I did a visitor center for the front of the zoo as well, which has an information center, restrooms, concessions, education panels and so on.
20210504212607_1.jpg

20210504212718_1.jpg
20210504212739_1.jpg

Top Bottom