What's the Brand New Feature for ED in 2024?

I didn't write the description and as amigacooke {macOS} pointed out: NMS does not have that description of building outposts while it does have base building.
Did you read as far as this?
LOL, you folks :) - Let me give it to you straight from the horses mouth..... I am ALWAYS making errors.

1. I have no idea what Frontier is doing next... Never have.
2. I am dyslexic (hence my use of VoiceAttack), and I have multiple documents for descriptions of the products in the store - Some from other titles, like Starfield, which is what that is from by the way :D
3. I would love to see much more from Frontier, but base building? Not for me, though I'll give anything a go, but like the Thargoids, I lost tons of ships and run when I see them... I still haven't got to Elite status in anything yet, hehe... I am sure I'm close though! But in terms of being Elite with some product descriptions? That's a fail with me I'm afraid.
4. Try not to read into things that just aren't there
5. Have a nice evening, and if you're like me, and excited about much of what's coming, well... e can all share in that
Or do you think that Paul is doing a hasty "cover-up" job?

I highlighted the most relevant part, just in case...

Edit: typo

Last edited:
I've not really thought about the "new feature" much, but I suspect everybody is almost certainly wrong :sneaky:

Half the things people hope it will be are things that would need years not months of development, and would be charged-for dlc. That includes base building. It's 100% the case for ship interiors.

So it's a new feature that can be developed by fdev's existing talented but probably quite slim ED team, and quickly. It's going to be something that can be built on existing systems/code without huge development time or rewriting the instancing, imo.

....Unless this feature has been in development for a while? perhaps all part of the original Odyssey plan only now being added. In which case I hope for more planet types and deeper atmospheres. But the problem with that is it's not really a new feature, and would likely need the galaxy to be regenerated again.

🤷‍♂️

You're all doing the conspiracy thing wrong by the way. You're supposed to wait until Frontier announce the thing, THEN claim it was all a cover-up. You're not supposed to claim it's a cover-up before the announcement.

Sheesh, it's like you guys have never done conspiracy theory-crafting before.
And yes, this is tongue-in-cheek teasing.

Yes… as a paid update that would be separate from a paid update that would be “Combat and other interactions with other players and AIs in the internal areas of star ports.” Which Odyssey still doesn’t have in any meaningful way. Or all that many “richly detailed planetary surfaces” for that matter.

(link)
Speaking of paid updates, I wonder if the new feature is going to require Odyssey.
I’d really like to see Odyssey fleshed out, maybe they're thinking that a lower price and an interesting new feature will boost sales.

Top Bottom