According to some reference Ive browsed this afternoon after the expulsion of Adam & Eve God moved Paradise from Earth to Heaven...
Just taken two more pix inside Li Qing Jao station, the docking light and the statue- might this represent Adam & Eve reaching for the Forbidden Fruit on the Tree of Knowledge?

According to some reference Ive browsed this afternoon after the expulsion of Adam & Eve God moved Paradise from Earth to Heaven...
Just taken two more pix inside Li Qing Jao station, the docking light and the statue- might this represent Adam & Eve reaching for the Forbidden Fruit on the Tree of Knowledge?

Brilliant, I never would have made that particular jump regarding those statues and yes God relocated Eden after the fall. Eden was always to be the ‘new heaven’. Paradise was always portrayed by Milton to be an earthly pastoral paradise.

Really hope all this is actually what this all means. This sounds totally genius.

The tourism station I was in last night, I can confirm those statues were not directly under the spire in my instance, but still there is no reason why they can’t be, except those statues are wearing Remlok suits.

Last edited:
Brilliant, I never would have made that particular jump regarding those statues and yes God relocated Eden after the fall. Eden was always to be the ‘new heaven’. Paradise was always extended to be an earthly pastoral paradise in Milton’s version.

Really hope all this is actually what this all means. This sounds totally genius.

The tourism station I was in last night, I can confirm those statues were not directly under the spire in my instance, but still there is no reason why they can’t be, except those statues are wearing Remlok suits.
I've been called smart, I've been called a smart-r se, but never been called a genius! 🤣😂

There seems to be two possible hypotheses here. Either the whole garden is just a pointer to Milton's cosmology, and we'll have to rely on your explorations (mythological and galactic) to lead the solution search, or only the first part of the garden is the Milton cosmology reference and the rest of the garden is a hint to the solution.

I suspect the former is the case, else why would MB spend all that effort setting up the Milton cosmology in-game. However the second hypothesis might provide a quick set of system possibilities to be tested... I'll try to come up with some thoughts.

Last edited:
Just something that i noticed in another Game.
There is something in the german localisation "Moiren" that is in the Englich localisation "wisperer" and its a reference to the Triple deity.
And after finding this on Wikipedia:
In the Old Norse Völuspá and Gylfaginning, the Norns are three cosmic goddesses of fate who are described sitting by the well of Urðr at the foot of the world tree Yggdrasil.
I haven't followed the Yggdrasil theorie much but i am aware of it.
So maybe the Wisperer in Witchspace is also a reference to the Triple deity.

There is something in the german localisation "Moiren" that is in the Englich localisation "wisperer" and its a reference to the Triple deity.

Yes, this cropped up a while ago when we were discussing triple goddess (e.g. Luna/Selene/ Hecate, the moon being tied to witchcraft).

Going back to the garden design, I'm currently thinking RHS suggests:
1) star, 6 planets (fifth may be ringed)
2) star, four planets of which third has a ring (or two) and a moon.

Good job! wish I could give you more likes for that post!!!

Happy I cpould help :cool:

The tall trees do look like cedars or maybe cypress. Photinia does have red (new) leaves but doesn't have thorns; those bushes look more like Pyracantha (firethorn) to me with red berries...

Yeah, I'm no botanist, that works better!

So, those "short straight paths" are actually benches! 😎

At the time I said 'sometimes a bench is just a bench', that was only my best duess at what they where :D

Macros has useful info on first page of this thread! 😉

Yeah, I keep meaning to go through it all - so many stuffs, so little minutes! o_O

I still suspect they were deleted because they weren't relevant and just too much obfuscation; they might have been part of a related TDW storyline which was deleted on same grounds...but then why did FD leave TDW bit in the codex???

Could be they confused more than helped - I think the Codex Entries are probably 'bare minimum content' to raise awareness/create interest/give a starting point.

Only sense checking myself to make sure I had sufficient tin-foil protection.

One can never have too much tin-foil!

Everyone’s input recently has been highly insightful.

Again, just happy to be throwing idea's around.

Last night I visited a nearby tourism system and the first thing that stood out was that garden design, it was rather a beautiful moment. I spent a good half hour just wandering around the station in free-cam mode, it was very lovely, I’d forgotten how beautiful and wonderfully designed these stations are, they’re a triumph.

Yeah, I often take screenies of my ships inside the docking bays, and there are so many cool touches in them.

Saw Dune: part two yesterday - amazing!

Looking forward to it myself, probably be a while before I get to it, though.

Hyperbole and a half.

Isn't it all hyperbole, until someone finds something?

Perhaps something like this?

Now I'm wondering howe that SRV got into the docking bay, and if you tried it with Odyssey now, could you disembark from the SRV and 'swim' around the docking bay?

Good way to end up plastered over the nose of an Orca, but still!

Brilliant, I never would have made that particular jump regarding those statues and yes God relocated Eden after the fall. Eden was always to be the ‘new heaven’. Paradise was always portrayed by Milton to be an earthly pastoral paradise.

I really like this observation/idea!

I don't think it would matter too much where the Statues occur in the bay - they will always be reaching towards the centerline of the bay, and from the entrance, look like they're reaching for the lights I keep crashing in too.

The only other observation I have to offer on that front is if the 'Symbol' at the end of the docking bay represents lost paradise, and Raxxla is analogous for our purposes, then that makes something 'true' that I have always wanted to be so...

raxxla.jpeg

Wait. Did we just find Raxxla? ;)

Yes the Moiren or Moirai in game, I’ve mapped previously as part of various alignments. It’s an interestingly located system.

Technically in comparison to my ‘Mountains’ hypothesis it sits slap in the middle of that construct.

In relation to my maps of the systems named after the Norns and Greek Fates it’s too far below; however, its Y coordinate does align with the Greek Fates midpoint!

Ironically there is a system at that relative location called LHS 2037.

One thing I’ve always been wary of is the knowledge that ED is broken, so it’s highly likely some systems are just wrongly placed or the design that implemented them broken.

For such a complex ‘hand crafted’ construct for which we’re describing / uncovering there are in my opinion, just too many variables not to rule out the possibility.

We will never know if it’s intentional or an error, such a possibility could be another reason the PF/DW missions were removed, it simply didn’t work and would had taken too much time to fix, hence the codex, which I’ve always presumed is a retro-fix.

Last edited:
Nice to see all the fun with the Garden Axis

The connection to the Milton Diagram by Sprague is great. It makes alot of sense with MBs love for Milton. I like to think that the left symbol in the Garden Axis was related to the Thargoid Symbol in that they were both symbolizing the Orion Nebula complex. If that is the case - we now have a map…. Hmmm where to search first …. Heaven or hell 😄

Ya i do think that the other spheres are designating planets/moons possibly giving us a system description.

So do u think this is a path to the Dark Wheel Station?

@SpaceGoblin
One can never have too much tin-foil!....unless you're a Christmas turkey! 😉

I was thinking of the Raxxla logo when I took the pic of L Qing Jao's docking lights, and because I hadn't noticed before how different it is from other stations. No, I don't think it's Raxxla; I suspect the Raxxla logo is actually for a dodecahedral station (maybe TDW's) which may or may not be named Raxxla....just a thought!

Nice to see all the fun with the Garden Axis

The connection to the Milton Diagram by Sprague is great. It makes alot of sense with MBs love for Milton. I like to think that the left symbol in the Garden Axis was related to the Thargoid Symbol in that they were both symbolizing the Orion Nebula complex. If that is the case - we now have a map…. Hmmm where to search first …. Heaven or hell 😄

Ya i do think that the other spheres are designating planets/moons possibly giving us a system description.

So do u think this is a path to the Dark Wheel Station?
So, how to search for that system? IIRC Spansh doesn't do logical AND operations in the searches.....Anybody skilled in EDSM queries?

Yes, this cropped up a while ago when we were discussing triple goddess (e.g. Luna/Selene/ Hecate, the moon being tied to witchcraft).

Going back to the garden design, I'm currently thinking RHS suggests:
1) star, 6 planets (fifth may be ringed)
2) star, four planets of which third has a ring (or two) and a moon.
Ah, Spansh system search has a body count parameter...for option (1) there are10,000 systems with body count=7 within 600 ly of Sol; 832 within 60 ly
🤔🤔

Last edited:
Ah, Spansh system search has a body count parameter...for option (1) there are10,000 systems with body count=7 within 600 ly of Sol; 832 within 60 ly
🤔🤔
How’s that work exactly, what’s the steps?

I’d like to know why you chose systems with 7 bodies? How many are there with just 4 or 5, from the garden pictured it looks potentially like 4 or 5 bodies?

Last edited:
🤔🤔
10000 is just the maximum amount the Spansh API can return; even within 400ly it already returns 9187 systems.

it's possible to scrap and comb through the raw JSON output to get a more precise result - let's try it here...

EDIT: 7425 out of those 9187 have no secondary stars, but the body list does not differentiate between planets and moons; unless we can extract that information from their id64 somehow...?

EDIT 2: nope! But a very ugly heuristic (last character of body name is a digit) trims it down to 4262. Too bad it makes any system with named bodies (such as Tau Ceti) miss the cut.

Last edited:
10000 is just the maximum amount the Spansh API can return; even within 400ly it already returns 9187 systems.

it's possible to scrap and comb through the raw JSON output to get a more precise result - let's try it here...

EDIT: 7425 out of those 9187 have no secondary stars, but the body list does not differentiate between planets and moons; unless we can extract that information from their id64 somehow...?

EDIT 2: nope! But a very ugly heuristic (last character of body name is a digit) trims it down to 4262. Too bad it makes any system with named bodies (such as Tau Ceti) miss the cut.
Aha, the first time I ran the search Tau Ceti was one of the first 20 to be returned....is the universe trying to tell me something thought I !! 😁

How’s that work exactly?

How many systems with 4 or 5 bodies?
Open Spansh system search, set desired distance (60), set reference system (Sol), set body count (4, so 3 planets/moons since star counts as 1), click search...result 692

Count=5...723
Count=6...761
Simples! 🐒 (Wot, no meerkat emoji??)

4 bodies within/touching the middle part of the garden design, plus two on the right hand side....is the RHS an expansion of the larger body within the middle? ...if so then 5+star=6 total, if not then 6+star=7 total.

I ain't going to attempt that large a search (I've been on this quest for 8 years now, I'm all fernwehed out!
👴😔) ...Great potato hunt should already have covered those systems. We are unlikely to find Raxxla without having some idea of what we're looking for since it's clearly obfuscated (what does an Omphalos Rift look like? can you even see it? Do you have to fly through it to detect it?)

I'm assuming Raxxla =Paradise and MB would have located it in Heaven (FD server) only accessible (instanced) by finding and travelling the golden staircase (Omphalos Rift). So we need to find Heavens Gate!

Last edited:
Brilliant will give that a go, and compare it with my maps, it might highlight something, didn’t know it could do that.

Given the potential search area it’s highly likely a Cmdr will have mapped it already, although its possible no one has too, but that’s not to say it’s not there.

Given the description in the map - if accurate then it’s drilling down into the system arrangement and advocating we look at or scrutinise a particular celestial body.

I think this might outline that Raxxla might not appear in the scanner and we need to get up close the body it’s around/on/is?

I’m hoping the colourisation of the map and numerical markings; such as the potential presence of rings, or number of Cedars - is integral. If that’s the case the system ought to be instantly recognisable to those familiar with that image?!

Someone (sorry, breakfast coffee not working yet) suggested yesterday the system might be named in accordance with Paradise Lost. Think you're the only one with the knowledge to detect that if true, so might be worth a look at those Spansh search results to see if anything jumps out...

Mmm. Arcadian is close but contains only two T Tauri stars...and perhaps an Omphalos?

Last edited:
Happy I cpould help :cool:

Yeah, I'm no botanist, that works better!

At the time I said 'sometimes a bench is just a bench', that was only my best duess at what they where :D

Yeah, I keep meaning to go through it all - so many stuffs, so little minutes! o_O

Could be they confused more than helped - I think the Codex Entries are probably 'bare minimum content' to raise awareness/create interest/give a starting point.

One can never have too much tin-foil!

Again, just happy to be throwing idea's around.

Yeah, I often take screenies of my ships inside the docking bays, and there are so many cool touches in them.

Looking forward to it myself, probably be a while before I get to it, though.

Isn't it all hyperbole, until someone finds something?

Now I'm wondering howe that SRV got into the docking bay, and if you tried it with Odyssey now, could you disembark from the SRV and 'swim' around the docking bay?

Good way to end up plastered over the nose of an Orca, but still!

I really like this observation/idea!

I don't think it would matter too much where the Statues occur in the bay - they will always be reaching towards the centerline of the bay, and from the entrance, look like they're reaching for the lights I keep crashing in too.

The only other observation I have to offer on that front is if the 'Symbol' at the end of the docking bay represents lost paradise, and Raxxla is analogous for our purposes, then that makes something 'true' that I have always wanted to be so...

View attachment 387185
Wait. Did we just find Raxxla? ;)
Context is king, if you look at the context I was replying to Jorki asking what the cartoon was in the previous post, it's from an artist called 'Hyperbole and a half'...

Irony right there.

The answer is almost alwsys much more simple and straightforward than you think.

Last edited:
Google search gave 12 gates of Heaven named after the 12 tribes of Israel. There is a system named Dan, and also Joseph's Lighthouse. Neither correspond to the system layout of the Milton Garden.

Top Bottom